Demons Among Slayers? (Male D...

By Calamity-boi

(New cover go BRRR :D ) What happens when our slayer trio encounters an odd demon during their fight on Moun... More

An extraordinarily normal day.
Bio
Helping The Enemy?
Angering a hashira...
The Large Demon returns.
Explaining "Perfect copy"
Leveling The Playing field.
Reason For My Absense.
Aftermath + Backstory Part 1
Backstory Part 2
Author's Note
Strange Colors
UMAI! UMAI! UMAI!
Dreams Of The Dead.
Muzan's Femboy
Acceptance, A Dying Flame.
Operation: Make Y/N Happy Again!
Ape Shit/"The Talk".
Taking A Break...(Not A Chapter.)
Y/N's Promise.
Round 2/Sun In My Lungs.
Updated Bio
Vulnerable/God Of The Festival.
Thank You!
The Entertainment District
Pleasant Dreams
Y/N's Betrayal...?
Last Goodbye.
(NON CANON) Halloween?
Rehabilitation.
Evolution.
Memories and New Friends.
Destruction Of Peace.
Liberation.
Eruption.

A Little Mishap...

1.6K 31 20
By Calamity-boi

After taking a few more days to make sure he and his body were once again perfectly tuned, Y/N decided he'd take a little rest...turns out, the Mansion had better ideas.

In the middle of decompressing, Y/N hears a vase shatter from inside the Mansion, both freaking him out and annoying him a lot more than it should have.

Upon making his way to said noise, however, he finds Kanao standing next to Tanjiro, who seems to have just woken up from his coma.

Kanao: "I'm so glad you're awake..."

Y/N: "And he lives! Had me worried for a second...that's a lie, I knew you'd pull through, I just didn't want to seem like an asshole."

Kanao sits down next to the bed so she could check on him, leaving Y/N to stand next to the door feeling a bit out of place....until a random Kakushi walks up, places what looks to be some kind of dessert on a nearby table, and cleans up the shards of the ceramic vase, all with a look of annoyance on his face.

Y/N: (...Do I know him? He seems familiar for some reason.)

After cleaning up the shards and cleaning up the water, he picks the dessert back up and walks to Tanjiro's bedside, opposite of Kanao.

Kakushi: "Excuse me. I'm going to set this castella down, but make sure you clear it away after a while. It seems like it's about to go bad, so you can have it."

Tanjiro: "Oh. Thank you...very much."

After a few seconds of what seemed to be shocked silence, the plate from the Kakushi's hand falls and all of it's contents almost fall onto the bed, but Y/N, not wanting sweets to be wasted, somehow managed to go from the door to the foot of the bed in time to catch three of out the four slices.

Suddenly the Kakushi started shouting at Kanao and Y/N, angry with the fact that Tanjiro was awake and neither of them had told anyone yet.

Kakushi: "HE'S AWAKE?! MAKE SOME NOISE ABOUT THAT!! WHAT ARE YOU, SCATTERBRAINED?!? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CALL FOR SOMEONE! SAY 'HE'S AWAKE' OR 'HE'S OUT OF HIS COMA!', DON'T JUST SIT THERE!"

The Kakushi angrily stomps past them, muttering to himself about seniority and how they were irresponsible, while Kanao silently apologizes by bowing as he leans out the door.

Kakushi: *Inhale* KIYO! SUMI! NAHO! AOI! TANJIRO'S WOKE UP FROM HIS COMA!"

It didn't take long for Sumi, Naho, and Kiyo to flood into the room, but the second they saw Tanjiro conscious, they burst into tears...which made Y/N a bit sad, as they weren't this relieved when they saw he was okay. But he soon shook the thought away and smiled.

The three immediately crowded around Tanjiro, jumping onto his bed and talking through their tears.

Kiyo: "Thank goodness you're okay!"

Sumi: "You can have my crackers!"

Y/N: "I don't think crackers are going to help righ-"

Sumi looks at Y/N with tear filled eyes, making him quickly change his words to benefit her happiness.

Y/N: "Actually...He's been asleep for a while. He should eat."

Sumi goes back to trying to give Tanjiro crackers, probably trying to help with his recovery. Meanwhile, Naho was...in a completely different mindset.

Naho: "There's castella on the bed..."

Y/N: "Oh, right...I forgot I missed one...Oh well."

Y/N takes a bite out of one the slices, angering the Kakushi who brought them in.

Kakushi: "Hey! That wasn't for you."

Y/N: "....Sorry, I guess? I'm going to eat it anyway."

