The Golden Guard/Hunter x Rea...

By LEStanley7206

Welcome to my Goldie x Fem!Reader One-shot book! This is my first time writing something like an "x Reader" s... More

Welcome!
Some Hunter Headcanons
Flowers For Potential Heartbreak
The Phoenix under the Harvest Moon
A Midnight Flight
A Cosmic Christmas (Xmas Special 2022)
Connected by A Flower *Requested Piece*
Hide and Talk *Requested Piece*
A Blissful Blip
1780...
Cramps and Comfort, But Mostly Comfort:
OTP Prompt Generator #1:
Replacement or a New Beginning?
Author's Note, Recommend Reading (Tw)
Small Date Night at Home
I-I'm Bisexual...
Belle of the Ball: Grom AU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Celebratory Mini-Party
OTP Prompt Generator #2
Alphabetics
Author's Note: IMPORTANT!
Extra TOH One-shots
Distance to Close: Huntlow One-shot
A Double Surprise: Lumity One-shot
Another Flower in the Garden: Huntlow One-shot
Tension at the Table: Huntlow One-Shot

Hair and Trauma and Fluff

1K 28 89
By LEStanley7206

Author's Note: HIIIIIIII Everybody! Welcome to another one-shot, it has been another month since I last posted a one-shot for the book. I'm very sorry for that, I've been lazy, stressed, tired as f, and reading other fanfiction. Anyways, I bring you the Haircut scene from TTT, but with us instead!

Art by @Hootyfying on Twitter! And (f/c) means favorite color. <3

Remember: Hunter Loves you SOOOOOOO Much!

Hunter's POV:

I was staying up late, again. My eyes were partially bloodshot and felt dried out from the chilly air. My eyes were stinging like fire. My long hair was annoying me and I didn't have any ponytails and no one kept any around. Most of us had short hair, except Willow and Y/n but they didn't bring any spares.

Every time I tried to fall asleep, nightmares arose. So I just gave up on sleep by this point. I had been laying in my sleeping bag doing nothing for hours on end. Gus was still fast asleep, curled up into a ball on the couch. Soft snores escape his mouth as his lips move. I notice he talks a lot in his sleep.

Flapjack slept right next to me at all times. His feathered face scrunched up as he nuzzled into his nest made of blankets, making soft chirps. I smiled at his cuteness, fixing a blanket corner over his body so he stayed warm. Fall was coming closer and the cold air grew near, yet the insulated basement still felt chilled. I kissed his forehead and grabbed the paper bag with a book I found in the public library with Luz and Y/n the other day.

Y/n, my beautiful girlfriend, was most likely sleeping upstairs peacefully, with Luz and the rest of the girls in her bedroom. I wasn't allowed in there, by Camila's request, after the 9th hour in the evening. Without her sleeping by my side, I had issues keeping the nightmares away. I'd toss and turn, yet that didn't bother her. I whispered and cried in my sleep, but that only brought her closer to me, causing us to cuddle. Safe is with her.

I was shivering in the basement, so I went upstairs. I tiptoed as carefully as possible with the paper bag in my hand. Gus shifted as the 7th step creaked and the bag crinkled, but he just rolled over, pulling his blanket over his head. I sighed a breath of relief, making it upstairs and closing the basement door.

I thought about staying in the living room or the kitchen to read, but I didn't wanna get caught for being out of bed, so I left for the 1st floor bathroom. I turned on the bright light. My eyes squeezed shut as I tried to adjust.

I pulled the book out of the bag and dropped the bag to the tiled floor. "'The Witch Hunters of Gravesfield.' Surely this will get me more information on Belos," I remarked to no one specifically.

I looked up to close the mirror cabinet and I was stunned by what I saw reflecting back. I first saw a glimpse of a man with sunken cheeks, brown eyes, and similar hair to mine. Next, I saw Him. Belos. The man who claimed to be my uncle and family, staring with a death glare. His forest green mold scar growing across his face, his long hair covering his face and a realization hit me as I blinked.

