Fire and the Flood - Charlie...

By runninglike-water

'Everything is fine When your hand is resting next to mine Next to mine You're the fire and the flood...' ... More

Fire and the Flood
Playlist
Aesthetic
Prologue
Part 1- Goblet of Fire
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Part 2- Order of Phoenix
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Part 3- Half-Blood Prince
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Part 4- The Deathly Hallows
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Epilogue
Newton Sparrow Scamander

Chapter 6

3K 81 50
By runninglike-water

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Death and Destruction ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

"Harry Potter is dead!"

"No!"

Newt grabs a hold of Ginny brining the girl back into her for a hug as she sobs, "Stupid girl!" Voldemort yells.

"Harry Potter is dead.... Harry Potter is dead!" The Death Eaters around him begin to laugh and Voldemort smiles evilly, "From this day forth you'll put your faith in me. Harry Potter is dead! And now it's the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us...or die!"

"Draco!" Lucius yells.

Everyone looks over at the boy who stands on Hogwarts side, he looks down an avoids his father's eye, but the eye of the person he catches make him torn as he stops the foot that was going forward.

"Your own choices, Draco." Newt mouths to him.

His lip trembles as he keeps eye contact with her, "Draco, come."

"Draco," Narcissa says, "Come."

Newt goes to walk to him but Charlie stops her, "Let him make the decision." He whispers, "Just like you said, remember?"

She sighs and nods knowing he is right but doesn't take her gaze away from her distant relative.

"Draco, come."

Closing her eyes as she thinks it is the final straw Newt breaths out a sigh, but he doesn't move, his feet stay planted to the ground as he looks over at her, reopening her eyes she smiles and nods at him proudly, he nods back and turns to look at the others.

Suddenly Neville begins to limp forward with his head down and the sorting hat clutched in his hands, "Well, I must say I'd hope for better," The Death Eaters laugh again and Voldemort smirks, "And who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom." Hs speaks to the floor.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our rank."

"I'd like to say something."

Voldemort clenches his jaw but sighs and nods, "Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say."

Neville sighs, finally looking up, "Doesn't matter that Harry is gone-"

"Stand down, Neville!" Seamus yells from the crowd.

"People die every day!" He exclaims looking back at them, "Friends, family. Yeah... We lost Harry tonight. He's still with us. In here." He points to his heart as he looks back at the crowd. "So is Fred, Remus...Tonks...All of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will. Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us. For all of us! It's not over!"

He pulls the sword of Gryffindor out of the hat just as Harry kicks himself out of Hagrid's grip, dropping to the ground he sends a spell to the snake which bounces off of her and hits a few Death Eaters.

People begin to apparate away as the fight continues, "What are you doing? Come back! Come back!" Bellatrix yells out in anger.

Newt loses sight of Charlie but what she does see is a Death Eater approaching Draco, "Petrificus Totalus!"

The Death Eater falls to the floor as Newt runs over to Draco, "You okay?"

He nods his head quickly, and fires a spell at another approaching Death Eater. The duo seem to get overwhelmed by spells as three Death Eaters approach and surround them.

Working together they manage to get it down to just one Death Eater, a curse hurtles towards Draco and Newt jumps in front of him getting knocked backwards and into the wall.

"Newt!"

Furiously sending spells to the Death Eater until they are completely overwhelmed and curled on the floor Draco panics, he runs to Newt who lies on the floor, blood covering her hands, she looks up weakly when she feels him kneel beside her.

"N-Newt?"

She smiles weakly as her eyes close slowly, "H-Hey, hey, hey, no, n-no, no, keep your eyes open, okay? I'm going to get Charlie, okay? Stay awake."

He looks around but keeps his hand on the wound on the back her head trying to hold the blood in, "Weasley! Weasley!" He yells at Ron who is walking through the courtyard wand clutched in his hand.

Ron's head whips over and he opens his mouth, snarky remark on the tip of his tongue which is forgotten as he rushes to Newt's side, "What happened?"

"I-I don't know, just help me, please, help me get her to your brother."

Ron doesn't question the Slytherin as they both lift her up walking as fast as they can so that they get to the Great Hall where most people stand around after the battle.