Aoi, after what sounded like either really heavy footsteps or someone smacking into multiple walls, runs through the door to Tanjiro's room with a sheet of her head, scaring the the three girls.

Kiyo: "AAAAAH! IT'S A GHOST!"

Kiyo jumps up and grabs onto Kanao, while Sumi and Naho hide behind Y/N, whom Aoi accidentally crashes into before taking off the large white sheet covering her head.

Sumi: "Oh...it's just Ms. Aoi tangled up in the laundry!"

Aoi, completely disregarding Y/N's existence, pushes past him to check on Tanjiro, before bursting into tears like Sumi, Naho, and Kiyo did, once again making Y/N feel a bit saddened.

Aoi: "Thank goodness you woke up! I'm so sorry! You guys got hurt like this because you went in my place..."

Aoi cries even louder, so badly that it had almost gotten to the point where it could be considered sobbing.

Tanjiro: "Thank you...What about the others...Are they alright?"

Y/N: "Well, I've been conscious the entire two months you've been out, Tengen...well, he's okay...maybe. I'll have to check if he bled out on the way back-"

Tanjiro's eyes shoot open as Y/N says that.

Kakushi: "What are you, stupid!? There were so many better ways to say that! The last thing he needs right now is to be worried!"

Tanjiro: "W-What...did he mean??"

Kakushi: "Lord Tengen left on his own shortly after being admitted into the Mansion. He's FINE, so you don't need to worry!"

The Kakushi shoots a glare at Y/N as he continues.

Kakushi: "And the yellow haired one...was it the day before yesterday?"

Sumi: "Yes!"

Kakushi: "He's back at work. I hear he's already out on a mission...against his will."

Sumi: "Mr. Zenitsu woke up the next day!"

Tanjiro: "I see...what about Inosuke?"

Sumi: "Inosuke was also on the brink of death at one point."

Aoi: "Mr. Inosuke was in such terrible shape...Because of all the poison in his body, he couldn't stop the bleeding in time..."

Tanjiro: "I see...so I must be hallucinating Inosuke stuck on the ceiling right now..."

Everyone except for Y/N looks up and sees Inosuke, clinging to the ceiling like a really big spider.

Kakushi: "HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT??"

Inosuke: "HAHAHA! Good on you for noticing me, Tanpachiro!"

Tanjiro: "Well...I am lying face up..."

Inosuke lets go of the ceiling and falls onto Tanjiro's bed, throwing Naho off in the process, but she was quickly saved by Y/N, who used his blood to catch her before she could hit the ground.

Naho: "Thank you-"

Inosuke: "I'M THE GUY WHO WOKE UP SEVEN DAYS BEFORE YOU DID! AREN'T YOU JEALOUS!? HEHEHE!"

Tanjiro: "Really?...I'm so glad...Inosuke...You're amazing."

Inosuke: "NYAHAHAHAHA! Keep heaping on the praise! And you! You're a weakling! Shame on you for making us all worried!"

Y/N: "Wait...If I was the only one that didn't pass out, aside form Tengen, of course...doesn't that make me the strongest?"

Inosuke pauses for a second, dumbfounded by Y/N's interjection.

Naho, hoping to prevent Inosuke'S brain from exploding, changes the topic.

Naho: "But it's you who's not normal, Mr. Inosuke! Lady Shinobu said it herself, remember?"

Kiyo: "Oh, wait! Mr. Tanjiro!"

Kiyo brings over a book, with what looks to be some kind of animal on it.

Kiyo: "Take a look at this book! This is a weasel from a foreign country called a Honey Badger! It has a thick hide-like armor! Even getting bitten by a lion won't hurt it!"

Tanjiro: "It's so cute..."

Y/N: "Really? It looks like it's hiding murderous intentions."

Kiyo: "Since it's poison-proof, it'll just eat up poisonous snakes, too!"

Kanao: "Wow..."

Y/N: "Told you. Definitely murderous."

Kiyo: "Lady Shinobu said that Mr. Inosuke is just like this Honey Badger!"

Kakushi: "Lady Kocho makes some pretty irresponsible comments, huh?"

Inosuke: ".....Huh?"

Aoi: "Maybe she just got tired of thinking about him?-"

For some reason, it took Aoi an unreal amount of time to realize Inosuke was sitting on top of the possibly still injured Tanjiro.

Aoi: "HEY! Come on, get down from there!"

Inosuke: ".....IN OTHER WORDS, I'M IMMORTAL! HAHAHA!"

Y/N: "No. You're just so stupid that you've somehow managed to make it work. I'm basically immortal, you're just really fucking lucky."

