Titan Turn; A TDS Story

Von OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 23

196 5 9
Von OK1610

Krampus turned back to the bed. His nephew was craddled, facing away from him. The boy was staring out through the window. He could vaguely see some tears around his eyes. What a horrible set of events to cast upon the soul of a small child... Who would be so cruel as to force him to endure it? He couldn't help but feel somewhat at fault. If he had not been so careless perhaps he would have still been by his family's side all these years. He shook off the idea, guilt stinging his heavy heart. Krampus walked over, taking a seat next to the child. He did what he would always do to Frost Spirit whenever he was upset, coax him into talking about it.

"Hey champ, what's wrong?"

He could hear the boy muffle under his breath, something unclear.

His hand lightly rubbed the boy's back as he struggled to find his words, "... Your father will be alright if that is what is worring you... He is a resilient fighter, you know that."

Still nothing. This child was even harder to crack than his own son.
They stayed in pure silence, each one deep in thought. Right as Krampus was about to say something, Grave took his chance.

"... Do you think he hates me? "

Krampus paused, blinking idly,
"... What?"

"You know... Father..? Do you think he hates me?"

The man turned to the child in shock, "My boy, how could speak of such thing?! My brother sees you as his own flesh and blood, his son. If he did not love you, he would not be here."

Gravedigger sat up rapidly startling his uncle, "But I caused so much trouble! Surely-"

The man pressed a finger atop his mouth, "No. Stop. Listen to me. My brother does not take risks unless whatever is on the line means the absolute world to him... This expedition alone was a huge risk. One that could have costed him his life... If he did not care about you, he would have left you here. "

" Yeah...almost... I almost took Molten's father away... "

"... He is not just Molten's. He is yours as well. And there is not a day that goes by when Fallen doesn't think about you too... Kid, he doesn't know how to approach you... You were so scared of him before... But that does not mean he hates you, not even close. You hear me? "

Garve sighed in defeat, " Yes but-"

"No but. He loves you, get that in your head. Alright?"

"... Yes uncle."

"Good. Now, here is what we are going to do, let me talk to him first when he wakes up. He will probably be disoriented and confused, after I set him straight you can go speak to him. I am sure he has a lot to say to you. Is that ok?"

The boy gave a weak nod, "Yeah... Just hope he doesn't react too badly when he see me."

"You'll be fine! You know Fallen is not quick to anger... He is one of the most patient people I know. And I am sure, if anything, he is more worried than ticked off." he finished with a small pat on the head.

Grave allowed himself to show a shy smile, "Thank you, uncle".

Krampus wrapped his arms around the young Titan, embracing him.
As he pressed his head against the child's he whispered, "Anytime"

A hard knock resounded at the door. It was the Commander. He cracked it open just enough to observe Krampus looking at him in confusion.
He rubbed the back of his head meekly, "Uhhh, my apologies for interrupting your moment."

The older Titan raised a hand, "It is fine, Commander. What is it that I can assist you with?"

"Well, I heard some ruckus upstairs... Thought Fallen King might have woken up and uhmm... I don't think I should be the one to talk to him."

Krampus stood up, his towering height making Commander feel like he shrunk even more in size. He was even taller than Fallen King, who was already a behemoth of a man!
Tension was still present between them albeit it being not as bad as before. The Tower backed away from the door to make way for the Titan. He gazed back to Gravedigger who watched him curiously.

"... What?"

"Oh nothing, sir."

The man turned on his heel and left the child behind with a huff.

.........

Upstairs, Fallen woke up with a jolt. The fuzzy eyesight he tried to blink away was barely leaving him as he regained his consciousness from the blackout. He tried to sit up, a sharp pain shooting through his whole body. The signal was enough to get him lay back down, whimpering quietly. As he rested back onto the pillow, he managed to take in his surroundings a little more with less bluriness. The room he was in was quite spacious, a big bed, a wood carved drawer, a window with gleaming red curtains being the only light source.
Panic gradually overtook him the longer he looked around. Where was he exactly? What even happened to them?.. Wait... T-The avalanche... The Commander...finding.... Gravedigger!!
Everything was coming back to him, alongside a throbbing headache, he winced, touching his brow to feel a thin bandage across it.
The most agony however, he felt from somewhere above his right hip. The Titan carefully lifted his loose shirt to see bandages covered in some dried up blood. He touched it lightly, a twinge toturing his body again. He groaned but a few steps outside the unfamiliar entrance made him stop abruptly from making any noise.

Krampus was right outside of the bedroom, his brother had been sleeping in. He heared through the door some twists and turns, creeks of the bed and the ruffling of a blanket. He grasped the knob and quietly opened the wooden door. He peaked in to see Fallen stare back at him. His sweet little brother, oh the horror in his eyes, it felt like a stab in the chest. His thinner figure shaking like a leaf.
Krampus stepped in fully, bit by bit walking closer to his frightened sibling. The older one took a seat on the edge of the bed, not taking his eyes of Fallen who in turn didn't break contact either. Moreover, it was Fallen who took the first step. He leaned forward, faintly caressing his brother's cheek as if to confirm he is even real and not just a cruel hallucination, "You're alive.." was all he could mutter through his shock.

Krampus took his hand into his own, giving it a squeez with a smirk, "I am right here, brother."

Seeing his brother's expression soften made him feel warm inside. How he missed his ever so stoic sibling!
To watch him break into a smile was  a rare sight but a welcomed one nonetheless. Fallen came closer, the strain causing his wound to flare up again. He would've collapsed on the ground if it hadn't been for Krampus swiftly catching him. The elder pulled him close, craddling him into his arms protectively as Fallen struggled to breathe properly. Every breath felt like it burned his insides.

"Take it easy, Fallen. You barely just woke up" he advised.

"H-How long have I been out for ?", the younger one asked through shaken gasps for air.

"Since we found you.. Hmm.. For almost three whole hours."

".. W-Where are we?"

Krampus rubbed circles around his back as he shushed him, "You are in my house. It's safe. You are safe, just relax and breathe. Ok?"

"And the kids... Are they safe?"

"Yes, Fallen. Everyone is alright."

The Titan detensed a little more after that. Wrapping his one good arm around his brother's side.

"I am so glad you are alive." he whispered before placing his head on his brother's shoulder. He was too drained to even hold it up.

Krampus chuckled, "I was not the one stuck in an avalanche."

"Ohhh, don't remind me!" laughed Fallen.

"How are you feeling?" asked the former as he brushed the strand of dark hair covering the Titan's face.

Fallen groaned, "Sore...all over."

Shifting his position to keep a stronger yet more comfortable grip, Krampus joked, "That sounds fun."

"I don't need your sarcasm" snorted in return, Fallen. It was this brotherly annoyance he missed so dearly yet he would never admit.

"Fine. But I know it makes you laugh, little brother"

"Nooo, not the 'little brother' thing again!"

"Yes, 'the little brother thing again'. You wanted me back"

"... I still do."

"Aww my baby bro missed me!"

Fallen punched him lightly in the shoulder before nestling back down. They laughed together at their own antics. The two haven't felt this sort of happiness in a while, really.

"Alright, alright, enough messing around." called out Krampus despite the grin adorining his face. "We have some important things to talk...about Gravedigger... And everything else... "

"... Is Grave hurt?"

"Oh no no! It's just...Fallen, he is the one who found you.."

Fallen looked up, "...Oh no.."

"It terrified him and...he wants to talk to you, to see that you are fine... But you know.."

"He is more scared of me." sighed Fallen, he bit back a tear or two as he leaned back down.

"Look brother, you have to sit him down and talk about it once and for all. Everything that happened, not just today. Settle it, now or never."

"... I *sighh* you know that I am not as good as you are at this..."

"I know but you have to. It's part of parenting." shrugged Krampus jokingly, nudging him.

Fallen huffed, "Yeah as if I am not a mess at that already!"

"Fallen stop, you are-"

A few quick knocks echoed outside. The door opened slightly, with red eyes of Gravedigger peeping in. At the sight of his father, the door closed, fast steps indicating he bolted down the stairs. Krampus sighed, "You have to solve this. I'll go get him, just talk."

He got up, exiting the room.
Fallen exhaled deeply, "Ohh this will be a long evening."

.....

Author's note:  The next chapter will be perhaps the longest one yet since it is the scene that started this whole story in the first place. Until then I hope you enjoy this brotherly fluff!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4.1K 92 36
Now with oneshots~! feel free to look into the book if you want to keep tabs on my other book, S:TS(Sledger: The Sledgening) I literally dont know wh...
5.2K 156 17
DJ is a new recruit to the TDS team and he has made one thing his mission: get Commander to crack.
58.2K 1.3K 23
"WHHHYYYYYYY HELLO THERE! You didn't forget about me, did you?! Don't tell me you forgot about me!" "...do you, like, have all these monologues frame...
11.6K 244 19
For thousands of years this foe has been going to solar system after solar system, finding habitated planets and bringing a solar eclipse on them. Th...