Apex | Charles Leclerc

By reesewoop

They say a successful marriage requires falling in love more than once, always with the same person. Nadia h... More

Chapter 0
Portrayals
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Announcement
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter 52

16.3K 544 85
By reesewoop

Got a light chapter up ahead because I'm getting tired of all the drama lol

Enjoy!

*****

October 15, 2025 - Mexico

I've been sitting inside this room for almost three hours now, having continuous discussions with the five other people with me.

Imara was on my right while Charles sat on my left. He hasn't left me ever since Japan and he's even cancelled all of his media engagements during our short trip back to Monaco. When the adrenaline finally wore off, he didn't let go of me as we left the track. He didn't let go of me during the entire plane ride home with me flushed against his side. He didn't let go of me as we passed by my apartment so that I could get a change of clothes before heading to his.

I didn't let go of him as well. I felt relieved that I wouldn't have to explain every single detail to him because doing that verbally was just as challenging as thinking about it.

In front of us sat Charles' manager, Nicolas, alongside Ferrari's PR manager and legal advisor, Ivy and Cedric. Nicolas has been giving us a rundown of the past two days wherein it's been agreed by management that Manuele will not be present in the paddock for the entire season.

"We've kept this under the wraps." Ivy began as she passed on a piece of paper that held a bunch of names. There were only about fifteen of them, including the people in this room. "These are the names of people who know about the issue and have signed a non-disclosure agreement which can be waived for legal purposes." I shared a look with Imara as we glanced at the list of names before passing it onto Charles. My eyes lifted to Ivy's when she shifted on her seat, glancing at Cedric who gave a small nod before looking at us once again. "Management would like to ask if you still plan on pushing through with the charges."

I raised an eyebrow at her, not feeling guilty when it made her comfortable. My eyes moved to Cedric who was waiting for an answer from us as he held Imara's gaze which I'm sure was just as fierce as mine.

Cedric cleared his throat before speaking. "Management is willing to settle this to keep it away from the media."

Translation: We don't want to taint the Ferrari name.

"I don't want your money." I said, fingers tapping on the table.

"What happens if she settles?" Charles asked beside me and I cast a look towards his way to see his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He was merely asking because he wanted to hear what they would say. He knew I would never accept money in exchange for forgetting what happened.

Cedric wrote something on a piece of paper before sliding it to me. "This is the settlement management has agreed upon." I didn't touch it and neither did the two people sitting on either side of me.

"As for Manuele Moretti?" Imara voiced out.

"He'll be removed from his position as team principal and will announce that he is taking a leave of absence."

A scoff escaped Charles' lips as he crossed his arms over his chest. "That's not enough."

"Charles." Nicolas said, eyes pleading.

"The only place he deserves to be is behind bars. I don't care what happens to everyone or everything else." His words were not missed by the others. Apprehension spread through their faces when they realized what Charles meant.

I don't care what happens to Ferrari. If Manuele isn't locked up, I'm leaving.

"I'm pushing through with the charges." I said, breaking the silence that Charles' statement caused.  "I have enough evidence to confirm the events of that night, but I have no plans of making the news public."

"Nova—" Charles started but I shook my head at him, squeezing his knee underneath the table.

"Keep in mind that I'm not making it public because of him. This is for my sake. I don't want my trauma to be front page news, spread all over the Internet for everyone to scrutinize."

"We can request for a closed court hearing." Imara added and I nodded my head, having had a few experiences in those.

My eyes met Ivy's and she avoided my gaze. "If you want to save Ferrari's reputation with this, I suggest cutting all ties with Manuele Moretti. If not, be prepared for a media onslaught because although the hearings will be held in private, criminal charges can be accessed publicly."

As the meeting ended, I escorted Imara out of the paddock since she still had a flight to catch. I was thankful she managed to get away from work this long, but even I know she can't stay any longer. Charles stayed behind at the motorhome to have a short conversation with Nicolas. When the two of them saw me by the motorhome entrance, Nicolas patted him on the back, giving me a sad smile as he passed by me.