Silence follows for a few seconds, before Inosuke jumps off the bed and starts violently shaking Y/N back and forth.

Inosuke: "Who you callin stupid?!"

Y/N: ".....That grammer doesn't make sense."

Sumi: "Please, stop!"

Inosuke: "FIGHT ME! STEP OUTSIDE WITH ME, SCUMBAG!"

Y/N: "Inosuke. We both know who would win that."

Aoi makes an attempt to pull Inosuke off of Y/N, but isn't really doing much.

Aoi: "Hey! Knock it off! Poison doesn't have much effect of you, but neither does medicine! So you need to be careful like Lady Shinobu said!"

Kanao makes an attempt to tell everyone to quiet down, but her voice couldn't get through to them due to all the noise.

Kanao: "P-please be-"

Inosuke: "SHUT UP! QUIT YANKING ME YA SHRIMP!"

Y/N: "HEY! You're gonna rip my clothes!"

Aoi: "WHAT'S THAT?! YOU'RE NOT THAT MUCH TALLER THAN I AM! SO WHY DON'T YOU-"

Kanao: "TANJIRO'S ASLEEP, SO PLEASE BE QUIET!"

Suddenly, the entire room stops, shocked that Kanao had just raised her voice.

Everyone: "Oh...."

Inosuke: "AH MAN! HE WENT BACK INTO A COMA-"

*WHACK*

Y/N: "She said be quiet! Fucking dumbass..."

Kiyo: "Ms. Kanao! Let's go make some rice gruel."

Y/N: "That is probably the worst name I've ever heard for something made with the intention of being consumed."

Aoi: "....Why did you say it like that??"

Y/N: "It felt wrong calling it food."

Y/N noticed Kiyo become sad, which left him confused for a bit, before he finally realized what he just said and why it sounded mean.

Y/N: "Wait! Nononono, I didn't mean it like that! What I meant was that gruel made it sound disgust-no, that's even worse!"

Kiyo: "Mr. Mitsuki is mean.."

Y/N: "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to insult you or your cooking! I promise!"

Kiyo looks at Y/N with tears in her eyes.

Kiyo: "You promise?!"

Y/N: "Yes! I promise!"

Kiyo: "Then you have to try it!"

Y/N: ".....What?"

Kiyo: "If you're sorry, then you have to eat it! I won't forgive you unless you eat it!"

Y/N: "I-well...."

Y/N looks at Kiyo. Seeing her sad pleading eyes looking up at him was too much to bear.

Y/N: "....Fine..."

Kiyo, as if all of her sadness disappeared, started jumping up and down while cheering...then Sumi and Naho joined her for some reason.
________________________________

It was a mistake. It had been a little over 2 weeks since that promise. At first, it was just the gruel. But since Y/N liked it, they started bringing him MORE FOOD. It's constantly 'Eat this!' or 'Try that one!'. It had gotten to the point that because he was eating so much food, he didn't need to eat anything else. He was intaking so much food that it was like his body just gave up and accepted that this was it's only source for sustenance.

Y/N was 'Watching' over Tanjiro's Rehabilitation Training, occasionally eating grapes, apples, entire coconuts, and anything else Kiyo brought him.

While Kiyo was pouring 4 cups of tea, Sumi was helping Tanjiro with his stretching. And for some reason, Tanjiro decided now was the perfect time for a conversation.

Tanjiro: "Oh! I almost forgot! Did a new sword come by while I was asleep? To replace the one that I chipped?"

Suddenly, both girls freeze. With Kiyo pouring a bit of tea on the table, and Sumi leaving Tanjiro in a backwards 'C' shape.

Sumi: "A-a sword, you say? Uhm..."

Kiyo: "You...did get some letters..from Mr. Haganezuka...would you like to see them...?"

Y/N: "Oh, this is gonna be interesting."

As if waiting for this exact moment, Naho quickly brings a stack of letters and nervously hands them to Tanjiro.

Upon opening said letters, however...

"I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"
"I'LL CURSE YOU!"
"I HAVE NO SWORD FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!"
"I HATE YOU!"

Y/N: "Wow...You got it worse than me. Atleast Peach Boy have the decency to pretend to be nice about it..."

Tanjiro: "....Peach...Boy..?"

Y/N: "Don't worry about it...so, just wondering...what did you do to this guy??"

Tanjiro: "This is...bad..."

Naho: "Two months went by, but no sword arrived..."

Tanjiro: "And it was only chipped this time...I snapped it in two before!"

Naho: "Swords are always getting damaged...but Mr. Haganezuka just happens to be a bit difficult, doesn't he?"

