These Violent Acts → House o...

By scmmander

They would bow. She would make them bow. (House of the Dragon) (OC x OC) (OC x Aemond) (OC x Jacaerys) (OC x... More

These Violent Acts
ACT 1.
001. Gods Save The King
002. Gods Are Cruel
003. Between Gods and Men
004. The Movements of a Dragon
005. A Damning Letter
006. A Tully Celebration
007. A Lannister Mystery
008. Murder, She Wrote
009. The Baratheons
010. The Great Stag
011. The Unexpected Expected Visitor
012. A Great Ball
013. Lords and Ladies A Plenty
014. Potential Suitors
015. What's a Party Without a Little Blood?
016. The Passing Of Time
017. The Older Sister Befalls the Fate Of Mother
018. The Two Old Friends, Scheming and Manipulation
019. Moves And Countermoves
020. The Semi-insane and semi-responsible
021. The Art Of The Lie
ACT 2.
023. A sweet return
022. An Expedition For The Ages
023. The Pride of Kings Landing
024. Dealing with Old Lovers
025. Clear-headed
026. Love Never Lost
027. Driftmark
028. Aemond Targaryen

022. What's a Wedding Without a Bit Of Death?

983 36 3
By scmmander

"I slept with Ser Criston Cole,"

Naenya paused, blinking as the words entered her brain. Slowly placing down the goblet of water, she turned towards Rhaenyra, who had only recently arrived home from the den of the Seasnake. 

"Alright," Naenya finally said.

Elden, who was seated on the floor with the twins, let out a muffled chortle, earning him a glare from his wife. Only Elden's quick reflexes saved him from a goblet to the head, which had been thrown at remarkable speed by Naenya. 

"Alright?" Rhaenyra echoed, staring at her sister in what almost appeared to be betrayal and disgust, "You nearly had me beheaded for almost sleeping with Daemon, but this gets an 'alright'?"

"Well, what am I supposed to say? I already got angry, and you can't exactly unfuck him, can you?" Naenya pointed out, as Elden covered an ear of each twin, "Also, he's your sworn protector. He would be out of his mind if you spoke ill of you,"

Rhaenyra paused. Her lips parted, then closed, then parted once more. Rhaenyra was hardly at a loss for words when the two sisters spoke, yet now, after mentioning some measly knight, Rhaenyra seemed silent. 

"He wished to run away with me," Rhaenyra finally spoke, looking down at her fingers. 

It was silent for a moment. As silent as a room with two babies could be at least, Maegor always seemed to be cooing. Until, after glances were passed between Naenya and Elden, Elden finally let out a loud cackle. 

Naenya glanced at her husband, waiting for him to quieten down, as Elden grabbed his stomach and gasped for air. Both twins were watching their father, Vanya remaining silent as her large eyes observed with slight curiosity and Maegor's chubby hands reaching towards his own stomach to copy his father, as Elden attempted to reign himself in. 

"Yeah, you two can just jump onto your giant fuck-off dragon and disappear... on your giant fuck-off dragon," 

Yet again, Elden managed to dodge a flying goblet. 

"That is... certainly odd," Naenya said, delicately gathering her words, "Has he seemed off in any way since you declined? I assumed you declined,"

"Of course, I declined," Rhaenyra said quickly, "But yes, I believe something is off,"

Naenya nodded, standing from her position on her chair as she began to move towards her jewellery box. Her box was open, and the plethora of red and black jewels were winking at her. Her fingers ran over a golden chain she was considering wearing for Rhaenyra's wedding feast. 

"We will watch him, see if he does anything of potential concern," Naenya decided, her gaze slowly moving towards Rhaenyra, "But for now, we focus on getting you married,"

The golden lining of Naenya's dress twirled with her as she was hoisted into the air and spun around. Mild-mannered laughter was allowed from Naenya while under so many eyes. Of course, it wasn't the laughter that showed her feelings. It was her smile. It shone brightly for her dance partner, Elden Baratheon, who twirled her around and whispered jokes about those around them. If one were to glance too fast, they might even be able to catch a glimmer of genuine emotion from the Targaryen heir, something that had begun to be hidden away for only her closest companions to see. 

