Queen Joker.

By HouseOfCards_xx

The smile that curled on my lips was huge. "You talk of them as if they are people." I shook my head, my smi... More

Welcome
Characters (new aesthetics.)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
A/N
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

16

242 9 32
By HouseOfCards_xx

Leo's Pov: 

When Kyro had found out that Lyra was pregnant he had immediately started looking for houses, for him, Lyra and his child to live in. 

He wanted to start building his family. He thought that he could finally get the life that he had always dreamed off. 

While he was looking for his house he stumbled upon one house that caught his interests. One that was a 20 minuet drive from the House Of Cards. 

He gifted this to me for my birthday. 

But the thing was that he sort of forgot that my birthday was on October 6th and definitely not march the 7th. 

When I told him that it was not in fact my birthday he shrugged and said, and I quote:

"Oh well, free house for you I guess. Have fun." 

For years that house has just been sitting there unused. But now, now I think i found a very good use for it. 

I think it would be rather useful for a extremely crazy, volatile, short individual. 

All of the weird experimentations she wanted to do she could there. I mean I've heard about her dreams to see who would die by the chandelier in the foyer and how she was curious about the fire resistant doors. 

But most importantly she wouldn't be so bored anymore, this house has a way of making people so incredibly suffocated that they cannot seem to enjoy themselves. I want the best for Ari and for that she needs somewhere better then this. 

Yesterday when she spoke of having a home to herself then I realised that for that to happen she would have to get out of this hellhole and at least live elsewhere.

Then I sighed. 

Looking down at the new paper work on my desk. 

After Venus had left yesterday, she had created chaos. 

Absolute utter chaos. 

Apparently from the report that had been sent to me by Sebastian Rozario himself, which was rather surprising as if he finds the need to say anything he would just turn up unannounced and start screaming.

Yet this time he chose to be, well, not an idiot. 

The report explained how Venus had forcefully made her way into Sebastian's mansion and started screaming. 

Literally screaming apparently. 

like incoherent screaming. 

She then apparently took one of the maids by the neck and demanded that Sebastian show his face and if he didn't then she would 'take his fossilised balls'. 

I had to stop here and take a deep breath. I then continued. 

From then, Sebastian had arrived. 

The interesting thing with this report was that Sebastian never mentioned just what exactly Venus had talked to him about. 

He only spoke vaguely what the conversation was. 

"The Queen of Spades was refusing to take my grandson as her Ace. I figured that after our conversation that you would have at least made her understand of the circumstances behind this." 

Is what he only said. 

He however forgot to mention all about his hidden son and the fact that he was still trying to fool me. 

Even still, he was still trying to fool us. 

I picked up the pen near me and started my response. 

"It seems that there has been a slight confusion. I have been told that the person who The Queen of Spades has taken for an Ace is in fact a Rozario. 
Do not think that I am unaware of these things. It would also serve you and your family if you just decided not to make such a fuss of this matter as I am fully aware of the identity of the person you are trying to hide. 

So this problem, is not mine to solve. If you had any brain then you wouldn't send me a pathetic little report on this but come to beg for my mercy. 

Solve it before, I solve it for you. I expect that you know exactly what to do."  

I paced the pen down and looked down at the paper. If even after this he did not come and beg for my mercy then I had some serious changes to make in the House Of Cards. 

"Madden." I called. 

The door immediately opened and Madden poked his head in. His annoying hair tied back and a small smile on his face. 

"Sir?" He asked. 

"Make sure that this gets to Sebastian Rozario, send one of the Jacks, whichever have nothing important to do." I sighed

"Yes sir!" He nodded.

I ran a hand through my hair. Exhausted already. 

"Say, sir weren't you supposed to be on a break for a week or so?" Madden cautiously asked me. 

I glared at him. "You really think that break is possible with siblings like mine?" 

Madden blinked at me in surprise. 

"What?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Nothing its just-" He started but shook his head. "It's just that, Kyro would say the exact same thing." 

Now I widened my eyes in surprise. Madden gave a sheepish smile, but the sadness in his face was evident. 

One of the reasons that I had made Madden the leader of my Elite force was because of his skills, but there was something else about Madden that had made me want to chose him. 

When Kyro was the King Joker, Madden was just a normal low level guard. 

As none of the previous King Joker's elite force can become the new King Joker's Elite force due to loyalty they would all have to be killed as they were seen as potential threats to the new reign, because after all, they were all trained assassins of some sort. 

There had been many cases of old elite forces planning assassinations to the new king jokers as they were angry that their own leader was killed. 

So the rule was made that once there was a new King Joker, one of the first jobs they would have to do was to execute all of the Elite forces and remake new ones. In fact it was used as a means to show power and show the authority of the new king Joker. 

This all changed after Kyro was made the King Joker. 

Kyro had to kill the old elite force as they were an actual threat to us due to them being handpicked by our father. 

But 2 years after this Kyro changed the rules. 

The old elite force must be granted pardon. They must, when selected, vow to leave the House Of Cards forever when their King Joker had been de-throned or killed. The Rules state that only when they are seen as an actual threat the King Joker can then kill them. 

