'Only Time Will Tell How I En...

By nikkiesaurlovesyou

Willow Reeves, a foster child, is adopted my Anastasia Johnson and Jeremy Johnson and they have a son, Xavier... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Part 12
Part 13

Chapter 10

48 1 0
By nikkiesaurlovesyou

Willow's P.O.V

I woke up and crawled out of Xavier's arms. I got up and grabbed some clothes smiling. I walked to the bathroom and slipped it all on. I slipped on my running shoes and grabbed cream colored riding breeches, my black riding boots, a long sleeved cotton shirt, and a protective black vest. I put it all in my duffle bag, grab my phone, ipod, put my laptop in the laptop bag, set the alarm clock for 8, pulled the blanket over his body, and left a note telling them to come out to the stables later. I jumped in my car and raced off to the barn. I got out and opened the gate leaving it closed but unlocked for when they come through later. I parked near the track and jumped out. I walked over to the hurdle switch and flipped it to on. I warmed up my muscles by running the track at a slow jog I sped up as I neared closer to the hurdles and jumped over all of the smoothly and slowed down to a smooth jog back around the track till I came back to them and repeated till I had almost done 6 miles. I did a cool of jog and went to put on my riding clothes. I pulled in the hurdles and went to the barn to get Dream. I pulled her out, tied her up, grabbed the riding pad and slipped it on her, grabbed her jumping saddle and cinched it up, wrapped all 4 legs in polo wraps, slipped her breast plate on, grabbed her competition bridle, and led her out to the track. I flipped the switch for the jumps and used my steps to get on my horse. I walked her out to the riding ring and jogged her smoothly around the ring. I will probably do at least 15 jumps all different sorts to get her used to riding. I sped her up to a even canter and sailed her over the first jump getting her ready for the set up quickly for the next one. Now this is what it feels like to be home. It feels great to be back in my own place with nothing to worry about but the feel of the horse and the jumps up ahead. I sailed her over all the rest and stopped to a trot and then to a walk while I cooled her out. I took her back to the barn and took all her tack off. I slipped on a light horse blanket and took her out to the hot walker and clipped her on. I kept it at a slow walk to cool her out and keep her muscles from bunching up. I went back to the ring and pulled the jumps in. I ran back to the barn and pulled out Acclaimed Mischeif. I tied him up and kept him in sight until she walked into the tack room. I grabbed a soft brush and put it in my back pocket, I hooked the hoof pick into my belt loop, grabbed the saddle pad, excercise saddle, excercise bridle, the mane and tail comb, and the tail wrap. I  walked back into the barn walkway and he was sniffing the ground looking for hay and other goodies. I laughed good heartedly and put the saddle and pad on a saddle stand and hung the bridle over it. I brushed him down quickly and raced back to the tack room to grab his black polo wraps. I walked back thank god that he was still tied up. I wrapped his legs in the polo wrap, grabbed the tail wrap, and wrapped that on snuggly. I lifted the saddle blanket on his back positioning it correctly. I put the saddle on his back and cinched it properly. I untied him and looped the lead around his neck to hold the sneaky devil in place. I slipped his bridle on and took his reign and led him out to the track. I used to stairs to hop up and started him out at a trot. I wouldnt be using the gate today. They dont have that automated just yet. I started him up into a full canter half way around the track and then pushed him into a full run. I heard Xaviers car come up the drive and while my attention was on something else he spooked and the next thing I heard was a high pitched squeal and frightened scream and a couple of cracks. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was someone crying and I felt arms lift me into their lap craddling and then I fully let the darkness consume me.

