Older || Sequel To SOS

By Sprinting_Ginger

Things Luke has had said to himself too many times in one summer: "I don't want to get older without your hea... More

Story Info
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three

Seven

481 17 20
By Sprinting_Ginger

17 weeks

The baby announcement had gone perfectly with the tour crew, along with the other boys' families as they'd arrived. Luke's smile had only grown wider each time he got to show off Elodie's bump, and at one point he'd even asked her to change into something more fitted to show off the bump more, it was cute. And in some ways it was a relief that they no longer had to hide their secret from those backstage. Just before showtime though Elodie found a button up of Luke's and shrugged it on over the tight tank top, hoping to hide some of the bulk in the small moments she'd be visible on stage tonight.

"Last one for a while." Luke looks jittery, bouncing slightly on his toes as he stands beside El waiting to head on stage.

"Hey," she rests a hand on his arm, speaking softly, "enjoy it. And don't get too giddy about the fact that the next time you take the stage, our baby will be there to see it."

"I love that thought." He grins, turning fully to face her quickly, bending to peck her lips softly.

"Me too. But enjoy tonight, it's our last show as just us."

"I will, I've got you and baby Hemmo here to support. Plus my whole family is out in the audience. It's going to be such an amazing night." He nods, crouching suddenly, his lips meeting her covered stomach as he cradles it softly, "I love you, little one." He mumbles.

"You've been waiting the whole tour to do that haven't you?" Michael chuckles as he wanders over to them.

"I thought about it at every single show." Luke nods from his lowered position, kissing Elodie's stomach one more time before standing back to full stature.

"Enjoy this last show, we are so proud of you." El redirects Luke's attention back to her.

"I will." He smiles softly, kissing her gently as their intro starts, the fans screams growing exponentially as the lights drop.

***

"Alright, Sydney!" Ashton screams out as they finish Wildflower. "We're gonna slow it down here for a minute." Luke tunes him out as he meets Elodie side stage, switching out his guitar.

"Lu," Elodie looks particularly excited. "The baby moved, and I felt it. During Teeth."

"What?" He gasps, his hand falling to her waist.

"Ya, that was the first time I've felt the flutters. They've been dancing the whole night now." She nods.

"I love that!" He chuckles, squeezing her side softly before turning to head back on stage with a new level of joy spreading through his chest.

"Anyway, up next is Best Years! Luke has been extra sappy with this one this tour, his best years are coming fast now, and we couldn't be happier for him and his lady." Ashton finishes talking as Luke reaches his microphone.

"Baby Hemmo is definitely going to make this one of my best years." Luke chuckles, his eyes going wide as he realizes he said the thought aloud, the crowd screaming their loudest yet.

"Um," Michael can't even speak, his laughs taking over instead, practically doubling over in his amused state.

"Shit." Luke quite literally facepalms himself, glancing to his right to see Elodie standing just out of sight from the crowd, her eyes wide as she looks back at him. "Sorry, El."

"You literally kept that secret from the entire band and crew for weeks," Calum shakes his head, "but the fans get to know the same day I did? Not cool, Luke."

"I literally meant you're engagement, but you're welcome to my couch tonight, Lukey boy." Ashton laughs, "You're lucky your mum already knew."

"Anyway," Luke turns from Elodie to the crowd, knowing he's fucked on this particular matter, no way that wasn't recorded by dozens if not hundreds of fans just barely. Baby Hemmo is no doubt going to be trending by the time the show is over. "This one is called Best Years." He tried to get the band to focus again, all the excitement of hearing El tell him the baby moved tainted now with this mess up.

To Luke it feels as if the rest of the show drags on, each fan feeling almost threatening now seeing as they are armed with his no-longer-secret. Simultaneously it seems to fly by though, the lack of conversation coming from Elodie as she techs for him is far scarier than the fans, and he's not sure he's ready for the conversation they are going to have to have tonight over his slip of the tongue. But eventually he is handing off his last guitar and taking center stage, bowing with his brothers for the final time this tour. And for the first time in a long time he doesn't know the next time he'll get the chance to be on stage with these boys.

"So, are we going to hear Elodie yell for the first time ever?" Ashton waggles his eyebrows at Luke as they head off stage.

"I hope not, it's terrifying when she gets angry enough to yell." Luke sighs, running his hand through his sweaty curls.

"Ya, but this one might warrant the yelling." Michael smiles sympathetically at his friend.

"Ya..." Luke agrees halfheartedly, his eyes finding the emerald colored ones he loves so much, his heart breaking as he sees the hurt behind them.

"Not here." Elodie speaks before he can.

"El, I'm so sorry. It was an accident." He sighs, trying to grovel despite her request to wait.

"I said not here, please?" El huffs, running a hand through her hair as she turns to walk away.

"Fuck." Luke mumbles, letting her go for now, he could hear the breakdown practically bursting through the cracks in her simple plea. Wandering towards the green room to change, he's seriously hoping their drive to his Sydney house isn't a complete shit show.

***

Elodie slumps herself down in the passenger seat of Luke's car, grateful that Peter had sent her off for the night, promising to pack up Luke's guitars alongside Michael's. She'd wanted to run the second those words left Luke's mouth, she'd suddenly felt trapped and out of control, two things she didn't deal with well.

