Wolf Bite (Updates Continuing...

By TheWriting_Kitten

What do you do when an oversized wolf shows up in your backyard with injuries that should've killed it long a... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 13

8 0 0
By TheWriting_Kitten

hey guys its Writer Cat 😺

its been a real long time since i updated wolf bite, huh?

ive gotten so much interaction and positive reception on my story, and im happy to say that its finally coming back!

thank you for sticking with me and supporting my writing for so long. enjoy the rest of the story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I throw myself on my bed, groaning into my pillow. This is too much. All this just because I put a few bandaids on Jax?? This isn't fair to me!

What caused the beef between him and that pack, anyway?? Territory? Maybe he pulls more bitches than them?? Why are werewolves so weird?

Actually, a better question would be, "Why are werewolves real?" Really, why are any of those monsters real? Aren't they supposed to be made up??

Wait.

Does that mean that the monster-under-the-bed thing is real, too!?? I peek under my bed, shining my phone light to see better. Nothing. Good.

That'd be awkward.

I turn onto my back and groan. I pull out my phone to text Taylor but get interrupted by a message from a random number.

"It's me, Jax," the text reads. "I got your number and stole Cooper's phone. Are you okay?"

Ew, he texts like an adult. "im fine," I text back to him. "what abt u?"

"What is abt?" He questions. Wow, he truly is inept. Granted, he's been a werewolf living in the woods his entire life. I doubt he'd have any experience with a smartphone. "dont worry about it," I say to him. "are we still going to the woods tonight?"

"Yes", he says. "Are you sure that twelve is a good time?"

"yea its fine," I confirm. He responds with a dry "Okay", which is probably an end to the conversation. I save his number with a wolf emoji next to it and go back to texting Taylor. "heyy, thx for bringing those clothes!" I text her.

"np but why did you need those kinds of clothes" she asks. "you never wear clothes that big".

"i wanted to try something new" I lie. "dont worry i'll wear it a lot. prolly for sleeping".

"that tracks 4 you" she responds, and I chuckle. "is your arm feeling better?" she asks me.

"yeah, a lil bit," I respond. "my parents r prolly gonna lose it"

"why havent you told them abt the mall insident!?" she asks me.

No way she spelled incident wrong like that. Maybe dad was right.

Just a little bit.

"idk. what do u think theyll say when they see it?"

"a lot" she says. "you should rest so that it heals faster". She's right. It'd probably help me feel better about all of this, and it could definitely take my mind off of this entire werewolf situation. "ur right. love u, ttyl" I respond. She sends me the same thing, and I close the chat. I lay my head down on my pillow. I close my eyes and sigh, finally getting a chance to go to sleep.

-------------------------------

I wake up under a blanket that I don't remember putting on. I sit up and stretch before checking my phone for the time. It's 5:09. A text from my mom reads that they'll be home in an hour. That's a nice amount of time to myself. I get up and see a vial of weird yellow liquid sitting on my desk with a note next to it.

The note reads, "This is a healing potion for your arm and ankle. It isn't perfect, but it'll make you better,". It's signed by Jax. I wonder how he got his hands on it. I grab it and open the top with my teeth. I take a sniff of it. It doesn't have any kind of smell, so there's no reason to not drink it.

I mean, besides the fact that I'm not sure it'll work right. Granted, if Jax got it then it's probably safe.

Most likely.

Welp, here goes... something? I tilt my head back and pour the potion into my mouth, swallowing it before it can hit my tongue. No need to risk a nasty taste.

I open my eyes and look down. Then up again.

No frog legs. That's a good sign.

My ankle starts to feel better. Putting weight on it doesn't hurt anymore, so I won't have to limp around. My arm begins healing as well, so I take off the sling and move it around. There's no pain, not even a tingling feeling. The potion worked! Phew! Now I won't have to hide it from mom and dad.

I put the sling in my closet for safekeeping and head downstairs to make sure that there's nothing that I have to cover up. Everything down here seems okay. I plop down on the couch and pull my phone out, opening my messages with Jax. "thx for the healing potion," I text him. He doesn't respond or even look at the message. Maybe he's busy?

I peek my head out the back door, looking to see if Jax or any other wolves are outside. I can't see any. My phone suddenly buzzes in my pocket. It's a response text from Jax. "You're welcome," it reads.

"where are you? my parents will be home soon. you gotta stay outta sight," I reply.

Ew, it feels like I'm texting my secret boyfriend.

