Ice Cold

By InvisibleLantern

Shouto Todoroki x [Female] Reader ••• Ice cold. An adjective often used for the one and only Y/N, a young gir... More

Before we do anything...
Prologue
The Big Three
An Outing
Entrance Exams
The First Day
Hero Basic Training
Different
USJ
The World of Pros
The Sports Festival Begins!
Obstacle Course
Cavalry Battle
Gifted
Big Sister
Emotionless
Suspicions
Hosu
The Final Exams
Shouto
Attachment
The Training Camp
Training
Vanguard Action Squad
Rescue
Breaking Free
Smile
Symbol of Peace
UA Dorms
Missing
Neglecting
Redemption
Fight
Recover
Memories Lost in Time
Pre-Exam
Provisional License Exams
Room Presentation
The Fears that Hold Us
Fire
Fault
Traitor
Christmas Special
Power of a Quirk
Emotions
Past
Bullets
Habits
Quirks: A Gift and a Curse
Heroes Cry
Shie Hassaikai
Unrivalled
Pain
Tears
A Reason to Stay
Remedial Exams
The School Festival
Hobbies
The Past
Open Up
Guilt
Fighting Against Memories
Connections
Enchanting
Aster
A Familiar Face
One
Trust
A Feeling
Unready Bodies
The Past Never Dies
Vie
Lies
Family Ties
Morals
Return
The UA Traitor
Class 1A
Crush
Forget
Brothers
Redeemable
Puppet
Grow
Breaking
Unhealed Wounds
Words
Tears
Soulmates
Guidance
The Dead
Ghosts
Friendship
Warmth
Life and Death
Hero
Love
Whales
Epilogue

Battle

1K 33 3
By InvisibleLantern

There are no manga spoilers from here on, so non-manga readers can read it :D

Shouto stood at his post, wondering how you were doing. You were always a stray soul but at the same time you harmonized with everything around you in the oddest way.

You were left with Monoma, which was already irking him, and suddenly he learns that you're going to the Nomu that was captured a few months prior.

It wasn't that you weren't capable. He knew that you were, as he's known you for at least a year by now. It's just that he didn't want you to overwork yourself, between controlling the things around you to having your life force input into another kind-of-living being, he didn't know how you'd take it.

He recalled the time when your room was encased in ice and blood was splattered on your bed. Was that you overworking yourself? What were you doing, exactly?

You said that it was because you couldn't focus, but how many things were on your mind in that moment?

He put his hand over the whale earring, now keychain that hung on his belt.

"That part of your hero outfit's kinda weird," Burnin, one of Endeavour's sidekicks, told him. "What's the whale mean? Isn't your quirk fire and ice?"

"Yes. It was a gift."

"From who? Your girlfriend?"

Shouto thought back to the kiss you two shared and wondered if you thought that the two of you were together or not.

"Y/N, if this all goes well, and we grow up to be whatever we want to be, will you marry me?"

"I guess so."

•••

Aoyama's mother held the phone to her ear, telling All For One where to go to find the user of the quirk he wanted to have.

"Yes, uncle. I will see you." She hung up the phone and Shinso snapped her out of her trance.

Her hands trembled as she collapsed into her husband's arms. "What if he didn't believe me? What if he sensed—"

"He couldn't have," Shinso assured. "You'll be okay. Aoyama and Midoriya are at their post now."

"And you should get there as well," Aizawa instructed. His eyes were softened at the sight of his student, pride swelling in his chest.

Shinso left and Aizawa was helped to his post by Midnight, who grinned at him and comforted, "Your class will be fine, Shota. I've never seen one more capable."

He hummed. "I'm glad you're here, by the way."

"Of course you are."

"Need some help there, Shota?"

Aizawa and Midnight's eyes both widened at the sound of the voice. It was familiar, yet felt like he had never heard it before.

Dark smoke with a sheen of white appeared in front of them and you walked through with Monoma and Present Mic, who's face had been stained with tears.

"Mic? What happened?"

The smoke began to form, taking the shape of a teenage boy. You took Monoma's arm and yanked him out of the room. "Don't interrupt this," you muttered.

A boy of light blue, smokey hair and wounds that appeared as scars appeared before the three teachers.

It was like a stab to the heart, but one that healed in an instant.

"No way..."

•••

Midoriya walked out, meeting Aoyama in front of the dorms. "Aoyama? I thought you were being contained?"

"I was, but my parents' lawyer got me out of it?"

"Their lawyer...? But, I thought that kind of thing was temporarily abolished?"

"It was." All For One appeared behind Aoyama, telling him, "You did well, 'nephew.'"

"Indeed I did." Aoyama spun around and a laser shot from his stomach. All For One moved out of the way and, despite his face being covered, anyone could sense the smile.

"So that's how it is."

The League of Villains and the Liberation Army appeared behind him, walking forward, ready to battle with the hero society.

This moment made it feel like the very earth shake. Was the world watching? Did the world know what was going on in Japan?

Midoriya felt a chill down his spine, staring at the Symbol of Chaos face to face.

Then he remembered his classmate. The girl that was bound by her relationship with the man before him.

Then, he felt no fear. Simply anger.

Anger, picturing the scars on your body. Your blank expression. Your solidarity.

And he said,

"When we beat you, you better apologize to your daughter a million times!"