Kiyo: "Oh! Why don't you go to the Village with Y/N!"

Sumi: "Maybe you could talk with Mr. Haganezuka directly."

Tanjiro: "The Village?"

Kiyo: "Where all the swordsmiths live!"

Tanjiro: "Huh? I can go?"

Y/N: "I don't see why not. It'll make it a bit less lonely with you around anyway."
________________________________

After a few more days, a Kakushi arrives at the Butterfly Mansion, asking for Y/N and Tanjiro. With Suki, Naho, and Kiyo in tow, they make their way to outer gates.

Upon their arrival, she greets them with a slight now.

???: "Nice to meet you. As the Master had granted approval to your request,  I will be guiding you to the Swordsmith Village."

They each return the bow before introducing themselves.

Tanjiro: "Nice to meet you! I'm Tanjiro Kamado! Thank you for taking me!"

Y/N: "Y/N. Nice to meet you."

Guide: "As your guide, I cannot tell you my name. But I do look forward to serving you."

Y/N: "...Serving makes it sound wrong, but please continue."

The Guide hands both Tanjiro and Y/N a folded up blindfold with earplugs.

Guide: "Before we get going, put these on."

Tanjiro: "What are they?"

Guide: "A blindfold and earplugs. The Village is hidden, and to ensure it stays that way, we must take these precautions. Also...I will be carrying you on my back."

Y/N: "...How are you going to carry both of us?"

Guide: "Master Ubuyashiki insisted you could follow without much issue, so I will trust his words."

Y/N: (Master Ubuyashiki is giving me special treatment again. Just like 'Him.')

Guide: "As for you, Kamado. You're known to have an acute sense of smell, so you'll use these nose plugs."

Y/N: "Tanjiro. Give me your hand."

Tanjiro: "Uhm...where are you??"

Y/N: "Oh come on."

Y/N walks over and makes a ring out of his blood before putting it on Tanjiro's finger, which he surprisingly didn't react to.

Y/N: "There. Now I can follow you."

Shortly after familiarizing themselves with their limited senses, Tanjiro awkwardly climbs on the Guide's back, who almost immediately starts jogging down the road, while Y/N follows purely based on the location of the ring.

The three girls bid them farewell as they get further and further away, before realizing something.
.
.
.
"HE FORGOT HIS SWORD!"
________________________________

Turns out, Ubuyashiki REALLY doesn't want this place to be found out, as it takes a lot of confusing turns, guide switching, and crow following to reach it.

After multiple stops, long conversations, and that one time where one of the crows decided he need a secluded area to use the bathroom, Tanjiro and Y/N finally managed to make it to the Village.

"I'm going to remove these now."

The final Kakushi that had carried Tanjiro took off their blindfolds, allowing them to admire what looked to be a village hidden by beautiful mountains and forests.

Y/N: "This is...different than what I was expecting."

Tanjiro: "Wow! These buildings are amazing!"

Guide#??: "Everyone who comes here says the same."

Tanjiro: "And this smell...is that a hot spring?"

Guide#??: "Yes, there's a hot spring nearby. Please use it later to refresh yourself!-"

Y/N: "Where is it? Just the general direction will do. I need to decompress after that one guy wouldn't shut up about his ex."

Guide#??: "Well, that sounds like a good idea, but first, if you go straight and turn left at the end of the street, you'll find the chief's home. Please go there to greet him before doing anything else."

Y/N: "And the spring??"

Guide#??: "W-well...afterwards, you can head down that road to find the stairs leading up to the hot-"

Y/N: "Introduce us both to the chief for me. I'm going to go relax."

Guide#??: "Wait!"

Before she could even finish that one word, Y/N was already gone.

Guide#??: "Wow...he's fast."

Tanjiro: "I'm so sorry about him. He's just like this sometimes..."

Guide#??: "I'll be taking my leave now. But I wish you the best!"

Tanjiro: "Thank you very much!"

The two bow to each other before continuing with their day. Meanwhile....
________________________________

After only about a minute of running, Y/N's hears what sounds like...

Y/N: (Was that a sigh?-Is someone else here??)

Y/N slows down and nervously steps towards the sound, only to find what looks to be an empty hot spring.

Y/N: "Hm? I really thought I heard someone..."

Y/N let his guard down under the assumption that he was alone, only to hear a voice.

"Oh, hello! Did you come to enjoy the hot spring too?"

Y/N's eyes shoot open as he reflexively turns to face the voice, only to be met by Mitsuri, standing near the edge of the hot spring, completely nude and making no effort to cover herself.

After a few seconds of the two looking at each other, Y/N turns around before deciding to break the silence.

