How It All Started

By foreverandalways_3

Alex has found the perfect job for going through university, being a Nanny for a wealthy family who really en... More

Chapter 1- The Meeting
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- The Fireworks
Chapter 4- The Explanation
Chapter 5- The Drive
Chapter 6- The Scare
Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm
Chapter 8- The Surprise
Chapter 9- The Walk
Chapter 10- The Hospital
Chapter 11- The Cabin
Chapter 12- The First Date
Chapter 13- The New Unfound News
Chapter 14- The Dream
Chapter 15- The Fair
Chapter 16- The Dinner
Chapter 17- The Dress
Chapter 18- The Wedding (Part 1)
Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 20- The Goodbye's
Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 22- The Visitors
Chapter 23- The Mall
Chapter 24- The Family Reunion
Chapter 25- The Difficult Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation
Chapter 27- The Hot Air of Arizona
Chapter 28- The Games
Chapter 29- The Sports Interview
Chapter 30- The Fight
Chapter 31- The Failure
Chapter 32- The Next Touch Down In Italy
Chapter 33- The Unexpected Deep Talk
Chapter 34- The Final Goodbye
Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things
Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit
Chapter 37- The Presents
Chapter 38- The New Year's Eve Party
Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse
Thank You All!!
My Newest Story

Epilogue

4.8K 138 13
By foreverandalways_3

**all the next day, one year later, 6 years later or whatever is from the beginning of this chapter. So two years later would be two years later from the dinner with Belle and Jared

The Next Day

The next morning after Shane proposed to me, and I told him that we are having a baby, he decided to come to work with me early in the morning to drop me off and to stop by his father's office. When we walk in of course Jared is sitting there typing away on his computer, probably writing some email to someone important.

"Oh hey Alex, Shane," he nods before he stops typing to look up at us. He stands and gives us both a quick hug before leaning against his own desk which is slightly similar to mine.

"So we were thinking we could come over for dinner tonight? Around seven? Is that alright? There is something Alex and I need to discuss with you all," Shane asks his father, and he wraps his arm around my waist resting it gently on my stomach.

"For sure, your mother will be excited, I'll shoot her a text, why don't you also just in case," Jared smiles widely. "What do we all need to talk about? You guys don't have anything wrong is it?"

"No, no, nothing wrong just want to catch up you know," I step in now, covering for Shane.

"Oh, I see, well this will be good then!" He claps his hands together intertwining them. "I never asked you guys! How was the trip to Mexico?"

At the end of September, Shane and I finally took our trip that we got for Christmas from his parents.

"Oh my gosh it was amazing! I loved it there," I gush leaning into Shane the slightest bit. Even though he complained a lot about how incredibly hot it was, by the time we landed back Toronto he wanted to be back in paradise.

"I bet! We'll have to talk about it over dinner! I have to get back to work, but text your mother to let her know you two are coming tonight," nodding and saying our quick goodbyes we walk a few doors down to my office that I love very much.

"So I'll pick you up from work at 4:30 cause the appointment is at five, right?" Shane clarifies one last time.

"Sounds right," I giggle as he leans down and kisses me deeply. Right after work, we decided it was a good idea to go see a doctor and get an ultrasound done, which I'm not complaining about because it has to be done sometime.

"Alright Love, I'll see you soon," he kisses my forehead quickly. "I love you,"

"I love you too," I whisper back and smiles before waving and walking out of my office closing the door softly behind him.

The smile I have on my face cannot be taken off, and frankly, it's starting to hurt a bit. We came to the conclusion that I shouldn't wear my ring to work today because we didn't want anyone to see it before the dinner tonight, so I have it in its box in my purse.

Typing in my password to my computer, I begin to open the different emails I've been sent since yesterday after I left work.

I really hope this work day goes by fast.

_________

My shirt is slightly rolled up to just below my ribs and there is a very cold gel that is now being rubbed around my lower stomach. "So, you'll see your baby come up on the screen in a second," my head tilts to look over at the screen. "Ah, there it is, your baby," Shane's hand is squeezing mine.

"Oh, my gosh," tears form in my eyes, looking at the screen and then over at Shane. "There's our baby," I whisper. He kisses my temple not once looking around from the screen.

