Chapter 11

"What? What's wrong? Is something off?" I ask him. He nods.

"There's a werewolf on the other side of that door." He says, sniffing the air. "It smells like an omega.. but it could be a trick." He gets up and pulls me into the kitchen, handing me a knife. "Hold onto this. I'll go check it out." He says as the doorbell rings again.

He leaves the kitchen and I peek my head around the corner, watching him look through the peephole. He opens the door a crack and says something, but I can't hear it. The two start a conversation, and it sounds like Jax is getting aggressive. I hold the handle of the knife tighter as the conversation seems to get more and more heated. Eventually, Jax closes and locks the door, exhaling and walking back towards the kitchen.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"It was just an omega. She said she wanted to 'talk things out', but I'm calling bull--" there's a sudden loud thud that shakes the house. "Someone's on the roof." Jax says.

"WHAT!? Are they really that hellbent on killing me?" I ask him. He looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "It really isn't that serious, it was just a couple of bandages.." I whine.

"We need to leave the house. We can get away fastest if I morph and we go into the woods." Jax says.

"But what about Taylor? She's on her way to drop off your clothes right now!" I say. "If we leave, won't she be in danger?"

"No. The wolves will follow us and leave her alone. She's not apart of this. They have no reason to hurt her." Jax says. Another thud. "We need to go now. Come on." He says. We walk to the back door and he takes off the bath towel before transforming. Unfortunately, I still end up seeing his ass.

Not complaining, though. It's a relatively nice ass.

I climb onto his back and hold onto his fur tightly as he runs into the woods. The wind beats against my face, and I stay low to avoid any stray branches. Suddenly, I hear a loud trampling sound behind us. I look back and see 4 more wolves nearly twice the size of Jax, except for one, who's smaller. "FOUR!!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? I'M ONE GIRL!!" I shout. Jax looks back and growls, speeding up.

The wolves behind us begin to growl and bark, trying to catch up to us. Jax jumps over a creek and lands hard, and I nearly fall off his back. "Be more careful! I'm still up here, y'know!!" I yell. He grunts and speeds up again. Two of the wolves catch up to us and stay right next to Jax, meaning he has nowhere to go. They growl and snap at me, and he just barely manages to keep me away from their large teeth.

They begin closing in on Jax, making it a tighter squeeze for us. He whines and closes his eyes before jumping up, sending us above the trees. While we're in the air, he transforms back into a human, shrinking below me. "AAAAIIIIIEEEE!!!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!???" I yell at him as we begin falling. He crashes into the treetops before transforming back into a werewolf in a puff of jet black fur.

I land directly on his soft mane, which perfectly breaks my fall. I quickly grab a handful of his fur and hold it tightly as he continues running. I look behind us with the other werewolves nowhere to be seen. "Okay, that was pretty smart!" I say. "But also scary as shit!! Don't do that again without some type of warning!!" I yell, lightly hitting his back.

Jax whines, which I assume is an apology. I grumble and scratch his ear, making his giant tail wag. We continue running for another two minutes before he finally comes to a stop. He sits us behind a large tree and lays down. I climb off his back, and he looks at me before sniffing my cast. He whines and looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Are you asking if I'm okay?" I ask him, and he nods. "Yeah, I'm alright." A bunch of cold wind blows on us, and even my jacket isn't enough to keep me warm. "I'm pretty cold." He curls himself up, pulling his tail near his head. He points his nose to the middle of his body where there's space for me to sit. "Are you telling me to sit there or something?" I ask him. He nods again, and I sit down. I'm getting the hang of this charades thing.

"Why don't you just transform back to talk?" I ask him. He whimpers, and I remember he's nude. "That's right. I forgot.." I say. I feel my phone go off in my pocket. I pull it out and check it, seeing its a text from Taylor. where r u, girl? im at ur door.

busy rn, just wait outside, I respond with a blue heart. "When can we head back?" I ask Jax. He sniffs the air and whimpers. "Guess it'll be a while." I say to myself. "Taylor is in my driveway. Are you sure she'll be okay?" I ask him. He nods and blows air from his nose. I get more comfortable, and the heat from his body calms me down.

" 'Its cold outside' my ass. You know full well you wouldn't be cold out here." I say to Jax. "How long do you think we'll be out here?" I ask him. He sniffs the air and uses his sharp claw to draw a weird-looking '30-40' in the ground. I groan and he whines, putting his paw back under his head. "This is ridiculous. Are all werewolves as petty as them?" I ask him. He nods. "Wow. At least you're honest."

We suddenly hear a loud howl. Jax perks up, and his ears quickly turn in the direction the howl came from. There's another loud howl, this time sounding closer. Jax points his head up and howls back, making me panic. I jump up and climb his neck, putting my hand on his muzzle. I try to push his jaw closed, but I can't. Its too strong.

He finishes his howl and looks at me. "What the actual hell are you doing!? You're gonna lead them to me!" I shout. He howls again, and I hear wolf steps start to get closer. "Stop, stop, stop!!" I whisper-shout. The wolves get closer, so I hop over him and hide behind his body. Will they be able to smell me if I'm back here? N-No, right? I start to sweat as I hear the other, much bigger wolves get closer.

Jax stands up, so I hide behind his leg and listen as the enemy wolves find the two of us. Peeking my head around his leg just a bit, I see the largest wolf quietly bark at Jax. He responds with the same kind of quiet bark and moves to the side, revealing me. I stand still, paralyzed by the sight of the four giant wolves who look at me with bloodlust.

Jax stands over me, most likely to protect me. The werewolves continue with their weird werewolf conversation as I watch, confused and worried about what they're talking about, and how it involves me. After a few minutes, the group of wolves turn around and walk in the direction we all came from.

Jax lays on his stomach and invites me to climb onto his back. I get on, and he begins to follow the other werewolves. "What the hell is going on? Am I safe now?" I ask him. He shakes his head, and it makes me anxious. I pull out my phone and text Taylor, saying, leave the clothes on the doornob. if they get stolen or smth i'll make sure to pay u back.

It takes a while for her to respond, but she texts back yea alr dani. i'll need like $40 if u do.

fine w me I reply, turning my phone off. "Hey Jax. There should be some clothes on the front door when we get back. Go grab those. I don't wanna see your ass again." I say to him. He looks back at me, concerned, and I say "Yeah, I saw it! And if you ask me, it isn't that good!" He looks forward and his ears fold back, like he's upset. "Do some more squats, wolf-boy." I say as we slowly follow the other wolves.

Eventually, we return to my backyard, where the other four wolves transform into their human forms. One of them is a female, and is noticably smaller than the others.

Also they're all butt-ass naked.

I look down and cover my eyes, climbing off of Jax before he transforms, too. "You, girl," One of the enemy wolves say. His voice is extremely deep, and unlike Jax, makes me shakey. "Y-Yes?" I respond, refusing to look up.

"We're going to make a deal," He starts. "And it'll determine whether you live or die."