Second Choice

By Sweetfozi

It has always been that way, She always came second Second to her parents, Second to her best friend, Second... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Oops
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 14

1.6K 66 20
By Sweetfozi

Eliana's POV

Alexander and I just sat there in silence as I stared out of the window while he just sat silently.

I heard him clear his throat before speaking, probably trying to strike up a conversation to put an end to the silence, "So, anything you're particularly looking forward to see from the stories you read?" he asked.

"Umm," I pondered for a moment, "Well, I just want to see all the sights. I've looked up the country on the internet and everything looks beautiful. All the artifacts and sights and beaches. Oh, and the gardens so colourful, everything just looks so beautiful!" I rambled and the prince just listened smiling at me.

"Well, then, I guess today will be a busy day for us, huh?" he asked grinning.

I smiled back and looked back out of the window trying to calm myself.

His smiles just give me this giddy feeling and I'm not sure yet if I like that.

Heck, I should hate it.

I wish it would stop.

Soon the car came to a stop and the driver went to Alexander's side and opened the door.

Alexander got out then extended his hand to help me out.

I took it and he pulled me out and I started taking in my surroundings.

We were by the seaside and there were many food stalls everywhere. Not to mention the view was absolutely fantastic. The place was full of flowers planted everywhere. Bright colours invaded my senses as my eyes took me in all of my surroundings and I took a deep breath of fresh air, smelling all the delicious food.

I just wanted to live there.

Food and a good view who wouldn't?

"This place has been here for ages. The food stalls don't change the children of the owners just take their place when they're old enough. Everyone knows each other almost like extended family members. Might even be the most visited place by both tourists and the residents," Alexander explained as he led me over to a stall.

"Best thing about this place is the food. I'm going to make you taste everything!" Alexander said grinning.

"Alright, lead the way, your highness," I said.

He turned and spoke to the stall owner ordering the first food I'd be tasting today.

The stall owner-a man who looks about 21- seemed to know who Alexander is but they were both very comfortable with talking with each other.

They were even chuckling with each other like friends.

It's nice to know he's made friends with his people.

I found myself just standing there smiling watching them.

I watched the guy as he made the dessert. It was like a mini pancake that he wrapped in a cone shape and stuffed in chocolate. He made a few more and then placed them in a plate and handed them to Alexander.

He paid the man then turned to me with the plate extending the plate for me to take one, "Try it."

I took one and ate it all in one bite since it was tiny and my taste buds were flooded by the delicious taste of the chocolate.

"Mmm," I moaned at the taste taking another one and eating, "The chocolate tastes great!"

"Yeah, our country is pretty well known for it's chocolate," Alexander said smiling proudly.

You could really see in his eyes the pride he had in his country and people.

"No wonder with chocolate as good as this," I complimented smiling.

We continued going around and tasting food from different stalls until we were full. We ate all kinds of traditional food that were absolutely delicious!

Then we proceeded to take a walk by the seaside as Alexander spoke telling me about the history of the country. All I could do is listen smiling as I could hear the pride in his voice. Pride for his country.

"I think you're going to be a great king," I said before I could stop myself cutting him off.

His face broke in a grin as he asked, "What made you think that?"

"The way you talk about your country. Your voice is full of pride, I can tell that you love it. If you love it this much then you'd definitely do everything lead it well," I explained before looking away as I felt my fave heat up from his gaze.

He was practically beaming as he looked at me.

"Thank you, Eliana," he said.

The way he said my name made my face heat up even more if that's possible. He just said it so softly and gently I couldn't help but smile a bit as I replied, "You're welcome."

After a while, we returned back to the car to return to our next destination. After a half hour drive, we reached and both got out.

I looked around finding myself in a wide field of grass with different shaped rocks around me. I'm guessing they're the ruins from old castles since I've also read about those.

"Here are the ruins and remains of the old castle. Back in the days when war was still going on the castle had to be abandoned and a new location found to recruit and think up plans and this is what's left of it," Alexander explained.

I nodded in understanding and started walking towards them, careful not to trip or get hurt and looked around more taking in everything.

Alexander continued explaining to me more about the place and after a long time of looking around and hearing the stories the sun began to set and it was time to return.

I moved trying to get above the rocks when my foot suddenly twisted and I tripped over the rock.

Alexander rushed to my side and asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. My leg just gave out under me," I said taking his extended hand and getting up only for pain to shoot up my foot as I stepped on it.

"You sure you're okay? Alexander asked again.

"Yeah," I said not wanting to worry him.

I tried walking and ended up limping from the pain.

Suddenly, the ground disappeared from under my feet as Alexander lifted me up and my eyes widened.

"Umm, please put me down. I'm fine, really!" I said flustered.

"Don't be stubborn, you're hurt," Alexander said as he walked towards the car placing me in first then getting in behind me.

Soon, we reached the palace grounds and the gate opened allowing the car in. It drove until the front door and the driver quickly got out and jogged to Alexander's door and opened it.

Alexander just moved so his back is to me and his legs are out of the car and on the ground.

"Hop on," he said.

"Alexander, really I'm fine I just twisted it a bit that's all there is. You don't need to do this really," I protested.

"I want to and if you don't get on I can find a different way to carry you," he replied.

"Really, Alexander, there's no need," I protested again.

Alexander let out a sigh and got out of the car and I let out a sigh of relief sliding towards the door when suddenly Alexander ducked and picked me up one arm under my legs and the other on my back.

"Alexander!" I squealed hitting him lightly on the shoulder, "Let me down," I pondered a bit and added, "please?"