Xavier's P.O.V

I was coming up her drive to the barn and got out to walk towards the track because I could hear some hoofbeats coming from there. I got to the fence and all I saw was Willow get tossed in the air and then I heard a high pitched squeal and her frightened scream. I ran through the track trying to get the horse to calm down while I yelled at Val to call the medics. She, at the second, ran to her friends side crying and pulled out willows phone and called the medics. I saw her pick her up and cry louder when she saw her friends eyes close. I heard strangled sobs coming from her while her horse came down from dodging me. When I finally had caught him I held onto him while I called my parents and told them what happened. My mom started crying and my dad held his emotions in being strong for the both of us. I picked Val up off the floor when the medics arrived and had her help me put the horses away and feed them before we raced to the hospital. She ran out to get Dream while I unsaddled Mischeif quickly and put the saddle on a random saddle rack in the tack room. I put a light blanket on him like I saw on Dream and led him to his stall. I found a little laminated paper on his stall stating what he was to be given daily. I walked to the feed room and put in 6 cups of grain, a little spoonful of the joint stuff, the spoon full of fiber, and then I mixed it all about. I grabbed a flake of hay and walked back to his stall. I gave him his food, checked his water, then went to find val. She was in her horses stall holding his grain bucket for him while he ate and talking to him while she was crying. I watched her for a moment then called out to her telling her we had to go. At this point all I could feel was numbness. I couldn't feel any pain. I didnt know what to feel at this moment in time. I felt like a zombie knowing that Willow was in the hospital severely hurt. Vally hopped in Willows car and started it driving off. I hopped in my own and raced after her. It only took us 15 minutes to get there. My parents were in her room looking at her.

"Hey son," dad said, "They'll be taking her into the x-ray room in a little while to see if she has internal bleeding and if and how many bones she broke." she didnt wake up during anyone talking and she looked so peaceful like none of this was going on around her. It seemed as though she was dead or that at any second I would wake up and find this all to be a dream. But It wont be and I guess and I couldnt help but wish that it was a dream. After they had taken her in Mom took val home and dad followed them with Willow's car. I had told them that I wanted to stay her with her.

A couple days later:

She didnt look any better and I had only left her to go get more coffee to stay awake. She still looked like she was just in a deep peaceful sleep. They told me she broke three ribs with one barely pierced her right lung so she had a tube down her throat to help her breath.She also had a heart falter but is gracefully recovering from it from what they could tell. It was only due to shock they said. She also broke one of her arms and her ankle. She's in a coma and I dont know what Id do if she never woke up. I had given Val my schedule yesterday and asked her to get me my make up work. I dont know how long she would be asleep and I will not be leaving her side for anything. 'Im so tired' I thought 'I need some sleep' I laid my head down for a few minutes and fell asleep without realizing it. I starteled awake and looked at the clock. I slept for 10 hours! How could I?! She falls and goes into a coma and here I am sleeping. I kissed her hand and walked out to the cafeteria to get myself a coffee and a poppyseed muffin. I walked back to her room and sat in the most uncomfortable chair again. The crick in my neck wouldn't go away. This is what happens when you sleep in a chair.

"Hey sweetie, you should go home. Willow would kick your butt if she woke up and you were looking like you forgot about everything. She'd want you to have a life. She cant have you be here while shes in a coma. Shed want you to live a life and be you. Not sitting by her bed hoping for her to wake up," my mom spoke softly laying a hand on my shoulder. I'll go home and fetch some stuff to leave her. Maybe I can send my mom to get it all for me.

"Hey momma or dad. Do you think you could pick up some shampoo, conditioner, some spare clothes that are comfortable, my really comfy desk chair, some towels, and my laptop and ipod? I really dont want to leave her side but I will if you guys will allow me to have my showers here and everything. I sware Ill do my homework and not get in the way of the nurses." I smiled weakly at them pleading with my eyes to grab the few things I needed and bring them to me.

"I guess we could son. You might be here for a while. Well go home and pick it up and while your in the shower well have our own visit with Willow. And dont you get out of the shower in 5 minutes you sneaky man. We want at least 40 minutes with her. If you do get out of the shower quickly then you can walk around the hospital for the remaining time. Please son," dad says looking at me smiling. I guess I can do the favor of giving them time with their daughter. I can take a good shower. Not showering in a few days. Well lets just say its not that pleasent.

