The Day Before Yesterday (BxB...

By ShytheHyacinth

After waking, Dylan learns of the truth that his parents tried desperately to hide. The incident isn't at al... More

𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖈𝕶!
𝕮𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝕶𝖊 𝖀𝖕
𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝕷𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕬 𝕿𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉'𝖘 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖆
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖞, 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖞, & 𝕾𝖊𝖝
𝕻𝖍𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖝
 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕴 𝕯𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖄𝖔𝖚
𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓
𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕸𝖆𝖏𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖞'𝖘 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖎𝖘 𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞
𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖘
𝕬 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖓 𝕴𝖓 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖉𝖊
𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖘 𝕺𝖓 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉
𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘 & 𝕽𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖓𝖆𝕶𝖊𝖘
𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘' 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝕶 𝕹𝖔 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖊
𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖍
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕻𝖊𝖆𝕶-𝕬-𝕭𝖔𝖔 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕴𝖋 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝕬 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖂𝖆𝖓𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - I
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖗 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕲𝖔𝖙 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II
𝕿𝖜𝖎𝖓 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖘

𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕿𝖞𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑 𝕱𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

401 19 4
By ShytheHyacinth

A/N: I really enjoyed writing this cause black royalty are never shown in books or mainstream media. Even when they are shown, it's never in a good light. So this one goes out to the people who never see themselves in their favorite piece of media!!
_______________________________

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚗)

"Ok....When will I see you again?" Dylan asked while trying his best to sound optimistic, I could tell he was uncomfortable with the turn our conversation took.

Honestly I wanted him to be here. I wanted to ask him to come back to me. His heat was irregular and could worsen at any minute, his anxiety was up, and I felt how desperately he wanted to talk to me through the bond. Something was different about him.

Unfortunately I was a little wrapped up with something in the moment. I couldn't be there for him like I wanted to till it was settled.

"Definitely soon, I'll call you tomorrow to check up on you. Just relax, okay baby? Everything is fine." I assured through the phone as I glanced to the audience in my room. Ethan and Jonathan were making teasing kissy faces at me from beside Thomas who stood stiffly by the pack witch's side.

I hung up the phone and threw up the finger at my idiot brother and cousin. They were the one thing about home I didn't miss.

They were unfazed by my attitude and spent the next few minutes clowning me. All that shit talking but if I beat there asses, I'd be the immature one.

"My Prince, Royal Beta's, we must get going now. Your parents have summoned you urgently." The pack's High Priestess Aya declared once more as she stood with her arms crossed, glancing at the time and back to me.

"I understand, I just need a moment to grab my things—" She cut me off with the flick of her wrist. Red sand covered the ground and suddenly I was falling through a portal on the ground and landing feet first on the ground.

I turned in confusion from the overview of the forest and was met with the view of my home.

________________________________

I groaned and dusted the sand off of my clothes and glared at Thomas who insisted we traveled traditionally with the aid of a Caribbean witch. Something about it being safer but I didn't buy that crap.

"Always using freaking sand, sand and the random bones of rare endangered fucking animals." I grumbled as I walked over to Aya who chatted with Jonathan and a woman I didn't recognize.

"Good Goddess Aya! I needed my things, you can't just warp me without even—"

"Welcome back to the castle My Prince, we apologize for the rush. Aya already packed your belongings and I have transported them to your room. If you please, your parents are awaiting you in the great hall." The women spoke in a low regal manner, not remotely apologetic for her actions but being cordial anyways.

Ah, yes.

The sweet life of a True Alpha slash Future Monarch in training. Being ordered around as your life is planned down to the hour by someone other than you. A bonus is never having space to complain or rant about it. We just adore that.

My therapist Mateo is about to have a field day about this shit. He's probably gonna make me journal down my emotions instead of punching some shit, label it as emotional maturity.

I kinda just wanted to punch some shit...or read a really dreary book.

"Or talk to Dylan." Saint added with a happy hum, sounding giddy as shit as if we weren't on bad terms right now.

"You fucker, didn't I tell you not to talk about him until you apologize?" I growled back internally while scoffing at how Saint sighed dramatically.

