The Search Is Over

Door blaisegellert

There was a very good reason that Regulus Black reacted hard enough to lose his own life when he discovered t... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160

Chapter 153

1 0 0
Door blaisegellert

Chapter 153, Change Is A Coming

Kreacher woke in the evening with an odd feeling of relief. So deep was this feeling that he was actually happy for a reason he could not quite explain. "Kreacher is now certain that Magritte was quite right. He is glad not to remember," he told Regulus, unable to restrain the words that felt the need to be spoken to the one person with whom he shared everything. "Kreacher...thinks he perhaps had a dream, and that dream made him glad to have forgotten."

"Was it a nightmare," Regulus asked. Kreacher shook his head.

"Kreacher doesn't think so, but he cannot recall it so he cannot be certain."

Regulus nodded. "I think you're right. We're free of him and that's all that matters." He frowned. "I had a dream as well, that I also forgot. For some reason, though, I think perhaps Rabastan Lestrange was a large part of it."

"Hm," Kreacher said. For some reason, the feel of Master Regulus's body against his in their bed was suddenly far more interesting than forgotten dreams of the previous day. He had urges that must be satisfied before the two would be fit to rise for the evening and hunt down a meal. Kreacher's longing for Master Regulus went far deeper than his need for sustenance, after all. They were in the midst of satisfying mutual urges when a knock came at the bedroom door. Regulus made a soft, wordless sound of protest and Kreacher growled in frustration.

"What!"

"Mr. Griphook has come to call." The reserved voice that spoke through the closed bedroom door belonged to Stormy.

So intent was Kreacher on meeting his own needs that he found it difficult to process the other elf's words. He had to run them through his mind a few times before their meaning finally clicked into place. He arched under the feeling of Regulus's lips on his stomach, eyes closed as his body clamored for release. Regulus's hand stroked him and Kreacher groaned. His entire body burned for..."Should Stormy tell him that Kreacher and Regulus shall be down soon?"

Regulus's mouth closed around him and Kreacher nearly forgot how to speak for a moment. "Tell him whatever Stormy likes. Get out."

Regulus's tongue flicked over the head of Kreacher's erection before he murmured, "I don't think he was inside of the room, so therefore, he can't very well get out." Regulus followed up his lightly teasing observation by trailing tantalizing kisses across Kreacher's erection. Gods!

Tangling his hands in Regulus's hair, Kreacher lifted his face for an impassioned kiss before flipping Regulus onto his back. The two forgot about Griphook as they writhed together on the bed, Kreacher moving within Regulus as he stroked him to completion. When the more than necessary release swept over them, they lay together drifting in a haze for several silent minutes. Eventually Kreacher recalled that Stormy had come to the door, speaking of Griphook. He sighed. "Kreacher supposes we should see what Griphook wants. It's rather rude of him to call before we have had dinner, though," he grumbled.

"I doubt he was aware that we hadn't had dinner," Regulus said. Kreacher could hear the amused smile in his voice.

"Master Regulus is always too forgiving of the flaws of others who should know better," he observed peevishly.

"Sorry," Regulus laughed. Catching Kreacher up, he kissed him breathless...or he would've been breathless had he still needed to breathe. "We could always keep him waiting longer, if you like."

Kreacher's lips twitched, but he let out a regretful sigh. "Kreacher supposes we shouldn't," he decided reluctantly. The two got themselves dressed and headed downstairs to find Griphook having dinner with Kereston, Reynaldo and the twins. The spider sat on a chair piled high with pillows, holding a fork neatly in his left front leg. He was adorable and fastidious. Kreacher smiled, patting his soft furry back as he passed. At once the twins began talking over one another, eager to share what they'd been up to all day. Apparently they had a grand time learning warding spells from their grandparents. "We'll put them to the test soon, then," Kreacher said. "Hydra and Loughness can ward their rooms and if Kreacher can still break in, they shall need to practice harder." He and Regulus exchanged a smile as the twins excitedly took up the challenge, proclaiming how after dinner they'd do just that. As Kreacher and Regulus seated themselves at the head of the dining table, they exchanged greetings and pleasantries with Griphook and Kereston. Mortis left his spot on Regulus's shoulder to land on the table before the small plate which was set for him. Tonight Stormy had prepared stuffed crab and salad for dinner with a wedge of soft, flaky black bread on the side. Kreacher approved.

"Griphook was in the process of depressing me before the two of you came down," Kereston announced with a sigh.

Griphook shrugged. "She was saying how she wanted to hire goblins and elves to work in the Ministry if she ever becomes Minister."

"I hope to become Minister," Kereston corrected gently. "I can't afford to say IF."