A couple of weeks later:

Its been 2 and a half weeks!!! Im caught up on all school work and Im even ahead of some students. I sit here everyday holding her hand and softly kissing her hand. I even sing and just talk to her as if she was really awake. Ive had a few cute nurses try to flirt with me. I guess they dont notice that Im sitting next to the girl that means the world to me.... Whoa whoa whoa back track Xavier old boy, did you just say means the world to you. I guess I did. Damn im fallin for her hard. I just need one wink of sleep, clear my head, the nurses took the liberty to put a recliner in the corner of the room and to wake me up if there was any news of her awakening. I kissed her on the forehead and hobbled over to the chair and curled up in a ball resting my head on the pillow and reclining the chair. I fell into a peaceful sleep that gradually turned into a nightmare of that fateful evening that Willow fell. I couldn't get her scream out of my head. The way the horse had thrown her. The way he squealed. I couldnt get the sounds out and I dont think I ever will. I woke up who knows how much later by Vally. She told me that she would watch her and that I could go get something to eat. I kissed her on the forehead and gave her a light hug. I couldnt wish to have anybody better as a friend than Vally to Willow. They were total opposites but I guess opposites to attract. I smiled and walked down to the cafeteria getting myself a coffee and a small cup of strawberry icecream for Vally. I also got myself another poppyseed muffin to eat. I walked back up to the room and let myself in. I smiled at Val and pulled her into my lap while she cried over Willow. I stroked her hair and looked at Willow.

"Xavier do you love Willow? The way you stay here all the time and you look at her with such caring eyes its easy to tell if you have eyes."

"I guess you could say I care for her deeply but I dont know if I love her. If you wouldve asked me 4 weeks ago I wouldve denied like a mad man. But once that special someone is almost gone like a rug slipped out from under your feet. You take a moment to look around and smell the roses." I smiled faintly and handed her a tissue. She blew her nose and tossed it into the garbage. I placed her in the recliner and covered her with the blanket. I smiled and kissed her forehead and she almost instantly fell asleep. The nurses dont mind her anymore.

A week later:

I layed my head down to rest my eyes for a few minutes when I felt her hand move. It was only the slightest movement but I know I didnt move it. I started humming not knowing what song I was singing till the lyrics popped into my head. I started singing Youll be in my heart by Phil Collins. I guess it fits us pretty well eh?

I stroked the back of her hand gently hopping for her to wake up when Vally popped in with a poppyseed muffin and 2 coffees. I guess with the 3 weeks Ive spent here its easy to tell what I eat daily. I smiled weakly and took it from her. She walked to the other side of the bed and plopped down in the recliner. She pointed to the bag on the floor that I hadnt even noticed shed set down. I frowned. That just means I have more homework to do. I got up and let Vally take my place. I was only going to be gone for a little while and when I get back Val will probably leave.

Willow's P.O.V

I heard someone softly humming a song I loved so immensly. I wanted to wake up but my eyes wouldnt move. I tried to move my arms and thats when I noticed I was looking down on myself and that I wasnt actually in my body. I tried talking to him but he couldnt hear me. Thats when I noticed Vally come in and set down his stuff on the floor near the bed. She handed him what looked like coffee and a muffin and he gave her a drained looking smile. She went and plopped down in the chair and thats when the darkness slowly enveloped me again cutting me off from the rest of the world once again.

Xavier's P.O.V

I had just gone down the street and gotten her some more blood red roses. I picked up a big stuffed horse that had a little saddle on his back and a little rose in his mouth. I smiled and paid for them walking out of the shop. I walked back to the hospital and into her room and as I thought Val was just saying bye and kissing her on the forehead. I smiled. Its almost like she knew when I was going to be back. I gave her a small hug and set the vase of flowers next to her bed and the stuffed animal next to all the other toys shed recieved from friends and people she met within those few months at school. I smiled and walked to the shower with a set of clothes and a towel. I turned on the hot water, locked the door, and stripped into nothing but my birthday suit. I smiled and let all the hot water drain my worries. I hopped out in ten minutes and dried off. I pulled my clothes on and walked back out into the room. I sat in my chair and put it facing the wall and grabbed her hand falling asleep comfortably in the position I was in. I wasnt leaving her side tonight.

A few days later:

I was sleeping when I felt a small squeeze on my hand. I knew no one slept over last night but me and the nurses shake my shoulder to wake me up. I opened my eyes quickly and looked around. I relaxed when I saw Willow's eyes open and then did a double take on her. SHE WAS AWAKE!!!

