Evanescent

By essential_snow28

Isabelle Gilmore Hayden is a brilliantly talented woman, that's has overcome any family struggles to get wher... More

Cast
Personal ID
A Hard Days Night
zooming through season one
Addison
Friend
Trains
The Happy Couple
Lets toast to Life
Where are you Christmas?
Sutures
The end of the world
Markie
A string of Chaos
Promises are a joke
Melodious
Nancy Pants
A whisper to a Scream
The Numbness of Searing Pain
Stone Cold
Time After Time
We almost had it all...
A Change is Gonna Come
Heart of The matter
Crash into me
Hello Huntzberger
Freedom
Mom?
It must help that I'm so... hot
Wish you were here/Stairway to Heaven

Dream a Little Dream Of Me

639 19 4
By essential_snow28

We all remember stories of his childhood ... The glass slipper of Cinderella, The Toad turning into a prince, The Sleeping Beauty awakened by a kiss Once upon a time ... And they lived happy forever ... Fairy tales, the subject of dreams . The problem is that it is never real It's the other stories, those that start with a dark stormy night and ends so atrocious, These are the nightmares that always seem to come true.

Meredith runs into the hospital after getting a phone call about Derek Being in an accident. She is frantic," What is happening?"

Cristina looks at her solemnly," The bus before it hit a telephone pole He tried to avoid it, but ..."

Meredith runs to see him," Is it serious?

She stops in her tracks to see Isabelle sobbing on the ground, hands on her face, and knees to her chest.

Cristina looks at her," Meredith, We must be strong"

Meredith looks to see Derek in asystole," Derek! No! No! No! No! Derek! No! No! Derek!Derek!"

The person who coined the phrase: "and they lived happily ever after" deserves a big kick in the ass ...

Meredith wakes up with a start trying to catch her breath.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are all crowded around the Nurses station trying to see this years results on our hospitals ranking, I am sitting their anxious but also quite tired from working the past 22 hours.

Bailey is sitting at the counter as everyone hovers, Derek goes up real close to her and she snaps,"You Get out my comic oxygen"

Derek sighs and reaches for the computers mouse, "I try to see"

Bailey slaps his hand away," There's nothing to see yet"

Hahn inserts herself into the conversation, " It had to be there at 16 pm"

Mark looks at his watch,": It is 4:15 p.m."

Cristina moves in to see if she will have the magic touch to make it work," Yes Supports on refresh, you must refresh the page"

Bailey gets irritated," That's what I do every 10 seconds. Wait... nothing"

Everybody groans as me and Merdith walk to the nurses station joining everybody.

I slowly ask,"There's still nothing?"

Bailey shakes her head, "No"

Derek looks up at her and gives a lovesick smiles,"hello"

Meredith smiles back,"Hi"

Alex joins us," There's nothing yet?"

Bailey," No! wait!"

Mark gives his input,"Think we move up a slot.Pass Hopkins, move to number one."

Derek says," Not passing Hopkins. We'll stay two."

Hahn disagrees,"Mayo could surge ahead. We'd be three."

Derek scoffs,"Three? Pessimist."

She counters,"Realist. Rankings of teaching hospitals change based on any number of things.

Mark nods,"Three's top five.l can live with three.

Alex decides to speak again," Hit the refresh button."

Bailey shakes," Stay back! I am doing this."

Izzie joins with a smile," Hey, there's nothing yet?"

We all groan,"No" I put my head on the hand yawning.

Izzie acts like she has all the solutions saying,"then just update"

Bailey looks at everyone," I do not stop ... okay, come on everybody emerges.Lapping stop, stop speculating Ranking will be published when it will be, I can not help it when it gets here, I will tell you far and clear, leave me alone I .."

Meredith shouts with a smile," Its up!"

We all lean in and listen as Bailey says,"Oh, number one, hopkins. Number two, mayo.

Hahn smirks," told you."

Bailey continues reading," Three, cleveland clinic?"

