Only you (Book 4)

By Some1isReading

Things don't seem to settle for Nora. She is back but it doesn't feel the same, it never did. But she needs t... More

Shitty night
A glimpse of us
Back home
Tears and rain
Spiraling mind
Lawyer stuff
Memory linen's
From mother to mother
Kitchen talk
Clear amd clean
She will always be your mama!
Mom's lesson
School
This bitch
Issues
Hospital
I really thought i lost you
F you
Nursing
Wake up slap
In the car
Arguing
Evermore
Craving
You and I
Good night
She is here !
She did it to keep you safe
Cursing
Coffee
Shower and waffles
Pinky promise
Phone call
Plans
The trial pt. 1
The trial pt.2
The trial pt.3
Justice lays in the eye of the beholder
Doomed
Police station
Goodbye but the „good" is missing
Takeout
Bedtime
672 hours later
Back home
After all this time
A/n

Lots of arguing

307 28 5
By Some1isReading

Narrator POV

„Okay I still need to understand it. You drove your car into the ocean to fake your death?" Ruby asked Nora while she was typing things down.

„Yes. Well technically I wasn't in the car when it crashed into the ocean. I drove, put a brick on the Gaspedal and jumped out. It was in the middle of the night so no one saw me."

„You and Beth really planned it out huh."

„Indeed. We had to make it in a way where they wouldn't find my body. So they'd have to bury an empty coffin."

„That's clever. Cause you wouldn't be able to replace yourself if they would do an autopsy on the dead body."

„Exactly. Beth and I used to enjoy true crime documentary's. We watched them just for fun or heard some podcasts while we spend some time together. So faking it all was relatively easy."

„Okay after that how did go on for you? I mean you cut yourself off from yourself life."

„I knew I wasn't able to live my old life. Even if I would have staid. I found out that I was pregnant and I was so far into pregnancy that I couldn't do an abortion. So I carried them. I thought about giving them away because of the conditions.
Every day I had to fight with the thought of having Victors kids and it made me physically uncomfortable."

„I totally get that. But how come you've decided otherwise?" she asked her.

„When I saw my first ultrasound photo of them something in my heart start to change. But when I held them in my arms for the first time I knew I couldn't give them away. I always told myself I would raise my kids differently than I got treated. I would love them unconditionally and that would also mean that I would keep them."

„That is really brave for you to do. I would totally understand if you would have given them away."

„Yeah but I couldn't live a day knowing that they will grow up without knowing who I am and without getting to know my story. I wouldn't sleep peacefully knowing that they've become kids for the adoptive/foster care system."

„And you did all of this on your own?" Ruby asked as she looked around in the house that was tainted with warm sunlight. It was clearly visible that kids would live here. Some balls laid around on the floor just we some plushy pets did.

„Yes. I had Beth with me. She was my biggest and only support system and I wouldn't know what to do if I wouldn't have had her with me."

„Honestly that is amazing that you had her with you on this tough journey."

„It really is yeah."

„Do you hear the car outside as well? Are you expecting anyone?" she asked Nora as she pointed behind her.

„My kids are the only ones I expect. Beth should be the one bringing them home."
Nora answered as she grabbed her crutches to go look who is coming.

„And here they are my little school kids." Nora greeted them as they ran up to hug her.

„Ohh somebody missed me today. Hey buddy. Hi sweetie. How was school today?" Nora asked as she crutched down to kiss them on the head.

„We always miss you mom." Quinn told her and she pouted her lips.

„School was okay." Chase replied monoton and Nora knew instantly that something was wrong but she didn't want to ask immediately.

„alright. Go inside and wash your hands so we can make some dinner together."
She stepped aside and they ran in.

„Hey. Didn't expect you to bring my kids home. Where is Beth?" Nora asked Scar who was standing on the porch.

„I got a bit off earlier today and Beth asked me because she had to take care of something."
Scar relief as she nod behind her.

„Are you okay?" she added as her voice sounded concerned.

„Of course I am. Come on in can I get you something to drink?" Nora asked as she waved for scar to walk in. She followed and closed the door for her.

„Well a bird chirped me that you had a fight with Lizzie."

„My news seems to spread like a pandemic.
Was that bird named Beth?" Nora asked sarcastically and scar hummed.

„She was just concerned about the negative tension between you and Lizzie. We all are.
What happened?" scar asked her as she walked into the kitchen.