Y/N: "...Tell me when you're done."

Mitsuri: "Oh, I'm sorry...are you uncomfortable with me being here? I can leave, if that would be better! I think I was almost done anyway!"

Y/N: "It's not that I'm uncomfortable. Just don't want to bother you."

Mitsuri: "You're not a bother! If you need to use the hot springs then don't worry about me!"

Y/N: "As much as I'd love to relax after walking several hours and listening to some idiot complain so loudly I could hear him through my earplugs, I'll have to decline..."

Mitsuri: "Uhm..I-if my being here is making you uncomfortable, Y-you can say it..you don't have to dance around your point. I promise I won't be offended!"

Suddenly, Y/N turns around a to face her.

Y/N: "Trust me. If you were making me uncomfortable, you'd know. Given that I have no interest in you or your features, it's actually rather difficult to feel uncomfortable around you, especially with your attitude. It's just-"

Mitsuri gasps as if she just discovered something groundbreaking, before giggling and sinking back into the hot spring.

Mitsuri: "I think I get what's going on...You're embarrassed!"

Y/N: "I-I didn't say that! Where'd you get that from!?"

Mitsuri: "It was just a guess! But seeing how defensive you got, I take it I was right?"

Y/N stumbles over his words, desperately trying to find some way to save him his dignity, only to sigh in defeat.

Mitsuri: "You really ARE embarrassed! I can't believe it! You can look Shinazugawa in the eye and not even flinch, but sharing a hot spring is where you draw the line?"

Y/N: "Hey! Don't judge me! You'd be embarrassed if you were in my situation too!"

Mitsuri: "Okay, okay! How about this. There's plenty of space over there. If it makes you embarrassed, I won't interact with you in any way."

Y/N: "....Promise you'll close your eyes and won't look."

Mitsuri: "You have my word!"

Mitsuri replied with a slightly serious, but still friendly tone, before closing her eyes.
________________________________

The first few minutes were awkward...the silence was so loud even Zenitsu could have heard it. But after a little talking, despite Mitsuri saying she wouldn't interact with him, the two got along quite well.

Y/N: "And then he just walks out, like he didn't just lose a hand like, two days ago!"

Mitsuri: "Really?? Hm...Mr. Uzui's more resilient than I thought!"

Y/N: "Okay, my turn for a question. Why is your hair like that? It can't be natural."

Mitsuri: "Uhm...w-well, you see, I wouldn't want to bore you, it's a bit of a long story!"

Y/N: "Unless you haven't noticed, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Now, spill it!"

Mitsuri: "N-no, I really don't think you'd like it-"

Y/N: "I think I can handle a little boredom. I don't see why it's such a big deal-"

Mitsuri: "I ate too much mochi...."

Afyer a few seconds of stunned silence, Y/N bursts into laughter.

Y/N: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Mitsuri: "Not funny! It was really scary at first!"

Y/N: "W-wait, so-*SNORT* You ate so much mochi, your hair started turning pink. But you looked in the mirror, SAW YOUR HAIR TURNING PINK and thought....'This is fine.'"

Mitsuri: "Yes! I couldn't help myself, it was really good!"

Y/N just laughs louder, causing Mitsuri to join him.

Mitsuri: "Okay, maybe it is a little funny!"

The two slowly stopped laughing before realizing it was starting to get dark.

Mitsuri: "Oh...I didn't notice it was already so late. I should really go."

Y/N: "I think I'm going to stay a bit longer."

Mitsuri leaves the hot spring (After getting dressed, of course.) while Y/N closes his eyes and sinks into the water. It was like being massaged by thousands of really tiny hands, which sounds weird, but feels nice.

This continued for quite a while, with Y/N just enjoying the sounds of nature while taking his time relaxing so much that he almost fell asleep...until his body suddenly goes from relaxed to defensive.

Y/N: (My body just reacted to someone. What is this feeling..if feels familiar...but completely different at the same time.)

As Y/N tries to calm himself down, he spots a man walking up to the hot spring. The two soon lock eyes, and the man scoffs.

Y/N: (Scared face, shitty attitude, and looks almost exactly like...oh no...)

???: "Tch. Of course someone else is here. And it had to be you..."

Y/N: "I take it you're Genya."

Genya just glares at him.

Y/N: "Tanjiro told me about you once. You've got a rather unique face, so it wasn't hard to notice you."

Y/N: (Why won't my body calm down? Is this guy stronger than he looks? No...Tanjiro appearently broke his arm before, he can't be that strong. So why is my body treating him like a threat?)