"So from what I can tell from the screen you're about one month into your pregnancy," she pauses for a moment, from the corner of my eye I can see her smile. "I can print off a couple of the ultrasound pictures,"

"Two please," I smile at her. "Actually three- four I mean four please, sorry," I laugh nervously.

"Four? Sounds good, I'll be back with your pictures and your estimated due date! There are some paper towels over next to the sink, so you can clean yourself off," she giggles as she walks out of the room, the door closing behind her.

"It's our baby," Shane says as he walks over to the sink grabbing a couple paper towels before softly wiping the clear jell off my stomach. He kisses me softly before putting the towels in the garbage. The doctor walks in and her blonde is swaying back and forth and she walks towards us.

"So here are your pictures," she shows us four of the same picture of the baby before she puts them in an envelope. "We round your due date to be around May 14th of next year," Shane and I both nod and she smiles and writes stuff down on a sheet and puts it in the envelope with the pictures, "and that's just the due date,"

We thank her and leave quickly, needing to get home so we can change and head over to Shane's parent's house.

Once Shane and I change, we head back out and leave for his parent's house. Luckily there wasn't much traffic from our apartment to their house so we got here at 6:45.

Walking up to the big house Shane following behind, he opens the door for me, as we both enter we both call out Hellos.

"Hello! Hello!" I hear Belle yell from the kitchen or from somewhere over there.

"Alex! Shane! I've missed you!" Chelsea smiles. She just turned ten in July and she was very proud of herself when she lost her last tooth the day before her party.

"I've missed you too! How was your first week of school?" I decided to ask her as we head towards the kitchen.

"It's been good, they won't let me talk as much anymore and I don't like it," she laughs at herself knowing that she talks a lot.

"Alex!" Marcus waves from across the room at the dining table, it looks like he's setting it for dinner.

"Marcus! How are you? Are you liking your first year of school?" I ask him as he sets out the forks and knives in different orders.

"I'm good, I love school! I have so many friends!" He begins to go off on a tangent and explains to me how popular he is in his class.

As Belle brings out one of the casserole dishes she's made she gives me a hug and says that she'll have to hear stories from Mexico.

Jared comes down a minute later and sits down smiling, but quickly getting up to help his wife carry the different dishes out to the long table. Sitting down at our usual spots, everyone begins to out food in their plates. Neither Belle or Jared had noticed my engagement ring yet which makes me smirk.

Everyone has begun to eat and Belle asks us about Mexico, we tell her about the beaches, the different messages, the food, almost everything, then suddenly I wave my hand in the air maybe a little more than I noticed I did before Belle drops her fork making all heads snap towards her.

"Alex... Is that a ring?" She asks trying to be calm, though it doesn't work out too well. Looking over at Shane he has the biggest smirk on his face.

"Yeah it is," I giggle, I feel my face turning redder. "That's something we wanted to tell you all,"

"I proposed to Alex last night," Shane says smiling at me. Biting my lip I look at Belle and she has tears streaming down her face, looking at Jared he has a wide grin.

Belle's chair is moved back before she stands up and makes her way to my chair. I stand up to hug her, and when she's done with me and hugs Shane so tightly, and I hear her say, "I'm so glad you did it, Shane,"

"Oh Alex this is great news," Jared brings me in for a hug also.

"I know I'm very happy," I can't seem to stop smiling. Shane goes over and hugs his father quickly before we sit back down to a slightly confused looking Chelsea and Marcus.

"What just happened? And why is mommy crying at the dinner table?" Marcus asks as he eats a scoop of potatoes.

"Because Shane and Alex are getting married!" Belle claps and he understands now.

"Wow, that's great!" Chelsea says clapping.

We all continue to eat and talk about lots. Once we clean up and all the dishes are done we're all sitting in the living room talking, squeezing Shane's leg he looks over at me and smiles, our eyes searching each other, nodding the slightest bit he does also. Our little movements tell me that we are going to announce the baby. Good thing my purse is right there with their ultrasound picture.

"Hey so we also have something else to tell you," Shane stops and looks over at me, my cheeks turning a bright pink color.

"Oh no, I don't know if I can handle another surprise," Belle laughs from the love seat across from us. Little does she know that she has a grandchild on the way.

