Defined by his past ♤Legacies...

Por Deya0302

The past was haunting her. The legacy her father left her was a weight on her shoulders she could never get r... Más

Defined by the Past ♤
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Dearest Dad
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Season Two
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
New Book
Chapter 2.3
Chapter 2.4
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 2.6
Chapter 2.7
Chapter 2.8
Chapter 2.9
Chapter 2.10
Chapter 2.11
Chapter 2.12
Chapter 2.13
Chapter 2.14
Chapter 2.15
Chapter 2.16
Chapter 2.17
Chapter 2.18
Chapter 2.19
Season 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 3.3
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 3.6
Chapter 3.7
Chapter 3.8
Chapter 3.9

Chapter 3.4

745 23 12
Por Deya0302

A/N: I don't really like how this chapter came out, which is one of the reasons it took me a lot to post. I kept editing and deleting and writing again, and editing again and still I didn't like it. Musical episodes, in any show I watch are never my favorite.

However, I knew I had to split this in two because it I kept trying to write, i would gladly let Kai like kill my spleen. At least now with this part of the chapter out, I'll have enough time to work on the rest without feeling bad it took me a while to post.

Anyway, I hope you liked this more than I did, because I'm pretty sure it sucked. Oh, well.

SALVATORE: THE MUSICAL

Things between Hope and Kayla had gotten for the worse.

Enough that it got the guidance counselor's attention to call Kayla to his office.

"This feels like a deja vu" Kayla commented as she sat on a chair in front of Alaric's desk, her feet up in the desk.

"You were one to get in trouble very often" Dr. Robin Goodfellow smiled briefly at the teenager in front of him, not minding her feet on the desk. "It's not surprising you know that chair very well"

"But I don't anymore, sad" Kayla deadpanned, patting the armrest of her chair. "Maybe I should get more in trouble. For good times' sake"

"Is that the reason why you set those girls' books in fire today?" Dr. Goodfellow raised an eyebrow.

Kayla glanced to the side. "An accident that can happen to anyone"

"Your fire spells are exceptional" Robin countered, reading through the file in his hands. "That wasn't an accident" he looked up. "Not to mention that was around the time Ms. Mikaelson was in the library as well"

Since their fight, being in the same room their anger intensified enough to lose control.

Kai had told her to control her emotions when she visited him after they safely sent Rafael to his prison world.

It was easier said than done because of Hope's werewolf side that brought forth the anger Kayla had carefully under control.

At least the urge to siphon hadn't been present. Yet.

Had to see the little positive things.

"Not everything revolves around Hope" Kayla replied, rolling her eyes.

Robin sighed, "And that's the problem for you, isn't it?" Kayla frowned. "Wouldn't you be feeling jealous of her?"

"Me? Jealous?" Kayla scoffed. "Please"

Robin shook his head slightly, "Think about it. Hope is well liked. She shares her feelings and emotions very easily. You have a wall around you that even yourself struggles to climb. Wouldn't it be nice for you to lower it slightly once in a while?"

Kayla stared at him in silence for a moment. "What did you smoke?"

Robin had to laugh. "Nothing. It's just... I can see it. You do feel lonely but you don't know how to reach out to people. I was trying to help"

"Miss Tig too has tried and she never-" Kayla stopped abruptly. Robin straightened slightly. "She's always been my guidance counselor" she gave him a suspicious look. "Not you... Hope was looking for a monster earlier on"

"I thought you two weren't on speaking terms?" Robin asked, casually tapping on Kayla's file.

Kayla pursed her lips as she stood. "That's not the point" it was mostly routine by now when a monster was around. "She informed me that she tracked it down into the building and lead around here" she narrowed her eyes. "You're the only variable that doesn't make sense" Her head tilted aside, "Therefore you have to be the monster"

"Wouldn't it be possible that Hope was simply using a monster as an excuse to talk to you?" Robin questioned, watching pleasantly as the idea settled on the girl's mind. "I mean, me a monster? You're talking to me, Kayla. You know me. When your sessions with Miss. Tig don't work, you've come to me. I've been here for you since you entered the school. Remember that?"

Kayla blinked slowly, a tense moment happening in which Robin stared into her eyes.

Kayla shook briefly her head as she huffed, sitting back down. "Right. How to forget the creepy shrink"

Robin relaxed back, smiling slightly at her, ignoring her comment. "I don't blame you. I know it's hard for you to lose the trust you deeply developed with someone else, isn't it?"

"Yeah" Kayla sighed under her breath.

"The school is setting up a musical" Robin said, putting out a flier in front of her, "It would do you well to assist"

"I don't sing" Kayla pointed out.

"You remind me of Katherine" Robin spoke, ignoring her comment.

"A backstabbing bitch?" Kayla raised an eyebrow.