Genya, pretending Y/N doesn't exist, undresses and steps into the hot spring with his back tuned to him.
________________________________

It had been a little while since Genya joined Y/N in the hot spring. Y/N didn't mind Genya's presence, as he was quiet and seemed to ignore him. But every few seconds, Genya throws something, and everytime it hits either the ground or a tree, it sounds like pebbles. It was starting to get on his nerves. Until a voice rings out, catching their attention.

"Genya Shinazugawa!"

Genya immediately turns towards the voice, which happened to be Tanjiro, and shouted at him.

Genya: "DIE!"

Tanjiro, in response, sets the Nezuko Box down, strips, and jumps into the water with DETERMINATION!

Genya: "Huh...?"

Tanjiro sinks and pops his head out of the water near Genya, attempting to greet him.

Tanjiro: "Long time no see! How have you been? I meant to ask, but are you and the Wind Hashira related?!"

Genya, obviously not wanting to talk to Tanjiro, shoves his head underwater.

Genya: "STOP TALKING TO ME, DAMNIT!"
________________________________

Genya left shortly after that, fed up with Y/N and Tanjiro's existence, leaving just the two of them and Nezuko with the hot spring to themselves.

Tanjiro: "And here I though we could bond in our nakedness..."

Y/N: "Wrong kind of bonding, Tanjiro."

Tanjiro: "Making new friends sure is tough."

Y/N: "...Not really. You're just really bad at picking the right people."

Tanjiro: "....Didn't you get into a fight with Shinazugawa the first day you met?"

Y/N: "...Well played. I'm honestly surprised that I survived that. Almost like the author needed a bullshit excuse for me to survive in the sun while also having unreasonable beef with Sanemi."

Tanjiro: "The author? Like...author of a story??"

Y/N: "What? What are you talking about, Tanjiro?"

Tanjiro: "I-I thought I heard you say-never mind. It's not important."
________________________________

Tanjiro and Y/N eventually made thair way back to the village, with Y/N feeling so relaxed that he ended up tripping into the dining room, face planting and worrying both Tanjiro and Mitsuri, who was peacefully eating her food before hearing a sudden thud.

Tanjiro/Mitsuri: "A-are you okay??"

Y/N just gives them a thumbs up as he slowly rolls onto his back.

Tanjiro: "I think you might have stayed in the hot spring for too long."

Y/N slowly gets back onto his feet before wobbling over to the table and taking a seat one space away from Mitsuri, so Tanjiro could sit between them.

Y/N: "No idea...what you're talking about."

Suddenly, 4 Kakushi, each holding outrageous amounts of food, walk over to Y/N and place all of it in front of him.

Tanjiro: "That's...a lot of meat..."

Y/N: "And it's going to be gone in five minutes!"

Mitsuri: "Oh! We can have a race!"

Y/N: "....No offense...but I highly doubt you'd be able to beat me."

Mitsuri's eyes light up as she smiles, clearly ready for the challenge.

Y/N: "Okay, fine! Tanjiro! You'll be the judge! Whoever finishes first wins!"

Tanjiro: "Wait wha-"

Y/N/Mitsuri: "THREE, TWO, ONE, GO!"
________________________________

Y/N: "Under no circumstances...could I have expected this outcome.."

Mitsuri: "I won!"

Tanjiro: "Wow! That was impressive!"

Mitsuri: "You think so? I really only nibbled today!"

Y/N: "There's no way you're human. I refuse to believe it."

Mitsuri: "Believe it or not, I take that as a compliment!"

Y/N: "Of cou you do-"

"HEY! WHO'S CROW IS THIS??"

Y/N: "Oh no....Please don't be En, please don't be En, please don't be-"

Suddenly a female crow flies into the dining room, holding something that's wrapped in a long white cloth.
(Unsure if I'd mentioned this before, but Y/N's crow's name is Kuro.)

Y/N: "Oh thank you, Kuro! Thank you so much!"

Kuro: "CAW!"

Kuro drops drops the wrapped item on Y/N's head before softly landing near Tanjiro, who notices the letter attached to her foot.

Y/N: "OW! WHY IS IT HARD?!"

Tanjiro: "What's this?"

Tanjiro unties the letter and begins to read it out loud.

Dear Y/N.

Naho, Sumi, and Kiyo thought you might need this, so they used Aoi's crow to bring it to you, but it found me on accident. I'm also using this opportunity to ask that you take care of yourself and try not to cause problems for the Kakushi or Swordsmiths at the village.

P.S. The reason why your crow is bringing you this, and not Aoi, is because your crow seems to like spending time with En, so she's been with me since I left for my mission. I did not take her. I know you're thinking I did.