"I gave him a sip of blood, not a line of wolf's buff, you need to calm down! Plus you gotta admit, it was kinda hot—" Saint countered making that vein on the side of my head throbbed and my temper do a somersault. I proceeded to block him out just as quickly as he had surfaced.

Without saying anything else I walked in tandem with the others passed the gate and into the courtyard where the real show awaited.

"You miss the castle life yet Jay?" Ethan questioned whimsically as he threw an arm over my shoulder and sped up to walk along side me. Jonathan threw his arm around me as well and they were practically pulling me down to their heights as we continued to walk. Not missing the way the guards stood stiffly at their post but eyed us in amusement.

"I wasn't aware that there was anything to miss." I muttered back while rolling my eyes at his and Jonathan's antics.

"Don't be like that little brother. I've been holding down the fort since you left and I thought you'd be happier at the prospect of being home." Jo teased as we approached the castle doors.

________________________________

These idiots knew damn well that I'd rather be anywhere Dylan was right now. I had honestly half expected the emergency call to the Royal court would be postponed till after I graduated but I guess another three years was too long of a wait.

Fanfare immediately sounded as we approached and before we could even pass the threshold, we were announced.

"Announcing the arrival of Future King True Alpha Jayden Adairis Beaumont, First of his name. Accompanied by His future Royal Beta's, Prince Jonathan Beaumont, Prince Ethan Hirano. As well as Head Royal Guard and Advisor to the current king, Thomas Laville." The Herald bellows into the foyer to the awaiting maids and staff who stood in a neat line, bowing deeply.

"Thank you, that was entirely unnecessary." I huffed as I bowed back, trying my best to keep a smile on my face as everyone greeted me.

"Welcome back Princes, it's so great to see you my King." Voices cheered as the lifted their hands towards the sky and bowed their head. This was a custom greeting for Royalty in our pack.

Half of these maids watched me grow up, I would've done away with a hug and maybe a hand shake here and there, but that's apparently not the "way" of things. There were rules to everything and I went day to day breaking half of them by just being myself.

________________________________

"Jayden!!" Two voices called in unison from somewhere upstairs. I heard the clack of their shoes against the gold marble flooring, before they came into view.

"Princesses Kailani, Kaleeya, please no running in the castle!" One of the head maids scolded softly, mainly for their safety.  My sisters were the type to throw caution to the wind, they hardly heeded the warning as they ran as fast as they could. Nearly knocking over several servants on their way into my awaiting arms.

"Oof, okay. There's my hug!" I hummed out as I embraced my little sisters. The twins each screamed in delight as I picked them up and spun them around.

"Lani, Leeya, you can let go now." I told as I tried to set them down, to my surprise they were able to hang on to my shoulders two feet from the ground.

"Wow no hug for me, you guys don't need to be so loud about which is your favorite brother." Jonathan huffed out dramatically causing the girls to let go of me and turn to face Jonathan's pouty self.

"This loser, don't you have something to do? Trimming your eyebrows for starters." Kaleeya asked with the raise of an eyebrow as she threw in that dig.

"You've been in the house for the entire vacation, we've seen a little too much of your ass." Kailani added causing Ethan and I to quite literally drop dead from laughter.

"I'm crying." I wheezed as I wiped literal tears from my eyes.

"They can't stand you, I'm weak as hell!" Ethan guffawed beside me as we pointed at Jonathan who just kept nodding without saying much.

"Nah that's cool, keep that same energy later when mom and dad go in on your ass." Jonathan mumbled as he threw up his arms nonchalantly as he watched my expression drop. He ruffled my sisters' hair as he walked away.

"Asshole! You ruined my curls!" Lani hissed.

"I'm telling mom, you fugly mutt!" Leeya sneered.

"Wait, what about mom and dad?" I spat out as I turn and look at Ethan who was already walking away whistling a not so inconspicuous tone. He was used to the four of us wreaking havoc, at this point he was immune.

"Oh, Momma and Aunt Gisele said we're having dinner in a bit. They wanna talk to you in the great hall." Kailani urged whole practically pulling me to go see our parents.

"Yeah I know, but I need to go change, I'm in my casual clothes. You two look nice though." I complimented genuinely as I retracted my arm from Lani's grabby hands. My sisters giggled at the comment, each spinning in their respective outfits to show them off.