Waiting for Luke unfortunately only fuels the panic building in her, and by the time he slides silently behind the wheel she's feeling like her whole chest might just burst from the pressure. Closing her eyes She turns towards the window, not wanting him to see the tremble of her lips or the tears leaning down her cheeks.

"El." She jumps when he speaks finally, nearly halfway from the venue to the Sydney home he'd purchased years prior.

"At home." She mumbles, not wanting to tip him off to her current state until they are safely within their own living space.

Luckily, he listens. He doesn't speak again until he's pulled through the gate and parked in the garage, "Elodie, please talk to me? I know I messed up, I know I hurt you! But I need to know what I can do to help, what you need from me right now." He sighs.

Instead of answering El slips from the car, hearing Luke follow behind her, his door slamming out of frustration.

"El!" His voice has gone hard as they enter the house, his hand reaching to tug her backwards, spinning her simultaneity until she crashes into his chest. As soon as his arms fall around her she breaks fully, heavy sobs bubbling out of her chest as she clings to him.

"Hey, hey, Elodie." His anger seems to have dissipated, concern filling his tone as he brushed a hand over her hair. "Talk to me, please?"

"I— I— don't know." She is practically hyperventilating.

"Are you angry or panicked, pretty girl?"

"Both." She squeaks out.

"You know I didn't mean it right? That it wasn't on purpose? You'd told me our baby was moving and you could feel it, we'd spent the whole day sharing our big news with everyone, it just slipped out. I'm so sorry, and I'm even more upset that I caused you to panic." He bends slightly as he speaks, scooping her legs up and carrying her carefully to the bedroom, holding her close as he settles onto the bed.

Elodie clings tightly to him, and it breaks his heart that he was the cause of all her current pain. He mumbles quietly to her, reminding her how much he loved her, and the baby. Pressing soft kisses to her hairline as he promises over and over to protect them, to keep his family safe from anything and everything that comes at them. Reminding her that there is nothing they can't accomplish together, and their time away from tour gives them the opportunity to hide away for the entire pregnancy if that makes her more comfortable. Eventually though he falls silent, just holding her as she works herself through the panic attack.

"What do you need from me, El?" Luke whispers as he finally hears her take a deep and steady breath. They'd been home for probably an hour now, and he was really starting to worry about her emotions, the stress of the panic attack can't be good for the baby.

"I think..." She sighs, pulling back to meet his eyes. "I think you should announce the baby online. Fans are no doubt asking millions of questions, sending crazy tweets and coming up with outrageous theories. If you make a complete statement maybe they will get enough to calm down their crazy at least somewhat. And then I want to go home, I want to go home and hide away with you and baby Hemmo and Petunia and let the world go on around us but without us for a while."

"You're sure?" Luke asks softly.

"Ya. No need to let fans or gossip sights come up with too many of their own theories before we can make a statement ourselves. It's out there, we have to get ahead of it, just like when our relationship was announced unexpectedly." She nods, "I'm going to shower, will you figure out a post? Nothing too specific, but something about this little one and their joining our family this fall."

"Ya, take your time. Maybe I'll come join you once I've finished the post."

"Not tonight, Lu." She shakes her head adamantly, "I just need a few minutes for myself."

"Okay, then I'll be waiting here to hold you when you're done."

"I might go sleep in the guest room, I just think I need a little space to process all of this. Alone."

"Oh, um, I'll go sleep there. You can stay in our bed. I'm the one who messed up, I'll take the less comfortable bed." She can see the way his eyes droop at her statement, but she needs some space.

"Thank you, Luke." She sighs, nodding in agreement that he takes the other room.

"I love you, pretty girl. I'm sorry I messed up so badly tonight." He states as he stands too, resting his hands on her arms tentatively, leaning forward to press a kiss to her forehead.

"I know you are, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened and I have to figure out how to process that the most precious thing in my life is the worlds now. And they have every right and desire to speculate and say what they want about me and about our baby. It's just, a lot." She sighs, pulling away from his hold and heading towards the ensuite.

***

Lukehemmings and Guitargirl9

Liked by Sadielady, CalumHood, and 639,921 others
Lukehemmings: El took this photo this morning while we were getting ready for our day. I never imagined I'd share it publicly less than twenty-four hours later, but after sharing our exciting news with friends and family over the last few days, I accidentally let it slip out on stage too. Baby Hemmings, coming soon 🤍

Crystalleigh: my favorite little bump! Indy Kay can't wait to meet her best friend 🥹🫶🏻 so happy for you three

Peterwhite: you two are going to be the best parents ❤️

ELudiestan: I can't believe this is real. So so happy for your growing little family 😭🥺❤️

5sosDiana: when is Elodie due? Is it a boy or girl? Will the wedding be before or after the baby is born? We need more info!

——————————
Elodie seems to be really shaken up after Luke's blunder on stage... How does that affect her? Or them??

Updated a few hours earlier than usual because insomnia is a real thing. 😅

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 4.3K 19
(trigger warnings for some chapters) these are for times when you want to read about the inevitable that involve people you love. grab some tissues...
540K 5K 57
Preferences and imagines from tumblr about 5 Seconds of Summer. (Mostly mature)
4.6K 325 49
"Do you love me?" "Yes, of course I love you. I'll always love you." "Then why doesn't it feel like you do?"
1.2K 173 24
"He wants to say I love you, but he keeps it to goodnight because love will mean some falling and she's afraid of heights." - r.i.d. A story about...