Kyro even wrote up a retirement fud for the elite force. So that when they are forced to leave they do not have to worry about money. From what I hear, the money is a pretty good deal. 

Half a million per year. So in 2 years they would be millionaires. 

Madden had been a rather low level guard for most of the time until he had shot up unexpectedly from rank to rank. 

I mean the year before Kyro's death he had been made the section one commander. 

"How did you even know Kyro." I finally asked him. 

Madden froze but then smiled as he looked at me. "I looked up to him. The rules and changes that he had made within the entire mafia are what drove me to want to be someone who could help him make those changes." 

"So what? You did it out of loyalty?" I tilted my head. 

"No, well yes, but it was more then that. Kyro changed not only the things around him but the people too. I guess it was more that I wanted to protect that. So yes loyalty but also many other things." He truthfully explained. 

"He did have that affect on people." I murmured. 

"So do you, Sir. You my not see it but when your not raging at the entire world, you aren't too bad at that yourself." He scoffed. 

I glared at him then. 

But I didn't say anything. Something inside me warmed. 

For years I had been compared to by my father, or my mother. 

But for once I was compared to by my brother. There was just a different kind of honour being compared to Kyro. 

Brave, kind and warm. Those were the words that described my brother. 

Just then a rather impatient knock on the door sounded. Madden immediately made his way over to the door and opened it to reveal Kieran. 

One of my silent Guards that guarded the entrance doors of the mansion. I watched as Kieran erratically tried to tell Madden something but due to his inability to speak, it seemed that Madden had no idea what he was saying. 

I sighed. I guess I'd have to go and see what this was about. 

"Whats going on?" I asked as I walked over to them. 

"I have no idea Sir, he keeps on pointing towards the door." Madden answered. 

I scrunched my eyebrows as I watched Kieran look desperately at me, and then point towards the door. It really was inconvenient that he couldn't speak. 

Madden and I both looked a each other in absolute confusion. Just what the hell was this man trying to tell us? 

It was then that Kieran grabbed my arm. I was so caught of guard that I really couldn't help being pulled along by him. Madden instantly bought his gun out and clicked of the safety. 

I mean for all I knew Kieran could be trying to kill me and it was Madden's job to stop that happening. 

But nonetheless the gun didn't throw Kieran of dragging me into the foyer and his desperate pointing towards the entrance. 

I looked towards the entrance doors and saw nothing. Literally nothing. 

But then, Deimos ran straight through them. He was running fast but the panic on his face was drastic. 

"Deimos. What is it. I demanded." 

He looked at me, his whole face plastered with fear. 

"Sir, It's- It's Miss Aria-" He started. 

That was all I heard him say. It was all he needed to say. 

I ran through the doors before he could even finish breathing. Something was wrong. 

Aria? God what had happened? I didn't even know what had happened but the panic in Deimos's face had struck a fear inside me that couldn't ignore. 

As I made my way past the fountain I saw her. 

Clutching at her back as her eyes filled with pain. Chase was next to her trying to help her stand but she kept on faltering. But then I looked closely. 

Inky red blood covered her hands as she bought it out from her back. 

I stumbled as I saw this. I took in a sharp breath.

"ARIA." I screamed. 

I ran towards her just as she slipped from Chase's arms as she could no longer stay up. 

I caught her just before she landed on the floor. Her body weak in my arms. 

"Aria." I repeated looking down at her. 

Her green eyes half closing. Her brown hair a mess but she looked at me and through that she smiled. 

"Nice catch." She winced. 

"Aria what- What happened?" I pulled her closer to me. 

"Leo, remember last time?" She groaned. In pain. 

I shook my head. My mind to scattered to gather any thought together let alone remember anything. 

"You said." She stopped, shuddering. "You said that if i pass out I should warn you." 

"No. No, no, no." I begged her.

"I'm warning you now." She breathed out. 

"Aria, don't you dare. I swear if you do-" 

"Then what? You'll kill me?" She finished off 

I sad nothing just running a hand through her hair. 

"I'm already dying now Leo. I don't think you can kill me. Shame." She spluttered. 

"Aria. Please. Please don't. You aren't. Not yet. not ever." I carried on pleading with her.  "I can lose everything but not you...oh god not you please." 

"Please don't cry." She shook her head, watching my tears slide down my face. 

And then her eyes- 

-closed. 

I felt her body weaken in my arms. Slipping. 

My whole world was slipping. Everything was falling around me. 

And I just stayed there.

Looking down. 

At her. 

Wishing that this wasn't real. 

Aria Einfield was dead. 

I shook my head. No. No.

"Wake up." I demanded. "I SAID WAKE UP." 

but she didn't. She didn't even move.

"Come back." I barely made out from the pain that had clogged my throat. "Please just come back to me." 

....

I might change how i wrote this. I don't think its sad enough. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 369K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
6.4K 0 23
⚠⚠⚠be very careful. This book is mature and very, very strange. I can't explain it here, but be prepared for some weird shit⚠⚠⚠ I walked into the AA...
2.6K 161 18
I tried to ignore them as he whispered seriously, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be...
386K 2.3K 4
"You really think I'm playing around?" He grounds at me through gritted teeth and he takes a step closer and I begin to move back. "I gave you a stri...