tough love ; jack gilinsky

By nagrom_

Meredith is a hot tempered rich teenager, who doesn't like to be told what to do. But when she's forced to wo... More

i n t r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e

t w e n t y - f i v e

4.6K 78 10
By nagrom_

m e r e d i t h

It's been three days and Ryan still hasn't called me. I told him to call me as soon as he got there.

At first I thought well he's probably super busy getting things ready for the semester and I wasn't really worrying about it. But now I don't know what to think.

-

It was the middle of the night, like two am or something and my phone started ringing. So I reached over to my bedside table to answer it. Addie was away for the weekend so I didn't have to worry about waking her up.

"Hello?"

"Meredith? Hi, it's Tara."

"Er, hi. What the hell do you want? It's two in the morning."

"It's Ryan. He's in the hospital. You need to come, now."

"What the hell happened?"

"He was in a car accident, please just hurry up and get here."

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

I quickly threw a hoodie on and went to Jack's apartment; Addie isn't here so she can't take me. I pounded on the door and a very sleepy looking Jack answered.

"Mer? What the hell?" He said rubbing his eyes.

"No time, I need you to drive me to the hospital. It's Ryan." I said starting to tear up. Christ, I cry too much. He went to grab his keys and followed me out the door.

The ride to the hospital was silent. I couldn't say anything. The only thing running through my mind was what happened to Ryan. Is he alive? Is he dead? Is he in a coma? So many things.

Jack and I walked inside, and I just clung onto his arm. I was beyond nervous. Tara texted me the room they were in and we went up to it. Her and my dad were standing outside, my dad looked so stressed out. And a different stressed out than usual. I rushed over to them.

"What the fuck happened?" I shouted.

"He was in some sort of car accident, but he won't tell anyone how it exactly happened. You see, he has some sort of amnesia. So he can't remember anything. So we were hoping that since you are his twin, he might remember something and tell you." Tara explained.

"Well, if I'm you're only hope at the moment. Let's do it." I sighed going over to the door. I put my hand on the doorknob.

"Mer? You ready?" Jack said from behind me.

"I guess." I said before slowly opening the door. Where Ryan was lying on the bed watching tv.

"Er, hi." He said looking at Jack and I.

"You don't remember me. Do you?" I asked.

"No sorry." He said with sad eyes. I looked at Jack with the same look.

"Well, I'm Meredith and this is my boyfriend Jack." I introduced us; Jack smiled to himself when I called him my boyfriend.

"Nice to meet you guys." Ryan said diverting his attention back to the tv.

I couldn't help myself but quietly cry to myself, my twin brother doesn't know who I am. That hurts so damn much.

"Come on, I'm bringing you home." Jack whispered and we walked back into the hallway.

"Anything?" My dad asked. I shook my head. "I guess you can go home, I'll call if there's any news. And Jack, please make sure she gets some sleep. I know she doesn't sleep well when she's stressed out."

"Will do Mr. Skye." Jack said before leading me back outside.

Once we were back at the apartment Jack let me stay at his place, I wanted to go to my own bed but he wanted to stay with me but since my good old twin bed doesn't fit the both of us.

I laid down burying my face in a pillow, still sobbing. I couldn't believe it, it still doesn't feel real.

"Mer, please stop crying. I hate seeing you cry." Jack said rubbing my back.

"I can't. I physically can't, you don't understand how much this fucking hurts. Knowing your own twin, the person who I knew wouldn't leave me is gone, and may never ever come back." I cried.

"In that case, just cry your little heart out, I'm not gonna stop you." He said pulling me close to him.

"Thank you." I sniffled.

So, that's what I did all night, quietly crying to myself. Jack never fell asleep, he stayed awake the whole time. Making sure I was okay.

I eventually got out of bed the next day, in a sluggish mood. Not really wanting to do anything too spectacular.

Jack was sleeping when I decided to get up, I thought I should leave him be. I mean he didn't sleep at all last night. The least I could do was let him have some peace. So I quietly tiptoed out of his room, and out of the apartment and back to mine.

"Meredith, there you are!" Addie exclaimed running over to me.

"I thought you weren't coming back until Sunday afternoon, what are you doing back?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"I heard about your brother, and as soon as I heard I rushed back here. I know you have Jack and stuff, but you can only spend so much time with Jack. So today will be a best friend bonding day." She cheered. I didn't say anything. I just hugged her. Not wanting to let go.

"Addie, I'm so happy I get to call you my best friend. You don't understand how much you mean to me." I said into her shoulder.

"I know, I know." She said hugging me tighter.

-

Addie made me turn my phone off for the entire day, she wanted me to just enjoy myself. Which I did, we just kinda walked around downtown shopping and whatnot.

So when we got home I could finally check my phone. I had one message from my dad.

papa skye: no news on ryan, they said if he doesn't start remembering things on his own they'll have to start some sort of treatment to help him.

meredith: um, okay. that sucks. i'll be by tomorrow and then i have to get back to work starting monday, so i might swing by around sevenish on monday.

papa skye: okay sounds good. and meredith?

meredith: yes dad?

papa skye: i love you, so much.

meredith: i love you too dad.

That was the first time my dad said I love you to me in over two years, even though it was just a text message it meant so much more to me than that. But as much as it meant to me, it just made me so upset. So as per my new usual, I started crying. Addie heard me and came and sat next to me.

"Hold on, I'll be back in a sec." She said swiftly before leaving, um okay. She came back a couple minutes later. With Jack. Addie went off into her room and Jack sat next to me. He put one arm around me and kissed my forehead softly. He didn't bother trying to talk to me because he knew I wouldn't say anything. We stayed this way for the next half an hour, in complete and utter silence.

"Hold, on I know what'll cheer you up." He stood up and went into the kitchen. I slowly laid down sighing to myself.

He returned about ten minutes later, placing a cup of tea on the coffee table. I sat up, grabbing the cup. I sat back putting my feet on the couch, wrapping my arms around my legs holding the tea. I looked over to Jack and smiled.

"So," He kissed me. "You ready to talk?" I nodded.

"It's my dad, it's just he told me that he loved me earlier. And he hasn't said that to me in over two years. I don't know it just really really made me upset for some reason. I can't explain it. I just can't." I sighed.

j a c k

There are so many things I could say to Meredith, but nothing came out. Whatever I said wouldn't be enough to help her.

The world is full of broken things: broken hearts, broken promises and broken people.

Meredith is just one of those people.

But one thing I've learned from her is that some broken things stay broken, and I've learned that you can get through bad times and keep looking for better ones, as long as you have people that love you.

Meredith has so many people around her who care about her, she just needs to realize it. She's never been so cared about in her entire life.

And I love Meredith so goddamn much, and I want to try and help her.

But I've also heard one thing, just to be careful when trying to fix a broken person. For you may cut yourself, on their shattered pieces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 4.3K 35
This story is about a girl that happens to be Jack Johnson's little sister. She soon graduates college at age 16 and gets to know Jack Gilinsky a lit...
200K 2.7K 42
Cali Smith finishes summer and goes back to Edgerton High. Little did she know that she would meet this one guy named Jack Gilinsky, who is apparentl...
1.2M 16.2K 60
COMPLETED- ignore the mistakes, I'm fixing those. First book of series Well this is a magcon fan fiction... Jack Gilinsky's younger sister Samantha...
103K 3K 24
Loosely based on 50 shades of grey. Jack Johnson gets a job working with Jack Gilinsky. They start off as co-workers but what happens when they star...