The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176

14

1.9K 52 89
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

"Fuuuck." I groaned as Julia walked out of the house. I knew I was fucking up with her but I couldn't tell her I was occasionally talking to Sam.

She would freak the hell out about it because she thought it would put her and the kids in danger but after thinking about it, I just didn't think it was possible.

Sam wasn't being tracked at the moment and even if he talked on the phone with me, there was no way anyone would know where I was.

Plus, what was I to the crime world anyways?

As far as anyone was concerned I was dead.

Once I knew Julia was gone, I grabbed my phone and called Sam back.

"Hey, man." Sam answered as I sighed. "Hey." I said then went outside again. "What's going on?" Sam asked as I lit up a cigarette.

"Jules is pissed at me. She thinks I'm hiding something from her." I said as he chuckled.

"I mean, you are." He said as I rolled my eyes. "What she doesn't know won't hurt her." I said and looked up.

"What's going on in the interesting part of the world." I said as he chuckled.

"Same old same old. We have a couple events coming up. Gonna go to Vegas at some point since Kat has been itching for a vacation. Maybe if you bring Jules to Vegas we can bump into you." Sam said as I hummed.

"I'd love to go to Vegas but Julia has work and the kids are too young to leave alone." I said with a frown.

"Ah, forgot you're in total dad mode with those kids." He said as I nodded. "They're good kids most of the time." I said then stood up to go inside.

"That's good. What are you up to? Found a job yet?" Sam asked as I shook my head and went towards the kitchen.

"I've thought about joining a gang behind Julia's back. I miss the thrill." I said and put my phone on speaker phone so I could make a sandwich.

"You know that's not a good idea." Sam said as I groaned. "I'm just sick of being a little house boyfriend." I said causing him to laugh.

"What the fuck is that?" He asked with a laugh. "I don't know, man. I just stay at home all day then go pick up the kids and try to make dinner. I miss the drugs and the violence. I miss it so much." I said as my phone buzzed with an unknown number calling.

"Yeah, but Julia is worth it right? Seeing her safe and sound instead of being taken by dangerous gangs." Sam said as I nodded, declining the call.

"Yeah. I love her and she's in her prime here. The way she cares for those kids is so admirable. I just feel like I'm holding her back." I said with a sigh.

"Why do you say that?" Sam asked as my phone rang again, the caller unknown.

"I'm just a loser who has no real talents other than being a gang leader. It's the only thing I have ever been good at." I said and declined the call coming in.

"That's not true. Maybe go to college and get a business degree. You know how businesses work." Sam said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I'll think about it." I said quietly. "Good. I gotta go because Katrina wants to go shopping for Vegas. I'll call when I can." He said as I nodded.

"Talk to you later, man." I said then hung up the phone. I sighed then finished making my sandwhich before my phone started ringing again.

I rolled my eyes then finally answered it. "Hello?" I asked with a mildly annoyed tone. "Hi, is this Robert?" A woman asked as I scrunched my brow.

"Who's asking?" I asked and scrunched my brow.

"This is Elizabeth from the Dell Seton Medical Center. I'm calling in regards of Briana, Piper, Jackson, John, and Addie Wilson." She said as my heart dropped.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice cracking. "They've been in an accident and you're listed as the emergency contact. Is there any way you can come to the hospital, we need written consent for surgery of minors." She said as I bolted towards the door, grabbing my keys.

"I'm on my way." I said then hung up. My heart was racing as I ran to my car. If they needed written consent for the kids to have surgery that meant that Julia was either dead or severely injured.

I probably should have checked to see how many of the kids would need surgery and how bad the accident was but the only thing on my mind was getting to the hospital.

I got in my car then put the hospital into my gps before speeding off.

If there was one good thing about being an ex crime lord it was that I knew how to speed through traffic safely and efficiently.

When I got to the hospital I parked then ran inside. It was a trauma hospital which was hardly comforting but I made my way to the front desk.

"Can I help you, sir?" The lady behind the desk said as I nodded.

"Briana Wilson and her siblings." I said as the lady nodded. "Ah, yes. I need you to fill out this paper work then I can bring you back." She said then slid me a clipboard.

"Jackson and Piper have a few cuts and bruises that are being treated so you can go to their room." She explained. "What about the others?" I asked as she sighed.

