Twisted Destiny

Galing kay Coco_da_cat

[UNDER EDITING] Born into the throne. Born into a life she never wanted, yet one she was destined for. But, p... Higit pa

Book Aesthetics
Prologue - Memories
Part 1 - The Ball
Part 2 - The Wizard
Part 3 - Odorata
Part 4 - Hell
Part 5 - Monarchy
Part 7 - Tales
Part 8 - The Journey
Part 9 - Fairaes
Part 10 - Rehabilitation
Part 11 - The Sea
Part 12 - Secrets and Serenity
Part 13 - Kidnapped
Part 14 - The Facility
Part 15 - Power
Part 16 - The Dragon
Part 17 - The Ritual
Part 18 - Today's Sorrow
Part 19 - Preparation
Part 20 - Beacons Through the Shadows
Part 21 - Sentiment
Part 22 - The First Battle
Part 23 - The Dawn After
Part 24 - Confrontation
Part 25 - The Maker
Part 26 - The Great Battle
Epilogue - Tomorrow's Victory

Part 6 - The Potion

74 18 82
Galing kay Coco_da_cat

Lantana traversed the now unfamiliar halls. She didn't know why, but she felt that Violet needed to be on this mission, she needed to come with them. So, she was off to see her friend Eardwulf, the wizard. She was still unfamiliar with the Southern parts of the castle, and even though it took her slightly less time to find the wizard this time around, she still got lost and needed to ask for help. Eventually, she reached the Southeastern Tower and climbed the spiral staircase up into the wizards' tower room. When Lantana knocked and entered, she saw him rummaging through shelves most probably looking for ingredients. The wizard turned to look at his visitor and his face softened at the sight of Lantana.

"Ah hello princess! What can I do to assist you today?"

"I need another potion. I know, I feel that every time I come to you, it's to ask for your services," she paused for a second, and the wizard made a motion telling her to continue "I think you are aware of the condition my friend is in. I need her assistance, but she still isn't well enough to come and help me. I need a healing potion. And a strong one at that,"

The wizard pursed his lips and Lantana didn't like the expression on his face.

"Well... I can make the potion... but the thing is... I need Cherub berries, and those come from the Northern regions and the mountains. I do not have any currently, and it would take weeks, if not months to get my hands on some more,"

He genuinely looked sorry and Lantana felt bad, but she needed Violet, and she didn't know how much longer this journey could wait.

"Are you sure there's no other way you can get it! This is really urgent!" She cried out frantically.

"Well... I know a dealer... but he doesn't give in quickly, and he charges high,"

"Please! I'll give you everything you need! I need this potion though!"

Eardwulf nodded.

"I'll send a letter immediately. I heard that he is in Virago, so come back in three days time to hear whether I can obtain some of the berries,"

Lantana sighed, but she knew it was the fastest way to heal Violet. She nodded once to Eardwulf and exited. On the way back to her room, she popped into the apothecary to visit Violet. She was fast asleep though, so Lantana solemnly walked back to her room. The next few days seemed to drag on forever. There was still no update about her fathers' position and she was worried sick. And she still had all the Royal duties to tend to. Finally, finally, when the evening of the third day came, she rushed back to visit Eardwulf. She frantically knocked on the trapdoor and heard a muffled "Come in!"

She rushed into the wizards' room and saw him facing her.

"Princess. So I carry both good news and bad news,"

"The good news?" She asked

"I am able to get my hands on some Cherub berries,"

"That's wonderful!" Exclaimed Lantana. "But..." she furrowed her brows. "What's the bad news?"

The wizard but his lip and the next sentence he said was barely audible to Lantana.

"They dealer asks for a price of six-hundred gold coins as they are not in season currently and are very hard to obtain otherwise,"

"Six-hundred though! Do you not think that is a bit overpriced!"

"Yes, yes I do. But there is nothing we can do. The dealer shall always ask for extreme prices, and I'm afraid the only thing we can do it pay up,"

Lantana sighed but agreed nonetheless.

"I can go and get the coins from the treasure room right now. When is the soonest you can get these berries?"

"In about a week princess. I can start brewing the potion now and your friend shall be healed completely very soon,"

Lantana nodded and thanked the wizard for his services. When she exited his tower, she first went to her room for a bag and then left to the treasury. When she approached the room, there were two soldiers on guard. With a nod to her, they let her pass and enter the room. When Lantana walked inside, she was met with the sight of treasures from near and far. Mountains of gold lined the walls. Chests full of jewelry and gemstones filled the room. There were other extravagant objects such as goblets, rugs, and finely crafted accessories. Lantana went over to a random pile of gold and began the slow and tedious work of counting the coins. She didn't want to be even a single coin as it was already an outrageous price. But she couldn't be one under the limit the dealer had asked for she was certain he would not give up the berries. It had felt like an hour once Lantana had finished sifting through the goods and counting for the first time. She needed to double check her work though, and began to slowly recount the coins as she put them in the bag. She had the correct amount, and left the treasury to go back to the wizards' tower. She knocked for the second time that day and was allowed entrance. As she crawled through the trapdoor and into his room, she saw that he was bent over a cauldron stirring it very carefully.

"I've brought the gold," she exclaimed.

"Good. Now you can set it on the table next to me. I'll have this delivered to your room when I'm done," the wizard said without looking up from his work.

Lantana abided by his words and set the gold down. Then she left. There was one other thing she needed to do before departing for their journey. And, Lantana was not looking forward to it.

-------- ≪ 。❅*⋆⍋⋆*❅。 ≫ --------

She was extremely nervous before knocking. She knew how the general felt about her. But she needed him for this mission, just as much as she needed Violet. She finally gathered up her courage and raised her fist and rapped quickly on the door, twice. The general took a second before he opened the door. He already looked agitated and his frown deepened  when he saw Lantana.

