Werewolf Hunting

Por Star_shadow05

Fourteen year old Lilly and her best friend Allie consider themselves the biggest supernatural fans there are... Más

Werewolf Hunting
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilouge

Chapter Sixteen

66 2 0
Por Star_shadow05

I looked at Allie, she looked back at me, and we took off running down to the other side, not looking back, only concentrating on our speed to get us to the finish where we would be safe.

Come one! All those times racing Lucas built something! I yelled at myself. Three . . . two . . . one!

"Safe!" yelled the gym teacher as we ran into the mats, laughing like idiots. 

"Woo!" I yelled, as Allie and I high-fived each other.

"Why can't you all run like Lilly and Allie? They are fit, unlike you little girls!"

Allie and I started laughing. We weren't fit, Lucas just made us run five laps and race him several times. The teacher jerked his thumb to the bleachers, meaning Allie and I could be done for the hour. Everyone student in the gym gave us loathing looks as we sat at the top and looked down on them being barked at.

We kept seeing some pack members when they were able to sneak on school grounds, and Alec and Roy came whenever they could. Mom couldn't do anything about it here and there was no way we would stop seeing them. It was asking too much. Well, and we said we had to do extra things for gym to get to Lucas so we could get exercise. He said it usually helped with the transformation and we couldn't argue, since we needed all the help we could get.   

"What are you going to tell her about the sessions?" asked Roy during break.

"Tell her I have after school tutoring, since I'm failing math." I said. It wasn't a total lie, I was almost failing it. 

"Isn't it sad though, we have to lie to do anything these days." commented Allie, who was holding Alec's hand. They were together, and after the cops came, she became a lot more understanding and a bit smarter, and started to change her attitude. It was nice. 

"Yeah," I agreed, nodding. "It's a part of the curse, something we have to live with now."

"She seems to have changed. She looks like she wants to kill us now." Allie said.

"I know." I said sadly.

Mom changed since the day Allie ran home with the police. She didn't speak to us in like she used to, only making sure we were home or interrogating us why we were late. Sometimes she looked at us loathing, other times in fear. I didn't know what was wrong with her, and neither did Allie. We tried ignoring it, and usually thought it revolved around Henry.

"Hey, losers!" came a high pitched voice.

"Go away." I said, not turning around to face her.

"I said hey, you slut." she said. forcing me to turn around.

"I said go away you whore." I said, crossing my arms.

She was still deathly pale, but it looked like she hadn't eaten in days and her hair was so blonde now it was almost white. It was a bit scary, and it reminded me of the night at the restaurant. She looked like a vampire, but it wasn't possible. Was it?

"I'm not the one with the cops on her ass." she sneered.

How would she know that?

"How would you know that?" I asked.

"It's all over the school, there are no secrets in this town." she said, smirking like she was the boss. 

Yes there are you stupid - 

"Great, so now there's more shit to deal with," complained Allie. "just freaking, great!" 

"Who asked you, fatty?" 

"Look, get the hell away before something bad happens," I warned, clenching my fists. 

She stood there, hand on her chest as if flattered by my threat. Looking at her face revealed she had bags under her arctic blue eyes, poorly covered with make up. A small part wondered if she was doing alright, but the other wanted to jump her and smash her face in. 

"I don't want trouble, I want to tell you too look out. Try not to get sent to prison, stupid people." she said before walking away with an odd look in her eye. 

Stupid was the nicest thing she's ever called us, and what did she care if we went to prison, he hated us. I looked at Allie in confusion, and she had the same look on her face, and when Alec tried to say something, she stopped him. 

"We aren't going to go after her and ask her what that was about, right Lilly?" she asked, blinking once. 

"No, it was just weird for her to say that since she hates us." I agreed, blinking twice.

We were lying through our teeth and we knew it. They didn't, and it would stay like that. I looked at Roy, and he gave me a knowing look. Something was up, and we knew it. First James was hurt and in the hospital, now the enemy was trying to be nice to us, that was enough for us to do some investigating. 

"Am I the only one that thinks this isn't the time to poke around for stuff?" asked Alec, looking at us all. 

"Yeah, this isn't the time to push off caring. A pack member is in the hospital and there could be more." said Roy. "If one went down, there could be another one down. Someone's obliviously out to get us." 

"So much for what Katrina said." he muttered.

There is someone after the wolf pack. 

Any ideas stupid?

I felt a stabbing sensation in my chest when he replied.

I say the insults. Unless you want to keep that petty heart inside your body, I suggest you watch your tongue.

Got it, I thought, feeling myself struggle to breath. 

I felt Roy's hand on my shoulder and turned my head to look at him, and saw a flash of concern in his eyes. Ignoring the butterflies in my stomach, I turned away and felt my chest. No marks. 

"The demon's going to kill me," I said. "No worries." 

"Yeah, there are worries. When it can affect your breathing." he said, pulling me next to him.

"Do you have to?" I asked, feeling myself blush.  

"Yeah, because Thursday has to get here sooner now." he said. "Or we're both going to end up screwed." 

"Anyone else want to go see James in the hospital?" asked Allie suddenly. "Just to see how he's doing," 

"That sounds good, actually." Alec said. "You two?" 

"Yeah, let's go." agreed Roy.

The hospital was on the other side of town, and there was a good reason for it. It was the biggest building in town. The white paint was slowly chipping away as age took its toll on it, but despite it's eerie appearance, it was alive and one of the best hospitals in the state. I only knew this because mom always talked about it.