We all look surprised and Derek voices what we are all thinking," What?"

Bailey looks worried," Four, Mass Gen."

Cristina looks frustrated,"What? We moved down to five."

Bailey sulks," No we are not five."

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am walking down the hallway with Meredith and Christina, our interns trailing behind us. I currently am angry at our ranking.

Lexie runs up out of breath and looks at me,"Oh! Hey, sorry l'm late. l was just helping..."

I calmly say, "No talking unless it's medical." making her fall into the crowd with the rest of the interns.

Meredith looks at us for answers,"So l keep having the dream.The Derek is dead dream."

I wrinkle my nose and say,"Morbid"

Christina is upset with me as well, "Know who does residencies at number 1 2 hospitals?"

I answer, "Losers. And we are not a losers."

I look at my interns angrily and snap at them," Well dont stand around like incompetent idiots, go get the charts."

They scamper off and Chrisitna laughs saying," Man why you so snappy today. I mean im all here for it though."

I scowl and say, " I have not ate since the beginning of my shift yesterday, and am now working overtime for who knows why."

Meredith and Christina nod as if that makes complete sense and Meredith continues talking about the dream,"So the dream is about me being afraid of the house of candles, taking the big step. And l'm afraid of having a happy ending."

I chuckle, " dream analyst meredith."

Christina contemplates,"l have a PhD in biochem. l am a double doctor. Double doctors should not do residencies at second rate hospitals."

I think for a second before getting angry and nodding, " Your right, I graduated form Yale, and then Harvard Medical School all before turning 24 years old. I got accepted into residencies like Mayo and Hopkins. I could be at a top one residency program in the country but I am stuck here."

Meredith,"Wyatt says l should just lean into the wind. lnto the fear. So l'm gonna ask Derek

to move in with me."

Christina ponders,"l could transfer. Cleveland Clinic has a huge cardio program."

I nod at her, the idea seems pretty good. I would be all for it if I did not have so many friends in Seattle.

Meredith says,"Still top 20. Pretty good."

I rebuttal," Pretty good is not enough."

Christina continues my thought,"l want to be great. Greatness."

I point at her in agreement.

Meredith uses that to switch back to her, " Which is why l'm going to ask Derek to move in with me. Just that's it's a big step. Don't wanna mess up, i've messed it up before...The break ups and the on and off again, and the sleeping with George."

All of a sudden Lexie speaks with alarm,"You slept with George?"

We all three stop and glare at her and she responds," No talking unless it's medical."

Meredith smiles," So, l'm just gonna do it. l'm gonna ask him to move in. You think it's the right thing?"

I all of a sudden get my pager to go off," urgh, baileys paging, just follow your heart Meredith."

I peel off from Meredith and Chrisitna and go down a different hallway my interns following me.

Lexie comes and stands next to me,"Uh, so, medically, Meredith and George had sexual intercourse?Uh, when? And how many times?"

I stop walking and give her a look of seriously, and shut up mixed together. She nods getting the hint and we continue our walk in silence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later I get paged to the Ambluance Bay, along the way I bump into Christina. Upon exiting I see Izze, Alex, Mer, and Dr.Bailey all shivering in the cold. I tie up Christina's gown as she does mine.

Christina speaks up,"What are we doing?"

Bailey turns to look a tus for a split second before staring back at the ambulance bay,"We're waiting."

I cautiously ask, "For?"

Meredith says," A miracle."

Bailey looks at her upset,"Someone will come."

Christinas slowly says, " Dr.Bailey, um...you know Mercy West is getting traumas first..."

Bailey cuts her off, "Someone'll come.

I look at her strangely, " Okay, so we are just here waiting in the hopes that someone on this cold night is severely injured. Wishing that they are so near death, that they have to be taken her by default due to us being closer than Mercy West."

Bailey responds," Yep."

Izzie chuckles," Wow. You and God are cool with that?"

