His angel ~a Klaus Mikaelson...

By LibraBby111

Klaus Mikaelson is a cruel monster to most that know of him. When the said monster turns up in mystic falls h... More

Mood boards and character description
Triggers and disclaimers
Oops hehe
Baby's first kidnapping
Breakfast discussions
I just feel stupid
What? I like sugar. Sue me
Babysitters club
You know you love me
My best friend Eli
Betrayal
Disco inferno
Morning conversations
Dance until you drop
Pre-sugar rush
A vile accusation
Coffee and compulsion
Do you want to kiss me?
Negotiations
My saving grace
You're an angel
Blushing in the bar
Piggyback
Nightmares
Looking...edible
Shop until you drop
Would you get off the floor?
Flowers and phone calls
Vampire history lesson
Backstabbers
Floating
Nik
Birthday blues
Bump in the night
Dinner party from hell
Let them eat cake
You look beautiful
Sacrifices of the innocent
Apologies mean nothing to the dead
Forgiveness and fighting
Full consent to punch
Mending relationships
Pain
Loss
I need to sanitize my mouth!
Familiar faces
I'm not going anywhere
Dream a little dream of me
I want you
He's so perfect!
Surprise!
Cold shoulder
Apology fruit
Taunting
If only you spoke Aramaic
Sister, sister
Teddy bear
Poison ivy
Prom night
Brand new city
THE END
SEQUEL

Smack down

3.4K 55 10
By LibraBby111

———

Yesterday was challenging to say the least...

I'd learned that Nik had daggered Rebekah. He promised to undagger her as soon as the cure business was dealt with, but that didn't stop me from getting a little upset.

I was giving him the cold shoulder, but he asked me to go out with him while he went around town and I agreed.

Another thing that happened yesterday was that Connor had escaped from Nik's house and held hostages in the mystic grill.

There were only two casualties. The first being one of Nik's hybrids named Dean. The other being Connor himself.

Elena had disobeyed Stefan's request to wait, and killed Connor herself.

Unfortunately for Elena, Nik informed me that if you killed a hunter, you'd slowly go insane.

So, a typical day in mystic falls.

———

I was walking beside Nik as we entered the Lockwood mansion.

"Don't be mad. We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend." I hear Hayley say as we walk into the room.

Nobody had noticed our presence yet.

Hayley walks over to Tyler and pours a shot in his mouth. She wipes her thumb across his bottom lip, collecting a drop of alcohol, then sticks her thumb in her mouth.

"Well, don't let me interrupt." Nik says, drawing attention to us.

"I didn't know you were here." Tyler states.

"Clearly." I grumble, upset about what he was doing behind Caroline's back.

"I just popped round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learnt that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter." Nik says.

"Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." Hayley responds.

I send her a light glare. I didn't exactly know for sure if Tyler was cheating with Hayley, but as of right now, it's guilty until proven innocent.

"Maybe you should mind your business, wolf girl." Nik retorts.

"What do you care if Connor's dead anyway?" Tyler questions.

"I have my reasons. They've ceased to matter. Cheers." Nik answers, raising his bottle of alcohol and taking a sip.

Nik then laces our fingers together, but I quickly snatch my hand back, still upset about what he'd done to Rebekah.

"Angel, I'm sorry okay?" He whispers.

"I'm not getting into this here." I reply.

"Ooh trouble in soulmate paradise?" Hayley taunts.

"Man, you really enjoy inserting yourself into other people's relationships huh?" I retort.

"Excuse me?" She scoffs.

"You heard me." I reply sharply.

"I thought you were supposed to be the sweetest girl in town. It's not looking like it from this position."

"Oh I'm sure you know a lot about positions don't you?" I retort.

Hayley looks as if smoke were about to come from her ears.

"Okay, everybody just calm down." Tyler interjects only to be ignored.

"No, this is quite fun." Nik says.

I shoot him a glare, to which he holds his hands
up in innocence.

"Look, just because you and grandpa over there are screwing, doesn't mean I'm afraid to knock you down a couple pegs." Hayley threatens,

"Hayley!" Tyler gasps.

"That's it!" I shout, taking a step forward to lunge at her.

I couldn't get to her before Nik's arms wrapped around my waist, picking me up.

I thrashed in his hold, yielding no results.

"Let the bitch down. If she wants to fight let's go!" Hayley shouts.

"Control your mutt." Nik growls at Tyler.

I can hear Tyler fearfully begging Hayley to shut up.

"Let me at her Nik!" I continue to squirm in his grip.

"Sweetheart, she's a werewolf. I don't think it'd be a fair fight." Nik reasons.

"Then you fight her!" I yell.

"Come on, let her go. Maybe I can slap some sense into her." Hayley threatens.

"You lay one finger on her, I'll rip your bloody head off." Nik replies coldly.