Robin chuckled under his breath, "No. Katherine wasn't always like that, was she? She grew to guard her heart in order to not be hurt anymore. And instead of just protecting herself, she began hurting others before they could hurt her. That's not being a, how did you put it? A 'backstabbing bitch', is it?"

"Opinions can differ" Kayla said with a head shake.

Robin hummed, meeting back up her eyes again, holding a stare between them, "At least consider it, alright? Like I said, it'd do you good to be more around your friends who will be there too"

Kayla sucked in a deep breath, "I've considered it and it's still a no" she said standing up, "Thanks for the pep talk though, Doc. See ya"

With that, Kayla left the office leaving an amused Robin behind as he shook his head.

~8~

Kayla was in the library, doing some homework, ignoring everyone's excited chattering about the musical.

A girl passed by her, vocalizing.

And that was the end of her patience

Kayla dragged her chair back with a scratch, turning to the girl and everyone 'practicing', waving her open hand above her head, ending with a closed fist, "Silentium!"

The noise suddenly died, students grabbing their throats, looking at each other in panic.

Kayla breathed out, relieved, lowering her hand, "Finally some quiet"

Everyone turned to her, wide eyed.

Kayla gave them a shrug as she sat down back again.

Indeed peace and quiet.

~8~

As Kayla passed by the gym, she noticed people doing auditions.

She had to admit on her amusement as she watched everyone auditioning for the Damon role.

Her amusement grew when Jed got the Stefan part as he was the only one auditioning for it.

Heels clicking behind her caught her attention, turning to see Lizzie walking closer from behind her, looking to the blonde.

"You're auditioning?" Lizzie questioned, raising an eyebrow in surprise. "I didn't see you as someone who sings"

"I don't" Kayla replied, "I was told I could do a Katherine though"

Lizzie made a face. "I don't see it"

Kayla flickered her fingers, pointing at her, "Right? I said the same thing"

Lizzie hummed, considering, "But now that you say it..."

"You were doing so well, Liz" Kayla sighed, closing her eyes, dropping her hands.

"I'm joking" Lizzie laughed. Kayla opened her eyes. "To play Katherine you have to know how to act slutty. Manipulative and a bitch, definitely spot on with you, but the rest?" she shook her head slightly, scrunching her nose.

"Who says I can't?" Kayla asked, twirling a strand of her hair, giving Lizzie a little smug smile, looking up through her eyelashes as she tilted her head.

Lizzie blinked in shock, "Oh, my God" she stated as Kayla dropped the act, giving her an annoyed look at her reaction, lowering her hand. Lizzie looked appalled, "You could actually pull this off"

"Not my point, Elizabeth" Kayla drawled, giving her a warning look.

Lizzie wouldn't have it, grabbing her cousin's arm, dragging her inside.

Both girls stopped behind Landon's desk.

Landon seemed to be the director of the musical in recommendation by the guidance counselor.

Lizzie announced their presence, "I'm playing Caroline"

"Lizzie" Landon greeted, giving Kayla a double look for being there as he took a seat on his desk. Kayla crossed her arms, remaining behind as Lizzie sat on the table, "You have to audition"

"Are you saying someone knows my mom better than I do?" Lizzie asked, giving him a look.

Landon thought about it, seeing her point, "Got it"

Landon wrote down Lizzie's name.

"And I know who should play Katherine and Elena" Lizzie told him, getting him to look up at her.

Lizzie looked at her cousin.

Landon followed her gaze. "Her?"

"Not my idea" Kayla pointed at Lizzie who smiled.

Landon frowned. "I don't see you as Elena"

"Because I'm not a whiny, crybaby" Kayla deadpanned.

"Then who?" Landon looked between the cousins.

~8~

"Me?"

Josie sat on a couch in a common room. Landon, Lizzie and Kayla were in front of her, standing.

"We all know you can sing" Landon pointed out, having immediately agreed with the cousins' suggestion.

"Well, that doesn't mean I want to be the lead in a musical" Josie told them, worriedly.

"Finally someone with a brain" Kayla commented, throwing her hands a little then using a finger to point at Josie.

Josie gave her a small smile, though a little confused.

Lizzie gave Kayla a look, before looking down at her sister, "I thought you were step, stepping into the light"

Josie gasped, giving her a look, "You promised"

Lizzie smiled, "Look, you're just back from a great visit with Mom, you're feeling good. This could be a great opportunity for a non-magic human to participate in the school's community"

Landon nodded.

Kayla rolled her eyes.

"Are you going to be there too?" Josie asked her cousin.

"No" "Yes" Lizzie and Kayla answered at the same time.

Landon and Josie awkwardly looked at each other then at the girls who stared at each other intently.

"You get to be a bitch to everyone without any repercussion" Lizzie told her, "Focus your anger into something that won't let you out of control"

Josie gave Kayla a look of concern while Landon looked down, quiet and a little guilty.