"Mom I know you love surprises, and you're going to flip shit when you hear this one," Shane pauses laughing at his mother's expression after he cursed. "Well, Alex is pregnant,"

The room fell silent and Belle looks like a sheet of shit paper. "Wait," she stops, holding her hands to her head. "You're having a baby?"

Nodding the slightest bit, tears literally overflow Belles' eyes. "I knew this was coming," Shane whispers in my ear.

Belle stands up and hugs me so tight. "Everything I ever hoped for Shane to come true, literally just came true in one night! This is incredible!" She cries into my shoulder. Hugging her back I reach into my purse handing her the ultrasound picture. She begins to cry even more. Jared comes over wiping his eyes. Before hugging both Shane and I he sits back down with his wife who is now right beside me.

On the back of the picture I wrote, 1 month. "This is incredible, I'm so happy for you both," Shane's arm is wrapped around me and our fingers laced together at weird angles.

I love this family and I wouldn't change this moment for the world.

__________

One Year Later

Taking one last shaky deep breath, the big thick doors of the church opens and everyone's eyes turn towards me. The known music for the bride to walk down the aisle begins to play. With my father beside me walking my heart beats fast as everyone in this full church is looking at me. Though once I meet eye contact with those bright blue eyes down the aisle, I know this is almost too good to be true.

His hands are up covering his mouth though I can still see the smile on his cheeks, his eyes are watering, to say the least. My arms are covered in a light lace and comes up and around my neck. The lace continues all down the dress, and is tight around my torso and flows out after around my bum. My father hugs and kisses my cheek before shaking Shane's hand. Shane takes my hand in his warm one. Once we're at the top of the altar, the priest starts the ceremony.

Shane looks so good in his tuxedo, and it looks so soft. I just want to feel it. The words that the priest is speaking, I'm listening to, but Shane's eyes are so captivating.

"Can I get the ring bearer's to bring the rings up?" The priest calls for Marcus and my baby boy Luke, who is just under a year old. Marcus takes Luke's hand softly and begins to guide him up the alter to stand beside Shane.

"Mommy!" Luke yells as loud as he can, his big blue eyes that match his fathers are wide and excited. Everyone begins to giggle through the crowd, and his cheeks turn slightly pink at the fact that so many people are watching his every move. He slowly walks towards me letting go of Marcus' hand, I bend down and puckers his lips for a kiss. I kiss him quickly before he smiles and scurries off to be beside Marcus and his father, whose hands I never let go of.
When I stand back up to my height, Shane's smile is so wide.

The ceremony continues and we do our vows which we decided to make yourself to make this day a little more special than it already is.

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest announces. Shane wastes no time to pull me in by the waist and hold on to my cheek before our lips meet softly, holding the kiss for a good twenty seconds when we pull away the crowd cheers and Shane pecks my lips again.

"I love you, Mrs. Carson,"

"I love you, Mr. Carson,"

Everyone is standing while clapping and cheering. Luke runs towards us as fast as his little legs can carry them. Shane picks him up, his blonde hair is done up just like his fathers. The smile on his face as everyone watches us walk out the doors, with the flower girls in front of us, who just happen to be Shanelle's daughter Ivy, and Chelsea. Once we get to the doors, the photographer stops us and Shane let's go of my hand and pulls me in by the waist. Everyone is in the background behind us and the flash nearly blinds me but Shane guides me out into the area at the front of the church.

"I love you too Lukey," Shane tickles his tummy before, his parents and my dad walk up to us and give us big hugs and congratulate us again.

"I can't believe its happened! I'm so happy," Belle dabs under her eyes avoiding to ruin her make up.

I just wish my mother made it to this day, but I know she's watching from above.

After everyone says their congrats to us we head out and get in the limo we rented. The whole wedding party gets in. Shanelle being my maid of honor, Kane being Shane's best man. Along with two good friends that I made at the office, Nicole and Jessica. The other two groomsmen are Blake and one of Shane's other friends named Brandon. Luke is gone with my dad and Shane's parents, who offered for him to stay at their house for the night.

"It's forever and on baby," Shane kisses me again and everyone cheers.