While it certainly wasn't the Targaryen heir's wedding, one would be forgiven for mistaking it as such. Considering the two individuals that were actually getting married weren't even dancing together at the moment, each off with another man. Evidence of a happy marriage, between Daemon's entry with news of a deceased wife, the glaring green dress the Queen wore beside the King, and the new couple seeming closer to friends than lovers, was few and far between. Princess Naenya and Lord Elden Baratheon were a welcoming sight to see for the incoming Lords and Ladies and gave the Houses yet another cause to accept their future Queen. 

Since her announcement as heir, every step of Princess Naenya's dance was as delicate and precise as the last. 

Lord Tyland Lannister stepped onto the dance floor, waiting patiently by some nearby ladies for his turn in the dance. Naenya was the first to notice him, giving her husband a slight nod before being spun towards the second son of the lioness. 

"Your mother is not dancing?" Naenya said, offering a smile to the seemingly weary lioness who took space on a table close to the dance floor, "She seemed more than willing at my wedding,"

Tyland kept at a more than respectable distance from his soon-to-be Queen as Elden kept a silent watch on the movements of the dance floor near his wife. Despite Naenya speaking in low tones, she was certain Elden knew of what her conversation with Tyland contained. Words spoken between the lion and dragon were not for other lords' ears, and Elden would do his best to ensure it. 

"She has recently overcome a bout of sickness. She's steadily recovering," Tyland explained, moving easily with the music. 

"And if this affliction were to retake hold," Naenya began, pausing slightly to allow Tyland to understand, "Would House Lannister still hold my rule in high regard?"

Tyland paused momentarily, the stop in motion not even breaking their dance, "It may,"

Naenya nodded, glancing towards Jason Lannister. She didn't bother to hold her breath in hope. 

Elden Baratheon was beside her in an instant, pulling her and Tyland backwards as a scream cut through the crowd. Naenya quickly followed Elden's gaze, noticing a crowd forming away from them.

"Go, Lord Tyland, make sure your mother is well," Naenya said, quickly walking towards the crowd.

Elden quickly followed as Naenya pushed her way through, loudly requesting every Lord and Lady she bumped into to move by her order. The seas almost parted for the heir to the Iron Throne, Elden working to push back those that didn't listen and those that attempted to shove.

Naenya moved two ladies aside as she got to the front, unrestrained shock coming over her face before she had time to process what was laid out before her. Elden was beside her instantly, watching those around like a hawk to ensure no harm befell his wife. 

"This is of potential concern," Naenya said softly, struggling to control her horror. 

Elden glanced from Naenya to the two men on the floor, his jaw falling slack, "That is Ser Criston Cole, is it not?"

Naenya nodded grimly. The man who was surely Ser Laenor's lover was dead on the floor, his face sunken and bloody. 

"Guards!" Naenya's voice rang out, clear above the rest, "Take Cole away,"

Criston Cole sat on top of the man, helplessness clouding his face. As the guards came up from behind him, Cole stood of his own free will and quickly walked out of the room. 

"Follow him," Naenya instructed.

Finally, she took a step back. 

Moving away from the crowd, with Elden in her shadow, Naenya attempted to pull her thoughts back together. 

"Do we get rid of him?" Elden questioned from behind her, "He certainly doesn't seem sane enough to keep Rhaenyra's-"

"He won't be part of the Kingsguard much longer if I have any say about it," Naenya said in a hushed tone, glancing over at the royal table. 

"Then that will be what is done. Who has more say than you? You're the heir," 

"The King," Naenya said, her gaze trailing after Alicent Hightower's shadow as the Queen followed after Criston Cole, "and the Queen,"

"The King will show his favour to you," Elden hummed, "The Green Queen doesn't hold more sway than you,"

authors note

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 783 19
"𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐝."
106K 2.6K 34
ℋ𝒾𝓇𝒶ℯ𝓉𝒽 (𝒏.) 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐, 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒂...
39.4K 1.2K 14
In which Remus and Sirius watch their daughters life who is stuck in another universe. I suck at descriptions and summaries. House of the Dragons x H...