I looked like him. My hair was getting too long and our features looked too similar. I didn't want any reminder of that man. That abusive, ruthless, heartless, wretched man! I gasped, losing my balance as I slipped on the paper bag. I fell back, grasping the toilet cover and my shirt, the ceramic bowl gouging my backside. "Argh!" I loudly grunted, hyperventilating as visions clouded my mind. Definitely gonna leave a good bruise.

"It's just a vision! It's just a vision!" I told myself. Shit, someone could've heard me.

I waited around, listening for any lone steps, but when no one was heard, I snatched the scissors. "I'm not Belos! I'm not Belos! I don't want to see you anymore!" I cried out. I closed my eyes, holding my signature noodle strand. The scissors sharply opened, and Snap! The first cut was made!

Next I snipped one of my side-burns and then the rest below my neck. I snipped and clipped, trying to rid myself of ever looking like Belos again. I never wanted him in my life after I went through that portal door. Never after I went through his mind, but I never thought I'd see him here. He's a parasite, latching on to me, forever and he just wouldn't go away!

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened. Shit... I look like crap! Wtf am I supposed to do?! Titan I hope it's not Camila!

Y/n walked through the door, dressed in cute, (f/c), ¾ length sweats and a comfy shirt with an alluring pattern of colors. Her gorgeous face was accompanied by a surprised look that turned into a goofy smile she covered with her hand.

My face felt it was burned, and turned a flaming red to match it. Embarrassing! Y/n giggled as she walked over to me. "Want some help, Blondie?" She inquired with a smirk.

YES! I have no idea what the hell I'm doing! But I didn't say that out loud. I was too fidgety and focused on not looking her in the eyes. So I just nodded sheepishly, rubbing my arms, "Mhm."

"Alright then, just sit on the toilet lid, and I'll work my magic. How does that sound, Love?" Y/n requested.

"D-Do whatever you feel works best. I-I trust you, Darling," I said. I meant it too. I trusted her with everything. She knew basically all my secrets, she kept me safe and healthy, and without a doubt she meant the world to me.

Y/n picked up the scissors from the vanity and gently started to pull and brush my hair to style it. I waited patiently, only wincing a couple times because she pulled too hard or an un-brushed knot would not cooperate. Her eyebrows furrowed and her nose scrunched in concentration.

Half-way through the process, the quietness was bugging both of us. We had shared awkward glances and quirky smiles, but hadn't said a word in probably 15-20 mins. I played with my fingers and tapped my feet, also moving the Witch Hunter's book out of the way so she couldn't see it.

"You doing okay? Anything hurt, perhaps?" She checks in.

"I'm okay. Head's a little sore from the pulling and nagging, but I'll live," I replied, looking up at her.

"So, any particular reason for being up at 3am and needing a haircut?"

"I-um-uh. I-I couldn't sleep, and I-uh didn't want anyone to catch me out of bed," I lied, partially.

Snip. Snip. Snip.

My hair was still particularly uneven, but I didn't care. I just couldn't look like or be reminded of Belos any longer.

"Sure, but you could read downstairs here or draw with the night-lights on. Come on, you know you can't hide anything from me, Darling," Y/n coaxed. "What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath. I should've known better than to lie, especially to her. She was just too good at seeing through me. "Sorry, that was somewhat a lie. I couldn't sleep because of constant nightmares, and I didn't want to stay in the basement and read Camila's library of fantasy books for Luz. I didn't wish to wake Gus and I couldn't snuggle with you either, to help with the nightmares. So, I took refuge in the bathroom and I unfortunately I saw something scary-"

Y/n paused and knelt down in front of me. My head was drooped into my lap, thinking of Belos and that man I saw in the mirror only moments ago. I almost wanted to start crying, because I thought I was literally turning into Him.

My nose flared and I started to whimper. Y/n placed a hand on my jaw, her thumb gently stroking my cheek, "Oh Sweetheart. What happened? What scared you so badly you needed a hair trim?"

She didn't have any joking tone in her voice like I thought she would. I launched into my girlfriend's arms, tears streaming down my face. I sobbed into her shoulder, "I-I saw Him. I s-saw Belos in my reflection. I don't wanna look like Him! I-I don't wanna be reminded of Him!"