„Oh hey Ruby didn't expect to see you here.
Were you guys in the middle of something?" scar added surprised as she waved her hand between them.

„Hi Scar. It's fine we were almost done with everything. Don't worry about me I am busy here so you guys can keep the conversation up."

„Okay. So back to you." scar pulled her attention back to Nora.

„A lot of things have been said and done. Hurtful things may I add and I think things just feel apart and escalated in a way that it shouldn't have happened."

„I am sorry that it happened. I tried to call her but she never picked up and she isn't at her place as well." Scar told Nora and a crippling feeling started to build up in her body. Her mind started to spiral again and that unintentionally, because she is still kinda hurt but she still worry's that something might happen while she isn't around.

„Maybe she was visiting her husband during that time when you wanted to reach her. Who knows maybe she will bail him out." Nora replied coldly and Ruby and scar stared at each other before they looked back to Nora.

„What the fuck Nora what makes you think that?"
Scar asked irritated.

„I don't know. Maybe I kinda told her to go back to Robbie while we were arguing." she mumbled lowly.

„Are you kidding me?" she slapped Nora's head from the back and Nora began to rub that spot.

„Heyy." she replied annoyed.

„Don't Heyy me you dumbass. I don't think she would ever go back to him and so do you deep down. So why would you say that to her?"
She questioned madly.

„That wasn't the only thing that has been said and done so you'd have to slap her too. I have every right to be mad." Nora defended herself.

„Maybe you have every right to be mad but that automatically doesn't mean you have the right to say hurtful things." scar told her and silence filled the room for a moment.

„I know. Sorry." Nora mumbled and felt like a little kid for a split second.

„Nah ah. No sorry for me. That sorry is for Lizzie."
Scar told her.

„Well to bad she isn't around to hear it." Nora mocked and scar rolled her eyes on that.

„What is going on with you now? Your being a bit to bitchy." scar fired back.

„Oh come on. My bitchy comments ain't the problem now." Nora fought back but their arguing got cut off within seconds.

„Mom where is mama?" the kids asked as they walked into the kitchen.

„Your mama is still at work. She has a lot of things to do." scar lied for Nora knowing that she doesn't like to lie to her kids.

„Will she home by our bed time?" Chase asked sadly and there was this sting in Nora's heart again. That feeling that there is something wrong with her daughter.

„I don't think so sweetie I am sorry. Is there something I can do?" Nora asked her calmly.

„No forget it." Chase mumbled and walked off upstairs into her room.

„Quinn do you know what's wrong with your sister?" she asked her son and he minded her gaze.

„Quinn? What is going on?" Nora's voice became a bit sterner.

„Just some dumb stuff at school. I'll go and do my homework." he ran off too and Nora stood there now totally confused. They never acted this way in front of her which confuses her even more.

„I'll call you down for dinner later!!" she yelled after him not receiving an answer. She just heard little steps going the stair case up.

„Here." Scar slid a glass of wine and Nora's phone towards her.

„I don't know what you want me to do with my phone but thank you for the glass. I needed that."
She thanked her as she took a big gulp.

„Anytime. What are friends here for." she told her with a soft smile resting on her face.

„And with that." she slid the phone further to her.

„Go and call her. Maybe she isn't picking up the phone because it's not you who is calling."

„You want me to be the bigger person now?" Nora asked after she sipped on her wine.

„Lay the weapons aside. This call isn't about or for you. It's for Chase. Maybe Lizzie can help you out so things can settle with that little princess."
Scar nod her head to the stairs signing that Nora should do this for her daughter.

„Let me make some dinner first and then I'll-."

„No. You go now!! I'll handle dinner for tonight don't worry about it. Go outside and go call her."
Scar pushed Nora towards the main door so she would go outside.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 237 26
She's Been abused all her life by her father , She Dont Really need more drama in her life... At All . Will Everything turn out right ? or will it a...
523K 22K 58
She just wanted a more interesting life. That's it. For her, the daily routine was simple: wake up, school, study, sleep, repeat. Her life was abso...
79.1K 2.1K 30
Carter's story isn't over. He may be gone but will it stop her from feeling the pain? Her mom is still out there.. So is her dad. Can she get to the...
24K 1.5K 52
„The sun will shine after the storm" But what if her sun is dying? Secrets come up to the surface and things clear up with Time. A time filled with...