"Forever," I smile that never leaves me for the rest of the night.

___________

Two Years Later

"Mummy," my almost two-year-old son whispers in my ear waking me up, he nudges me until I make a noise.

"Good morning Lukey," I smile as his big grin is centimeters away from me. His lips pucker and kiss my lips.

"Mommy day," he tells me hugging me around the neck. "Breaky," his limited vocabulary makes me giggle.

"Did you help Daddy make breakfast?"

He nods and claps his hands dramatically. "Go," he nudges me again for me to get out of bed.

Swinging my legs over the bed, I push myself off the bed for my feet to be met with new soft carpet. When Shane and I found out another baby was on the way we decided that it was a good idea to move out of downtown, and into a nice neighborhood, which just happens to be near Belle and Jared's house.

Instead of looking around and go house shopping, we decided that we could build our own the way we want it.

I pick up Luke and hold him beside my now becoming bulging tummy, walking out of our white french bedroom doors on the cream plush carpet I'm met with the delicious smell of pancakes and bacon.

Being followed by my now big cat Liam, I set foot on the landing and turn towards the next small flight of stairs. I make eye contact with the love of my life as he rinses off something in the sink.

Coming to meet me at the end of the steps, I stand on the last stair as Shane rests his hand on my neck and kisses my lips softly before kissing Lukes forehead. "Good morning Sweet Cheeks, how did you sleep?"

"Pretty good," I smile as he takes Luke and sets him on the floor for him to wobbly walk away into the living. Shane's hands now resting on my large tummy.

"We better eat before this gets cold," he takes my hand and waits until I'm down the last step before leading me to the dining table. The oak hardwood floors chilly on my feet. Sitting in my usual chair, I stick one foot under my other thigh. Shane lifts Luke into his high chair next to me. "I'll cut up his food don't worry," he smiles as I begin to reach over towards his plate before taking it back.

"What are your plans for today?" I ask him as he hands me my plate and begins to cut Luke's food.

"Well, I have secret plans for you, right Lukey?" Luke nods quickly before pressing his fingers to his lips and blows out, to signify the secret. "Okay Lukey, you have to eat like a good boy now," Shane tells him as he hands Luke his tiny the rest of breakfast is quiet, but between Luke's giggles at nothing and Shane trying to avoid answering any of my questions about what we're doing today, it has its good times.

Once we finished eating, Shane wouldn't let me do any dishes, but I did tell him that I was going to go give Luke a bath because the amount of syrup he has on his arms is incredible.

By lunch we're sitting at the park watching Luke swing back and forth on the swing, that would need one of us to get up and push every once and a while.

"I can't believe there's going to be another one," Shane's hand that isn't around my shoulders comes to touch the top of my belly.

"Really soon," I sigh leaning into his shoulder.

"What do you think it will be?" Shane kisses the side of my head.

"I have to say a boy again," I giggle at the thought of Luke having another brother. What would he do to him? Oh gosh. What would he do to a little girl?

"Really? I think it's a girl," a smirk plays on his lips. "I just want a princess to match my queen,"

"That was probably the cheesiest thing you've ever said to me," I laugh loudly.

"But you loved it," his whispers in my ear.

"I did," I giggle before turning my meet his lips. I couldn't ask for a better life. I'm so happy with everything that is happening right now. From Lukey growing up way to fast, or this other baby that is on its way, or the fact the I fall in love with Shane all over again each day and I couldn't change anything even if I wanted to.

__________

Seven Years Later

"Boys, please! I just cleaned up the living room! Don't chase Liam around the couch and make his fur go everywhere again!" I tell my two boys.

"Sorry mommy," my littlest boy Sable walks up and smiles at me.

"Its okay, please go upstairs and make sure your room is all clean for Grandpa John, and Grandpa Jared and Grandma," he nods before running up the stairs last mine and Shane's towards his own. "Same with you Lukey,"

"Okay mom," its hard to believe that Luke is now seven years old. He jogs up the stairs. Sitting down on the couch in the living room for the first time today, I close my eyes. Smelling the turkey that is almost done in the oven. Shane comes from downstairs, he said he was 'cleaning' but I have some doubts.

"Are you going to shave?" I ask him as he sits down next to me.