"No! Please, she didn't mean it. She's sorry." Tyler tries to contain the situation.

I calm myself and stay still.

"Fine. I'm good. You can let me go now." I say.

"I'll put you down, but just so you know, I'm aware you're going to run at her as soon as I let go. It won't work." Nik informs me.

"Ugh fine." I sigh defeatedly.

He sets me back on my feet but I don't run. I instead smooth out my clothes. I look at Hayley to see an amused smirk on her lips.

Nik follows my gaze before sighing. "Drop the smile or I'll be dealing with the situation." He threatens.

Hayley rolls her eyes but obeys. Now it was my turn to smirk.

"I brought your stuff. Old laptop, your jersey, the charm bracelet." Caroline says as she walks into the room with a large box.

"Care, this isn't a good time." Tyler responds awkwardly.

"Just take it." Caroline says as she shoves the box into Tyler's hands.

"Aww, Caroline." I sigh walking over and embracing her in a hug.

"By the break-up drama unfolding before me I assume you've met Hayley." Nik guesses, pity lacing his words.

Caroline says nothing and I release her from the hug.

"All right, come on, let's go. Let's leave them alone. Your talents are needed elsewhere." Nik says, trying to usher all of the hybrids out of the house.

"For what?" Tyler asks.

"I think you've got more important things to deal with, mate." Nik responds.

———

As we walk through a familiar neighborhood, Nik dials Stefan's phone number, putting him on speaker so I wouldn't be out of the loop.

"I don't want to talk about it." Stefan says as soon as he picks up the phone.

"Well, I can't imagine why, what with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid filled future." Nik replies.

"Well, it wouldn't have happened, if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy." Stefan retorts.

"Well, life's full of ifs, Stefan. But let's accentuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five; we'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?" Nik responds.

"You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?" Stefan questions.

"I vote Tyler or Hayley." I interject.

"Why do you say that?" Stefan asks.

"There was bit of a spat between Hayley and Ivy at the Lockwood home today." Nik explains.

"No way! Ivy actually fought somebody?" Stefan questions, amusement in his voice.

"I tried, but Nik picked me up." I grumble.

"Ah well, I'm sure you can get her next time. Just make sure I'm there." Stefan chuckles.

"You got it Steffy." I reply with a smile.

"Alright, let's not encourage my girlfriend to fight a werewolf. I am however, concerned about your beloved. Have the hallucinations started yet?" Nik questions.

"What do you know about that?" Stefan asks after a short pause.

"I'll tell you. Where are you?" Nik questions.

"I'm at her house." Stefan answers.

"How convenient, so am I." Nik says, knocking on the door.

Stefan opens the front door and walks outside, past us. We follow closely behind him.

"You know, this would all be a lot more civilized if I was just invited inside." Nik states.

"It's bad enough I'm out here talking to you. What do you know?" Stefan asks.

"I killed the original five hunters, remember? When one kills a hunter, there's a bit of a consequence." Nik says.

"What kind of consequence?" Stefan asks.

"The hunters were spelled by witches to kill vampires; if you prevent one from fulfilling his destiny then he'll take you down with him." Nik explains.

"What do you mean? Connor's dead." Stefan says, looking confused.

"I mean, Connor's death won't prevent him from making Elena his final vampire kill. She'll need to come with me now. I'll lock her up, keep her away from any sharp wooden objects." Nik says.

"She's not going anywhere with you." Stefan protests.

"Well, if we leave her alone, she'll take her own life before the day is out." Nik states.

"She's stronger than that." Stefan says confidently.

"Is she? Believe me, it's for her own good." Nik says.

We stand around in silence for a moment before the front door opens. Elena runs onto the porch and stops.

Suddenly, Nik had grabbed Elena and I, vamp-speeding us away from the house.

———

I follow behind Nik as he walks through our shared home, pulling Elena through the house.

One of Nik's hybrids, Chris, opens the door to a room for Nik.

We walk into it while Elena continues to struggle in his hold. "Let go of me." She grunts.

"Certainly." Nik pauses, letting go of her arm once she was safely contained in the room. "I apologize for the lack of windows; it's to preserve the art. And of course to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun."

"I'm not gonna kill myself. I would never do that." Elena says.

"Oh, but you'll want to. I did. Problem is, I'm immortal." Nik states. I rub his arm comfortingly.

"You went through this?" Elena questions.

"Yes, I did. For fifty-two years, four months, and nine days. I was tormented, in my dreams, my every waking moment, relentless, never-ending torture. It was the only period of my life when I actually felt time. The only thing that kept me sane was the thought that I'd some day be united with my soulmate. Now that I have, I can say it was worth every agonizing second." Nik replies.

I smile at him warmly.

