His angel ~a Klaus Mikaelson...

By LibraBby111

Klaus Mikaelson is a cruel monster to most that know of him. When the said monster turns up in mystic falls h... More

Mood boards and character description
Triggers and disclaimers
Oops hehe
Baby's first kidnapping
Breakfast discussions
I just feel stupid
What? I like sugar. Sue me
Babysitters club
You know you love me
My best friend Eli
Betrayal
Disco inferno
Morning conversations
Dance until you drop
Pre-sugar rush
A vile accusation
Coffee and compulsion
Do you want to kiss me?
Negotiations
My saving grace
You're an angel
Blushing in the bar
Piggyback
Nightmares
Looking...edible
Shop until you drop
Would you get off the floor?
Flowers and phone calls
Backstabbers
Floating
Nik
Birthday blues
Bump in the night
Dinner party from hell
Let them eat cake
You look beautiful
Sacrifices of the innocent
Apologies mean nothing to the dead
Forgiveness and fighting
Full consent to punch
Mending relationships
Pain
Loss
I need to sanitize my mouth!
Familiar faces
I'm not going anywhere
Smack down
Dream a little dream of me
I want you
He's so perfect!
Surprise!
Cold shoulder
Apology fruit
Taunting
If only you spoke Aramaic
Sister, sister
Teddy bear
Poison ivy
Prom night
Brand new city
THE END
SEQUEL

Vampire history lesson

8.5K 143 20
By LibraBby111

————

Yesterday sucked.

It was very dangerous and eventful for everyone...except me.

You see, for a reason that has been explained to me about a thousand times but I can never remember, all of the supernatural creatures who resided in the other side got a free ticket to come screw with mystic falls.

Upon hearing this information, (and by hearing this information I mean being tortured by a very dead Mason Lockwood) Damon quite literally locked me in my room, saying "it's safer than having you running loose with ghosts around."

So today, when I was finally let out of my room and the ghost problem solved, I was at school.

Rebekah had asked me to sit in the bleachers while she was at cheer practice.

I agreed happily.

I spent the time texting with Nik about random stuff and sending smiles of encouragement to Rebekah.

After a while Rebekah needed a water break, so she came up to me. I handed her the water bottle with a smile.

"You're doing really good." I encourage.

"Thanks. We should be done in a couple more minutes." She informs me.

"Okay." I smile.

I look warily at Elena who was walking up to us.

"You! Goody." Rebekah says sarcastically, noticing Elena's presence.

"I was hoping you and I could talk." Elena explains, completely ignoring me.

"About what? Stefan? Don't worry, I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest." Rebekah shoots back.

"Actually, I'd rather talk about this." Elena says as she holds up a photo of Rebekah's name written in Runic on a cave wall.

"I'm curious why you and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father." She adds.

My face drops at the mention of Nik's father. Remembering everything the hybrid had told me about that monster.

"I should get back to the girls. Homecoming's right around the corner." Rebekah says, turning to leave.

"Well then, maybe I'll ask Mikael when we wake him." Elena grabs her attention.

"Alright, that's enough Elena. Just leave her alone." I say, only earning an eye roll in return.

"You're bluffing! You don't know where he is. No one does." Rebekah states angrily, a hint of fear in her voice.

"So, then who's rotting in that old cemetery in Charlotte?" Elena asks, already knowing the answer.

"If you wake Mikael, we are all doomed!" Rebekah exclaims.

"So then, tell me." Elena demands.

"Why do you want to know?" Rebekah questions.

"Why don't you want me to wake him?" Elena questions back.

"I need to get back to the girls." Rebekah dodges the question, leaving me with Elena.

"You don't know who the hell you're dealing with. Just drop it and quit trying to ruin their lives." I speak up.

"Oh and you know? Why would they tell you and not me. Nobody likes you."

"I don't owe you an explanation. You can hate me all you want, but you're in the wrong."

————

After school Rebekah and I went back to the Salvatore house, where we were both staying at the moment.

She had invited Elena over to try and show her why she shouldn't wake Mikael.

I didn't think it was a good idea, but she insisted.