"I'm not happy." Charles said when I stopped in front of him. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his face, meeting his lips with mine. His hands instinctively moved to my waist as he pulled me closer, my head slightly moving to the side to deepen the kiss. I pulled out after a few seconds, not really interested in giving the entire paddock a show. "I'm still not happy." Charles said when he opened his eyes, but the small smile on his face said otherwise.

"I'm glad you're using your communication skills." I teased, yelping when he pinched my sides. At the furrow that had formed on his eyebrows, I lifted my finger to the crease in between his eyes, pressing on it so that he'd relax. "You know I love you, right?"

"Yes. Kindly say that again because you've only told me that twice today." I pushed his chest, making a move to step back, but he held my waist tighter. "I love you, too."

I gave him a peck on the lips. "I love you," I said once again as I smirked at him and he bit his lower lip to keep himself from smiling. "But you should know better that I'm willing to fight for you just as much as you're willing to fight for me."

"Nova." He groaned, pressing his forehead against mine as I let my fingers linger by his jaw.

"I know that you'd leave Ferrari in a heartbeat," I began and my thoughts were confirmed when he didn't even flinch. "But I will never let you do that. This is your life."

Charles shook his head and pulled away, bright green eyes shining with so much emotion. "You are my life. Everything else comes second when it comes to you." He moved his hands to my arms as he continued to soothe me. "You are your own person as well which is why I'm not pushing you to do anything you don't want to. This is your choice and I'll be right beside you through all of it."

"I sense a but coming."

"But if things go too far, I will step in. No matter the cost."

*****

October 16, 2025 - Mexico

"Lord Perceval!" Carlos shouted as soon as he caught sight of Charles in the paddock. The Spanish driver soon ran towards him and ruffled his hair as Charles sent him a scowl.

"Mate, stop!" Charles squirmed, fixing his hair as Carlos laughed at him. "I thought birthdays were supposed to free me from all the torture and teasing."

"Stop being a drama queen." I said, intertwining my hand with his once again. Charles glared at me as if to prove a point and I rolled my eyes in return. "That rule doesn't apply to me."

Since it was his birthday today, we agreed to forget about everything for the next twenty four hours. Of course, he put up a fight, but he should know that he will rarely get wins as long as I'm alive and breathing.

It was media day so he was expecting a lot of greetings and maybe a few video shootings celebrating his birthday. When we both viewed his schedule, he looked apprehensively at a time slot which required him to head to the garage, most likely to blow a cake. His face was soon followed by the words Please don't let them smash my face into the cake as if it was something that happened every year.

I didn't leave him the entire day, standing in the background whenever he had interviews. He and Carlos also had to create a video where they would paint blank masks given to them by the social media team, Charles' giving me a wink as we both remembered that night in Montreal. As people passed him boxes and paperbags filled with gifts, I felt the weight of my own present that was being kept in my purse.

I'm thankful for Gabby because if it wasn't for her, I would've been so lost as I looked up the best models online. I've seen the way Charles would view Daniel's posts as well as Lando's. Sometimes, his fingers would itch to snatch the device from Joris whenever the photographer was trailing him in the paddock. Plus, the amount of random photos on his phone was evident it was time to buy him a camera.

He and Carlos were on their last media stint for the day, requiring them to walk five feet forward, go around the chair, and walk back. It seemed pretty easy except they had to balance a basket on top of their head that was filled with fruits. The basket was stable enough, but the organizers piled it with so much fruits they had to move slowly and carefully.

"Okay, we need two people to sit on the chairs!" One of the organizers said and someone from behind me gave me a light push, putting me in the eyeline of the camera. "Perfect!" She clapped her hands, dragging me towards one of the chairs as I turned around to see the culprit.

Max was hiding his grin behind his fist as he watched me with amusement. I wasn't afraid to be impolite so I gladly raised the finger up in his direction, making him laugh even more.

"Nova? What are you doing here?" Charles asked, eyes covered in entertainment as he watched me avoid the cameras.

"I'm going to kill Max." I grumbled as I sat down and Charles chuckled, planting a kiss on my cheek before picking up the basket.