Love, Shinobu Kocho~

Tanjiro: "What was in the cloth?"

Y/N, who was still eating the last of what used to be a mountain of food, turns to Tanjiro.

Y/N: "Oh, it was just Rengoku's sword and a cleaning kit. I guess I kind of forgot it."

Mitsuri: "Oh! That reminds me! How far have you come with your Flame Breathing?"

Y/N: "Well...I'm able to use the Ninth Form consistently now...but I don't know how well I can connect two or even three forms. I was hoping to give it a try tomorrow morning."

Mitsuri: "Good! Now...could I see your rank?"

Y/N: "Yeah? I don't see why not...though, I feel you might be a bit disappointed. I was only at Tsuchinoto a couple of months ago."

Y/N holds his hand out to Mitsuri before saying the required phrase.

Y/N: "Show me my rank."

Mitsuri: "Oh..."

Tanjiro, growing curious, leans over to take a look as well, only to have a similar reaction.

Y/N: "See? Told you you'd be disappointed. It was only two months. And I didn't do anything for most of it."

Mitsuri and Tanjiro smile, leaving Y/N a bit confused.

Mitsuri: "You know, I think you underestimate yourself too much. A lot can happen in only two months."

Y/N: "What?"

Tanjiro: "Look at your rank."

Y/N observes his hand, expecting to have ranked up due to their reactions, only to realize he'd gone up three. He'd jumped from Tsuchinoto, to Kinoto.

Y/N: "Oh."

Mitsuri: "Something tells me we might be getting a new Flame Hashira!"

Y/N's eyes widen as he gives it some though. Could he really replace Rengoku? Would that be an insult to his memory?

Tanjiro: "Congratulations!"

Y/N: "Y-yeah..."

Tanjiro, noticing Y/N's mood shift, decides to change the subject.

Tanjiro: "I almost forgot! That guy you met earlier when you were leaving the hot spring was Genya Shinazugawa, who was my fellow swordsman."

Mitsuri: "What? Really? That would make him Mr. Shinazugawa's younger brother, right? But he said he didn't have a younger brother...I wonder if they're on bad terms...that just heart-wrenching..."

Tanjiro: "Is that right? I wonder why..."

Y/N hesitated on telling them what he felt when Genya first entered the hot spring, but decided not to. He hadn't reached a concrete answer yet, so it'd be best to avoid making assumptions.

Nezuko, hearing the conversation, crawls out from under the table before going over to Mitsuri.

Nezuko: "Mmm..?"

Mitsuri: "Oh, what is it, Nezuko?"

Mitsuri began playing with Nezuko, tickling her sides and playing with her hands.

Mitsuri: "There, there!...There are five of us siblings in my family, and we all get along...so it's a bit hard for me to fathom. I thought, 'Those Shinazugawa brothers are scary!'"

Y/N: "I noticed something weird. Genya isn't here."

Tanjiro: "You're right...Genya isn't here yet. I was hoping we could at least have a talk.."

Nezuko begins to hug Mitsuri while she pats her head like an older sister, which causes Y/N to chuckle a bit.

Mitsuri: "Oh, I don't think he's coming. I heard the villagers say he never takes meals."

Y/N: "Never takes-....."

Y/N mutters to himself as Mitsuri continues.

Mitsuri: "I wonder if he brought something with him..."

Tanjiro: "I hope he's okay. I'll bring him some rice-balls later."

Mitsuri: "Good idea! Let's do that!"

Y/N: "I don't think thats-"
________________________________

Y/N: "-A great idea! Not like he tried to drown you or anything. Definitely a wonderful, safe, thoughtful idea!"

Mitsuri: "Oh, no need to be so pessimistic! It'll be fine! I bet he'll appreciate it."

Mitsuri was walking in front holding hands with Nezuko, while Tanjiro and Y/N followed, Tanjiro holding a tray with rice-balls, tea, and two lemon slices. (Don't actually know if they were, just figured since lemon is commonly paired with tea, it would fit.)

Mitsuri: "Nezuko, Nezuko!"

Nezuko: "Mm!"

Mitsuri: "You know what? The sight of these rice-balls is making me hungry again, but don't tell anyone, okay?"

Nezuko: "Mmm."

Tanjiro: "Ms. Kanroji? Why did you join the Demon Slayer Corps?"

Y/N: "I also wanted to know, but going off of your personality, I think I have a pretty good idea..."

Mitsuri: "Hmm? Me?"

Mitsuri suddenly stops and starts wiggling around for some reason, leaving Nezuko to sit in the middle of the walkway.