"Hey! What's up?" I hear Rebekah ask cheerfully.

I turn my head to see Elena walk through the door.

"You invited me over? To talk?" Elena speaks.

"All right girls, have at it!" Rebekah calls out.

I watch as six girls come out, all dressed in fancy dresses. "Okay, now twirl please." Rebekah says.
They do as they're told, obviously under compulsion.

"You compelled your own private runway show?" Elena asks in disbelief.

"I need a Homecoming dress. So, what do you think? Pick one." Rebekah responds.

"I'm not here to help you shop. I'm here to talk about why you don't want me to wake up Mikael." Elena states sharply.

Rebekah then rushes to one of the girls, grabs her neck, and shoes the veins that grow under her eyes.

"I said "pick one", Elena."

"The...red one." She responds.

"There. It wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Was that really needed?" I ask Rebekah.

"No, but it was fun. Which one do you like? Your opinion matters most." Rebekah replies.

"I like the red one too. It'll look nice with your hair." I smile softly.

"Thank you." She grins before turning to the compelled girls.

"Go away. Remember nothing."

The girls leave and Rebekah picks up her glass of champagne.

"You do not threaten me. You'll learn what I allow you to learn. Is that clear?" Rebekah warns Elena.

Elena nods.

Rebekah then walks past her and grabs my hand, leading us away.

———

Rebekah had decided it would be fun to snoop through all of Stefan's belongings.

I didn't participate, but I wasn't about to rain on her parade, so I just stood beside her.

"How fun is this...?" She asks, opening one of Stefan's drawers.

"We shouldn't be here..." Elena says.

"Course we should! Come on, like you've never wanted to snoop." Rebekah replies, holding up a pair of Stefan's underwear. "Boxer briefs. A lot has changed since the twenties."

I rock back and forth on my heels awkwardly.

"Are you gonna root through his stuff all night or are you gonna start to tell me your story?" Elena questions impatiently.

"Ah...you really are no fun. What do you want to know?" Rebekah asks.

"Well, Elijah said that your father was a landowner in Europe. How did you guys end up here?" Elena questions.

My heart pangs at the mention of Elijah. I miss him so much. I was planning on asking Nik if he could undagger him when he got back.

"My parents had just started a family, when a plague struck their homeland. They lost a child to it. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate." Rebekah begins to explain.

"So, how did you end up here? This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet." Elena says.

"Not by anyone in your history books. But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy...blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here, where we lived amongst those people." Rebekah answers.

"The werewolves?" I question, trying to make sure I got my information correct.

"To us, they were just our neighbors. My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children, including me." Rebekah responds.

"You make it sound so normal." Elena states.

"It was." Rebekah pauses for a second before continuing with her story. "Once a month our family retreated into the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night and by morning we'd return home..."

"One full moon, Klaus and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price. And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbors. And one of the last moments my family had together as humans."

I listen intently to Rebekah, taking in the story.

We were all brought out of our thoughts when Elena's phone buzzed.

"You better get that. That'll be Damon checking up on you." Rebekah says.

————

Rebekah and I were lying on the bed.

Rebekah read through one of Stefan's journals, while I just stared at the ceiling.

"Did you get your fill of snooping yet? Can we get on with the story?" Elena questions.

Rebekah gets up; she picks up a photo of Elena and Stefan from a table. "Honestly, I don't get you two as a couple."

"Why would you? You don't know anything about who he really is." Elena defends.

"I know exactly who he is. He's a vampire. We're a predatory species. We don't have time to care about humans and their silly little lives." Rebekah shoots back.

"Uhh excuse me. I thought I was your best friend?" I questions in mock hurt, pouting my lips.

"You're different. You know how important your little human life is to the Mikaelson family." She chuckles.

"What? Why is she important to your family?" Elena asks confused and suspicious.

Rebekah looks at me and I shake my head rapidly, my expression telling her not to say anything about the soulmate ordeal.

Rebekah was quick to shoot down her question.

"Frankly, I don't see how that's any of your damn business."

"You know what, I'm just gonna go." Elena says angrily.

"You haven't even heard half the story." Rebekah states.