We went inside the lobby and my eyes were assaulted by bright lights and a colorful lobby. The usual check in desk, an area for kids on the side, and the ever lasting ominous feeling of dread were all signs that we were possibly in the gateway to hell.

I can show you Hell, grow up, there's nothing scary about blood and needles, they're beautiful. 

They're scary and who the hell asked you?

Alec went to find the room and Allie was looking around in awe. I forgot we had never really been in here before. I was terrified of hospitals because of the smell of anesthesia that always lingered long after the operation was over, and the fact people died here didn't help. More times than not I acted like someone was trying to murder me to get out of going, and just recovering from whatever sickness I had on my own. Allie just never got sick, like she was immune to a lot of viruses. 

Alec came back and we followed him down the hall and into the elevator, waiting silently. For once, Allie seemed . . . almost bored by all this. It was weird for her to be bored by this, but normal for a person who was rationally thinking instead of someone with a five year old mindset. I decided to hope she would be a bit random as we stepped out of the elevator and approached Jame's room.

Stepping inside showed someone with ginger colored hair with a bandage wrapped around his head, along with a pissed off look on his face. The room was so bright because of the sunlight through the window and the room lights, it almost hurt to look out the window. So he was James. He saw us and smiled slightly and waved us over.

"Hey James," greeted Allie. "I'm sorry you got hurt because of us."

"It wasn't your fault you two. The ear bleeding was being hit in the head, the coughing up blood was bronchitis. So I'm just on quarantine for a while." he said, smiling and making an 'ok' sign. "Who's the light haired?"

"The name's Lilly." I said.

"Oh, you're the new demon." he said in awe.

If he wasn't already hurt, I'd whack him.

"Yeah."

"You know who hit you?" asked Alec, stepping by Allie.

"No, it was so fast it was a blur. One minutes I'm talking to you two, the next, WHAM I'm on the floor." he said, punching his hand.

"Did you see anything?" he asked.

"Tan, that was it." he said. "I have no idea who would come after me, I don't fight with anyone and the whole pack gets along fine with each other."

"Neither do we. So it could be either Adam, Lucas or Katrina." thought Allie. "Lucas is the fastest, but doesn't have a grudge."

"Don't' worry about it, OK?" he said. "It's in the past, let it go. So, what's been going on?"

"Eh, same old same old. Father isn't seen much, Lucas keeps everyone in order, you get the picture." said Alec. "Did anyone come talk to you?"

"Just the police, but they called me crazy and left. They don't do anything these days, most people can defend themselves."

"True." Allie agreed. 

So no one knew who attacked him, only they were tan. Who would have motivation behind the attack? Who would be next? 

Shut the hell up and quit playing detective. 

Leave me alone, it's the pack that's in danger. And when it's over, I'll say goodbye. Now go the f - 

"Hey!" yelled Roy in my ear. 

"Ow!" I yelled, cradling my ear. "That hurt!" 

"You weren't saying anything. You two don't have much time left, so we gotta go." he said. 

"Bye James, it was nice seeing you." waved Allie.

"Bye. Oh, Lilly." he remembered. I looked at him. "You have shiny hair." 

"Thanks," I muttered, looking down as I felt myself blush. "Bye." 

Once we were outside, Allie broke the silence and started laughing, and Alec tried to smother his laughs but failed miserably.

"Shut up both if you!" I yelled, covering my face. "You can go to Hell." 

"Awe, Little Lilly's embarrassed." they teased. 

I heard Roy chuckle a but before he put his arm around me and pried my hands from my face and made me look at them, who were only laughing harder now. I wanted to crawl in the dark and not come out for at least a few weeks. 

"You aren't helping." I hissed.

"Hey you two, if you don't stop I'm telling your little secret," he threatened. They stopped and looked at him in horror, I looked at him in confusion. Secret? 

"You wouldn't." said Alec. 

"I would. So shut up and quit laughing and Lilly." he said. I had to bite my lip to stop a small smile from spreading on my face, and they instantly dropped it. 

We started walking and we were a few steps behind  them so they couldn't hear us talk, then things got a bit interesting. They were having fun joking around ahead while I interrogated Roy. It was nice, the time we had together even though I was mad at him.  

"You black mailed them into dropping it." I said, fighting the smile.

"That's the only language Allie understands, am I right?" he asked.

"Yeah, but still - " 

"It worked, didn't it?" he asked, smirking. "And you're smiling so you aren't too pissed." 

"Damn you." I growled. For some reason that only made me like him more, and that wasn't a good thing. At least not now. 

"Well, we gotta take off now." he said. 

"Bye." I said too quickly. Turning around, I started walking away and didn't want to look back. There was something going on in the pack that Father wasn't telling us, and my crush on Roy wasn't making things any better. 

I was looking forward sitting through class, away from Allie and everything supernatural for once. Even though I felt slightly guilty, I pushed it aside. All I needed was some time to think and peace and quiet.

Yes, because that worked so well before. 

I wondered if I could commit myself to get rid of the demon. Probably not.   

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

219K 5.9K 52
You are a vampire in a school with vampires and humans but you don't know what kind of a vampire you are. The other vampires aren't aware of you bein...
773 30 24
Few years ago a boy met a girl and developed a love for her,they made a promise that when they were older they would tell each other how they feel ab...
537 66 44
It is hard to fit in when you are different in every way. Mariah and her gang have this problem, only they aren't the same species as the others. As...
8.2K 184 24
Mary Winchester has been hunting things that go bump in the night since she was 8 years old. When a car crash puts her family in danger Mary soon lea...