Mitsuri: "Oh, this is so embarrassing! Oh dear, what should I do?! You want to hear? Well, it's...To find the gentleman with whom I'd be spending eternity!"

Y/N: "Knew it."

Mitsuri: "I mean, any girl would prefer someone stronger than herself, right? Because we want to be protected! Do you know what I mean?! Oh, but I guess it's hard for a boy to understand...See, Hashira are powerful, right? But it's not like you can just meet up with one! So I knew I'd have to become a Hashira myself, and I worked really, really hard!"

Y/N: "You...are crazy."

The three continue walking until they come up to a dark open room.

Mitsuri: "Aw...Genya doesn't seem to be here..."

"Lady Kanroji."

Before they could continue their scavenger hunt for Genya, a Kakushi walks up to Mitsuri.

Kakushi: "They'll be done honing you sword soon. We'd like you to come to the workshop to make some final adjustments."

Mitsuri: "Oh my, looks like I have to go now."

Tanjiro: "Oh, don't mind us! I'd be happy to walk you over."

Mitsuri: "That's all right. I'll probably be leaving in the middle of the night."

Nezuko: "Mmm...."

Tanjiro: "Oh, but..."

Mitsuri: "Tanjiro...we might not live to see each other again...but let's fight the good fight! You both took on an Upper Rank Demon and survived. That kind of experience is priceless! Nothing can ever too what you've learned from firsthand experience. It's equal to five..no, ten years of hard training."

Mitsuri kneels down to give Nezuko another headpat.

Mitsuri: "Right now, you're far stronger than you ever were before..."

After saying her goodbye to Nezuko, Mitsuri stands up and give the two a smile.

Mitsuri: "Mitsuri Kanroji is rooting you!"

Tanjiro: "....Thank you very much! But I've still got a long ways to go...Mr. Uzui just let us take the spotlight, that's all! I'll make sure I work even harder! To defeat Muzan Kibutsuji!"

Y/N: "....You're wrong, by the way."

Suddenly the focus is shifted onto Y/N.

Y/N: "I know you're taught to expect death at every corner, because that's what happens sometimes. Demon Slayers die. Hashira's get replaced. But you're wrong. I'll make sure that no one else has to die for you to finally enjoy the life you were given. No matter what or who stands in my way, I'll see to it that no more Hashira have to die like Kyojuro did. You have my word."

Y/N snaps himself out of his monolog when he noticed he was starting to get weird looks from everyone else.

Y/N: "W-what? Did I say something wrong...?"

Mitsuri decides to break the silence by descending into a fit of giggling.

Mitsuri: "I never knew you had such conviction! Oh! You've been granted permission for a longer stay, right?"

Y/N: "No idea."

Tanjiro: "Ah! Yes, we have...or at least that's what I was told..."

For some reason, the Kakushi began squirming just like Mitsuri was a few moments ago, and Mitsuri runs over to the two before pulling them closer to her.

Mitsuri: "They say there's a secret weapon somewhere in this village that will make you stronger. Try to find it, okay?"

Mitsuri runs down the hall with the Kakushi while waving to goodbye to the three of them, which Nezuko returns with a sad look on her face.

Mitsuri: "Bye now!"

Nezuko: "Mmmm...."

Y/N: "A secret weapon? What do you think that's about?"

Tanjiro sits there in stunned silence before quickly handing the tray to Y/N as fountains of blood start pouring out of his nose.

Tanjiro passed out shortly after, forcing Y/N to leave the tray in what he assumed was Genya's room, before picking up Tanjiro while Nezuko climbs onto his back, allowing him to take both of them to their room.
________________________________

(That turned out longer than I expected! I hope I did a good job making Y/N and Mitsuri friendly with each other while also not being too comfortable.)

(Oh, and I have a little surprise for the next chapter regarding Y/N and what he's truly capable of :)

6041 Words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.6K 30
[COMPLETED.] kimetsu no yaiba x reader oneshots sugar, spice, and everything nice. want to have a taste? 💓 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ "DISCLAIMER:" NO NSFW; ...
63.7K 1K 28
Y/n L/n is a half human half demon and chooses to use his power to help the demon slayer corps on his journey he met a young man named Tanjiro Kamado...
168 0 13
WARNING: A lot of Manga Spoilers The story of Renguko Kyojuro and Hanae Nishimura (MYOC) of how they have become the Pillars of the Demon Slayer Corp...
2K 55 12
Before Hikaru, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke leave the wisteria house to Mt Natagumo they are brought to a field and told they are going to re...