"NURSE! DOCTOR!!! SOMEONE!!! SHE'S AWAKE! SHE'S FINALLY AWAKE!!" I exclaimed as they all rushed in. I backed up to the headboard still holding her hand while they checked all her vitals. She smiled at them and looked like she was trying to talk. The nurse gave her some water and she took it gratefully swallowing some of it down. I smiled gratefully and sighed with relief. I squeezed her hand and she looked up at me. I smiled down at her and she gave me a weird look. Almost as if she was questioning why I was here.

"Miss do you remember anything from that night?" The doctor asked.

"I remember falling and hearing the horse sqeal and I remember screaming myself as I felt. Then I felt this searing pain and heard a few cracks. Then it felt as if I was being lifted into someones arms and someone crying. I heard faraway voices and sirens before the darkness took me over."

"Good. Your memories still in tact." The doctor sighs with relief.

"How long was I asleep??" She asks a little worriedly.

"Well Willow you were asleep for almost a month and I was here at your side the whole entire time. I even got Val to bring my work here so I wouldnt have to go to school. Dont be mad." I flinched a little. When she was mad she was mad!

"Why did you do that you dumbhead!!? Why would you stay her for almost 4 weeks??!!" She practically yelled. I heard her heartbeat increase.

"Miss you have to calm your heart rate. You'll go into cardiac arrest other wise. You just awoke from a coma. Its not good to be so stressed." He said frantically. I sighed and kissed her forehead. Id let them take care of her while I went and called mom, dad and Vally and got some coffee. When I came back to the room 15 minutes later she was laying in bed staring at the ceiling with a frown on her lips. She looked up at me and then she looked away.

"What's wrong love?" I ask her. She just sighs and looks back at me with her unusuall eyes. I smiled softly at her and took a seat.

"Why were you here 24/7," she sighed a little impatiently.

"Well Id tell you but then Id have to kill you. I stayed here because I wanted to and I also didnt want to go to school and I just wanted to be the first one you saw when you woke up. I waited 4 long weeks for that moment. By the way mom and dad and Vally are on their way. Vals pretended to be your sister for 4 weeks so she could stay overnight," I smiled at her. I saw the way her face lit up when I said Val. I guess they really are close. But who am I to say. I never paid close enough attention. Just at that moment Val came bursting through the door like a crazy person and rushed over to Willows side like it was going out of fashion. I smiled and stepped back letting them have there space. I saw her wince when she tried to hug Val back. Those ribs of hers must hurt.

Willow's P.O.V

It was sweet of him to stay here for 4 weeks waiting for me to wake up. BUT I would have rather had him getting his education in school. When he said Val and my parents my face lit up. I couldnt wait to see them. A few seconds later Val came rushing to my side like I was a sexy bikini shes been dieing to get and its the last one and fits her like a glove. I laughed and tried to hug her back eagerly before I felt a searing pain in my ribs. I winced and fell back to the bed.

"Ohh my jesus!! What have I done!! Willow don't die on me now!!!!" she yelled

"Vally Im fine!! I just forgot about my broken ribs!! Geesh calm down women before the nurses come in and kicks you out!" I laughed at her histarically. It felt good to have this crazy woman in my life again.

"So Xavier," she turns to him, " Dont you have something to tell Willow." she looks at him determendly. I giggled quietly. I wonder what he "has" to tell me. Vals probably not going to let him go till he does. I wonder when I can get out of here.

"Hey guys when can I get out of this damn place?" I looked at them. Just then the doc comes in. Great timing.

"Well If I heard your question right then Im pretty sure you can go home in a few days. We just have to run a couple of tests and make sure that everything looks great before we release you." I sighed. I still had a few more days in this crappy place. How much better could life get? Lets just see if time is on my side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 227 41
Completed! A man loses his daughter in a house fire. The father misses the daughter and wants her back, so he goes on the hunt for his new daughter. ...
102K 2.1K 31
This about a girl named, Gabby Dallas. She is Cameron Dallas little sister. So everyone knows her on Vine, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. But they...
224K 3.1K 43
Ian and Mickey adopt a 16 year old girl who had been beaten and abused by her parents. Will they be able to help her? Or will she be broken forever...
127K 2.2K 92
Anastasia has never been a rule breaker, she never joins in on the popular trends; or with the popular kids, she's always been very careful. Until on...