Each wearing black but distinctive feminine touches to Kailani's outfit, jewelry, lipgloss, pink Jordans. Whereas Kaleeya dressed less dainty any opportunity she got, no makeup, hoop earrings, and whatever those shoes were on her feet.

"Wait are those my old sneakers? From like middle school? Kaleeya how many time do I have to tell your crazy ass to keep out my damn room?!" I barked making her jump and dash away, hand in hand with Kailani.

"See you at dinner Jay!" Kaleeya yelped out before she rounded the corner.

"Hope dad doesn't yell at you too much! Good luck!" Kailani added as she followed closely behind her.

"Running! What did I just say about the running?!" The head maid said as she marched after them. Signaling the rest of the maids and butlers to continue on with their chores as she exited.

"Thomas, what is this talk I keep hearing? What's going on?" I questioned towards Ethan and Thomas who seemed to be engaged in a side bar conversation, oblivious to my confusion.

"Umm, I don't think I should be the one to say anything....I was practically ordered not to." He muttered as he scratched at his beard tiredly. Ethan had practically teleported from the room before I could throw my questions at him.

"Come on, at least give me a warning so I can plan my daring escape from the dinner table." I charmed as charismatically as I could. I even sent him a smile.

"First of all what the hell is that face? Are you sneering at me? I already told you kid, I am bound by my word. Your father will discuss it with you soon anyways." He nagged as he rolled his eyes at my shit attempt at prying the information from him.

I frowned at his comment before shrugging away my worry. Sure, I was lacking composure but I had to man up. I had a hunch of what was happening anyways.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go call Margaret and André. I need to make sure they haven't set our home on fire." Thomas croaked out as he waved goodbye and went along with his day.

"Perfect. I guess I'll see everyone at dinner." I concluded as I turned on my heel to walk away.

I make my way up to my room only to pause before my door. It was opened slightly and it had me standing on edge. I turned to the guard stationed at the end of the hall where my room had been to ask him who else has been in there when I heard a loud noise.

"Who the fuck—" I started barking out before I'm met with the view of the woman who was talking to Aya earlier. She looked startled by my presence as she went through my closet hurriedly. She instantly put down the clothes in her hand and turned to face me while bowing. Throwing her hands up to the sky.

"My future King, I was just about finished. Your mother asked me to choose a suit for you. The dinner theme is burgundy so she's ask you wear noir." Her French accent sounded in my ears, making me pause once more to acknowledge the foreign woman.

"I'm sorry, I know I've been away from home but who the hell are you?" I inquired as I folded my arms over my chest and tilted my head in confusion.

"Arielle, my king, your mother's new hand maid." She declared as she stood from her bow, looking at me for a moment before turning back to the closet.

"It's okay, I'll wear something nice but I'd like to choice my clothing myself." I said, relieving her of her duties. She couldn't reach half of the clothes in my closet anyways, she was too short. I assume that's what the noise was anyways.

"Very well, see you at dinner, my liege." She bowed once more before muttering something in embarrassment beneath her breath.

"Right then, I should probably get going before my mom sends more castle staff after me." I muttered tiredly as I stretched my arms out in my room.

It was strange being home after so long and I wanted to stay. Yet, my gut told me whatever my dad had in store for me would have me on the next warp out of here.

I was able to clean up in under half an hour. I had to admit, I did look pretty nice. But I wouldn't ever wear fancy clothes like this outside the palace.

It takes me a few minutes to make my way towards the great hall. I would've been there sooner if I hadn't bumped into a dozen people on my way over. All of which decided to greet me formally to which I had to acknowledge.

I never liked so much attention to be on me at all times. The only time I felt like I could breathe in this castle was when I was locked away in my room or with my siblings. I preferred escaping any chance I got to be amongst the people of the pack. They were friendly but their greeting were far more humble and less rigid.

All attention was sort of overwhelming. Unless it was from Dylan, my family, or my mother.

Speaking of my mother. A shriek of delight sounded in my ears as her form came into view.

-𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐨𝐰-

"Is that my youngest son?!" My mother's voice called sweetly as I approached. Her black dress was tailored by the best dress fitters in the land. Gold jewelry lined her neck and she looked priceless. That didn't stop her from rushing over to greet me.