"Do you want me to shave?" He asks back. Looking towards him he looks good with somewhat of a beard.

"You look sexy," I answer back which causes him to laugh loudly, followed by me giggling. Though seconds later crying is heard from the playroom down the hall away from the kitchen. Resting my head back on the pillow on the couch. "I have to feed her before everyone gets here,"

"Okay well, I'm going to get dressed and ready, are you ready?" He asks me as I get up.

"Yeah, is this good?" I ask him as turn towards him, I'm just wearing black leggings with a purple chiffon top.

"Its perfect Sweet Cheeks," walking away, I realize Shane is following behind. Before he heads up the stairs to our bathroom he pinches my bum, making me squeal a little before giggling.

Walking into the playroom, I'm met with Josie's loud cries. Picking up my baby girl from her playpen that I put her down in while I was cooking in the kitchen. Holding her in my arms calms her down a bit. I make my way upstairs towards Josie's bedroom, I see that Lukey is making his bed while in the next room over Sable is laying on the floor playing on his iPad. Which normally would be a problem, but considering his room is actually clean, I'll let it happen.

Closing the door to Josie's pink room I sit down in the rocking chair and begin to feed her. Closing my eyes as I rock back and forth, I didn't hear the door open and close until Shane sits on the little cube that could be used as a chair, or a little table or anything really.

"Do you want me to take out the turkey? It's beeping," he brushes my hair out of my face before he softly touches Josie's little foot.

"Um did you shut the oven off?"

"Yeah, is that okay? I can go turn it back on? I just wasn't sure," he begins to get up to change what he just finished doing.

"No, no that good, just leave it in there until we eat," I giggle at his ways.

"Oh okay," he sits back down on the cube and looks at me. "We need a vacation," I giggle at the thought of being able to leave all three of my kids with his parents.

"We do, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon," I sigh leaning my head back into the soft material of the rocking chair.

"What about in the summer?" Shane drags his finger on my thigh.

"That's so far away to think about," I giggle at myself. I don't like to think that far ahead.

"But really, by then she'll be almost one, the boys love staying at my mom's, it'll be something to look forward to," his hands now resting on my knees.

"Okay we'll have to pick a place and I can book it," I fix Josie up right, fixing my shirt, I begin to burp her.

Once she's done, I hand her to Shane, so I can go finish the food for Thanksgiving dinner.

The doorbell rings the boys race down the stairs to see who can get there first.

"Grandpa!" I hear Luke greet my father. I'm glad he moved back here, it's great that he's closer he gets to see the kids a lot more. Then Shane's parents come with Chelsea who just turned eighteen, and Marcus who just turned fifteen. They all chat by the door a little more until they make their way into the kitchen and living room area.

Before we know it everyone is here sitting around our dining room table, telling stories, informing what's going on in our lives. I'm so thankful for what I have today, and for every experience that I went through as a teenager, and as a young adult growing up and going through university. It's all great to have in life. Even all the bad times I went through that made life seem not worthwhile, it really was because the outcome of it all was the best. Having Shane, Luke, Sable, and Josie in my life today I couldn't have pictured it as I graduated high school, but now I can't see it any other way.

_________

THE END!!!!!!!

Wooow its over!!!

Comment what you think! Vote if you feel.

I'm very tired and probably should be asleep. I have so many exams coming up but that's okay. I hope AHAHHA. Y'ALL WANTED THE EPILOGUE WELL HERE IT IS. hope you like.

FOR THE NEXT BOOKS. I'll be posting something about them soon! So watch for the update on THIS BOOK. And vote for which one you want me to write next!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND LOVE! LOVE YOU ALL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Logan By Marie

Teen Fiction

10.9K 269 31
*TW* Contains topics and scenes of sexual assault, self-harm, abuse.* "You know you loved every second of it," I can feel the tears welling up as wel...
35.9K 923 38
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
2.2K 244 26
"Grandmother, what big ears you have." Chuckling at my own joke, I looked down at the wolf when I felt his tail tapping on my wrist and was met wi...
366K 2.9K 35
{{Believe in the unimaginable when it comes to love.}} Jane was just an ordinary girl when one day everything came crushing down her life. She lost h...