"And you are not going to tell it. You're just bored and looking for someone to push around. Find someone else to play with...maybe you can compel yourself a friend." Elena replies, starting to leave.

"The necklace wasn't Stefan's to give. It belonged to the Original Witch." Rebekah says, stopping Elena in her tracks.

"The one who put the hybrid curse on Klaus?" Elena asks, turning around.

"Not just the hybrid curse. She's the one who turned us into vampires."

"I'm thirsty. Do you want a drink?" Rebekah asks after letting Elena sit with the information for a second.

She goes down to the library with Elena and I following behind her.

"So, vampirism was a form of protection?" Elena asks.

"What else would it be?" Rebekah questions.

"A curse?" Elena guesses.

"My parents only saw a way of keeping their children alive." Rebekah explains.

"Yeah, but why stay, if they were so afraid of the werewolves? Why not...leave?" Elena questions.

"Pride...My father didn't want to run anymore. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they could bite, we had to bite harder. Where they had speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses..." Rebekah explains further.

Rebekah then went on to the a story about how the witch Ayana would not give their family the gifts they asked for. She ended the story recalling how her father told her mother that the task of protecting their family was now in her hands.

"In her hands? How could she do anything?" Elena's asks.

"Because my mother was also a witch." Rebekah states.

"What?" Elena asks, a little shocked.

I already new this information of course, since Nik told me his mother was the one the cast a spell to give him a soulmate.

"The witch of the Original Family. The Original Witch?" Rebekah explains to Elena.

With that sentence we enter the library. Rebekah immediately looking through some random shelves.

"Where do they keep their best vintage?"

"But if your mother was a witch, then..." Elena speaks, ignoring Rebekah's question.

"Am I? No, a witch is nature's servant; a vampire is an abomination of nature. You can either be one or the other, never both. My mother did this for us. She did not turn."

"How did you turn?" Elena asks.

"She called upon the sun for life, and the ancient white oak tree, one of nature's eternal objects, for immortality. That night, my father offered us wine laced with blood. And then he drove his sword through our hearts."

"He killed you?" Elena asks, shocked he would do such a thing.

I truly hope she sees what an idiotic idea it would be to wake this guy.

"And he wasn't delicate about it either." Rebekah spits out, taking a bottle of wine and ripping off the neck of the bottle, throwing it into the fireplace. "We had to drink more blood to complete the ritual."

She pauses before continuing.

"It was...euphoric. The feeling of power was indescribable...but the witch Ayana was right about the consequences. The spirits turned on us, and nature fought back...For every strength there would be a weakness...The sun became our enemy. It kept us indoors for weeks. And though my mother found a solution, there were other problems. Neighbors who had opened their homes to us could now keep us out. Flowers at the base of the white oak burned, and prevented compulsion. And the spell decreed that the tree that gave us life could also take it away...so we burned it to the ground. But the darkest consequence was something my parents never anticipated...The hunger. Blood...had made us reborn and it was blood that we craved above all else. We could not control it... And with that, the predatory species was born...

"Why did Mikael start hunting Klaus?" Elena asks.

"When Nik made his first human kill, it triggered his werewolf gene. With that, he became my father's greatest shame." Rebekah explains.

I frown at the mention of Nik's past with his father.

"Yeah. Elijah told me this part of the story. Your mother had had an affair with one of the werewolf villagers. Klaus wasn't his son." Elena recalls her conversation with the original.

"She tried to make it right. She put the hybrid curse on Nik to suppress his werewolf side, and then she turned her back on him. But Mikael's greatest weakness as a human was his pride. As a vampire, that was magnified. He went on a rampage and killed half the village. Then he came home and killed her."

"Mikael killed your mother?" Elena questions, stunned.

"He said she broke his heart so he would break hers. He tore it from her chest as Nik watched." Rebekah says, a blank look on her face. "Afterwards, my father took off in a rage, and the rest of my family scattered. Nik stayed, so he could help me bury her. He knew I had to say goodbye to my mother."

Rebekah tells the story of that day and the oath they swore to each other.

"Always and forever...even though he locked you in a coffin for ninety years?" Elena questions.