Griphook ignored the comment as he continued. "I told her that will never go over. No other wizards will be willing to give goblins or elves that much power. Elves belong in the home and goblins in the bank, no matter their greater power...and actually because of it."

"But after Voldemort, they should be willing to see that we need greater forces on which to draw if such ever happens again," Kereston protested and Griphook shook his head.

"Their fear shall always be greater than their good sense," he assured. "They'll never change unless they must." He set Kereston with a thoughtful glance as he placed his fork on his now empty plate. "Now if you can arrange for a reason that forces them to change, you may accomplish something."

"Like what," Kereston asked.

Griphook shrugged. "I have no idea. Something to make them a little helpless, I suppose. Or something that they fear more than they fear goblins and elves."

Kereston frowned. "Whatever they could fear more, we probably don't want around anymore than they do."

"Valid," Griphook nodded. "So helpless then?"

Kereston stared into space for a moment, fork tapping idly on the shell of her nearly empty stuffed crab. "They would only feel helpless if they had no magic, but that's impossible."

Griphook started, eyes widening for an instant. "Well," he said, then hesitated.

"What," Kereston demanded eagerly and Kreacher and Regulus leaned forward in their chairs, also eager for whatever the goblin seemed so reluctant to impart.

"This doesn't leave this room," he said. "You must swear it, because if it reaches the wrong ears, the goblins would be in far more trouble than they ever were in any of the wars they had with wizard kind."

"Of course we won't breathe a word," Kereston promised and Kreacher and Regulus nodded in agreement. Griphook glanced at the children, who also nodded, just as eager to hear a secret.

"My nephew is attempting to perfect a potion," Griphook said slowly. "He calls it the Stripper potion, because...if he manages to perfect it, when ingested, it will literally strip a person of their magic."

"So it would be all too easy to overthrow the government if we wished to make a new and better one," Kereston said slowly.

Griphook nodded. "If we dare. If I have your backing, I certainly dare, and I am sure I can bring enough goblins with me who are tired of being under the heal of the wizards."

"Are you ready to work as equals, though," Kereston asked. "You'll not try to overthrow us? Because it's a government of equals that I'm after. A fair distribution of power, and a variety of powers that compliment one another at that."

"Of course," Griphook assured, meeting her gaze directly. "I do like a few humans, so I know you aren't all bad," he quipped. "Magritte Snape is one of my best friends, and you're alright. You have a good sound head on your shoulders along with the gumption to use it. Trust me, in humans both are rare."

Kereston gave a short laugh. "That's about the oddest compliment I've ever gotten, but I'll take it."

"Good," Griphook replied. "So are we going to do this?"

Kereston nodded slowly. "I think so. But we must do it right," she hastened to add. "Otherwise we're so in for it!"

"You don't have to tell me that," Griphook said dryly. "Not after all my people have gone through. WE have plenty of time to gather our forces, because my nephew is still perfecting the potion as I said. It could take years."

Kereston nodded. "Good. We'll need years to find enough trustworthy people to assist us in this if we are to succeed."

"What about you," Griphook asked, suddenly turning to Kreacher.

Kreacher blinked. "What? What about Kreacher?"

"Well, we are speaking of building a new magical society in which goblins and elves stand as equals with wizards and witches. I am here to gather goblin forces, but what of the elves? I should think you'd be best for that."

"For what," Kreacher asked, still somewhat uncertain of what precisely Griphook was after.

"You are the strongest most aggressive elf that I know. The elves shall need someone to lead them, to rally them to action. Are you willing to stand up for the betterment of your people?"

Kreacher did not answer right away. He was too busy thinking. He didn't think well of most elves. Most of them were silly and empty headed. One would never know that many of them were stronger than wizards what with the ridiculous simpering way they carried on. But then again how much of that was their fault? Some had hope more than others, he supposed. His own elves were of good solid stock. The Zabini elf seemed strong enough, and the Lestrange elf, and there were a few others, he was sure. "Kreacher will try," he said slowly. Griphook gave a pleased smile.

"Excellent."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

5K 169 53
Regulus black always knew how his life at Hogwarts would be. Every black always gets sorted into Slytherin,well,that was until his older brother Siri...
26 0 1
Kreacher sends Hermione back in time with the hopes that she will save Regulus an destroy the locket. Hermione figures she will have an ally to help...
77.7K 3.2K 63
Regulus Black miraculously survives the cave of Inferi. There isn't a single soul that he trusts, given that his brother is now locked up as a Death...
22 0 22
Regulus Black x Male Oc 𝙄𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙁𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙭 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙩 𝙟𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙡𝙪𝙨 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙖...