lucky star // jamie drysdale

By lov3languag3

They say opposites attract....but if he's also your brother's best friend and teammate? jamie drysdale fan fi... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

36

3.6K 81 8
By lov3languag3

KENDALL

I'm on the train home, and I still haven't heard from Trevor. I did text him a few more times before I got on the train and he said he'd call soon but hasn't yet.

Honestly, I'm tempted to get on a plane and just fly to California. I need to know if Jamie's okay.

My phone buzzes in my hand. I look down at it and it's a text from Mallory asking if I've heard anything yet. I quickly type back: nope.

I turn up the volume on my phone as What Happens Now? by Olivia O'Brien plays in my headphones as I stare out the window. It's ten pm at night, the only lights on are the ones far in the distance as the bright New York City skyline gets further and further away. 

The song ends and Decode by Sabrina Carpenter starts playing.

If Trevor doesn't call me soon I'm gonna start blowing up his phone again. Not knowing if Jamie is okay is actually driving me crazy. I was trying to read more of my book, but I can't focus on anything until I know he's okay.

This is just another reason why long distance sucks. I should be with him right now not on the other side of the freaking country!

I close my eyes taking a deep breath and my music stops playing. My eyes shoot open and instantly look down at my phone. Trevor's name sits on my phone screen.

"Hello?" I hold my phone to my ear.

"Hi."

I instantly smile when I hear Jamie's voice instead of my brothers.

"Hi," hearing his voice helps me relax a bit but I can hear how disheveled he still is, "How are you?"

"I'll be fine," he sighs, "I'm gonna need surgery though."

"Are you done for the season?" I ask biting the inside of my cheek.

"Yeah," I can hear the annoyance and disappointment in his voice.

"I'm sorry," I don't know what to say but I feel terrible. He can't do the thing he loves most.

"Don't be sorry," he scoffs, "You didn't do anything."

"I still feel bad. You love playing and now you can't, that fucking sucks! Plus I like watching you play and now I can't and that really sucks!"

He laughs, "But it means I won't be traveling as much."

"When do you have to have surgery?" I ask with an idea.

"In a few weeks probably and Trevor's gonna be gone for a roadie," he hums, probably with the same thought I have.

I smile to myself, "Give me the actual dates and I'll see what I can do."

He pauses for a second then sighs and says, "I miss you."

My eyes sting with tears, "I miss you."

"Okay don't start flirting with me right here," Trevor's voice comes from beyond the phone.

I laugh, "Did he give you a hard time?"

"Not yet but we'll see," Jamie says.

"He's not as scary as he seems."

"He doesn't scare me."

"I should, because if you do anything to ever make her sad you're living on the street, Jimmy!" Trevor says. He's trying to be serious but kind of sounds like he's making a joke.

Jamie muffles a laugh.

"He's lying, he'd be too lonely," I smile looking out the window.

"You're right," Jamie agrees.

"What?" Trevor asks.

"Nothing," Jamie answers him.

"What did she say?" Trevor asks but then quickly says, "Okay wait, if you guys are gonna start talking about me behind my back I don't approve of this."

I burst out laughing, "Put the phone on speaker."

"Okay," Jamie says.

"Trevor," I start, "Do you really want to hear every detail about our relationship? Would you like to know what really happened in Minnesota? Like when we were laying on the couch the last night and then we-"

"No! Kendall! Stop! Shut up!" Trevor shouts making Jamie and I both start laughing at his dramatics.

Of course I'm not actually going to tell my brother those intimate details but he's fun to mess with.

"Point proven," I smile to myself.

-

KENDALL
TWO DAYS LATER

I'm sitting in the dining room, watching the snow slowly fall outside through the large window in front of our long oak wood dining table.

It's about 8:30 in the morning on a Saturday so Mom and Dad are still in bed. But I've been up for an hour, I've got cinnamon rolls in the oven and I'm about start make some eggs and bacon.

Yesterday Jamie and I figured out everything for me to come stay with him for a couple weeks. I'll be able to be there to take him to surgery and to help his initial recovery.

So I'm telling my parents today. About Jamie and I dating, and about going to California. Hence why I'm buttering them up with a big yummy breakfast.

It's not that I think they won't like Jamie, I know they already do but it's still scary telling your parents about a new partner. Especially when I've only ever had to do it once before.

"Oh there you are," Mom's voice makes me look away from the window and over at her.

"Hi, good morning," I smile at her.

"What do you have cooking? It smells amazing," she says looking into the oven but not opening it.

"Cinnamon rolls! Icing is on the counter. I'm gonna make some eggs and bacon too if you guys want," I make my way over to join her in the kitchen.

She raises a brow at me, "Kendall, what did you do?"

"Nothing!" I protest with a laugh as I set my cup of coffee on the counter and move over to the fridge, "Can't I just make my amazing parents breakfast?"

"Kendall," she warns like she still doesn't believe me.

I sigh and look up at her, "I'll tell you once Dad gets down here."

I can hear the water running from upstairs meaning he's in the shower.

"Good or bad?" She asks.

"I think good," I smile before I turn back to the fridge.

I finish cooking breakfast. Mom sets the table and Dad joins us right as we set down the plates full of food.

"Well you two have been busy," He smiles at the food as he sits down.

"It was all Kendall," Mom says, taking her seat.

Dad instantly looks up at me, "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything!" I groan sitting down across from him.

"I asked the same thing," Mom whispers to him, sitting on his left.

They both look at me waiting for me to explain.

"Uhm so," I look at Dad then at Mom, then drop my eyes to my food, "I'm kinda of dating someone."

"Do we know this someone?" Mom asks.

I nod, lifting some eggs into my mouth with my fork. I take my time chewing and swallowing while they both wait for more information.

"He lives out in California. He's really sweet, kinda quiet," I start smiling thinking about Jamie, "And uhm I'm going to go stay with him for couple weeks because he's going to have surgery on his shoulder because of a recent injury," I pause lifting my head to look at Dad.

I can see him putting the pieces together.

"Drysdale?" Dad questions. I knew he'd guess it from my clues, he tracks everything that happens on that Ducks team as if he's their head coach.

I slowly nod.

"Oh Jamie's such a sweet boy! I'm happy for you honey," Mom smiles.

"Wait," Dad pauses mid bacon bite, "You're going back out to California?"

"Yeah, the teams gonna be away on a four game road trip so Trev won't be home to take him to and from surgery. And I just wanna be there for him if he needs anything," I shrug.

"That's very sweet, Kenny," Mom smiles at me.

Well that was easier then I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 322 52
Following a breakup with her ex-fiancรฉ, Morgan Carter relocates to New York to live with her brother, Cedric, a professional NHL player for The NY Ra...
26.7K 616 21
BOOK TWO TO LUCKY STAR Kendall's moved to LA, living with new people, starting school soon and working to save money. Jamie's still healing and prepp...
147K 1.3K 35
a story in which an actress and a hockey player meet, he's got a massive crush on her already and she think he's a cute golden retriever read to find...
93.7K 1.4K 46
โ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด?โž the story in which the girlfriend of jack hughes starts having...