and we fell

By amyhopeey

SOFIA My life was always supposed to be described in one word. Perfect. I am the perfect princess from the pe... More

note
playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
thank you

Chapter 27

6.2K 216 24
By amyhopeey

SOFIA

I just love Cordelian Christmases. They are for sure one of my favorite traditions in our country. The celebration starts with a big family dinner on Christmas Eve. During this dinner, we have to say the reasons we're grateful for. Every person at the table takes a turn. This is one of the only occasions my whole family comes together. Mother, Father, Gillian, Karl and I. All in one room, at the same time. My parents can't kill themselves or argue because it's Christmas and we're basically forced to be nice to each other. I love it.

I am sitting at the named table right now. With the many dishes cooked by our chef, it's almost time to start the Grateful Round. Father, who's in his fancy king outfit, goes first.

"First of all, I am grateful for this family. I am grateful for the kingdom we have and for our people. I am grateful to have found this amazing woman. I am grateful for my two kids." He begins. He then looks at me happy: "And I am grateful to finally have my girl back home."

I throw him a thankful look and whisper: "I love you, Father." He smiles in return.

Gillian is the next one, who as usual gives one of those big speeches about how grateful she is for finding Father: "I am grateful for finding the love of my life, Michael. I am also grateful for being able to sit here at this table tonight, with all of you. I am grateful for finding a man who loves me as much as Michael does and is always there for me. I love you, honey."

I hide the urge to bang my head against the closest wall and share a look with Karl, who based on his face expression right now felt the same.

After Father and Gillian kissed a bit, it is Mother's turn: "I am grateful for my people and our kingdom. But most of all, I am grateful for my two kids, that I love more than anything in this whole world. Karl, Sofia, you are my treasures and I can't put in words what you mean to me."

Karl and I stand up and go hug Mother. We then do something we usually did as kids, in which we both kiss her at the same time, each on one cheek. Mother blushes and kisses us back on our foreheads, just like in old times.

After we sit down again, it's Karl who has to go next: "I am grateful for this family. I am grateful to be able to call you my Mother and you my Father. I am grateful to have you, Fia, as my sister." Realizing he's leaving Gillian out, he adds: "And I am grateful to know you, Gillian." I have to hide a chuckle, seeing how forced Karl looked saying that. After he recovers, his face expression goes back to an honest one and he goes on: "I am also grateful for this kingdom and the chance I got to be a part of this community."

We all clap our hands when he finished, since his speech was so heart-warming, it almost made me tear up. He nods thankfully and turns to me: "Fia, it's your turn."

I nod and begin: "I am grateful for these people. I am grateful for every one of you. I am grateful to call you my family. I am grateful to be able to spend time with you and I am very grateful that I get to love you. I am also grateful for Cordelia. I love this country and the people living in it. I am grateful I get to represent them every day." I take a break before I continue: "I am grateful for my friends at Wrencore. I don't think I could have ever made it without those girls." The next part I don't even say it out loud, yet I think it: And I am grateful for the love of my life, Alec. The guy who makes me the happiest.

Everyone claps me as well and Karl comes give me a hug. He then bends to my ear and whispers: "You did good, Fia."

I kiss his cheek and replies: "So did you, brother."

As he sits down again, Father smiles at us and says: "What more can a man possible want, than a beautiful Christmas with the most amazing people." We chuckle and he continues: "But what are we waiting for? Let's start eating."

We laugh softly and begin putting food on our plates. Everyone smiles. For a few seconds, it feels like we could be a normal family. For a few seconds, we're not broken.

I love Christmas.

~

It's almost midnight and I'm tiptoeing my way to the kitchen in my night gown. As I arrive there, I already find my brother, putting some cookies on a plate and pouring some milk in two cups. As he looks up and sees me, he smiles:

"You remembered..." Karl whispers. I nod and come closer. He hands me one of the cups.

"Always", I reply. This is our tradition. Every year on Christmas Eve, we wait for Santa in the kitchen, eating cookies and drinking milk. We've done this ever since I was five and it's become one of the things I most love about this holiday.

Silence rules between us for a few minutes, before he asks: "Are you excited about the ball tomorrow?"

He means the Annual Christmas Ball my family hosts. Every important person from Cordelia is invited and we celebrate Christmas together.

"A bit. I am also a bit nervous though." I answer honest. He comes and hugs me:

"You'll do great, Fia."

"Thanks." I whisper back at him.

After another round of silence, he speaks again: "I've been meaning to ask: did something happen? You seem much happier than the last time you came back."

I force myself to stop a blush, thinking about Alec. Something did happen. I fell in love with the most amazing guy on this planet, who loves me so much as if I were his world. However, I tell none of that to Karl, only answer with: "Nothing happened. Must be the holiday cheer."

Karl sees right through me and replies: "Well, when you're ready, I'll like to meet the lovely gentleman who made your heart smile."

I roll my eyes at him amused and gave up hiding: "When we're ready, I'll introduce you to him."

Smirking with victory that I admitted, Karl continues his interrogation: "But I am going to need some details until then. Is he your Prince Charming?"