"I heard what you did earlier in the library" Lizzie reminded. "No one in that room was able to audition and some of them are still silent"

Kayla shrugged, an innocent quirk on her lips.

Josie furrowed her eyebrows a little, "Never heard of a silencing spell as strong as that"

"You wouldn't" Kayla commented, picking at her nails, disinterested, "I invented it"

Josie and Landon looked impressed.

Lizzie was too but she was making a point here, okay?! "What I mean is that you usually don't snap, you endure the stupidness people show, though you haven't lately" Kayla looked away. "Tasha and Ashley's books on fire? You sent Michael to the infirmary after a comment he made"

"He tripped" Kayla corrected. "His shoes weren't tied correctly"

"What about the potions accident?" Lizzie questioned, rolling her eyes. "Your partner messed up?"

"She wouldn't shut up about things that didn't concern her" Kayla said through gritted teeth.

"Like what?" Josie asked softly.

"About the fact that her dad killed our bio mom" Lizzie said quietly.

Kayla exhaled, trying to calm down.

The lamp next to where Josie was sitting exploded.

Josie gasped, jumping back from it.

The three of them looked to Kayla who was rubbing her temple, seemingly taking deep breaths.

"Fine, I'll do it" Kayla said after a moment, dropping her hand.

Lizzie and Josie smiled brightly, though they were very concerned about their cousin.

Landon still looked a little guilty, believing he was partly at fault on her lack of control and her fighting and distance from Hope.

He was distracted enough that Josie was able to snatch his book.

"Can I read the script at least?" Josie asked playfully opening his book as Landon stuttered. Josie's smile faded and Lizzie looked in disappointment as she peeked as well, both girls looking at a gaping Landon.

"It's a work in...progress" Landon awkwardly explained.

Kayla leaned on her tip toes to see the book too. The pages were empty, only the words 'ACT ONE' were written.

Kayla looked at Landon who bit on his fingernails, nervous and awkward as the three girls stared at him.

Now he could see the family resemblance in the way they looked at him and judging him.

Landon closed the book, grabbing it from Josie's hands as the twins exchanged a look, "I'm working on it, okay?"

Landon walked away

"This musical is looking very great so far" Kayla commented, doing a very alike Katherine pose, giving her cousins a sarcastic smile.

Lizzie raised a hand to her, "Don't you and Hope have a saying to not jinx things?"

Kayla dropped her Katherine stance, giving her a look for bringing up Hope. "This thing is made by Landon. It was already jinxed since the moment he accepted doing this"

Kayla walked past the girls, leaving them alone, looking at each other with a sigh.

~8~

At the rehearsal, Kayla took very much pride in no laughing out loud at everyone unsynchronized vocalization, not even bothering to vocalize herself.

She didn't even sing. Why bother?

But she had to admit, seeing everyone embarrassing themselves was doing very well for her anger. She hadn't exploded anything nor made the lights malfunction. She was calm and in control.

Not even crashing against Jed while she and him were doing a Katherine/Stefan stand off where Katherine kept telling Stefan he was the one for her, which cue her faking a gag when she read the script and Jed's amused snicker wasn't enough to snap.

The number they were rehearsing didn't include her so she was in a bench, watching as Landon told everyone to take a break.

Josie walked closer to her, and saw immediately the amusement in her face. "Don't say a word"

Kayla raised her hands in innocence, "Sorry, Elena"

"You were right about her being a whiny, crybaby" Josie sighed.

Kayla crossed her leg, sitting in a very unKayla like position, "Why don't you discuss that with the very handsome director?"

Josie stared at her weirdly, before realizing what she was doing, "Acting the total opposite of you and you actually can play her"

"It's very tiring being me" Kayla pouted, making Josie laugh as she walked towards Landon

Kayla smiled to herself, uncrossing her legs and slouching again. She watched Josie and Landon talk, tilting slightly her head, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, trying to listen in.

Eavesdropping spells were hard to invent, and none had worked yet the way she wanted them to, but she could tell something Josie said struck a nerve. Her lips curled in a smirk. Way to go Josie, she thought as the brunette twin backed away awkwardly.

Just in time for Lizzie's Caroline number.

They were going to have a scene between them where she's supposed to kill Lizzie. The moment Katherine turned Caroline.

The thought of at one point being responsible for either of the twins' deaths always managed to make Kayla doubt herself, that if getting close to them was a good decision.

She was still her father's daughter. What if at one point she turned her back on them and decided on killing them because killing family members was in her DNA?

Even if Kai was working on becoming a better father, he still had those urges to be violent. Only the spell that bounded him to her to not act on those impulses was what stopped him, but he still had them once in a while.

What if she was like him in more ways than she imagined?

