The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176

12

2.1K 47 55
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

I hated how I was feeling.

Although I was not regretting running away with Julia, I was regretting the fact that I walked away from everything else.

The crime world was my place. It was where I thrived.

The feeling of someone being after you was a constant adrenaline rush.

It made me feel like I had a purpose and the power alone was something to miss.

I was trying to be strong for Julia because she was always so strong for me when I put her in dangerous situations.

Life just felt a little pointless at the moment. I didn't know what I was doing or when things would would get better.

"So, tell me about your day." I said as Julia dumped the abomination that was my attempt at spaghetti down the drain.

We decided to order a pizza since I dropped the ball on cooking. Julia and I were cleaning the kitchen while the kids watched TV in the other room.

"It was actually pretty easy. There was this really hot guy that came in though, so that was an extra bonus." She said as I nodded.

"Funny enough I went to get a drink before picking up the kids and my waitress was super hot, too." I said then smacked her ass as she washed the pan in her hand.

"It made me really happy that you came in to see me." She said and handed me the pan to dry and put away.

"Since I'm a loser, I'll probably be there every day." I said as she shook her head. "You're not a loser, Colby. You're just having to adjust and that's okay." She said then kissed my cheek.

I loved how supportive Julia was and how she wasn't rushing me to figure things out.

Sure, she had her moments of anxiety about money in the future but that was a normal reaction.

She was as unsure about the future as I was.

Julia and I cleaned up the kitchen then had a little pizza night with the kids.

It was so fun seeing the kids get so excited about the little things like having pizza for dinner.

I knew their childhood was rough and that they were never really able to experience normal things that older kids got to have so seeing them get some of those experiences was nice to see.

Julia was my favorite to watch though. Her childhood was ripped away from her completely and her siblings were ripped away from her twice.

I noticed she would watch Jenna, Carter, Sam, and Juniper when they weren't looking.

She would take in their emotions and their joy for life and she would thrive off of them, knowing she was helping them.

They were having the childhood she wished she had.

"Alright. Bed time." Julia said as she turned the movie off. "Ugh. Worst part of the day." Sam said as Julia stood up with Juniper in her arms.

"Really? I thought school would be the worst." I said and stood up. "You're right." He said with a sigh as Jenna went up the stairs.

"Night, Jen." Julia said as Jenna waved. "Night." She said then went upstairs.

"She's grumpy." Carter said as I nodded. "Probably a hormone thing, let Julia deal with that." I said as he laughed.

"Smart." He said then gave me a fist bump. "Goodnight." I said as he and Sam went upstairs. "I'm gonna bring her to bed." Julia said as I nodded.

As soon as she went up the stairs I pulled my phone out and went outside to have a quick smoke.

When I sat down, I scrolled through my phone, trying to find something to do.

I created social media pages to look more normal to the world but didn't have any friends to really talk to.

It was such a sad life and I found myself looking at the contacts of the people who I considered to be my brothers.

My family.

I let my thumb hover over Sam's contact for a second before I clicked down on it, causing my phone to call his.

I sighed and leaned back, taking a drag of the cigarette between my fingers. "Colby?" Sam answered after a couple of rings.

"Hey." I said with a sigh. "Holy shit. It's really you." He said as I nodded. "Surprise." I said with a laugh.

"How's normal life treating you?" Sam asked as I leaned back. "It's hard and I'd be lying if I said I enjoy it." I said and took another hit.

"You regret it?" He asked as I shook my head. "I don't regret taking Julia away from all of the violence but I miss feeling important." I said as he hummed.

"Understandable. I gotta be honest, I miss hearing from you." Sam said as I nodded and looked inside to make sure Julia wasn't watching me.

"Yeah, I do wish things could be different. I wish I could go back in time to the night we took her." I said and closed my eyes, hating the way those words felt coming out of my mouth.

"Woah. So you do regret meeting her?" Sam asked as I groaned.

"It's so complicated. I feel like I had to choose between the love of my life and myself and I chose her...I want to be better for her but I'm just not adjusting well." I admitted, running my hand through my hair.

"Give it some time, man. You haven't even been out for a year. Maybe you'll find a new passion." Sam said as I saw Julia come down the stairs.

"Yeah. You're right. I gotta go though. I'll try to keep in touch a little bit." I said as she started walking over to me.

"Alright, bye man." Sam said as I nodded then hung up.

"Hey...everything okay?" Julia asked as she opened the door. "Yeah. Just needed a cigarette." I said and held up the lit cigarette in my hand. "

"Oh." She said as her face fell for a second.

"I'll be in in just a minute." I said with a reassuring smile as she nodded and closed the door. I could tell it bothered her that I was smoking again but it was a coping mechanism for me.

Although it was addicting, I could really stop if I wanted to.

When Julia was in my life I was less likely to smoke but the feelings I have been having lately have made the addiction eat away at me.

I limited myself to one or two a day and I only smoked when the kids weren't around. It was just my little vice and Julia knew that.

I finished my cigarette then went inside and upstairs to our room.

"Are you okay?" Julia asked as I walked into the room. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said with a nod. "Okay...who were you talking to out there?" She asked and picked at her nails nervously.

"Spam call about wifi or something." I said with a shrug then took her hands. "I'm fine, sweetheart." I said then kissed her.

She sighed against my lips and wrapped her arms around my neck.

She melted into me like she normally did, letting me kiss away all the tension that was within her.

I hated that I wasn't being totally truthful, but what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. A five minute conversation every once in a while with Sam wouldn't hurt her.

It would maybe keep me sane though.

"You look tired." I hummed quietly, brushing Julia's hair from her face. "I am. I just want to spend time with you though." She said and brought her hand to my cheek.

"We can hang out for a little while. What do you want to do?" I asked as she smiled.

"I kinda want to take a bath." She said with a mischievous smirk. "Say less." I said then scooped her into my arms and carried her towards the bathroom.

I hated that I was doubting anything about our simple little relationship.

I loved Julia more than words could truly describe, but things were completely different now.

There wasn't that element of danger and that feeling of fierce protection towards her.

Of course I was still protective of her and the kids but there was really no danger other than normal people doing normal things.

I'm sure there were hidden gangs here that could do some real damage to us but we were normal people in their eyes.

Julia and I obviously loved each other very much and we wanted to be together, but there was a certain spark that missing.

The danger and thrill of being a couple in the crime world was over.

It was a weird shift being a normal couple doing normal things.

It was a shift that I was afraid I would fuck up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715 19 15
this is a colby angst fluff and smut book cuz I want to write something a little different but I will finish my other books the ships are (sam × Kat...
696K 15.6K 97
This is the sequel to Lucky! I don't really know what's gonna happen so enjoy.
179K 5.4K 111
Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️
13.4K 517 46
((Book 2 of Two Lovers series)) This is why you need to be careful with your wishes.... - Cover made by: @Louis_Stylinson_28 Started writing: 11/14...