lost soul [teen wolf]

By allisonsgf

Aires Hale was a lost soul, born into the Hale family, she was forced into the supernatural world at birth an... More

must read
songs for season one
original characters + faceclaims
my oc's aesthetics
[chapter one] aires hale
[chapter two] the wolf moon
[chapter three] are we out of the woods?
[chapter four] bring me to life
[chapter five] is this real life? is this a dream?
[chapter six] new york, new york
[chapter eight] she was playing with dark magic
[chapter eight] scream
[chapter nine] the way it was
[chapter ten] night school
[chapter eleven] forever forgetting you
[chapter twelve] the cruelty of love
[chapter thirteen] better than revenge
[chapter fourteen] the dinner party from hell
[chapter fifteen] the eve witch
[chapter sixteen] ever after happy
season two
songs for sesson two <3
[chapter seventeen] after death
[chapter eighteen] now I'm haunted
[chapter eighteen] control is overrated
[chapter nineteen] kiss and kill each other
[chapter twenty] the monster in disguise
[chapter twenty one] born to die
[chapter twenty two] the odds
[chapter twenty three] the line between good and evil
[chapter twenty four] fighting against fate
[chapter twenty five] the other side of reality
[chapter twenty six] the vote
[chapter swenty seven] darkness has come again
[chapter twenty eight] the sweet taste of revenge
[chapter twenty nine] look what you made me do
[chapter thirty] cherry flavoured revenge
[chapter thirty one] a slice of chaos
[chapter thirty two] I kissed a girl
[chapter thirty three] everything's coated crimson red
[chapter thirty four] broken promises
[chapter thirty five] only love can hurt like this

[chapter seven] the tragic secret love affair

1K 20 5
By allisonsgf

'✧∘* ˚.

One year ago...

It was early April and the New York air was starting to change, Aires was in her freshman year at one of the city's best private schools- and for once, everything seemed okay.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." Sage whispered in the girl's ear before spinning Aires around and planting a kiss on the girl's lips.

"Why thank you." Aires whispered, a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Did I mention how beautiful you look?" Sage whispered whilst tucking a strand of hair behind the girl's ear.

"You're so sickeningly sweet." The Hale shot back with a playful roll of her eyes.

"You love it."

With another roll of her eyes, Aires fell back onto her bed, her eyes on the ceiling as she resisted the urge to smile at her girlfriend's presence. Though she missed Beacon Hills and her two best friends, she never wanted to leave New York.

Everything was different. The air was different, the school was different.

And she had Sage.

And they had their own secret love affair- something that wouldn't have happened if they were in Beacon Hills.

"Lets sneak into a ball later tonight." The brunette suddenly suggested bringing a snort from Aires lips.

"What?" She muttered whilst pushing herself up on her elbows.

"Let's sneak out later. We can crash the ball that's happening on the upper east side."

"Sage." Aires mumbled with a soft shake of her head. "You're not being serious."

"Oh come on Aires, please."

"Fine." The Hale shot back. "Whatever, let's crash this ball."

"I'm glad you came to your senses."

"Whatever."

'✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

Sage was back.

Sage was in Beacon Hills.

Sage...

It infuriated me so badly, I couldn't breathe. I was suffocating inside my own skin, and it was because of her sudden presence. She had thrown my world upside down, she had come crashing into an already ongoing tragedy and added fuel to the fire.

I hated her.

The weekend had gone by in a blur, mostly consisting of me locked up in my room- ignoring my two best friends. They were the cause for my brother being thrown in jail, once again they had gone ahead with a plan without consulting me first. And the damage they had caused was catastrophic.

"Aires." Lydia snapped with a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Yes." I hissed back through clenched teeth.

"Pay attention."

With a roll of my eyes, I mindlessly followed the girl into the cafeteria. Though I was too in my own mind to realise who's table she had made us join.

"Figure out what?" Lydia asked whilst I dropped my gaze onto the table, ignoring Stiles' guilty frown that was directed my way.

I couldn't look at him- I couldn't. Not when he had caused my already fucked up life to become even more messed up. He knew Derek was in town and he didn't tell me.

It stung.

"Well the four of us are hanging out, including Aires." Lydia mumbled, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I snapped with a scowl.

"I said the five of us are hanging out. Don't worry babe, I'll find you a super hot date."

"I'll pass." I muttered with a sickeningly sweet smile on my lips.

