Queen Joker.

Av HouseOfCards_xx

The smile that curled on my lips was huge. "You talk of them as if they are people." I shook my head, my smi... Mer

Welcome
Characters (new aesthetics.)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
A/N
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

18

175 8 2
Av HouseOfCards_xx

Aria's Pov:

I let out a cough as Angel hoisted me up a little. 

"Look, we just have to find a car, Right?" She breathlessly asked me. 

I nodded. "We'll have to hot wire it to use but yes." 

She scrunched those perfect eyebrows of hers and tilted her head, "Hot wire?" 

I internally groaned "We will have to break into the car." I re worded.

"Aria. I do not know how to do that." She scoffed. 

I finally looked up at her and glared at her. "If you cant even drive a car, you really think that i'm gonna expect you to be able to break into one?" 

She rolled her blue eyes at me and crossed her arms. "I was literally just saying. in case you forgot or something." 

"Don't worry. I'm not as dumb as you." I snapped. 

Hurt flashed in her eyes as she looked at me. I blinked in surprise, she could have done anything in that moment, but it wouldn't have surprised me more then it did at her reaction to my snappy sentence. 

"Hey-" I started

"We should really find that car." She interrupted. 

I swallowed as I watched her turn her back to me and mess with her hair in discomfort. 

Yet that just made me wonder even more. I had never had a full conversation with Angel for more then 10 minuets. Though, how much of that would be considered a conversation due to her screaming at me for burning her clothes is a bit difficult to discern. 

She spoke of branded terms a lot yet never wore much of them, she seemed to fill her head with all of the knowledge about designer clothes yet apart from her 100% cashmere cardigan, not one bit of her outfit had any brand names on whatsoever. 

I shook my head this wasn't important, stopping my wound bleeding was. 

"How are you planning on getting the car though? We are literally in the middle of the forest." I reasoned, thinking out loud. 

Angel turned to me and bit her lip. "Yeah, how are we?" 

I sighed. "Your gonna have to go." 

"ME?" She asked aghast. 

"Well considering that i can't exactly walk, yes." I rolled my eyes. 

"Hell no." She refused. "Can't like you use your phone and call your boyfriend to pick you up." 

I blinked. "Angel. DON'T YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE TRIED THAT BY NOW?" 

"OH FUCK OFF." she screamed. 

My mouth dropped to the floor. Angel could swear? What? and then I felt a small bubble of laughter make it's way through me. And before i knew it i was laughing so hard that i couldn't breath. 

"What?" Angel asked blinking 

"N-nothing." I gasped "I just didn't expect you to swear." 

I looked up to Angel to see her amusedly roll her eyes. 

"It wasn't that surprising." She muttered. 

I shook my head and took a deep breath in. We needed to figure out how to get out of this forest. I slowly stumbled upon to my knees and using the tree behind me, I pushed myself up. I gritted my teeth as my back seared in pain. 

At least the wound was on my back. 

At least then it would just blend in with all of my other scars. 

I bitterly scoffed at that. Here I was thankful that the wound was only on my back and not anywhere else, when any other normal person would be more worried about it scarring them. 

It was then that I noticed that Angel was looking at me wide eyed. 

"Was it just me that saw you get stabbed in the back only 5 minuets ago?" She blinked. 

"No. but it was only me that felt it." I sassed back. 

"You shouldn't really be walking, you-" 

"Then who else is going to find a car?" I reasoned with her. 

She then shut up and looked to the floor. "Oh." She spoke

I stumbled forward, taking a large gasp as I nearly tripped over. Angel immediately moved forward to catch me just before i did and in the process reached out towards the tree behind me. 

"Damnit." She cursed. "My nails." 

I scrunched my eyebrows as I looked down at her nails and blinked at the horrifying state of her nail. at least 2 or 3 of them were chipped or totally broken off. 

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle as I watched her face of pure sadness. 

"Are they really that important?" I asked her. 

"YES." She snapped. "I got them done yesterday!" 

"Can you not jus go back and get them re-done?" I reasoned. 

"NO. They were expensive, five hundred dollars for the full manicure and nails. Not to mention the tip i had to give afterwards." She forlornly explained. 

I visibly flinched as she said those words. 

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS? 

"FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS?" I echoed. "Who the hell spends that much on NAILS?" 

"I only get them done every month now." She justified. 

"Must be nice on living of your dad's wealth." I muttered. 

Angel snapped her head at me. "It was my money." 

I raised an eyebrow. "Angelina. The pocket money that your dad gives you doesn't count as your own money."  

I watched Angels whole demeanour switch as I said that. She looked at me blankly but the anger in them was evident. 

"It was the money that I EARNED as a model. My money. Not his. Mine. I'd never accept his pity money anyways. And its ANGEL." She spat. 

I raised one hand in surrender. 

"Alright. Ok. I'm sorry. I was wrong." I bitterly accepted. 

Angel said nothing she just looked forwards, while still holding my other arm to support me. Yet it just made me even more curious about her. 

I thought back to how she would treat people like absolute garbage and order them around like they were there to serve her, how she had a little tantrum like a baby when her clothes got burned and how she had reacted to harsh words by crying at them and running out of the room. 

Then I looked at her now. 

Here she was in the middle of the forest, her clothes ruined, five hundred dollar nails absolutely destroyed and god knows how much her dress costed her, because it was covered in mud and torn all around the bottom, not to mention her heels that she was hobbling on that had been shredded apart. 

Yet she hadn't cried, not bossed me about let alone have a tantrum. 

I mean sure she had refused to go and look for the car but at least here she was helping me very slowly find our way to the end of the forest where we would perhaps find a car. 

"How do you find modelling."I blurted out. 

I had never even thought about the topic but the question blurted out of my big mouth itself. 

Angel paused. Shocked at my questioning. 

"It's ok." She nodded. 

Then we were both silent again. 

Angel sighed. 

"I hate it." 

I blinked. Huh? 

"What?" I countered. 

"I hate it." She repeated. " I hate modelling." 

I glanced at her, in absolute confusion. 

"Then why do it?" I ignorantly pondered. 

"Because not everyone has the joy of doing what they want. It brings me money and I need the money." She answered back. 

I mean, fair enough. But i assumed a woman so beautiful like Angel would adore modelling, not only because of her looks but because of her attention seeker personality, (no offence to her but she really was like that).

"Well, what do you want to do?" I retorted. lost by her reasoning. 

She hesitated as she spoke "Well, I guess, I did quite want to be a fashion designer."

"Did?" I countered once more. 

"Yes." She numbly replied. 

"So if I waved a job interview in front of you to become a low class fashion designer, would you take it?" I teased. 

"In a heartbeat." She whispered. 

"So do it then!" I exclaimed. 

"I can't. No company accepted me." She truthfully admitted. 

I snorted. Not because no company accepted her but the up front way in which she said it, i found rather amusing. 

"Then make your own." I contended with her. 

"I- Do you never shut up. I honestly still don't get what Leo sees in you." She chided. 

At the mention of Leo, I got excited.

I bet when he sees that I got stabbed he will be all 'oh no' and like caring. And then he can feel bad about bullying me this morning. 

But then I shook my head. Thinking back to what Angel had actually said. 

"I literally don't see your problem. I'm fucking great." I scoffed. 

Angel stopped in her tracks and raised an eyebrow. 

"You are literally wearing a jeans and a baggy shirt right now." She shook her head in appalment. 

"So?" I defended. "It's cute." 

"Not if you want to look homeless." She clicked her tongue in distaste. 

"I don't think homeless people would have to worry about their clothes" I debated. 

"You talk a lot, you don't have any idea what to wear and you somehow get yourself into the worst positions in life. I mean look here, we are stuck in the middle of the forest for the past 45 minuets." She ignored me. 

"Hey! I never told you to help me." I argued. 

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I SAVED your life." 

"I never asked you to." I scoffed. 

"WOW." She gaped. "The gratitude is so strong." 

I rolled my eyes again. So what? 

The Angel cleared her throat and straightened up. 

"But you make him happy. That's more then I could ever do." She smiled softly. 

I froze. What was Angels deal? Why the hell was she acting like this?

"What is your de-" I gasped. 

I could feel myself falling onto the floor and everything becoming blurry but just then I heard shouts from behind of a man calling Angel's name. 

Everything started going muffled and all I could hear was the sound of me wheezing to try and get some breath in. 

What was happening? 

"Cruz!" I heard Angel gasp. 

"RUN. TAKE THE CAR ANGEL, THEY ARE COMING." The man screamed back. 

Angel said something else but I couldn't hear her, everything was going dark and i can only assume that i had been stabbed again, but by what? 

How? 

In the same place?

"C'mon Aria." Was all I heard. 

From then on I kept on opening my eyes but i could never fully understand where i was in which place i had been kept in. 

Until - 

-I saw his face. 

Worry folded into every line of his handsome face as he looked down at me, I felt myself reach up to wipe to creases away, to try and  tell him not to cry but the words stopped at my mouth  and everything went-

-dark. 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

2.6K 161 18
I tried to ignore them as he whispered seriously, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be...
My Boss Av Brie

Romantikk

637K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
116K 4.2K 59
||C O M P L E T E D|| || A Mafia generic story, in addition with new aspects and divergence|| ||Slow editing|| ~*~ "I am...
1.2K 133 31
Book 1 of the Never Again Series "Let me see your head," he says coming behind me. I scoot away, "Don't worry about it, I'm use to people hitting me...