Y/n's arms snaked around my back and one of her hands began to rub soothing circles. My bruising back started to feel a little better with the massaging feeling. "Shh, Shh. It's okay, promise. He's not here, he can't get to you. You are Not Belos. You aren't Belos. You are safe, safe is with me, okay?" She cooed. "It's okay, my Darling. Belos won't get to you in the Human Realm, besides the Collector practically squashed him."

I nuzzled my face deeper into her neck, shirt, and hair, taking in a flowery smell. I wound the back of her multi-colored shirt through my fingers, squeezing her tighter as if I were to let go I would lose her forever. "Shh, just relax. Breathe, in through your nose, out through your mouth."

We did a few breathing exercises before I mumbled, "I don't deserve you. I don't deserve any of this kindness you give me."

"What?" She pulled back slightly. "What do you mean, Love? Of course you do! What made you think otherwise?"

I shrugged, "Thoughts. Dreams. Nightmares. Belos. I helped him for years, I caused this, yet you- you're all still here. I just- I don't get it."

"Hunter, my Best Friend, my Extraordinary boyfriend, My Darling, my Love, You are amazing! You are kind and compassionate. You are intelligent and charismatic. You are super curious and also extremely funny. I couldn't ask for someone better, yet you blame yourself for something you had no control over? That neither of any one of us kids had control over?" Y/n remarks.

"You don't have to do anything by yourself anymore. You can't do everything on your own anyways. I mean we all needed to use magic to even hold Belos back in his goop form. We have each other's backs, no matter what their background is. You have mine the most, and if I lost that-" She paused. "I'd never forgive myself or anyone who took that anyway from me."

"Okay, I understand," I replied. I truly did, but the guilt was still there, not that I could help it.

Y/n kissed my forehead and dried my wet cheeks with her thumbs and got back to work.

Snip. Snip... Snip. Snip. Snip.

I got scared by the huge electric razor to shave off the longer parts. We laughed over that, making me feel all bubbly inside as Y/n always makes me feel.

Buzz. Bizzzzz. Snip. Snip. Snip.

"And... Voila!" She exclaimed. "What 'cha think, Love?"

I slowly raised myself from the ceramic toilet seat. My bottom hurt a little, but that was to be expected. Lower back got a few cramps too.

"I hope you like it. It's the first time I've actually done someone's hair, so..." She dragged on with a nervous grin.

I slowly glanced into the mirror. My lips parted in a slight gasp. My ears twitched, turning pink a little. My eyes widened at the sight.

It was perfect. I suddenly felt a weight lifted off my chest. I felt as if that part of me never existed now. No sign of Belos or the old Hunter anywhere. I loved it. I started smiling so big my cheeks hurt and I began to sniffle again in happiness.

"Is it that bad? I-I can chang-" Y/n started.

"No, no! It's- perfect, my Darling. I love it so much, and I'll cherish this look forever!" I interrupted. I was blushing profusely, sweat on my brow.

Y/n physically deflated a little at the praise, probably thanking the Titan that I didn't hate it like she thought I would. She gently set the supplies on the counter, "I'm glad you like it. It looks handsome on you, Darling."

I froze for a second, taking in the compliment. Handsome. I'd been called that a few times, but it still felt different and amazing every time that word left her tongue. I then glided towards her across the tiles, bending down to give her a hug, twirling her around.

"Hunter!" She chuckled cutely, a dust of rose across her adorable face.

My head nuzzled into the nape of her neck, taking in that flowery scent again and mumbled a small, "I wuv you."

2,072 words total. Thanks for reading!

Published 4/4/2023 - A few days before Watching and Dreaming!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 4.9K 25
★~--•--~★ 𝐀 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬. 𝐓𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞...
518 26 9
Hunter x reader! Just want to mention that Y/n is neurodivergent. They/them pronouns but feel free to swap with your own! Please comment and I hope y...
5.3K 177 64
This Hunter toh x shy!fem!human!reader headcanons, drabbles and Oneshots I requested! 💖 Credits to favorite and wonderful Tumblr bloggers are who wr...
18.7K 412 14
Basically I like my book Flapjack and I'm sad it's over. So you guys are getting a bonus one! It's basically one shots for goldric and just a few oth...