"Do you know what else sounds fun?" Jackson mumbled, making me roll my eyes. "Stabbing myself in the face with this fork."

"I'll happily do it Jackass." I interrupted as a smirk tugged on my lips.

"What about bowling? You love bowling!" Allison suggested to Scott, who was quick to glance at me, expecting me to help him out.

"Yeah I'm not doing this." I hissed with a shake of my head.

The last thing I wanted to do was go out partying with them, especially Scott. I had rough shit to deal with- enough messes to clean up. I simply didn't have time and didn't want to.

"Aires shut up, you're coming whether you like it or not."

"Seriously, Lyds?"

"Yes, seriously. Your sister just died-"

"Fine." I snapped whilst jumping out of my seat. "I'll come."

I couldn't bear to hear her bring up Laura, I didn't want anyone to mention Laura. I needed to keep my mind in tact. I had mourned Laura, I had cried, I had to move on, I couldn't afford to get stuck in sadness. So if it took one night of hell for Lydia to stop breathing down my throat, constantly reminding me of what had happened with Laura, I would take it.

'✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

I had decided to skip the get together at Allisons, instead deciding to meet them all at the bowling alley.

"Are you sure you can bowl in those shoes?" Elliot purred whilst sliding up next to me, sending a sickening sensation to my stomach. 

Lydia had chosen to invite the boy who was the bane of my existence, one of the people I loathed the most in the world. Not only was he a player, but he also happened to be the most disgustingly homophobic person I had ever met.

He was foul and I wanted to rip his ugly head off.

"You seriously can't bowl in those." He whispered with a grin on his face.

"Watch me." I hissed before strutting in my doc martens up to our lane.

With my eyes on the goal, I walked up with ease and released the ball, getting a strike with little to no effort. A smirk ghosted on my lips as I spun on my heel, glancing back at the shocked expressions plastered on everyone's face.

I knew I was gonna win the game, with or without magic.

So as the time passed, I watched Jackass and Elliot desperately try to catch up to my score, only to fail tragically. Everytime Elliot threw the ball it either went straight into the gutter or only knocked down a few pins, thanks to my magic.

And whilst Allison and Scott sat practically on top of each other, being sickeningly cute, I sat with a murderous scowl on my face- nothing new. Scott was doing decent, Lydia was a pro, Allison seemed to be having fun, they all did.

And I wanted nothing more than to leave.

A grimace stretched across my face as Elliot sank down into the seat beside me and placed a hand on my thigh. "This sucks."

"Aww." I hummed with a mocking pout on my face. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll score soon!"

A scoff fell from his lips as he turned to glare at me. "You sure have a lot of attitude. What else can that pretty mouth do?" He whispered whilst slowly moving his hand higher, making murderous rage boil in my chest.

"It will make your life a living hell. Now, take your sweaty hand off my thigh before I cut it off along with your balls."

I couldn't deal with his shit anymore, in fact, I couldn't be around anyone. The past couple of days had been hell, and I needed an out. I needed to get out.

"Well." I said whilst jumping out of my seat. "This was fun but I'm leaving. I've already won and I don't want to continue to play because it will only hurt your ego's. So, play another game and enjoy the rest of your night."

"Do you even have a ride? Do you want a ride, sweetheart?"

Elliot purred, bringing a smirk to my lips.

"Go fuck yourself." I shot back before spinning on my heel and stormed out.

'✧∘* ˚.

One year ago...

Aires pov...

Crashing the ball had been- something.

Whilst I couldn't deny its beauty, I was reluctant to enjoy the night- nothing that beautiful could be so pure.

"Aires." Sage whined with a smile.

"I'm happy." I shot back, a smile on my lips. "Honestly."

"Good." Sage whispered before crashing her lips onto mine, her hands tangling in my hair.

A smirk ghosted my lips as we pulled back, resting our foreheads against each other. We had danced for hours, sipped on champagne, I had laughed more in a couple of hours then I had in years.

And the reason why had only just dawned on me- Sage.

Out of the corner of my eyes, a familiar face caught my gaze, sendinging a sickening sensation of pure panic and dread shooting through my body.

No. No. No. No. No.

"Aires?" Sage whispered, feeling my body tense in her arms.

"Oh my god." I choked out with a weak shake of my head. "We have to get out of here." I muttered before snatching Sages hand and dragging her through the room.

Quickly, I tugged her up the stairs, desperate to get as far away from them as possible so that I could call my sister for help. I couldn't get out without being caught- without them seeing me.