"So, you knew that this would happen if Connor died? That's why you got involved. Did Stefan know too?" Elena questions.

"All he knew was that the hunter had to be kept alive. You should have listened to him when he said he had it covered, love." Nik responds.

"What else does Stefan know?" Elena asks.

"Well, that's one of life's little mysteries, isn't it?" Nik smirks.

Nik takes my hand in his, this time I don't rip it away.

We begin to walk out of the room, but we stop when Elena speaks. "How did you make it stop?"

"I didn't. Eventually it just stopped. The hallucinations tend to appear in strange forms." Nik states.

He then knocks on the door of the chamber. Chris opens the door, letting us leave.

Nik offers some parting words to Elena. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

———

I sat with Nik at the bar of the mystic grill.

I had forgiven him under the condition that as soon as Rebekah was undaggered, he would give her a long heartfelt apology that he actually meant.

"Place looks pretty good considering your hybrid got blown up in it." Caroline says as she walks over to us.

"Caroline. To what do we owe the pleasure?" Nik asks.

Caroline was the only friend of mine that Nik actually semi liked.

I had asked him to be extra nice to her lately, due to her situation with Tyler.

"I want you to give Elena back." She states simply.

"Ah, they sent you to sweet talk us. Well, good form, but I'm afraid I can't do it." Nik replies.

"Why not?" Caroline asks.

"She needs his help, Care. We're trying to protect her." I answer.

Caroline scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Look, I'm not gonna burden you with the gory details, I know you have enough on your plate already." Nik says.

"That's none of your business, actually." Caroline states.

"Yes, well, just know that if Tyler was still sired to me I wouldn't have let him hurt one of Ivy's best friends." Nik says.

"You came all the way out here. Do you at least want a drink or something?" I ask.

"Yeah. Thanks." Caroline gives a small smile.

———

After we had been sitting around for awhile, Caroline's phone pinged with a notification.

As she read it, her face dropped.

I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, waiting for her to explain.

"So, here's the thing, I didn't just come here to try to get you to release Elena." She says nervously.

"You don't say." Nik says sarcastically.

"I came here to distract you so that Stefan could go to your house and break her out, which he did. And, don't get mad, but then he lost her." Caroline explains.

I look at her with wide eyes.

Can anyone in this town just listen for two seconds?

Nik gets up in a fury, yet still gentle as he grabs my hand.

"Klaus..." Caroline starts.

"Caroline, you're a good friend to Ivy and all, but if you don't stop talking, I will kill you." He threatens.

He turns around and we start walking.

"They figured out how to stop the hallucinations." Caroline calls after us, stopping us in our tracks.

"Okay, you have ten seconds to tell me." Nik states.

———

Nik had quickly sped the two of us back to our house, only to find the hybrid that was supposed to be watching Elena, standing in the hallway with a duffel bag.

"Going somewhere?" Nik asks sharply before grabbing him by the throat and speeding him into the staircase.

"When I said don't let her out of your sight, what did you think I meant?" Nik asks rhetorically.

"It's not his fault, it's mine. I was distracting you. It's my fault she got away!" Tyler shouts.

"Then maybe you should be the one to die for it." Nik responds.

"No one has to die!" Hayley yells.

Nik speeds over to stand threatingly in front of Hayley.

"I've about had enough of you today. First you insult my girlfriend, right in front of me and I let you live. Now you interfere in my affairs. I think it's about time you mind your own damn business!"

"Tyler's covering for me. I'm the one that let her go." Hayley says.

"Hayley..." Tyler warns.

"No. You want someone dead, go ahead. Kill me. I'd rather die anyway than end up as one of your sired little bitches." She spits.

"Don't tempt me, little wolf." Nik growls before turning back to Chris.

"Your existence is to serve me. To please me. Do you understand?"

"I'm sorry, I won't fail you again." Chris replies.

"No, you won't." Nik pauses moving aside.

"Get out of here." Chris quickly walks to the front door.

However, he doesn't make it very far as Stefan comes through the door and stabs him with a stake. Chris falls to the ground, not dead, but incapacitated.

"No!" Hayley shouts.

My eyes go wide as I watch Jeremy walk into the house with a clever.

"Jeremy? What the hell, man?!" Tyler says fearfully.

"I'm sorry." Stefan says shamefully.

The next thing I new, Nik had hid my face in his chest, shielding my eyes from the gruesome sight of Chris getting his head chopped off.

With that kill, Elena was released from the grips of the hunter's curse.

———

The weather where I live keeps switching from like 80 degrees to 40 and my allergies are going crazy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6.2K 58
Ranked #23 in #klausmikaelson stories โ˜บ๏ธ *** "Did I make the great Klaus Mikaelson care for someone like me?" *** in which Rebekah returns to take ca...
265K 5.1K 67
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
257K 8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...