"Charlie!" Ron yells for his brother, "Charlie!"

The red head jogs over thinking it was anything but what he actually saw, his small smile dropped as he saw his wife, running to her he took her from their grasp and ran to the Healers with her clutched in his arms.

"Pomfrey!" The Healer sighs as she stands up. "Help her, please help her you have to."

She points to the spare bed and he lays her down quickly, sitting beside her and clutching her hand the entire time.

Pomfrey stands up straight and shakes her head sadly, "Charlie, you ought to say your goodbyes."

"What?"

"I'm sorry, dear, she's not going to make it."

"N-N-No, there has to be something you can do, please, please."

"I'm sorry, there's nothing."

"No, you have to-"

"Charlie," A voice croaks and he looks to Newt gripping her hand even tighter, "I'm sorry."

He shakes his head tears pouring form his eyes, she moves her hand to wipe them away resting her hand on his cheek, "I love you, you know that?"

He nods and moves his head to place a kiss on her palm, "I love you, too, now just hold on, okay?"

"It's okay, Charlie," She says as she slowly rests her head back, "I'll see my parents again, we'll be reunited one day, I promise you."

"No, Newt, please..."

"I'm really tired," She whispers, a tear of pain falling form her eye, "I'm just going to rest, okay?"

He sniffles and shakes his head desperately, "Newt, no, think of Charlotte, she needs you."

"Tell her about me, Charlie, make sure she knows I love her."

"You can tell her yourself, okay?"

She shakes her head and closes her eyes and she sighs, "It's my time, Charlie," She sighs closing her eyes fully, "I'll be okay."

"They're calling me, can you hear them?" She smiles as she stares off into the distant, wiping another tear from his cheek she looks over at him wincing at the pain she feels in her head, "They're waiting for me, just like I will for you."

"Newt, please don't leave me."

Newt begins to hum a song, the one she signs to Charlie all the time as they drift to sleep, the one she sings to Charlotte every night.

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when..."

She hums the song for a few minutes as she stares at the ceiling with a small smile, her thumb tracing back and forth on Charlie's cheek.

He closes his eyes enjoying her presence until she stops humming, he looks over as her chest lets out one long breath before her hand falls limp at her side.

"Newt?" His voice breaks as he leans forward.

"Newt? Newt, Newt, wake up, please wake up."

He grabs her by the shoulders dropping his head to her neck as he sobs loudly, his thick tears wetting the shirt she decided to wear today, "Newt, please!"

"Charlie." Mrs. Weasley rests a hand on her son's shoulder, her own tears falling down her cheeks.

He turns to her, dropping into her arms as he cries as he clutches onto her, Molly sniffles as she guides him towards the rest of the family who witnessed the entire thing.

Bill hugs his brother as Ginny holds onto Harry's hand as the pair walk over to her. Harry sighs, a tear falling from his eye as he rests his hand on hers that grows colder by the minute, "Thank you." He whispers, "For everything you ever did for me, I'm sorry."

His lip trembles and he opens his eyes, taking one last look at her he can't hold it in as he lets out a loud sob and hugs Ginny.

When the coast is clear, and no one is looking Draco makes his way over, Ron spots him, saying nothing as he watches him walkover to Newt as despite his dislike for the Malfoy after seeing the way he acted when she first got hurt he thinks he needs the closure.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," He sobs wiping his tears away furiously, he looks at her green eyes that are dim, the usual glint of mischief gone. He leans forward and gently closes her eyes, "Thank you for believing in me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 75 17
In this story you are the daughter of Sirius black and remus lupin. You are living with remus and know about Sirius being in Azkaban. You know the ri...
17K 403 39
Rose Weasley was no longer the thorny little girl she had been four years previously, with new found confidence she'd blossomed into a bright flower...
84.4K 3K 33
"Nothing was ever given to me. I've had to fight my way to survive. I was thrown to the wolves, yet I came back leading the pack. I'm as smart as the...
652 10 20
Rhiannon Elizabeth Snape is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black. Rhiannon just finished her sixth/seventh year at Hogwarts and now Severus and...