Apex | Charles Leclerc

נכתב על ידי reesewoop

They say a successful marriage requires falling in love more than once, always with the same person. Nadia h... עוד

Chapter 0
Portrayals
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Announcement
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter 51

15K 578 207
נכתב על ידי reesewoop

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while :) There's so much drama in this book that I never expected to write lol that's what I get for starting a story without figuring out the plot 🤣 please keep an eye out for typos if there are any

Enjoy! 

tw: violence 

*****

October 13, 2025 - Japan

Charles and I were arguing.

Honestly, there was nothing new with the fact that we were arguing. It was the topic that I didn't like.

"What are you not telling me?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he sat on the small bed in his driver's room. I was standing in front of him, just a few feet away. I could sense the frustration in him, but it was more of frustration that whatever it is that I wasn't sharing was making me uncomfortable.

It didn't help either that Imara had flown in from Boston to Japan and Charles grew even more confused because he never thought she'd want to watch a race.

Imara and I have been meeting each other the past few days whenever Charles had to work. I knew his schedule by heart so it was pretty easy to time it. We've been creating plans on how to go with this and almost all alternatives we thought of would lead to affecting Charles' position in Ferrari. Imara has repeatedly asked me if I was sure of the possibility of him either abandoning or crumbling the team into pieces. Every time she asked, I gave her a look that basically screamed yes.

I was going to tell him on the way home back to Monaco since we used his private jet to go here. We would have the privacy I needed and I thought of it as a push for me since I wouldn't have an escape.

"I will tell you on the flight back home." I said, my voice was stern and showing that I wasn't going to budge.

"You can't tell me that and not tell me whatever it is about." He pouted and I wanted to laugh at how childish he looked. "Especially before a race." 

"Well, that's how it's going to happen and there's nothing you can do about it." I smirked, walking forward as I placed my hands on either side of his shoulders while his moved to my waist, fingers moving to shift my shirt as he caressed my skin. 

"This is what our life is going to be like, isn't it?" He grinned and I inclined my head to the side, urging him to explain further. "You're going to boss me around until I'm old with gray hair and agree with you every time." 

My lips parted at the mention of our future and I found myself falling even harder for the man in front of me. I can't say I haven't been thinking about it because I have. I don't get into relationships without seeing a future with the person I'm in it with. It's a complete waste of time to do otherwise and I'm thankful I've found someone who has the same belief. 

Sometimes, I imagine where we'd be in five years. Then it'd be ten years. Sometimes, I hope it lasts forever. I don't see the arguments going away because it's what makes us us. We wouldn't be Charles and Nadia if we didn't have a petty argument at least once a week. But aside from that, I see us hopping from one coffee shop to another, most likely judging if the drinks were worth it to come back for. I see us visiting Turkey when I'm ready to come back, with me introducing him to my family. I've never introduced anyone, so he'd be the first. 

And I plan on him being the only one. 

Charles left me in his driver's room, still with a slight pout on his face. I gave him a lingering kiss before he walked out, but he was being very stubborn. The nerves within me skyrocketed thinking about how he would react when I tell him. 

There are no doubts about how he would look at me. I trust him enough to know his actions, but I'm scared of how he will choose to retaliate with this. 

I watched from the motorhome, along with a few guests. Imara was at the Paddock Club because she came across an old friend who was attending the race as well. I reassured her that I was alright to be alone since the team has reported that Manuele wouldn't be attending this race, staying in Maranello to handle management matters. 

The race result was not what everyone expected. Since the championship fight was with Charles and Lewis, people were surprised to see Max bag the win. The car was having issues this weekend for Charles and from what he told me about their most recent meeting, the best possible outcome they were hoping for was second place. Lewis experienced a delay in his pitstop, causing Max to breeze past him as he moved to pole position, Charles following right behind. Lewis' exit from the pitlane was tight, him and Charles almost touching wheels but the control between the two drivers was impeccable as Charles managed to gain P2 over Lewis. 

I knew Charles was going to take longer than expected with the post-race interviews, just like how he usually does whenever he finishes on the podium. There were a lot of eyes on him as well during the weekend because of the significance of the track for him. I've heard Jules' name a bunch of times in the paddock, and even more so when I saw interviews of Charles online. 

I busied myself with a book as I waited for him at the motorhome. People had already left, guests attending the festivities organized after the race. Most of the team members were either on the first floor or fixing up some things in the garage, allowing me to read in peace. 

At least that's what I thought. 

It felt like a bucket of ice had been poured over me, my fingers halting as I made a move to flip a page. I didn't move, body rigid as I hoped the eerie feeling was just an incoming panic attack. I heard the scuffle of feet as I closed my eyes, my chest moving up and down in fear. The entire floor was so quiet I could hear every movement, every step, and every exhale he made. I knew he was moving towards me and when I felt a puff of air by my cheek, I closed my eyes tighter, fighting my lip to keep myself from sobbing. 

A hand landed on my shoulder and it was like a spark went through me. I jumped up from my seat, dropping my book as I moved to a defensive stance, turning around with my hands held in front of me. 

My eyes widened when they met Charles' green ones, shock and worry clearly evident in them. My body sagged in relief upon seeing him and the sob I was trying to keep silent tore away from my lips as I collapsed to the floor. I held my knees to my chest, whispering the two letters I remember vividly from that night. 

