Phobia

By Ashes_and_Red

Introducing you to the land of the lawless... What would happen if murderers never got caught? If people gave... More

1. An Artistic Masterpiece
2. Everything was perfect
3. The One That Got Away
4. The Salvation
5. The Plaque Of Greed
6. Tears For Glassy Eyes
7. The Dark Truth
The Dark Truth - Part 2
The Dark Truth - Part 3
8. When Two Paths Cross
9. The Peep - Hole
11. The Vibrant Hues of Emotions
12. Saturday Night
Author's Note
13. A Deal With The Devil
14. Twisted Minds
15. The Road To Success
16. Beautiful Optimism
17. The Homecoming
18. The Unsolved Question
19. Match Made In Hell
20. The Shadow
21. Dear Paris
22. Souvenir
23. The Missing Phone
24. Lily's Friends
25. Blue
26. A Tale of Two Cities
27. The Beyond
28. The Book
29. Ordinary Everyday Anecdotes
30. The Water Bottle
31. Case Number 126
1K!
32. Good Parenting
33. Terry
34. Lights Out
35. The Hole in The Ground
36. Till The End
Author's note
37. The End of The World
Author's Note
38. Bliss
39. Twelve People
40. Collateral
41. The Tunnel
42. Tyranny
43. His Mistress
44. Third Eye
Author's Note
Author's note
Bonus - Failure

10. Fatherly Love

30 3 1
By Ashes_and_Red

My role model was my father. He was the only family I had, and he was brilliant. He was the silver band, and he treated me like the diamond engraved in it. Caring, selfless and kind - that was my dad.

I remembered how much fun we always had, roaming around the neighborhood eating ice - cream. His hands were full of cuts, rough as he handed me my cone. He always smelled of soap. The smell was overwhelming, like he washed his hands several times a day. He always was so good to me. I loved him. His jokes were so funny, and when he went out to work, he always came back with a gift for me. Sometimes a marble, sometimes a music box. It was always something or the other. His work was quite a mystery to me. I was a child after all, and small children don't know much about their parents' occupations. All I knew was that once a month, he went out and came back in the evening, smelling weird. I remember thinking it was the smell of smoke. He never had any cigarettes with him though. He always forbade me from entering his room. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. He probably didn't want me to mess with his things.

One day, being an inquisitive child, I had decided to explore the house. I was done looking around everywhere other than his room. Giving in to the temptation, I opened Pandora's box and stepped inside his room. The first thing I saw was crimson.

Dried up shades of maroon splattered all over the room like coffee stains on the kitchen counter. And the smell. Oh god, I still remember that awful smell - it was putrid and dense. That was all I saw before my dad's looming figure was in the doorway. "I told you not to look in here." His voice was cold as I looked down, terrified if this version of him. "Forget everything you saw today. And don't even dare to tell anyone about this." I shuddered and nodded. His gaze was as chilly as the snow on the mountains. In that moment, I didn't know my father anymore. Even then, I knew that my dad was doing something wrong. For the first time, I found myself wondering.

That night... that I thought was a dream, where mom was bleeding so much... what if dad... did that too?

Now I can safely tell everyone - my dad, my role model, was a psychopath. He loved his daughter, but he murdered people for money. He killed his wife. I was lucky he didn't try to kill me in fits of rage. So no, I do not feel sad that he's resting in a grave now and I'm giving his funeral speech. If I should feel sad for anyone, it's for the people he killed.

124 people whose lives' worth he tried to give me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
1.9K 318 17
Ruby awards 2020: 2nd place (short story genre) Love they say is sweet, but what if it is not? What if it drags along a pile of sadness for some. Lov...
37.5K 1.2K 16
What's the worst part of this hell? I can only blame myself 'Cause I know you're poison You're feedin' me poison Addicted to this feelin', I can't he...
Angels of the Underworld By

Mystery / Thriller

166 44 23
Vincent was a normal guy. An ordinary student until one day, he killed someone... Things take a dark turn when he discovers the shadows that he talke...