"We're vampires. Our emotions are heightened. I'm stubborn, Elijah moral, and Nik...Nik has no tolerance for those who disappoint him. Over a thousand years as a family we've all made that mistake at least once. I've made it several times." Rebekah explains.

"But you still love him?" Elena asks again.

I was starting to get irritated with all of her questions about Nik, most of them being rude about him, but I kept my mouth shut.

"He's my brother. And I'm immortal. Should I spend an eternity alone instead?" Rebekah asks. She pauses before snapping "You've heard the story, it's time to go." When Elena doesn't move for a second she shouts. "I said leave, Elena! I don't know what you're up to, but I'm no longer playing along."

"I'm just looking for one good reason why we shouldn't wake Mikael." Elena says.

I look at her as if she had lost her mind.

"And I've given you a thousand! But you will anyway. I know you want him to help you kill my brother, I'm not stupid."

With that my head whips around to look at Rebekah. "What!?"

"It's no secret that I want Klaus dead. He has a hold over Stefan's life, and over mine." Elena responds, ignoring me.

"Do what you need. Wake Mikael at your own peril. But make no mistake, if you come after my brother, I will rip you apart. And I get my temper from my father. Now leave!" Rebekah says, her voice raising at the end.

I found a little comfort in the fact Rebekah would protect Nik.

———

Elena had left, and I started freaking out about her trying to kill Nik. So Rebekah had gotten me some water and given me a hug.

We were now relaxing. I was sitting on a chair and Rebekah was pouring herself a glass of scotch.

"I thought I told you to leave. Twice." Rebekah says, making look up to see Elena entering the room.

I inwardly rolled my eyes.

"How do you know that Mikael killed your mother?" She questions.

"Nik was there. He told me." Rebekah states.

"He lied to you." Elena says confidently. I narrow my eyes at her.

"And how do you know that?" I question.

"The cave where you carved your family's names is covered in symbols." She shows Rebekah the photos of a cave wall conveying a story. "The story of your family: how your parents arrived, how they made peace, the spell that turned them into vampires, and this. This is the symbol for hybrid. It's a combination of the werewolf and the vampire symbol. And this is the one for your mother."

"Her necklace." Rebekah says, looking at the picture.

"And this is the story of her death. The hybrid killed the Original Witch. Not Mikael. Klaus." Elena explains.

I watch her with wide eyes.

I didn't know how to react. My first instinct was to defend Nik, but I was also upset for Rebekah.

"No! No, he wouldn't." Rebekah denies.

"She put the curse on him, made it so that he would be the only one of his kind, and then she rejected him. With the werewolf gene comes aggression and violence...when he turned, all of that was heightened. He killed her, Rebekah. And then he made up this entire lie about your father, so that he wouldn't lose you." Elena says.

"These mean nothing! They're just stupid drawings, done by stupid people who had no idea who my family was!" Rebekah shouts, taking the photos and ripping them up before throwing them in the fireplace.

"Then why are you so upset?" Elena questions.

"Why are you doing this to me? I've done nothing to you!" Rebekah yells.

"Klaus killed your mother. He has a hold on you, on me, on everyone. He has for a thousand years. We have to make it stop!" Elena tries to convince her.

Rebekah grabs Elena by the throat and veins grow under her eyes. "Shut up! Shut up! Don't talk anymore! Nothing!"

Rebekah stops after a second, calms down slightly, and lets go of Elena. She begins to gasp, falls onto her knees and starts to sob, while Elena looks at her sadly and guiltily.

I rush to her side, pulling her into a tight hug as she sobs into the crook of my neck.

"You need to go." I look at Elena with a sharp glare.

"But-"

"Go. Now."

——————

Klivy will reunited next chapter and I will actually be happy yay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 7.4K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories ☺️ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...
264K 5.1K 67
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
1.5M 28.6K 45
Adeline Andrew's was living a normal life in Mystic Falls, until the most feared vampire in the world showed up. Klaus Mikaelson thought there was on...
46.6K 1.6K 36
Rosalie Salvatore and Klaus Mikaelson left for New Orleans. When her visions and nightmares get worse and then she is faced with the most difficult c...