"Someone will be in to speak with you as soon as possible." She said, which was a polite way to say 'I can't tell you that it's not looking good.'.

I turned and went to fill out the paperwork that was giving consent for Juniper to go into surgery. It said nothing about Sam but I had to assume he was more hurt than Jenna and Carter.

There was a pain in my chest as I filled out the paperwork. I should have gone with Julia to pick up the kids and I shouldn't have been pulling away from her.

I hated that she was right about that.

I didn't want to be to close to her right now because I felt guilty for going behind her back. I have been so lost lately but didn't want to admit it to her.

I wanted her to just be happy.

"Robert?" A woman asked as I looked up. "Come with me." She said as I stood up and made my way over to her.

As we walked I tried to keep myself as calm as possible. I didn't like hospitals nor did I really know anything about them.

When we were in the crime world, hospitals were like the plague. You avoided them at all costs because it was so easy to track hospital records.

In this moment I was glad we changed our names because it could put us in danger to have everyone in the hospital.

I guess it wouldn't matter if they were dead and injured to begin with.

We walked until the nurse opened a door, revealing Jenna and Carter sitting on a bed. They both looked disheveled and there were tear stains on their bruised cheeks.

"It's all our fault." Jenna said, her voice cracking as I walked over and hugged them. "What happened?" I asked as Jenna started to sob.

"We were fighting a-and it stressed her out." Carter said, his voice thick with tears.

"Okay, both of you take a big deep breath for me." I said and hugged them tightly.

Both of them were so distraught, which meant this accident had to have been pretty bad.

I heard the door close, which meant the nurse had left to give us a minute.

"Okay..tell me what happened. Do you know where the others are?" I asked and pulled away to look at them.

"Julia had a seizure while driving..we slammed into the concrete so fast." Carter said as Jenna cried.

"She wouldn't wake up." Carter said then sniffled as the door opened.

"Knock knock." A man in a white coat said as he stepped into the room. "Piper, Jackson, how are you feeling?" He asked as Jenna wiped her tears.

"What's going on?" Jenna whimpered, causing the doctor to look up at me. "I'm Dr. Pitt. You must be Robert." He said as I nodded.

"Yes. What's going on?" I asked with concern. "John is currently being splinted for a cast but is conscious and alert. He's gonna be okay other than the broken wrist he has." Dr. Pitt explained.

"Addie is currently in surgery now that consent so given. The car seat she was in protected her but also did some damage to her ribs which needed to be repaired. We also want to do some scans on her to check for brain damage." He explained as I nodded.

"Was she awake when they got here?" I asked as he shook his head. "No. She was sitting directly behind the driver so she took a lot of the force of the crash." He said as I clenched my jaw, trying to keep my emotions level.

"And is Briana okay?" I asked, knowing the answer.

"She had a nasty seizure and took almost all of the force. The guys said she was still unresponsive at the scene, so we are doing our best to maintain brain function." He said then looked at the chart in his hand.

"Her head was cracked open, and they're doing surgery on her pelvic bone which was knocked out of socket." He explained as my heart ached.

"Uh...she has struggled with an addiction to narcotics." I said uncomfortably. I knew Julia didn't like spreading that news.

She felt shame in it when it wasn't her fault.

"We'll do the best we can but she'll be in a lot of pain without anything." He said as I nodded.

"I think you're all caught up. I will send John in as soon as he casted up." He said the pointed to a button on the wall.

"Press that if you have any questions, Judith will come in and try to give you some answers." He explained then turned to leave.

"Colby, I'm scared." Jenna said as I nodded. "I know. I am too." I said quietly.

It was hard to wrap my mind around the fact that Julia and Juniper were both in surgery right now.

My stomach ached with fear, knowing there was no way I could help them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 20.7K 136
The world can be a dangerous place with dangerous people. Julia White would soon learn to not trust people so much. It's a gang/crime book idk. Just...
2.8K 22 20
i'm really bad at descriptions. there is no plot to this story, just purely fluff/entertainment. my writing evolves over the time ive been writing th...
14K 128 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
17.1K 509 14
Book 2- Of the 'Highschool Trauma' series: After moving away with his lover and best friend, Colby had made it his goal to start over. To live a life...