It was a silly order. Not because they couldn't win, but because after this, All For One wouldn't even have a beating heart. That's what Midoriya had concluded.

All For One cackled at the idea. "Apologize? When you win? You're quite the hopeful one, Izuku Midoriya. But if it is a battle you wish to settle this score, then why not?"

"Yes... why not?"

Dark purple smoke emerged behind Aoyama and Midoriya and heroes began walking out onto the battlefield. Those who were once bed ridden now walked, those who lost hope held determination in their eyes, and those who were dead fought in that battle right alongside the living.

"Oh, Himari," All For One said with fake reminiscence, fixating on the white sheen that resided within the smoke. "How you continue to haunt me."

You emerged from the smoke, eyes glowing white and wind dancing around you, water flowing like fish in the sea. A soft breath left your lips, appearing as smoke.

All For One couldn't help but stare at you, how you came to be. For once, he could see the seething anger on your face. It was exhilarating.

Dabi ran past Shigaraki, his crazed eyes fixated on the Number One Hero. "Seems like you really want me to kill you, old man!"

Ice knocked him to the side and Shouto stood on the glacier's edge. "Your fight is with me, Touya."

Water that was flowing around you went to Monoma's eyes. "Use Erasure, quick!"

"On it."

The blue flames vanished, the ground ceased in disintegrating, All For One landed on the ground.

"Are you okay?" You asked Monoma.

He nodded, holding his head as it began to pound at him, telling him to stop. "Hurry up!" He unintentionally screamed.

You stamped your foot in the ground and the ground began to separate. Your eyes glowed and a cyclone began forming near you.

"Shit, she's panicking," Shouto said, but he didn't leave his post. He knew you'd start yelling at him.

Your eyes glowed brighter and the cyclone calmed into a gentle breeze, while the earth quakes at your command.

Shigaraki bulleted towards you and Midoriya kicked him out of the way.

The smoke used for portals disappeared and formed into the figure of a teenage boy, resembling a walking corpse. Perhaps because that's precisely what he was.

Midnight ran next to him and the two of them ran past you. "We'll cover you!"

"Thank... you." You said, nodding at the corpse you had temporarily brought back to life.

Shirakumo.

The ground began to separate, and Aizawa ran to you, his hands on your shoulders. Your entire body trembled but your face didn't waver, your stance was solid; the world was in the palm of your hand for this moment.

What Justin said kept repeating in his mind, no matter how much he tried to tune it out.

"If she had the same amount of power as All For One, she'd be able to turn this world upside down with the flick of her hand."

Lava began splashing like water against the earth's moving plates and a wave of heat rose to the size of UA, and kept going higher until they were damn near the clouds.

Your eyes stopped glowing and Aizawa gazed at the messy terrain.

Craters in the earth.

Large mountains on the once flat land.

The villains were separated by walls of obsidian.

"Monoma."

He let out a heavy sigh and fell to his knees. "Dammit... it was like I erased the quirks of a thousand people."

"My father has many quirks. Sorry you had to go through that."

"Between that Shirakumo guy's quirk, Erasure Head's..."

"Quit crying," you patted his head as you walked away. "Right now, you're a main character. Isn't that what you wanted?"

You disappeared and he stared for a while before laughing and saying, "You're crazy."

"To our post."

"Yeah."

•••

"It seems like you have a lot of power, my dear." All For One seemed to admire the wall of impenetrable rock.

You landed next to Tokoyami, who asked you if you were alright.

"I'm fine."

"Quite the structures you can create..." All For One laughed, an eerie, wheezing kind of laugh. "It makes me wish I didn't kill your mother so I could've taken that forsaken quirk."

You sped forward and raised a fist, rage finding a place in your heart.

All For One moved back but dark smoke engulfed him and moved him back to his original place, allowing a flaming punch to hit him in the stomach and send him flying back.

Endeavour flew in and spurted flames from his palms.

Crimson feathers shot towards All For One.

Acid spurted in his direction.

Sound waves made the ground shake.

All For One flew out of the way, grabbing the feathers as if they were nothing, avoiding the attacks.

"Where's backup?" Hawks muttered through gritted teeth.

"Red Riot and Mount Lady are in their respective places, we just need them to—"

Branch-like spikes soared towards you and Shirakumo teleported you out of the path of your father's attack.

"They're on their way. He's going to try and merge with Tomura." Water formed in your hand as a spike. "We have to keep them separate in the meantime."

"Where's Shigaraki?" Hawks questioned.

"Three kilometres west."

"Not bad on the separation there, Vie."

"Phantom Thief and Erasure Head were transported there, so hopefully they managed to erase his quirk so he can't make his way over."

You breathed, smelling smoke from Dabi's sector. Shouto, you better not die.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 456 26
There are many synonyms for coldhearted, including unfeeling, heartless, unsympathetic, and unfeeling. ... The synonym for a coldhearted person is: i...
34.6K 779 28
A fire to warm your cold heart... Shoto Todoroki was there with his flames warming you. A simple touch of his right hand sent warmth throughout your...
1.4M 43.4K 26
"She's changed a lot since you last saw her," Bakugo's mother spoke. He shrugged. Mitsuki turned to look at him. "How does it make you feel?" She ask...
268K 7.4K 28
(Todoroki Shoto x reader) Y/n is a girl with a bad past. But that doesn't keep her down. She's powerful, friendly and confident...