"You're very stubborn, Eliana," he said shaking his head though his lips were turning up with a smile as he looked at me and I blushed turning away.

He then proceeded to carry me up the steps and into the castle then up the staircase when we bumped into the king.

"Anything happen on your trip?" He asked looking at our position.

"Eliana tripped," Alexander explained before adding, "No pun intended."

That made me giggle a bit before quickly shutting up.

This isn't a time to be laughing.

My head was down when I heard the king chuckle before patting his son's arm and speaking, "Take her to her room, I'll send the doctor to check up on her."

"Yes, father," Alexander replied before turning and continuing to head to my room.

We soon reached and I bent to open the door to make it easier for him since he's already carrying me.

He gently placed me on bed and bent down to take off my shoes even though I started to protest my cheeks heating up.

It's like the only thing I did the whole day is blush.

"Stop being stubborn your foot should be free to feel better," he said.

"Yeah, I know but I could do it myself you can't do that you're a prince," I argued.

"And you're a princess," he said gently looking up to me.

"B-But," I stuttered and he cut me off,

"No buts, so what if I'm a prince? You're also a princess you know. And even if you weren't what kind of prince am I if I don't help a damsel in distress?" He joked grinning.

Before either of us could speak again, a man in a white coat came in holding a brief case.

"Good evening, your highnesses," he greeted, "What may be the problem here?"

"Good evening doctor, you see Princess Eliana twisted her ankle while she was walking and tripped," Alexander explained on my behalf.

The doctor nodded and came over bending down to my feet to inspect them.

"This foot?" He asked taking hold of it and I nodded.

He moved it around a bit and at one point I whimpered from the pain. The doctor kept moving it in a different ways before standing up and speaking, "Fortunately, it's nothing major just a minor sprain. I'll just wrap her foot up and in a few days it'll be good as new."

"Can she walk or will she need to stay in bed?" Alexander asked.

"Well she can a bit with some help as to not put too much pressure on it but it's best to let her rest her foot so it heals faster," the doctor said as he opened his brief case and took out what he needed before wrapping up my foot.

"Well, that'll be it," He said getting up as he finished.

"Thank you, doctor," Alexander said.

"A pleasure to help, your highness," He said grabbing his brief case and giving a bow before heading out.

"See, it was good I carried you," Alexander said teasingly.

"Thank you," I said in a tiny voice playing with my hands.

He gently patted me head, "You're welcome. I'll go see to it that they bring your food here so you don't have to get up from bed and I'll speak to my parents to let them know," he said getting up and heading to the door.

"Okay," I replied as he left the room closing the door behind him.

That's when I started fanning my face to calm sown the heat.

'Stop blushing already!' I scolded myself.

I wanted to scold my heart for the way it was beating the whole day, my head for all the jumbled up thoughts running through it and my face for continuously heating up but all I could do was sit there and smile.

Ugh, stupid prince.

No!

Stop Eliana.

Enough is enough!

You need to learn control, this isn't good for you!

You'll get hurt all over again because he'll end up picking Melissa.

Yes, control is what I needed.

And that's what I plan on doing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

Hey lovely kittens!!! How are ya'll?

I know I know I took forever but I honestly get really busy. First I got sick and then I got busy with helping my mom out cuz some of you may know the cleaning sprees before Ramadan that need to be done for the whole house. And then in Ramadan gotta help with making sambosa and yanno holy month and I'm fasting so I can't type much before Maghrib and then taraweeh but I'll try my best to update more! On that note, Ramadan Mubarak to all my fellow Muslim sisters!

Also other news: I turned 16 before yesterday! I genuinely feel older it's such an odd feeling being 16 xD

Also I'm not sure if you guys know this or are even fans of the book but if ya know me I talk about it A LOT! My fave trilogy The Shatter Me trilogy is going to become a TV series!!!! Can you hear me screaming from the screen? You have no idea how I was when I heard the news for 5 hours I couldn't stop fangirling and I was making all sorts of weird sounds like you have no idea how happy I am right now!!!!!!!

Now QOTC!!!
Who are some of your fictional boyfriends? Just list a random number I wanna know what guys ya'll are in love with so we can fangirl together ;) xP.
I have many but I'll just say my top two that come to mind right now: Aaron Warner (Shatter Me trilogy)& Adrian Ivashkov (Bloodlines series). Actually I'll even add Kenji from Shatter Me trilogy he's not a love interest but I'd marry him he's so funny and he just popped in my mind.
Lemme know yours in the comments!

Also, (damn this A/N is long) I've recently finally started using tumblr and I gotta say I'm addicted!! If any of you guys wanna fangirl together with me there it's sweetfozi.tumblr.com!
And I also have one for book reviews it's sweetbookreviews.tumblr.com! Can't wait to fangirl/chat with u guys!
Even here on wattpad if any of you wanna chat inbox me any time :).

Well, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!

Please vote, comment and share!!

WUV YOU GUYS!!! ~ Fawzia <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 41 25
Sometimes you take advantage that you have your friends with you around all the time. And when it's time to split apart you're never really ready. Th...
912 30 4
You have two choices. Be selfless, or selfish. Break his heart, or your own. Save his career, or your desire. Take your pick.
48K 799 27
Falling in love with my best friends dad isn't something that was meant to happen. Will it last? Is he the person i think he is? *first time writing...
1.7K 31 33
Alex's life, was always filled with pain, and disappointment. She never thought it would be better.Then she found out that it never does, especially...