"Just do it for me." He winked and I glared at him in return, crossing my arms over my chest. He only smiled wider and plucked a piece of grape from the basket before offering it to me. Begrudgingly, I opened my mouth and he placed the grape inside before patting my head.

"I'm going to kill you too if you don't stop doing that."

The next twenty minutes was spent trying to hold in my laughter as the two Ferrari drivers failed miserably at maintaining their balance. I smirked cockily when one of the organizers dragged Max to sit on the chair that Carlos was supposed to go around, a similar frown on his face from being dragged into a media filming.

"What's the plan for tonight?" I asked Charles when we returned to our hotel room. Max extended an invite to him for a late dinner but I'm not sure if Charles actually agreed.

"Would it be disappointing if I just wanted to stay in?" He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. I shook my head and smiled, bringing my purse with me as I sat down beside him. "Staying in, then." He said, lying back down on the bed.

I placed my hands over his chest before leaning my chin over them, watching as he closed his eyes. It's been a tiring day for him, his schedule completely packed, but you could see the lack of stress in his face. Despite not doing anything, there was a ghost of a smile on his lips. He looked peaceful as he relished the remaining hours of his birthday.

"I have a gift for you." I said, voice low and waiting for him to respond.

Charles opened one eye before smirking and closing it again. "I know. I've been waiting the entire day for you to give it to me." I slapped his chest as a laugh escaped his lips. I sat back up and dragged him with me, my other hand grabbing my purse.

"I didn't wrap it partly because I didn't have time to buy the wrapping paper and partly because I suck at it." I pulled out two boxes, placing it over his lap as he smiled widely at me. "Happy birthday."

Charles gave me one more look before he opened the box, lips parting upon seeing a vintage Leica camera. It was one of the top recommendations that Gabby gave me and fortunately, she knew exactly where to find one.

"Holy shit." He cursed, lifting the camera and holding it with delicate fingers.

"There's another one in there." I told him and I had to bite my lip to keep myself from giggling foolishly when it took him another ten seconds before he put down the camera.

The next one he pulled out was easier to buy since there were hundreds of it online. I knew that modern cameras offered the best photos, but there's just something about film cameras. It's the way everything is candid. You can't really control the settings nor how the photo will turn out in the end. There's always a sense of surprise and uncertainty on how it'll turn out. Charles pulled out the small film camera, its body colored in a deep shade of green with a few details in white. It was already stocked with film and there were a few unopened ones along with it.

He lifted it up to his eyes and I smiled just in time as he clicked the button and a flash went off.

"Thank you, Nova." He said, right hand cupping my cheek to give me a sweet kiss as my eyes closed on instinct.

"I don't know if you're thanking me or saying you love me." I whispered against his lips as his thumb drew small circles on the skin by my jaw.

"I was thanking you." He said, slightly pulling away so that he could look me in the eye. His green eyes were bright with happiness and I find myself seeing an emotion that is no longer unknown for me. "I don't need to say those words anymore to tell you I love you." I smiled and he matched it with his own as he pulled me in for another kiss.

My body melted into his as the intense feelings shared between us continued to flow. I will never get tired of this. I love how he knows every inch of my body and how it'll react. I love how when he's near, every single part of me relaxes in comfort knowing that he's within reach. I love how I found someone who understood the difficulties of life and wasn't afraid of being broken.

I love him and I know I will never find a love that I would conquer everything for just as much as I do for him.

*****
Okay, enough of the fluff 🤣

Reese

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1K 51
Two destroying secrets. An agreement between two people. Sex. Just sex. That was what they wanted. A friendship with certain benefits. He helped her...
914K 18.6K 44
One year after breaking up with Charles Leclerc, Grace Diaz finally allows herself to have a fun night out with her best friend. After dancing with a...
32.8K 680 22
"I don't wanna see him, I can't. I'd never be able to look in his eyes again, because all I would think about is how it was all my fault." Celine Val...
37K 637 55
Trusting in something new is always going to be a hard expirience. No matter how scary or beautiful it would be, we have to let go and trust in ourse...