"Nova." Charles said quietly and I looked up to see him crouching down in front of me. He was still in his race suit, a Ferrari cap sitting on top of his head. I noticed him quickly assess me before coming nearer, testing if I was going to pull away. When I didn't he evaporated every ounce of space as he cradled my face in his hands. "Are you having a panic attack? I have my phone on–" 

I frantically shook my head, feeling his warm hands on me but I didn't reciprocate the touch. "It's not a panic attack. I–" Another sob escaped my lips as I felt disgusted at myself. My body didn't feel like it was mine anymore. "I'm sorry." I sobbed, feeling my vision blur as Charles shook his head at me. 

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked, pulling me flush against his chest. "If this is about earlier, you don't have to tell me yet. I can wait until you're ready, okay?" He pulled me up onto my feet, moving towards one of the couches on the second floor. 

He was about to sit me down when we heard a set of footsteps coming up the stairs. "Charles!" A voice called and my body froze, knowing exactly who it belonged to. This didn't go unnoticed to Charles as he eyed me with curiosity in his features, turning his head to see who called him. "Non è stato il massimo, ma hai fatto bene. Sono appena arrivato un paio di–" [It was not the best, but you did good. I just arrived a few–]. Manuele's voice was cut off when he stepped on the landing, eyes immediately stopping on me. I instinctively took a step back, the hand that Charles placed on my waist falling back to his side. "Oh, Nadia." Manuele grinned and I felt sick to my stomach when I recognized the look in his eyes. 

He remembers. He fucking remembers and there's no sign of regret on his face. 

"It's good to see you again." Manuele added. 

When I didn't reply, he stepped closer. I fought the urge to run when he stopped a few feet from me and Charles who was watching the interaction. I can see his eyes flitting from me to his team principal, taking note of how I placed my hands behind my back– a habit that I've formed whenever they were shaking. He took note of how I avoided Manuele's gaze as the latter continued to smile at me. 

Charles took a step towards me, hand reaching out to hold my hand but I only pulled my body closer to myself, casting a quick look at Manuele before looking down at the floor. I could feel the two of their gazes hot on me as I wished for a miracle that would magically make me disappear from this moment. 

I saw Charles' feet move and I looked up to see him turn his back to me as he faced Manuele. His shoulders were rigid, back completely straight as I watched him calmly place his hands by his sides. I couldn't see his face, but there was an air of intensity as Manuele's smile dropped upon seeing his number one driver's face. 

"What the fuck did you do?" Charles' tone was as cold as ice as he kept his ground. 

Manuele had the nerve to act clueless, eyebrows furrowing in feigned confusion. "What are you talking about?" He asked, crossing his arms defensively over his chest. 

"You heard me." 

The two of them stared at one another for a few more seconds until Manuele's expression completely changed. The warm and kind look he's been wearing as Ferrari's team principal disappeared and was replaced with the menacing smirk that cornered me that night. His eyes moved to mine, gaze lingering on my body and I saw Charles' hands form into fists. A laugh escaped Manuele's lips as he brushed one of his fingers over his lips, not bothering to hide the fact that he was practically ogling me. 

"Maybe you should ask your girlfriend. I know she liked it just as much as I did." 

"Fuck you!" It was like something snapped inside of me as I lunged at him, feeling Charles' arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me back. He was a second late when I felt one of my nails scratch against Manuele's face, a long red mark forming from his cheekbone to the side of his lips. 

He ran a hand over the side of his face, jaw moving as he watched me. The cruel glint in his eyes was the last thing I saw before he spoke once again. "You already have, darling." 

The arms around me loosened which urged me to give him more than a scratch, but before I could do so, Manuele's body was tackled to the ground. 

⚠️

A harsh crack vibrated throughout the room as Charles' fist came in contact with Manuele's, his body looming over him. He didn't stop as Manuele fought back, but it was obvious who was more physically capable. I stood frozen as I watched Charles, a murderous look in his eyes. His green eyes had turned a shade darker as he landed punch after punch on Manuele's face, knuckles turning red and some of the skin splitting open. 

I didn't think he was going to stop because the Charles I saw in front of me was someone who looked like he was capable of doing damage. He only stopped when a whimper escaped my lips and Charles turned around to face me, eyes softening when they landed on me. 

Manuele coughed up blood underneath him as Charles stood up, giving him one last look of fury before taking a step back. 

"I'm going to ruin you." Charles told him, voice daunting as he looked down at Manuele, a mix of anger and disappointment in his eyes. 

"I'd like to see you try." Manuele had the nerve to chuckle as he wiped his bloody nose. 

Charles matched his arrogance, as he sent one last glare at Manuele. "Trust me, I fucking will." 

*****

This gave me mafia vibes lol

✧Reese✧

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

501K 5.6K 110
"Sometimes, love isn't enough" In a world where love traingles, toxic relationships and drama can't seem to leave her alone. Warning: some chapters...
9.4K 175 38
Hate. It's strong, strong enough to destroy a relationship for all incoming time, but also strong enough to change a relationship into something muc...
30.1K 641 21
"I don't wanna see him, I can't. I'd never be able to look in his eyes again, because all I would think about is how it was all my fault." Celine Val...
Rise Up נכתב על ידי Batchia

ספרות חובבים

49.8K 745 61
When I thought my racing career was over, fate gave me a big chance that brought me many ups and downs, new friends and enemies, new lovers and also...