Mortem

By mfcbaldwin

[[My old description has been removed because it makes my story seem like crap. I'm having someone else write... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen; before - Breezewood, North Carolina
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One // Before
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Mortem - Deleted Scenes Part One

Chapter Ten

18 3 0
By mfcbaldwin

"Eleanor. Eleanor Halewood. What a lovely surprise," I turn around, my brown hair sticking to the sides of my face that are sweating. Where am I? I question myself. A fear arises in my head- the dream, Levi's brother, the old man.

"I can hear your thoughts, Eleanor," the male voice chuckles, "I know your afraid. And your fear is what I feed off of."

"Who are you!" I scream into the black darkness. My voice sounding more of a command than a question, "Where are you!"

"I'm in your head, Eleanor. You're weak. You're too easy and yet your species is supposed to be powerful," his crooked laugh echoes around me and I drop to me knees.

"Get out!" I scream grabbing the sides of my head.

"Your father struggled too, but sooner or later I'll break down every wall in your mind and I'll be able to control the way you think.

"Don't you dare talk about my father when you're a monster! You killed him didn't you?" I'm close to tears. I can't even trust my own mind anymore, and I can't tell the difference from my voice and my thoughts.

"I didn't kill him. I was a pursuer of your father's death, but I wasn't the one who grabbed his soul and take it away. That would be your friend, Levi," another laugh echoes and I drop to the ground completely, sobbing through the mess of my hair.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I finally loose it and scream with all my might and-

A strong pair of arms takes hold of me behind as I scream. My scream softens as I see the details of my room coming into view. I turn myself around slowly to find Levi. Shock travels throughout my body like a wave. Fear overwhelms me as I think of the voice echoing along nothing. That would be your friend, Levi. A memory glues to my brain as if I will never be able to erase those exact words.

"How did you get in?" I say shakily.

"You should really get a better lock on the front door," I give a little laugh remembering how hard it was for me to get into the house my first day here.

"I had a nightmare," I state the obvious.

"I heard you," he presses his lips to my cheek gently.

"How?" I ask confused.

"I heard you screaming and your sobs inside my own dream. I came here hoping you weren't in any real danger," he kisses my cheek, edging closer to my lips.

"It wasn't just a nightmare. It was so real-" I'm cut off by his lips landing on mine.

"Don't worry, you're safe. Remember? I have your back," he pauses, "and I hope you have mine."

"Of course I do. In the dream- nightmare," I correct myself, "there was an edgy voice and it was telling me that I was weak and that I would be controlled soon like what happened to my father and then he-he said you took my father's soul away."

"It was a nightmare, Princess. You're safe," he reassures me and I give in. Just a nightmare, I think to myself, just a nightmare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 309 38
heya! so I just want to say that this is just a story I wrote on quotev and decided to put it here as well and that's all! enjoy the book Sincerely,M...
717 22 28
HIGHEST RANKING: 303 IN SCIENCE FICTION Isaac Crowley is your average 15 year old boy. He is a sophomore in high school, plays sports, and hangs out...
636K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
278 11 23
Spencer Smith started out as a normal high school student like most do and like most do she met a boy only he's not really a boy since he's twenty. T...