What if the reason why she could play Katherine was because she always had an ace under her sleeve and could manipulate everyone she wanted to? She could be making them believe she was a hero, part of the Super Squad that always saved the day, but what if at the end of the day she was just manipulating them so she could hit where it most hurt them?

The thoughts kept cycling in her head as she rehearsed a scene with Jed, but the pounding that started in her head wouldn't let her concentrate on the present, couldn't anchor her. She just kept thinking in her mind she was just as bad as Kathrine and her dad.

-yla

Kayla?

A wave of magic surged from her and outwardly in a circle as she breathed a gasp, opening her eyes. Jed and Landon who were trying to snap her out of her thoughts and some students that were close to her got the worse of her blast, sending everyone flying back across the room.

Kayla exhaled, her hair which had blown back with her magic falling back to their place, looking around at the horrified faces as they backed away. Jed slowly slowly stood up and was helping Landon as he stared at her slightly in concern.

Landon groaned but was glad he wasn't badly hurt.

"I..." Kayla stuttered, something which was unlike her as she left the gym walking calmly, but still feeling like she could explode.

She hadn't felt like that in a while.

Everywhere she walked to the lights kept flickering with static, some lightbulbs exploding or shattering.

She could feel herself siphoning from the school and she wanted it to stop because the more she siphoned, the more she kept using it. The gates were open and magic flew in and out constantly through her, leaving in violent outbursts. Pictures hanging in the walls flew across the hallway as she passed them, breaking in contact.

The magic was overwhelming. It was everywhere. And she couldn't breathe. And that was making it worse.

She stopped in the middle of a small common room, holding the sides of her head with her palms, another outburst of magic leaving her hands, the lamps shattering. Someone screamed.

She wasn't alone.

There were kids present.

She would never hurt kids.

With that thought, she stumbled away, leaving and running to the hallway where she crashed against someone.

"Kayla, hey!" that was a familiar voice. Her hands were grabbed but immediately pulled back. "You're not okay. It hurts again"

Hope.

"Hope?" Kayla asked through the buzzing in the hallway. The lights were on and off, static and electricity cracking in the air.

"Yeah, it's me" Hope called out, sounding worried, "Listen to me, to my voice"

I'll hurt her too.

"No, you won't" Hope reassured, her voice loud. Kayla's arms were grabbed again, immediately feeling even more magic running through her veins. Hope hissed, "And even if you do, I deserve it"

Not her. She didn't.

"Let it out, Kayla" Hope said, getting Kayla to open her eyes to see her. Their hair was wiping harshly behind them. Somehow, Hope managed to get her outside of the school, something like a tornado was around them. And they were in the middle of it. "Don't bottle it up. Like you've done your whole life"

Hope had a tight grip in her hands, they were glowing. She was still siphoning from her. Hope looked a little pale.

"I'm not good at..." Kayla stuttered.

"You don't have to say anything" Hope told her, managing a small but weak smile. "Just... I'll always be here for you. Always. Even if you hate me for eternity, I'll always have your back, you hear me Always-"

"-and forever?" Kayla asked, her voice cracking slightly.

"Always and forever" Hope confirmed, sincerely.

The wind lowered slightly in intensity. So Hope did what she knew her best friend needed. What she had needed once too.

Without letting go, Hope pulled each other closer, wrapping her arms around Kayla, resting her hand on the girl's head, letting her bury her face in the crock of her neck.

Hope's heart broke the moment she felt Kayla letting out a shaky breath, once last surge of magic leaving both girls as they felt on their knees, exhausted.

They remained like that for a couple of seconds, the only sound they could hear was their heavy breathing.

Hope felt a few tears roll down her cheeks as she stared up at the night sky as Kayla continued relaxed in her embrace. She thought about what happened. Their fighting, how she missed her best friend, even more than what she missed Landon, how this musical seemed to affect the two of them.

"I don't want to do the stupid musical" Kayla said, lifting her head, her blue eyes were a little more bright than usual, like the storm they had just been under, and Hope knew she still continued bottling it all up. She didn't comment on that though.

"Then don't" Hope told her.

"Good thing I got one of the witches to learn the lines, just in case" Kayla said, chuckling.

"Yeah" Hope whispered, "Let's go"

Kayla nodded slightly.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

75.1K 1.9K 10
Ezekiel 'Zeke' Saltzman is the youngest fraternal triplet from the Gemini coven bloodline. Like his sisters, he is a siphoner, witch, born with a def...
23.5K 716 27
"Running is easy when you've been doing it most of your life. It becomes less of a thrill and more of a necessity. I got too comfortable hiding out i...
35.3K 831 39
Josie is leaving the Salvatore school for the young and gifted as she wants to discover who she is without the school as it's been her whole life, bu...
57.1K 1.4K 33
✧・゚: ✧・゚: 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 | ❝ When the black sheep of the family finally accepts who they are and become the very best of themselves. ❝ In which Eva...