Bailey purses her lips in realization, "Damn it. l forgot about God.

All right, let's just

go on back inside..."

As soon as we turn around we hear tires screeching and horns honking. We turn around and are met with a limo driving crazy, the windshield shattered as well.

Bailey gets in front of us all, "Go, go, go! Watch out!"

Meredith rushes to the drivers side, "Are you OK?"

A woman with red curly hair and an expensive evening gown steps out of the car, " l drove a limousine on ice! All by myself! Ten blocks!"

Izzie asks the passenger side, "You OK?"

Another woman in formal attire gets out and says, "My dress. There's blood all over my dress. What happened?"

The girl in curly hair says in shock, " l got us to the hospital in one piece."

Izzie talks to the passenger girl,"Try not to move. Sit until we can get you a wheelchair.

We need a wheelchair!"

As Meredith helps sit the curly haired girl into a wheelchair she says, "We're not the patients...

What's his name...? Benny... Billy."

I look at her confused, " Billy?"

The woman nods, "Our limo driver. He flew through the windshield."

I open the side door Bailey is right next to me to see another formal lady covered in blood, Billy unconscious on top of her.

The lady in the backseat says, "Help him, please."

I all of a sudden feel a rush of lightheadness and support myself against the car

Bailey looks to yang, "Uh, Yang, go around to the other side to help me."

Bailey starts yelling orders,"Get a board, bring out a gurney and a c-collar.:

-man grunted, " Wha..."

Christina goes to apply pressure and blood starts squirting everywhere so Bailey looks at her alarmed," Wha...? Press it. Press it."

As christina presses it I hear lots of yelling but yet I cant seem to see anything but complete darkness but the last thing I hear is, "Someone get Dr.Hayden-Gilmore a wheelchair now"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in a hospital bed with an iv in.

I groan," Shit, not again."

Dereks standing in the doorway, " Do I need to start like babysitting you so that you stop getting knocked out, drowning, or passing out. Like seriously Isabelle, how does this keep happening."

I shrug and start to get out of the bed, disconnecting myself from any monitors.

Derek steps into the room, " hey, hey, I asked a question. Why did you pass out."

I start to grab my stuff and turn away from him, " i forgot to eat okay."

I go to leave the room and derek grabs my wrist, " forgot to eat? Whens the last time you ate then?"

"I ate a banana before my last shift." I say.

He looks at me," Which was when...."

I whisper, " Over 24 hours ago."

Derek takes a deep breath, " Were you asking to pass out. You have been constantly moving. Your a doctor for gods sake, you know you need food. Now leave, go home, and get food and sleep."

I mock him as he talks as if I was a child, mouthing all his words sassily, before saying," Yeah yeah, whatever"

Derek comes up to me and hugs me, " not whatever, I care and doing things like that will either get you hurt or someone else."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I get home I do not listen to what Derek said at all and go straight for the phone and confront the one thing that is stuck in my mind.

I pick up the phone and dial a number that I have never called.

Ring.....

Ring.....

Ring.....

I hear a click as someone picks up the phone.

The other line is accented voice, " Hello?"

I gulp and sit in silence as I hear the other line sigh and repeat," Hello?"

I clear my throat and gather up the courage to ask a bold question, "Umm, hi. Is umm Lorelai Gilmore there?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 267 35
*EDITED* sequel to "always enough" when news comes that novella grace develops leukemia, cristina and owen must find a way to care for their child wi...
378K 7.6K 30
Sierra Gilmore: Twin Sister of Rory, Daughter of Lorelai, Girlfriend of Logan and Member of the Life and Death Brigade. With dreams to be an actress...
4.3K 167 25
Isabella De La Rosa Pascal is in for an all new journey. You thought the first half was crazy? Just you wait.
91.1K 1.8K 40
Now a Neurosurgeon fellow Dr. Sienna Connors is now looking for the perfect hospital to work at during her fellowship year and she hopes to become an...