And I needed to get out.

"Aires, what's going on?" Sage demanded as I pulled her into an empty room.

.

"They're here!" I hissed with wide eyes.

Suddenly, the memories flooded my mind, Eichen house, the meetings, the ancestors. Me, Laura and Derek had run from New Orleans because of them, we had cleared and returned to Beacon Hills because of them- to get me away from them.

And there they were, in New Orleans.

"Aires, talk to me."

"They are here, Sage."

I watched as the colour drained from her face, as she realised who I was talking about. "No, no they can't be."

"I sawn them!" I shot back.

"We- we can't be here. My mother died because of them- I- I. We can't be here. Oh my god, Aires..." She whispered as silent tears stained her cheeks. "You can't be here. They will kill you."

Quickly, I ran my fingers through my hair as I paced around the room, frantically running through my options. Only to realise, I didn't have any.

I wasn't going to get away from them.

It would forever be a lifetime of running from them.

The coven had tried to kill me in New Orleans, and it had taken Klaus slaughtering hundreds of them for me to barely get out. They wanted me dead, they claimed I was dangerous- a monster.

And I was standing in the same building as them.

"Well, if it isn't the daughter of the traitor and the little devil." An icy voice suddenly mumbled, sending shivers down my spine. "What a great team you two make."

Slowly, I turned to see the leader of my old coven grinning at me. I wasn't going to make it out alive- the look in her eyes confirmed it.

"Have you finally made your choice, Sage?" She suddenly asked.

"What is she on about?" I whispered before glancing at the girl, but she refused to meet my eyes.

She wouldn't even look at me.

"You said you would give me more time." Sage whispered whilst slowly shaking her head.

"Well, it's been seven years since you were given the choice. You ran, Sage. But we found you. We found you and now, you have to make your choice. You don't have to accept, your twin didn't. But then again I suppose it wasn't part of her legacy, she was never as special as you."

"What is she talking about?" I demanded.

Faye had died, she was murdered by the coven along with Sage's mother, though I didn't know why. Sage had never told me.

And standing there, watching Sage and the covens exchange- I knew something bigger was happening.

"I'm not doing it here." Sage shot back whilst furiously shaking her head.

"Doing what? Sage?" I screamed with wide eyes.

"You don't have a choice, you do it here or you decline the offer. It's that simple. You join or you die. Make your choice."

We could take them, I was sure of it. There were three of them and two of us, and whilst they were adults, fully in control of their magic- we were not in control of ours, and that made us dangerous.

"Sage." I snapped, forcing the girl to look at me.

The second her eyes locked onto mine, I nodded, saying with our eyes what we couldn't say out loud. I knew she knew that we could take them, she knew it too. We could win, and yet she ripped her eyes off of mine, sending a spiral of dread plummeting through me.

"You know what you have to do, Sage. Do it."

"Sage?" I whispered in a trembling whisper, watching as the girl turned to me with guilty tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Aires."

"Sage-"

"I don't have a choice, Aires. I'm sorry."

I was paralysed from her betrayal, so much that I didn't know what was happening until I was on the floor, gasping for air. Ear piercing scream ripped from my lips as I frantically thrashed aout, clutching onto my agonisingly ringing head.

She was killing me.

Her magic was ripping about my body, tearing apart my soul and shattering my mind. A choking gasp fell from my lips as my eyes slowly fluttered closed. I could feel the blood tears slipping down my cheeks, staining my skin crimson red. I could feel the weak beat of my heart slowing with every second that passed.

I was barely awake, barely alive, barely breathing. Suddenly, cold fingers brushed against the skin of my neck, though I had no energy to recoil, no energy to fight their touch. I was barely hanging on.

"I can't find a pulse." A voice muttered.

"Are you sure?"

"Can't find one. If there is one it's so weak that she will be dead in minutes."

"Good."

What the hell had Sage done?

"This coven is your destiny, it's your legacy. You will lead us to greatness. You, Sage, are our hope. And you killing the girl solidified it. You are now the leader of the coven."

"Thank you." Sage muttered, shattering the last of my shredded heart. "It is an honour."

'✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

"You're here." Sage muttered.

"I need to know why you did it." I demanded whilst standing in the girls doorway. "I need to know why you did what you did that night, why you tried to kill me."

"Aires-"

"Do you know what happened after you left? Laura found me. She tracked me and when she found me I was barely alive. She took me to the hospital where my heart stopped four times before it finally started to work again."

