Liability (VSOO)[18+]

By hollytrag

Port Lake has always been a secluded and quiet town. Its inhabitants were few. However, the nightlife in this... More

Title Chapter
CHARACTERS
The Distance
His Worst Fear
Unexpected Union
Not The Real World
Marked
The Enemy's New Approach
The Abyss Of Dreams
Woman of The Forsaken
Fade Into The Afterlife
Becoming One
Faith Of The Void
Songs Of My Home
Praise Secrets
Deceiving The Ashes
Sailing Into The Past
One Last Time
Dead At Dreams
Misfortune Of Love
Shelter at Secrets
The Calm Before The Storm
Blood Red Sky
The Enemy's Plea
Cries of Angels
The Nameless Child
For Her
The Pit of Despair
I'm Poison
State Of Despair
No Sympathy for the Devil
Tales of the Lore
Restricted Love
Eyes On The Horizon
Plan B
Reasons of Time
Day After Day
When We Were Young
Bad Dreams
Far From Over
Hidden Virtue
Reverence
Becoming The Shadows
Doubtful Heart
Breathing Blue
Knife-edge Words
Unforgivable Feelings
Shedding Souls
Drinking At The Ashes
Dark Tides
Burning Flames
Hurting The Fires
Reach of The Fires
Snowstorm
The Ambush
Daisies
Hurt by the North
The Loss
The Lost Princess of The Rubies
Blame Me
Darling Of Mine
Love Me Right
Seek & Destroy
Ever Lasting Darkness
To All The Years I Counted
Bloodbath
The Darkest Side
Let Go
Lover Of Mine
Deceiving The World
Hurting My Future
Reach Of The Messenger
Fallen Angels
The Revolution
•Epilogue• Part 1
•Epilogue• Part 2
•Epilogue• Part 3
•Epilogue• Part 4
•Epilogue• Part 5

The Heedful Question

169 21 8
By hollytrag

Time seemed to slip away effortlessly, with minutes stretching into hours and hours melting into days. Days faded into years, and three long years had now gone by since she had last laid eyes on her beloved husband and eldest children. Night after night, she would gaze out the window, her heart aching with longing as she prayed for their return. She held onto the hope that one day, she would see them walking back to her, filling her arms with the love and warmth she had been missing for so long.

As the night settled in, she found herself once again seated by the window, a steaming cup of tea cradled in her hands. The familiar scent of the tea brought back memories of her husband's nightly ritual of enjoying a cup before bed. Taking a deep breath, she stirred the tea gently with a small teaspoon, the clinking sound echoing in the quiet room. A heavy sigh escaped her lips, a mix of longing and nostalgia washing over her as she waited in silent anticipation.

"My love!" she whispered into the darkness, her voice filled with longing and desperation.

"Others tell me to give up hope, to accept that you and our children may never return... to spare myself from heartbreak,"

"But every time I hear those words, I feel a surge of frustration and anger. What else am I supposed to do?"

"I refuse to accept this as my reality, as the future I am meant to live," she declared, her resolve unwavering despite the doubts and uncertainties that clouded her mind.

"Accepting a life without you and our babies by my side... I just can't fathom it," she murmured, her voice tinged with sorrow and disbelief.

"I refuse to believe that you all have left me alone in this world," she declared, her words filled with a mixture of pain and determination.

"Taehyung!" she called out into the night, her plea echoing into the darkness. "Please... if you're out there, give me a sign that you're still alive," she whispered, her gaze fixed on the shadows beyond the window.

In a moment of yearning and desperation, Jisoo reached for the necklace that had once belonged to her father, feeling its weight against her chest. The familiar trinket brought a sense of comfort and connection, a tangible reminder of the loved ones she held dear in her heart.

Taehyung had given her the pendant in the past, as a gesture of apology for not being able to save her father. Jisoo clutched the pendant tightly in her hand, her grip firm as she felt the weight of the pendant against her palm. A single tear traced a path down her cheek, a silent testament to the pain and sorrow that still resided within her heart. The pendant served as a bittersweet reminder of the past, a symbol of both love and loss that she held close to her chest, finding solace in its presence during moments of longing and despair.