"What do you want?" He snapped.

"Can I talk to you?" She politely asked

"Oh of course your majesty," he replied with emphasis in the last word. "Make it quick," he added.

Lantana's nerves returned but she knew she might as well continue just to get this over with.

"I need you to come on a mission with me. We need to find Fhilydin, the god slayer,"

Lantana saw an expression take over Gabriel's face, but as fast as it came, it was gone.

"Give me a minute," She thought he said, but he proceeded to slam the door in her face.

Lantana didn't know how long she waited outside his door for. She stared at dust slowly spiraling back down to the floor, and collecting unseen on the carpets that lined the halls. She looked outside the giant window in the hall that showed past the castle walls into the village that surrounded the castle. She couldn't make out anyone, but it looked like the villagers were going about with their normal business. She couldn't fathom the fact that the village, and whole kingdom could still be normal, it could be functioning correctly, with her as ruler. She felt that the only thing she did was mess up, and her father was the much better ruler. Finally, after about a half an hour, Gabriel finally opened up the door again.

"I've made up my mind," he said the second his eyes found Lantana. "I'll come with you, but that doesn't mean I need to interact with you at all. And, whenever I tell you to do something, you trust my word and do whatever I tell you. Do you understand that princess?"

Even though Lantana didn't like the fact that she was going to be bossed around, she agreed. She didn't expect Gabriel to agree to this quickly, or without much argument, so she would accept that with whatever deals he wanted to offer.

"And one more thing. My friend Violet, she's coming too. You aren't upset about that are you?" she asked

"That's fine," he said in a monochrome voice

Lantana gave him a quick nod and turned around to wall off. Once she had turned the corner into another hall, she let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding in. Now there was just the fact that she needed to get things set around the castle. She needed to put somebody in charge, gather food and weapons, and give the potion to Violet. She decided to get the most important done though and went off to look for her royal advisor as he would be the one in charge with Lantana gone. She hoped he would be in his room. That would help save Lamtana some time. The castle's inhabitants were split into sections depending on their rank. The royal family would live with the dukes, dutchesses, aristocrats, and of course the royal advisor in the Western Part of the castle. The people in the army that were allowed to live in the castle along with some of the handmaidens quarters were in the Eastern part of the castle. The rest of the royal servants and rooms for any visitors such as merchants or visiting powers were in the Southern parts. The Northern part of the castle was mostly made up of large ballrooms, dining rooms, and the throne room. Lantana would have to make her way back to her own room to get to the Royal Advisor's room. When she arrived, she politely knocked and waited for somebody to answer. When the old man himself opened the door, Lantana was relieved as she didn't have to go hunting for him.

"Your majesty!" He said with a quick courtesy. "What shall my services provide to you?"

"I am going to be going away for a bit with the general and one of my friends. As someone needs to be in charge, I am going to grant you the power of the kingdom to look after and leave away from all harm. Do you accept it?" Lantana asked. She had to put the usual rant about the power and safety of the kingdom when giving the power to someone else.

The advisor's eyes opened wide but he accepted the power with a "Yes your majesty! I am honored!"

Lantana gave him a sweet smile and continued on.

"I'll be gone for at least a month. I believe you know of any events or visitors we shall be receiving at that time. If I'm gone for any longer, do not worry but I should be back by the Winter Solstice, then it may be time to worry. I trust you Hulle,"

He nodded once to Lantana, and she took that as her sign to leave. Next, she had to visit the kitchens. She would need a lot of food for her journey but she had no doubt that Gabriel knew how to hunt. It was probably for the best though. Once she entered, everybody who saw her bowed and quickly everyone there followed suit.

"What may we do for you princess?" One of the cooks asked.

"I need a lot of food that cannot go bad quickly such as bread and water. I'll take as much as you can fit in three bags. Is that okay?" She decided saying the reason probably wouldn't be a good idea. Once all the cooks gave her their word that they would prepare what Lantana needed, she then set off for the armory. This was obviously in the Eastern part of the castle and she worked her way there from the kitchens. Once she arrived though, she was mildly surprised to see Gabriel already there. He looked up for a second when she entered but continued to shift through the daggers he was currently looking at. Lantana paid him no attention and decided on what she needed. A sword would probably be helpful, and a crossbow as a normal bow was huge and would be very hard to carry around. The first sword she picked up was a newly-looking iron blade with a thin handle. She picked it up and gave it a swing. It was very light and airy but she wasn't satisfied with the length. She put it aside but made a mental note to come back to it later. She kept looking around but all the swords were either too heavy, not long enough, too long, and so on. She was about to quit when one caught her eye. Gilded iron blade, what looked like a cedar hilt, and most surprisingly, it looked like it had a sapphire lodged into the hilt. The second she picked it up she knew it was perfect. It seemed hidden away as it was still in very good condition. It wasn't too long, or too short, and it wasn't too heavy either. It had a lightweight feel to it and she was able to swing very easily. She took that with her and looked for an appropriate crossbow. She just had to find something in her size and that was it. She got some arrows and left. Gabriel had left some time before her. She still needed to give Violet the potion, but for the most part, it was well.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6.8K 328 39
From 21 century, Catherine who is a big fan of K-pop world and a champ in combat sports dies at early 20s. Found her self in a totally different worl...
351 54 27
Lyric. There was nothing extraordinary about her, at least not in her mind. She was nothing but a young servant in a wealthy farmer's house, picking...
468K 25.4K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...
2.3M 85.4K 48
"What are you doing here?" I gulped at the hoarse voice. Instead of replying, I stared at Maria's corpse lying on the floor. "You smell so sweet." I...