I think about it. Is Alec a Prince Charming? No. Hell no. He doesn't speak formal, he sometimes swears, he always wears his suits without the shirts, he once messed up and he has that touch-her-you-die vibe.

"He's not my Prince Charming." I answer. Karl raises an eyebrow confused. I continue: "But he's everything I could ever want."

My brother smiles, seeing I actually like the guy: "I'm happy for you, Fia."

"Thank you", I whisper, then remember he's also single, in his twenties, a freaking prince and he looks hot: "But what about you? Have you found someone?"

He blushes and I understand he did, but he denies it: "Not really, no. You know, same boring life."

"Yeah, right", I reply chuckling. "You're blushing."

"Am not." he protests.

I laugh and take out my phone to quickly take a picture of him. I then zoom on his cheeks and show him the screen: "See? Blushing."

"You're impossible." he adds laughing. I smirk proud.

"So, who is she?" I repeat. He goes all nervous.

"I can't tell. But I'll introduce you to her once. I promise."

I nod, since I also haven't exactly told him everything.

In the silence, we can hear the bells ringing in the distance, pointing the fact it's a new day. Karl comes closer and gives me a big hug.

"Merry Christmas, Fia." he whispers.

I kiss his cheek and reply: "Merry Christmas, brother."

We spend the rest of the night in the kitchen, telling each other childhood memories from Christmas time.

~

"Are you sure you have to leave, darling?" My Mother asks, holding me tight in a hug.

The New Year's Eve reception just ended and I'm still in my silvery gala dress.

I nod and pull her closer.

"I do. I am very sorry, Mother." I whisper.

She kisses my forehead and I kiss her cheek in return. As she lets go, she's still trying to convince me not to go, yet Karl steps in: "We want to let Fia spend time with her friends, right?"

I nod and he comes give me a hug. When he's close to my ear and I'm the only one who can hear, he whispers: "Send him greetings from me."

I chuckle and nod. My brother's the only one who knows I'm not leaving now to spend time with my friends as I told everyone. He doesn't know who my boyfriend is or where I'm going, but he understood I'll be spending time with him.

After I hug Father as well and say goodbye to Gillian, I walk outside, followed by Darrel who's showing the staff where to put my bags. As I'm inside the car and he's on the passenger seat, my bodyguard turns to me and asks worried: "Are you sure about this, Your Royal Highness?"

I nod and instinctively blush, thinking about where I'm going: "I am. Very sure."

Darrel nods and tells the driver to take us to the airport.

~

It's almost midnight as I arrive in front of the cabin. I can see the lights are on inside. I told Alec I'll be coming tomorrow, yet I really wanted to arrive early and surprise him.

I look on my phone to see when it's exactly midnight. As soon as the digits turn 00:00 and it's officially a New Year, I call my boyfriend, who picks up at the first ring.

"Happy New Year, Foxy!" he begins. I chuckle and answer with:

"Happy birthday, Alec."

He tenses yet thanks me. That's the part when the surprise comes.

"Go outside." I tell him. He asks what I meant with that, yet I only repeat. After some time, he opens the door and I can see how his eyes light up the moment he sees me. He's in his pyjamas, the plain grey T-Shirt and checkered black and white pants. His hair is a bit messy, like coming out from bed.

As he sees me though, he rushes to hug me although he's barefoot and the street is not just frozen cold but also with ice on it. He doesn't care and stops just as soon as he's next to me and holding me in his arms. I wrap my feet around his waist and he holds me protective.

"You're crazy." I tell him chuckling. "You're barefoot."

He laughs and his eyes don't wonder off me: "I am the crazy one? Look at you. You're still in a sleeveless dress."

I chuckle since he's right. I didn't get the chance to change from the gala dress I wore at the reception. I've just hurried to have him close to me.

He gently places me on his back and carries me inside.

As soon as we're somewhere warm, he takes me back in his arms and whispers: "You've just made this into the most amazing birthday I have ever had."

I smile and kiss his lips. I missed him. He pulls me closer and kisses me more. From the desire in his eyes, he has missed me too.

"Okay, forget what I said." he adds. "Now it's the best birthday ever."

I laugh and continue kissing his lips. I don't want to let go. I'm feeling so happy right now to be with him, to be able to have him close. And as I think that this is just the first day of our holiday, I can't hold back a smile. Alec notices and asks me:

"What's on your mind, Foxy?"

"I just love you, you asshole." I reply. He chuckles and pulls me closer. After he kisses my neck to make it clear, he whispers:

"Me too, Foxy. I love you too."

As he kisses my lips again and draws a heart on my elbow with his fingers, I can't help but feel butterflies. If this is what being in love means, please don't ever wake me up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 6.7K 23
She was so naïve to fall for him the billionaire son of Malik Empire just so he can completely ruin and destroy her to the point of no return. People...
46.6K 2K 44
OLIVIA Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. Now I am barely trying to pick up the pieces and move on. But it is so hard. That's when he...
20.9K 1.5K 39
I knew this was going to happen , she was all innocent and i shouldn't have done this with her , but at that time my image was more important for me...
14.7K 445 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...