She practically squeezed me till all of her love soaked into the hug.

"Hi Ma, how are you?" I asked as she let me go and held my hands to her heart.

"Wonderful now that all my children are under one roof again." She hummed happily as she gave my hands a kiss before pausing to look at me.

She looked behind me in confusion and turned back to face me as if I was hiding something.

"Where is he? I thought you were bringing him to meet us this time?" My mother pouted as she looked to me with a look of disappointment.

"Maybe next time Ma, he's still going through a lot right now, and all of this....it'd overwhelm him." I replied truthfully as I looked to the girls who dashed over to us.

"So your boyfriend is gonna be Lunos of the pack right?" Kaleeya asked loudly causing me to mug her.

"Yeah, I suppose some day he will." I shrugged before turning to Lani who gasped loudly.

"Wow that's so crazy! We haven't even met that white boy and he's gonna be our king." She added making me roll my eyes.

"Would you two go find your own business to mind? Nosy ass kids—" I mumbled earning a slap upside my head from my mother.

"Ow." I hissed while looking at her in disbelief.

"Just because I'm short doesn't mean I won't smack you for cussing in my house Adairis." She scolded making me flinch at her use of my middle name.

"The girls were cursing up a storm earlier Ma, how come you don't yell at them?!" I argued causing her to roll her eyes and walk away towards the table.

My aunt and uncle approached me next and were quick to swarm me in affection. They were wearing matching traditional garbs. My aunt in a tight fitted flowing dress with beads stitched all throughout the gown. My uncle was wearing a matching black dress suit, traditional jewelry lining his neck.

"Aww my nephew, you look so handsome, have you been eating well at that school?" Auntie Gisele asked as she lifted my arms up to observe my weight. Typical Caribbean aunt things.

"Leave the poor boy alone, he probably hasn't even sat down since walking in here." Ethan's dad relayed as he shook my hand and pulled me into a side hug.

"Thank you Uncle Milo." I smiled as I turned to take my seat at the table.

________________________________

"Where's Dad?" I asked my brother who took his seat beside me, across from where the girls had been seated. My mom sat beside her sister and Uncle Milo who left the head of the table for my dad.

My mom usually sat close to my dad but she wanted to be closer to me since she hasn't seen me in so long.

"He had a meeting with the Elders that ran late, he seemed stressed on his way there, and when he sat down." Leeya revealed earning a loud gasp from my mother.

"Kaleeya Dalia Beaumont! How many times have I told you not to follow your dad to his meetings?! My mother queried with a chilling tone making me grimace.

We have all been on the other side of my mom's, "you are in so much trouble, it's not even funny" tone. If my dad didn't get in here soon, all hell was about to break loose.

Suddenly the doors swung open from the south side of the room where the council room had been.

He glanced around the table before trying his best to gather the anger he strolled in here with. That was one quality my dad had that I admired. No matter what crap is going on he never took it out on his family.

Sure he was a strict overbearing asshat, but he always left what went on inside those meetings beyond the doors.

"Son, it's great to see you again." My father half smiled before glancing to the rest of the family.

"Let dinner commence." He clapped loudly, signaling the arrival of the kitchen staff. All of which carried dishes that seemed home cooked. A traditional menu that was a stark contrast to what we served at fancy events.

Rice and beans, seafood broils, gumbo, fried plantains, that one white drink that gets you drunk off your ass. Oh, and the—

"Ooh, are those conch fritters?" Ethan asked loudly as the chef entered the room, carrying a platter of them to the spot closest to my dad.

"Yes, they are...." He said as he took his seat by Milo, clearly missing how Jayden, Ethan and I all eyed each other skeptically.

"You wanna pass them over Uncle Gio?" Ethan asked charmingly, batting his eyelashes at him as if his antics had any effect on him.

My father put some on his own plate before handing the plater over to my mom, having an inkling where this night was about to go.

"You boys each get five, I made sure the chef prepared an even amount for everyone." She said before hesitating to hand the platter over.

"Five each!" She reiterated as we all scattered to grab some.

"Momma, what if I wanted more than five?" Lani questioned as Jonathan tried to steal one extra to which I smacked his hand and offered the platter to my sister.

"Lani, you don't even be eating them like that. You just be eating the plantains cause you're allergic to seasoned food." Jonathan scoffed earning a look from my mother that told him to knock it off.

"I'm not allergic to seasoning, ass wipe, I just can't eat them cause they're spicy!" She growled out while handing her fritters to Leeya who traded for her fried plantains.

"Let me get one Leeya." I asked kindly earning me one of the extra fritters. Jonathan turned to Eth looking flabbergasted and Ethan turned to my mother.

"If you boys wanted some maybe you shouldn't have teased Lani." My mother shrugged as she put some black rice onto her food and motioned for some wine.

"Auntie I didn't even say nothing, can't you make Leeya give me one?" Ethan begged as Leeya taunted him with the sight of her plate, making sure to wave one in his face before eating it loudly.

I held back a laugh and turned to see my mom looking annoyed.

"You laughed at the joke. Also I don't have anything to say about nothing, I made sure you all got the same amount, what happens next is none of my business." My mother stated while looking to my father who chuckled at all the insanity.

"Everything taste wonderful, Honey. Thank you for setting this up." He smiled seductively to which she blew a kiss at him and winked.

"Oh, okay, gross." Ethan grimaced, before turning back to his food.

"Right over my dinner? Really Ma?" Jonathan huffed in dismay to which the girls and I joined in.

"Y'all are nasty for real."

"On Goddess."

"Seriously...." I added while mentally trying to shake that image from my brain.

"Oh don't be like that girls, everyone knows having a mate makes you do silly things." My father told them before he turned to me.

"Isn't that right Jayden?" He added as he stabbed his fork into his oxtail, digging his knife into it.

"What was that?" I asked while tensing up, turning to send a glare his way.

"No, I was just saying because you practically turned the very nature of our world upside down for a mate you haven't let us meet." He clarified coyly while pausing to look at me, my pheromones were starting to leak out and the room went quiet.

"I told you already, I'm not sorry for choosing Dylan over your stupid ass treaty, if you want a fucking apology—"

"Language!" My mom gasped in disbelief while sending me a bewildered expression.

"No, it's okay Daphné. Jayden, I understand why you did what you did. I just wish you'd let me meet the boy." He stated with a shrug. Clearly ready to drop the conversation as if he hadn't just thrown that dig my way.

I turned to face my mother who cleared her throat and waved over the butler with the wine. She always tried to clear the air after something like this happened.

"Anyone want more red? Or should I grab something stronger?" She smiled while pouring some for herself.

"Uh, none for me, I'll stick to water." My aunt replied while turning to my uncle who gave her a shocked look.

"But you love red? Especially that brand of red. Love, are you feeling okay?" He asked while putting a hand to her head.

"Oh no, please don't tell me you're sick, mom." Ethan said worriedly making my mom tense up and swarm her sister's personal space.

"Sick?! You'd tell me if you were sick, right? Do I have to get the salutary healer? Are you okay?" She ranted hysterically. As she waved Arielle over.

"Go fetch the healer, and make sure you tell her—"

"No! Okay, everyone calm down, I'm fine!" She said through smushed cheeks as my mom held her head in her hands observing her skeptically.

"Daphné please let go, I'm not sick.....I'm pregnant." She announced causing everyone to snap their heads towards her then my my uncle who seemed just as shock as we were.

"Wait?! I'm finally gonna be a sibling? After like, ten years of begging?" Ethan practically jumped from his seat, looking to his dad who was practically crying into his wife's side.

"A baby? Are you sure?" He questioned in disbelief to which she nodded happily.

"I'm four months along." She stated making my mom gasp and jump up elatedly.

"I'm so happy for you two! Ooh, have you thought of any baby names? Is it a girl or a boy? Were you guys trying for long? I thought you were kinda done after Ethan—"

"Daphné." My dad scolded to which my mom rolled her eyes.

"Hey, what?" Ethan said in offense at the tone in which my mother commented.

"Oh come on, I love you nephew, but you gave these two a run for their money at nearly every damn year after your terrible two's."

"Oh, don't remind us." My aunt chuckled as she held her belly. Ethan still looked offended but his mom just offered him one of her fritters to appease him. It worked like a charm.

"This is great news, we should host a festival. Right father?" Jonathan said as he turned to my father's smiling face.

"Of course, a baby in the Royal family is something to host an enormous festival for. We'll need dancers, and exotic foods. We'll have to invite neighboring packs, and—" My mom started ranting out to which my father interjected.

"We are closing our borders to all neighboring packs. If we have a festival it will be with our people and extended family only." He said rigidly, without commenting on anything further.

"Our borders? Dad, we're a pivotal stop for trade, that would cripple neighboring economies and—" I tried interjecting to which he held a hand up.

"It was already voted on by the elders, it's out of my hands." He muttered before waving over the butler with the wine, taking the whole bottle and sending him to grab him a bourbon instead.

This man hates bourbon. That's how I knew we were in some shit.

"We'll talk more about this later." I stated while turning back to my aunt and mom who went back to talking about baby related things.

The twins were going back and forth on the gender of the baby, and everyone seemed to transition away from the way my father hid his concern.

That was another quality my dad had to admire.

Even if things were hitting the fucking fan. He'll always be sure to put on a brave face for his family.

After years of training to be King, I could see through it though.

He sent me a look that told me to drop it and that only made me more concerned for the future.

I wish I was with Dylan right now. Away from the stress of the elders and the weight of the crown.

I really missed him.

(𝙿.𝚘.𝚟 ~ 𝙳𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚗)

"Yeah, I'd like to reiterate that I know already, so you two can stop staring like that." I huffed out as I turned my gaze away from Sasha and Ryan who stood in my room with matching expressions of astonishment.

"So in the last months since we've seen you. You've been a wreck, cut all ties with your family, been a walking disaster when it comes to your powers, ignore the head mistress's warning to take the elixir and drank from Jayden..." Sasha started while holding her hands together and pointing them to me and Phoenix.

"But to be fair, he did pull a 180, and reconnected with his familiar, gotten over his fear of drinking from the vein, and reconnected with his family. Also she wasn't home that one day so the elixir thing wasn't his fault." Ryan countered making me point at him with a wide smile.

"You see, I knew one of you would have my back—" I started before he held his hand up to interject.

"Oh no, I think you're insane but I'm still kinda proud of you. Just a smidge proud." He chuckled as he held his fingers in a pinched way to show how proud he was.

"They are practically touching Ryan." I grumbled to which he shook his head.

"There's a smidge worth of space between them, don't be silly." He deadpanned.

"Okay but like, do you think I should reach out to him? He hasn't called me since going home and I'm worried." I muttered while I twiddled the ends of my hair nervously.

"Calm down, I'm sure he's just got caught up in princely shit. Just wait for him to get back to you." Sasha reasoned as she walked over to my bed and sat down.

"Dude, you're life is so crazy." Ryan huffed as he came to sit beside me as well, leaning his head into my shoulder as he gave me a hug.

"It's only gonna get crazier with the school year starting next month. His birthday, a new year, new classes, new life practically. Are you ready for this Dylan?" Sasha questioned genuinely while looking to me with a look of concern.

"I think I'll survive, but just know I'm eagerly counting the days till graduation." I added humorlessly.

Letting my mind wander to what's to come in all the new changes life has in store.

_____________________________

Princesses Kaleeya and Kailani

King Giovanni Beaumont

Queen Daphné Beaumont's outfit

Royal Princess Gisele Hirano's outfit

Royal Beta Milo Hirano

High Priestess Aya

Thomas Laville

Giselle Hirano on Right, Daphné Beaumont on Left

_____________________________

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 3.1K 60
Dylan Davis's life as a Were-Witch hybrid is anything but ordinary. After recovering from a traumatic childhood event that is deeper than he perceive...
1.2K 81 33
TW!!! There are triggering stuff in this... please read tags before reading! This is a story about a criminal who recently got out of jail, He is try...
84.9K 5K 50
| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• He was a soldier, running towar...
281K 14.1K 83
The first time I cut myself and I saw that my blood was purple I wasn't concerned, but then when my Nanny cut herself and her blood was red. I was co...