"Jungkook insists that it's impossible for you to be alive and not return for me," her voice tinged with uncertainty and conflicting emotions.

"I don't know if I can bring myself to believe that you're out there, alive and well, yet chose not to search for me,"

"I have this gut feeling that you're in need of help, that you're waiting for me to find you... but he just doesn't seem to understand," she sighed, frustration evident in her voice.

"Seri, too, advises me to move on, to close this chapter of our love... but... but I can't bring myself to do it," she confessed, her heart torn between the advice of her loved ones and the unyielding hope that still burned within her.

"I pray every night for the day you will be free and return to me," Jisoo thought, her silent plea echoing in the depths of her heart. However, her thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the cries of her three-year-old son. He carried the name of her father, Jinhee, and bore a striking resemblance to his own father. Every feature on his face, from his eyes to his mouth, was a mirror image of Taehyung, a constant reminder of the love and loss that intertwined in her life.

Jisoo hurried to her son's crib, her maternal instincts kicking in as she saw him sucking his thumb, a telltale sign of hunger. With a gentle smile, she scooped him up and prepared his bottle, cradling him in her arms as she sat in the rocking chair. She swayed back and forth, the rhythmic motion lulling him to sleep. As she gazed down at her son, a warm smile graced her lips, her heart filled with love and bittersweet memories of his father that reflected in the child's features.

"Is he okay now?" Jisoo was taken aback by Jungkook's sudden appearance at the door. She offered him a smile and gently walked over to the crib to carefully lay Jinhee down.

"He was just hungry...he's fine," Jisoo reassured Jungkook as she made her way to the window to close it. Jungkook smiled softly, understanding the significance of her nightly ritual of looking out the window, a silent gesture of hope and longing for her loved ones to return.

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" Jungkook spoke in a hushed tone, mindful of not waking Jinhee. Jisoo furrowed her brow slightly at his expression, but she nodded in response and moved to sit on the edge of the bed, ready to listen to what he had to say.

"What would you say if I told you that love is not always meant for everyone?" Jungkook posed the question to Jisoo, leaving her slightly puzzled. Jisoo couldn't help but feel confused by his statement, wondering why he would say such a thing to her.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asked him, her confusion evident in her voice. Jungkook moved towards the bed and took a seat beside Jisoo.

"What I mean is that sometimes two people are destined to fall in love, but not meant to be together," Jungkook explained, his gaze fixed on Jisoo's eyes. Jisoo was left feeling completely bewildered and perplexed by his words.

"You're saying this because Taehyung disappeared?"

"You believe that we're not meant to be together, even though we love each other and have children?" Jisoo asked, her eyes widening in surprise. Jungkook let out a sigh and gently took her hand in his.

"I never meant to imply any of that!"

"I just wanted to know your honest thoughts on the matter...!"

"Do you think that love is not meant for everyone?" Jungkook reiterated his question. Jisoo gazed into his eyes and saw a familiar reflection, one that reminded her of the gaze she had once shared with Taehyung.

"No!"

"Love is meant for everyone.... love is, and should be, meant for everyone!" Jisoo firmly answered his strange question. A small, melancholic smile tugged at the corners of Jungkook's lips in response.

"I disagree!"

"I don't think that everyone will find true love, it's just not meant for everyone!"

"Perhaps it was fated for some to cross paths but not meant to be in the end," Jungkook stated before releasing her hand and stepping away.

"I will switch shifts with Seri soon!"

"Please take care of yourself!" Jungkook hurriedly spoke as he exited the room. Jisoo was left feeling puzzled by his words, as she couldn't comprehend his true meaning, especially since he was currently in a relationship with Seri.