"I'm in the woods. I can see you from where I am," Jax texts back. I look through my backdoor again, but I still can't see Jax. Something about knowing that I'm being watched is both creepy and comforting. On one hand, I'm being guarded by a powerful, inhuman being. On the other hand, I'm constantly being watched by a powerful, inhuman being.

"You probably shouldn't stand in front of the back door like that," Jax texts. "You're easy to spot. It puts you in danger."

I back away from the door, taking note of his tip. "That's better," Jax texts.

A message comes in from my mother. She and dad have gotten out of work early. They're on the way now. "sounds good," I text. I return to my conversation with Jax and send him, "my parents are coming. ill text you at 11:45. thats when we'll leave."

"Okay," he says, and I close the Messages app on that note. I take a deep breath. A bead of dramatic sweat slides down my forehead as I think about what I'm gonna do later tonight. It's entirely possible that everything goes wrong and I won't be able to get the talisman. The werewolves could show up and hunt me! What if some monster finds out that I'm a human?

So much could go wrong, but according to Jax, this is a risk I need to take. I won't be safe if I don't.

I groan and put my hands over my face. This is sooooo stupid! Monsters, werewolves, running for my life! This is NOT what I signed up for when I woke up today. And it's all because I just HAD to put some bandages on Jax.

How stupid is that...

-------------------------------

"Good night, sweetie," my mom says as I walk to the stairs.

"G'night ma, night dad!" I say. I head upstairs as fast as I can, going two steps at a time. Once I'm in my room, I put my phone on the charger and pull out an outfit for tonight. Black leather jacket, dark denim jeans, black shirt, a lot of dark colors. It'll help me blend in with the sky. Probably. I get dressed and pull a beanie over my jet-black hair. I add some black lipstick, too. Just for style.

I look at myself in the mirror. I'm as ready as I can get.

It's 11:39. Just a few more minutes before it's time to leave. Before I go, I take some extra precautions to make sure my parents don't suspect anything. I play my sleep playlist and turn up the volume so that they can hear the music. I roll up a towel and put it against the door as well. For the finishing touch, I set up some of my extra pillows under my blanket, doing my best to correctly mimic the shape of my body.

Taking a step back from my masterpiece, I make sure that everything looks perfectly foolproof.

I look at my clock. 11:43. It's time to get everything set into motion.

Jax texts me, "Come on. I'm outside,". I flip my light off and open my window, carefully climbing out and closing it before looking down. I can see Jax standing below me, waving his hands in a "jump down" kinda motion. I take a deep breath and reluctantly let go of the window, dropping down into Jax's arms. He sets me down gently and asks, "You're ready, right?" I nod.

"Here, put this on," he says, taking off his jacket. He drapes it over my shoulders. The musty wolf scent floats into my nose, and I almost gag. "Still not used to that stench," I groan.

"Sorry, but we have to hide your scent," Jax says. I nod, and he leads me into the woods. "Stay close. Some monsters like to wander past the border of the city. They might question you if you aren't with me."

"Noted," I say. We walk through the dark woods, the cold air beating against my face. Thankfully, Jax and my jackets are working well to keep me warm. I look over to Jax, who's looking around the woods cautiously. He looks focused, determined. His gaze makes me feel safe as long as I'm by his side.

It could just be the big muscles, though. I can't really tell.

After a few more minutes of walking through the woods, Jax and I come to a halt. "What is it?' I ask him.

"We're here. It's just past this creek," Jax says. "Are you SURE you're ready to be surrounded by a bunch of monsters?" I take a deep breath, preparing myself for whatever the hell I might see past this creek. "I'm as ready as I can be, dude. Let's get this over with," I say, pushing down any fear that I might have.

Jax nods and leads me past the creek. We approach a bright red gate that leads to somewhere that's covered in bright lights and bustling with noise. "This is it," Jax says, walking me past the ghosts that float through the gate. "Welcome to the City of Monsters."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 244 26
"Grandmother, what big ears you have." Chuckling at my own joke, I looked down at the wolf when I felt his tail tapping on my wrist and was met wi...
113K 3.8K 12
Olivia has had a hard life her mom and dad were killed and her brother beats her what happens when an alpha comes to town and kidnaps her and treats...
2.2M 9.8K 7
Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no such thing as mates. Wolves are animals...
37.2K 718 13
after the town was infiltrated by lycans you decided to stay in a cabin in the woods how ever in the middle of the night you find that someone was th...