"But you pulled through."

A scoff fell from my lips as I narrowed my eyes on the girl. "Are you fucking serious?" I snapped whilst storming over to her.

"I knew you would pull through." She shot back with a scowl. "I knew you would pull through because I made sure to inflict enough pain on you with my magic that it would almost kill you but wouldn't actually kill you-"

"Why? Why did you do it? Why did you join the coven? Are you still a part of it now, is that why your here-"

"I left- I left months ago, Aires. I barely got out."

"Please." I scoffed with a roll of my eyes. "You wanted to join them-"

"I had no choice." She hissed through clenched teeth.

"Oh really? God your pathetic-"

"I DID IT FOR YOU. I JOINED FOR YOU."

A mocking laugh fell from my lips as I slowly shook my head. "Your a fucking liar, Sage."

"THAT NIGHT IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST REGRETS. BUT I HAD TO DO IT, I HAD TO BETRAY YOU. I DID IT FOR YOU-"

"THE FUCK YOU DID SAGE-"

"I DID, AIRES. I DID IT FOR YOU. THEY THREATENED YOU, THEY SENT ME A LETTER MONTHS BEFORE- RIGHT AFTER NEW ORLEANS. THEY SENT ME A LETTER SAYING THEY HAD FOUND ME IN CALIFORNIA, SAYING THAT I HAD TO MAKE MY CHOICE."

"WHAT CHOICE?"

"THE MY SISTER SAID NO TO. JOIN THE COVEN, OR DIE. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT. BEFORE MY MOTHER DIED SHE MADE ME PROMISE HER SOMETHING, SHE MADE US PROMISE THAT WE WOULD PROTECT THEM FROM YOU, SHE KNEW YOU WEREN'T A NORMAL WITCH. SHE KNEW THE COVEN WERE AFRAID OF YOU, SHE KNEW YOUR FATEMY MOTHER BETRAYED THEM FOR YOU, TO KEEP YOU SAFE. THEY WANTED YOU DEAD AND SHE SAVED YOUR ASS. SHE SACRIFICED HERSELF SO THAT YOU COULD BE SAFE."

"Why would she do that?" I demanded in a whisper. "Why would she sacrifice herself for me?"

"You're special, Aires. Haven't you realised that?"

I knew I was different, that there was something about me that terrified everyone around me. Though I didn't know what it was, I knew it was there.

"What is it? What makes me so special?" I asked in a whisper.

"I can't answer that, Aires." Sage muttered, bringing a scowl to my face. "You have to find out yourself-"

"Why did you try to kill me that night?"

"Because that was part of what would seal the deal, I could join the coven- be their leader,  but I would have to kill you. I had to join them, Aires. I had to do it to protect you, so that I could keep you safe. So that the second they found out you were alive I could get ahead of them, I needed to be ten steps ahead of them. They found you in New York, that's why I moved to New York. I knew where you were because they told me where you were in the letter. Everything I did, I did to protect you. I made a promise to my mother and I had to keep it."

Everyone was always trying to protect me, and I didnt know why. Sage's mother gave up her life to get me out of the coven after Eichen House, Sage joined the coven to give me my freedom.

I couldn't understand why.

"They know I'm alive?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"Yes." Sage whispered with a sigh. "They know you're alive."

Why everyone was trying to protect me- they knew something about myself that I didn't know, and they refused to tell me.

With a shake of my head, I spun on my heel and stormed out of her room, needing to escape it all.

'✧∘* ˚.

Ahhhh I hope you guys liked this chapter!!!! Aires and Sage's backstory is so cute but tragic, anyways i love my haylor babies (their ship name bcs i ship them so much!) Anyways, let me know what characters you want to see more. I'm gonna add in a lot more of Isaac and Derek and maybe Scott!!! Love you all xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 549 31
After Ian texts Anthony saying he loves him by accident will it be the same? What will happen between them two? Will Anthony love Ian? Or will smosh...
47.2K 2.1K 26
"love at first sight" the four words heard often in films and sometimes in real life. it's a beautiful statement to say and hear. But in their case...
28.9K 3.4K 45
Max and Lizzie have made it to the safe haven, but at what cost? Their friends are scattered across the city, alone and scared, at the mercy of the u...
147K 3.6K 29
Danny is now the prince of the Ghost Zone, turn king when he is eighteen. White will be the next king of the siren when he is eighteen. They work har...