~

As time went by, Jisoo found herself reconsidering her perception of Jungkook. For so long, she had viewed him as a loyal friend who cherished their bond and honored his cousin's memory. But now, a shift was occurring within her. She began to notice Jungkook in a different light, sensing that his feelings for her may run deeper than friendship. Initially hesitant to entertain such a possibility, Jisoo couldn't ignore the subtle yet unmistakable signs of affection in Jungkook's behavior and gestures towards her, especially after their recent heart-to-heart conversation.

Jisoo found herself perplexed by Jungkook's bold actions, especially considering Seri's presence in their lives. The idea of being with him seemed unfathomable to her, and his persistent advances only served to frustrate her further. However, amidst her confusion and exasperation, Jisoo couldn't deny the genuine care and affection Jungkook showed towards her children from the moment they were born, a gesture that she deeply cherished and appreciated.

Jungkook's unwavering love and care for Jisoo's children made it clear that he had always harbored a deep desire to be a father figure in their lives. His actions spoke volumes about his genuine and long-held wish to nurture and protect them as if they were his own.

"Jisoo?" Seri's voice pulled Jisoo out of her thoughts as she gazed at the children.

"What?" Jisoo responded, a hint of distraction in her voice.

"I'm sorry... but I feel a bit off today," Jisoo admitted, rubbing her temples. Seri smiled warmly and gently took hold of Jisoo's arm in a comforting gesture.

"Thinking about him?" Seri asked, her tone filled with curiosity. Jisoo smiled, hiding her true thoughts with a little fib.

"Always!" Jisoo replied with a hint of playfulness, quickly composing herself. Seri shifted her attention to Jisoo's children, who were happily playing in the picturesque vegetable garden in front of them.

Seri yearned for a similar future but was all too aware of the inevitable reality of her condition. With a heavy sigh, she resumed gathering the peppers from the garden, placing them gently into the basket. Jisoo observed Seri's actions and paused in her own task of picking tomatoes.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo asked, her expression soft with concern.

"Why the long sigh?" she added, offering a comforting smile. Seri returned the smile, shaking her head slightly in response.

"I just feel so unlucky for not being able to form a family," Seri revealed. Jisoo's smile faltered as she absorbed Seri's words, her heart heavy with sympathy for her cousin's plight.

"I'm really sorry," Jisoo expressed, her voice laced with genuine sorrow.

"I... still feel so sad when you remind me of it," Jisoo continued, her own emotions stirred by Seri's vulnerability. A tear slipped from Seri's eye, which she swiftly wiped away.

"It's fine," Seri reassured, mustering a smile despite her tears.

"I suppose my purpose in this life is to keep you safe," Seri added, her words filled with warmth and a genuine bond that made Jisoo's heart swell with gratitude for her.

"Thank you, my dear Seri," Jisoo expressed her gratitude.

"How I wish I could help you find that happiness," Jisoo added, her sincerity evident. Little did she know that Seri was about to reveal something unexpected.

"I believe there's a way!"

"Perhaps......"

"Could you bear him a child for me?" Seri's request hung in the air, her eyes filled with hope and vulnerability. Jisoo was taken aback, the request striking her to the core, leaving her speechless and overwhelmed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.8K 15
On the last day of summer, Jisoo kissed her best friend, and everything changed. Five years later, a defeated Jisoo returns to her hometown after fa...
4.6K 369 4
They met by chance at the heart of the forest. Him - a prince cursed by fate. Her - the Swan Queen. Prince Taehyung, heir to the throne of the Sun Ki...
229K 12.2K 43
Jisoo, a quiet timid girl moves to Daegu hoping for a fresh start. But what happens when she meets a guy exactly like what she was running away from...
79.9K 4.2K 14
🎥👻🪦 ⁀ ✷ ╱ ꒷꒦ 𝚄𝙽𝙲𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙰 𝙼𝚄𝚁𝙳𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚂 𝙳𝙴𝙵𝙸𝙽𝙸𝚃𝙴𝙻𝚈 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙸𝚁 𝙱𝙸𝙽𝙶𝙾 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙳 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄...