Erebor, Lonely Mountain

De treasureoftreasures

LOTR and The Hobbit oneshots that i compiled to read. Will be deleted too. The writers and authors are menti... Mai multe

1. Thorin | Follow You
2. Thranduil | Saturn
3. Haldir | Anomaly
4. Legolas | Rain
5. Bilbo | My Imaginings
6. Fili | Dancing Away With My Heart I
8. Fili | Dancing Away With My Heart III
9. Fili | Dancing Away With My Heart IV
10. Haldir | Welcome Home
11. Thorin | Tick Tock (Modern) I
12. Thorin | Tick Tock (Modern) II
13. Thranduil | You Tell Him
14. Thorin | BBQ Madness
15. Legolas | Ladies
16. Thranduil | Empty (Superhero AU) I
17. Thranduil | Empty (Superhero AU) II
18. Thranduil | Empty (Superhero AU) III
19. Thorin | Doppelganger
20. Dwalin | No Secrets
21. Thorin | Oliphant
22. Fili & Kili | Five
23. Legolas | Spoons
24. Thranduil | Muffin Empire (Modern)
25. Thorin | No Escape (Modern)
26. Samwise | Since Yuletide
27. Kili | Amralime
28. Fili | Proposal
29. Thranduil | Unending Tease (Modern)
30. Thorin | It's the Beard
31. Dwalin | Dare or Dare
32. Kili | Fallen Durins
33. Thorin | Bunny (Modern)
34. Thranduil | Library
35. Fili | Bairn
36. Thranduil | Indifference I
37. Thranduil | Indifference II
38. Thorin | Boots and Stones
39. Thorin | Wanted and Admired
40. Thranduil | Begin Again
41. Legolas | One Step Closer
42. Elrond | You got hurt
43. Haldir | Protective
44. Fili & Thorin | Sculptor I
45. Fili & Thorin | Sculptor II
46. Thranduil | The Gift
47. Elrond | Selfish Hearts
48. Lindir | Be My Mistake
49. Kili | Waterfalls of Old
50. Haldir | Runaway Love

7. Fili | Dancing Away With My Heart II

60 0 0
De treasureoftreasures

Tumblr : the-butterfly-blues

Part Two Pairing: Fíli x Female Reader 

 Summary: New to town, her home isn't all that she was promised, but when an older woman appears at her door inviting her over for dinner, she becomes less worried about her home and more so with the golden-haired ranch handler. 

 Word Count: 2.7k

***

After Dís took her leave, [Name] focused on unloading the boxes from the back of her truck, placing them under the protection of the roof in case of any possible autumn showers, though the sky is still clear of clouds. Luckily, it didn't take as long as she thought it was going to, giving her time to head into town before having to get ready for dinner with that very kind older woman and her family. Making it into town, she parks in front of the general store which had ironically been named The General Store, though she didn't think much about it as there isn't another similar to it in the area, a hardware store and a bar the only other two main buildings around besides a simple gas station and an auto parts shop. After double-checking she has her wallet, she enters the shop, the bell ringing lightly upon opening the door. Considering that the counter sits right next to the entrance, she smiles politely at the sweet-looking young man behind it before continuing to look for a few items that will help her freshen up before the dinner. As she's looking at bathroom products -soap, toothpaste, shampoo, and the likes- someone roughly bumps into her, shoving her against the shelf.

"Hey!"

She shouts without thinking as the few things she was holding fall to the floor along with a couple of items from the shelf. Turning around, she spots two men, one with long golden hair and the other with shoulder-length dark brown, nearly black, hair, already kneeling to pick up her things while spewing apologies left and right.

"We're terribly sorry, miss. We didn't mean to bump into you."

With a small sigh, she smiles lightly as she had been used to being cursed at when bumped into, whether it was her fault or not. This is definitely a nice change of pace for her.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for shouting like that, it was just a quick reaction."

The golden-haired man stands, handing her the items she was originally holding while the other continues to place things back onto the shelf.

"No, no, you had all right to-"

Catching her eyes, Fíli goes silent and swallows harshly as he can't help but admire her beauty. He'd seen many women, but none quite as gorgeous as this. Her hair lays on her shoulders while her face and its expression look incredibly gentle. The way the sun shines through the window doesn't help as it seems to give her an ethereal glow that further leaves him speechless. His eyes flicker down as she softly bites her bottom lip, watching as she tries so hard to not giggle at his adorable star-stricken look, though he wished for nothing more than to hear her laugh.

"Ahem, uh, you had all right to get upset, miss. We should have been more careful." "I'm not hurt, so everything's alright. As much as I'd love to keep talking with you, I have to hurry home." "Oh, see you around then?" "Most definitely."

With one last smile in his direction, she heads to the counter, though his eyes don't stray far from her form until his brother elbows him lightly. Turning to him, he spots the confusion upon his curved brow and a slight frown.

"What was that all about?"

Kíli knows exactly what it had been about, but he had never seen his brother act that way around a woman. Even Fíli is slightly confused by his own actions as his usual charming demeanor faded to near-nothingness as he blatantly admired the woman that stood in front of him.

"I have no idea."

By the time the two arrive home from running errands in town, they come to the conclusion that the woman they had met was the new person in town they'd been hearing about and the person that's to have dinner with them that night. They're proven right as they spot her truck in their driveway. Though they're shocked to see she's about an hour early since they don't have dinner until around seven. Opening the door, they start carrying things in. On their first trip inside, they spot the same woman from the store sitting at the counter, keeping their mother company while she cooks. She flashes them a quick smile and a wave once realizing they're the men she had met earlier that day.

"Boys, this is [Name], our new neighbor. Dear, these are my boys, Fíli and Kíli."

Despite her only wearing a simple blouse and jeans, Fíli can't help but stare for a moment more than he should have before focusing on his task at hand.

"Is there more that needs to be brought in?"

He can hear the stool that she sits on sliding slightly across the floor, signaling that she plans to get up.

"There is, but we've got it, miss." "Yeah, all that's left is the heavy stuff." "Please, let me help? It's the least I can do for your mother inviting me over." "You don't have to do anything if you really don't want to, dear. Your company is payment enough."

Dís truly meant it, wholeheartedly enjoying her company and grateful she isn't another conceited, immodest, or arrogant city-woman. Waving off the older woman with a smile on her lips, to show she doesn't mean it rudely, she follows the boys back out to their truck.

"Really, miss, we can take care of it. Wouldn't want you to strain yourself with any of this."

The brunet slightly snickers at his own comment, suspecting that she won't be able to pick up any of the fifty-pound bags of feed.

"Strain myself? Please. I used to carry about ninety pounds daily. This is nothing."

She proves her words by easily picking up a bag, using her shoulder to help hold the weight causing Fíli's eyes to widen slightly at the sight. Not only is she the most gorgeous thing he had ever seen, but she's strong too and he can't help but admit in his head how sexy it is. While he's once again busy staring, his brother points her to a nearby shed where they store the animal's food. At this moment, their uncle rounds the corner, pausing in his stride at the sight of the woman helping his nephews.

"You boys couldn't do it yourself so you had to ask a woman for help?"

Fíli and Kíli glance worriedly at one another, hoping that their uncle's comment wouldn't sound rude or offensive to her as they don't yet know her kind of humor. When her laugh rings through the air, relief washes over them, especially Fíli as his chest tightens slightly. To him, her laugh doesn't just sound like a laugh, it sounds like bells gently swaying in a midsummer's breeze.

"I'm sure they could've done it themselves, but since I'm here, why not lend a hand?" "We appreciate that. Just don't go straining yourself, little lady."

With another laugh, she tells him exactly what she had told Kíli earlier, slightly shocking the older man, though he can't help but smile. Usually, when Dís would invite newcomers over for dinner, all they would do is talk about themselves, never did one offer to help, not the men, and especially not the women, though he never really expected them to.

"You must be Thorin, Dís' brother. I'm [Name] if she hasn't already told you." "She has. She's been talking about you since she got back from town." "All good things, I hope!"

The two continue chatting even as they all head back inside, the smile never falling from Fíli's face as he witnesses her get along with his uncle. [Name] retakes her seat at the counter, Thorin choosing to sit on the stool beside her. When Dís turns around to see her brother with a small smile, happily talking about some of the things he does on the farm, she pauses, truly shocked by what she's witnessing. Whenever she would invite someone new over, he would sit as far away from them as he could, drinking a beer while only ever sparing them a glance or two.

"Well, I see you two are getting along." "Oh, absolutely! Thorin was just telling me about which crops he plans on growing next year." "And you're not bored?"

Kíli questions innocently as even he got bored with his uncle's agricultural talk sometimes.

"Not at all. I enjoy listening to others talk about what they're interested in."

Once dinner is finished and Thorin has spoken about his crops, they sit around the table and begin asking her some common questions.

"So, where are you from, dear?" "Ah, I'm from a city about seventy-two hours southeast from here." "Three days? Geez, that must've been one hell of a drive." "Honestly, the drive wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The worst part about the whole trip was the fast food. Speaking of food, this is delicious."

Smiling at the compliment, Dís waves her off while continuing to eat. She's used to compliments from her boys, but getting one from someone entirely new is very nice to hear and reassures her that her sons aren't just complimenting her cooking to get on her good side.

"Are you from one of those big cities that way?" "Technically, yes. I grew up in the city with my- Could I be excused? I was supposed to call my brother when I got to the house, but I got sidetracked with.. well, you know." "Of course, dear! Go call him, he must be worried sick."

With a hurried thank you, she quickly makes her way to the porch, phone in hand and already ringing before she steps out the door. This gives the family a moment to talk amongst themselves as she takes care of her business.

"She really is something else."

Fíli comments, his eyes still glued on the doorway along with Kíli's.

"She is. Which is why you boys will be helping her soon."

Never had Dís offered help to a newcomer, but this one is obviously different. She's polite, kind, helpful, and even has table manners -mainly not using her phone at the table. Though her words had been directed towards her sons, Thorin still looks to her with a raised brow, wondering what she could possibly need help with.

"What does she need help with, amad?" "Well, you remember that last group of boys that old man tried to rent to before he passed away?" "Yeah, how could we forget?"

Those boys had wreaked havoc upon their town for the short amount of time they were here, starting fights and insulting everyone while leaving messes wherever they went.

"They took everything from that house. Poor thing wasn't even left with a kitchen sink."

The three stare at her in shock, their brows furrowed as they frown, wondering how anyone could do something like that. They had been raised to be respectful, to give and give back when they could, to treat others the way they wished to be treated.

"Alright. Sorry about that, it's all taken care of now. He knows I'm here and he wanted me to thank you, for him, for inviting me over."

Spotting the shocked and worried looks on their faces, she freezes in the doorway, not knowing what to do.

"They really left you without a sink?"

Her face heats up in embarrassment at Kíli's blatant questioning. Fíli whacks his brother's head while telling him to be more considerate, earning her a mumbled apology and Fíli a glare. Retaking her seat, she nods lightly to answer his question before she finds her voice again, knowing that there was nothing she should be embarrassed about. It's something that was out of her control, but luckily something she could fix.

"They did, but it's nothing I can't take care of." "We can help you if you'd like." "Your help would be very much appreciated, Fíli. I may be able to carry a bag of feed on my own, but a fridge is a different story."

After she shares with them her plan of taking the next two days to measure everything and tear down the already peeling wallpaper before going to the city to pick up the furniture, appliances, and paint she needs, they continue eating with lighthearted conversations. Even with the partial embarrassment she felt, the dinner goes wonderfully and she makes quick friends with the whole family as they all talk as if they'd known her for years. Time passes by quickly while they talk, joke, and laugh in the living room until [Name] stifles a yawn.

"As much as I hate to see you leave, you best be getting back home, dear." "I really should. Thank you very much for having me over." "No need to thank us, little lady. You're welcome here anytime."

Fíli watches closely as she stands, everyone following suit as she gets ready to leave. The nickname their uncle had already given her fits perfectly as she stands a few inches shorter than his mother, a head shorter than his uncle, and half a foot shorter than himself. He's glad to see she doesn't mind it, nor the 'dear's coming from Dís.

"And by anytime, he means tomorrow night. I better see you back here for dinner again." "Oh, I couldn't-" "You can and you will. Until you've got a working stove and fridge in that house, you better be coming over or we'll bring the food to you." "You better listen to her, [Name]! When amad has her mind made, it's made!"

Kíli slings an arm around her shoulder, squeezing her close to him in what looks to be a very comfortable side hug.

"I'll be over tomorrow night then." "Good. Now go get yourself some rest."

With Dís' final comment, though it leans more to a caring demand, Kíli releases her and Fíli hurriedly offers to walk her out to her truck. Though it's silent between them as they step off the porch, it's one of the most comfortable silences either of them have ever been in. Stopping at the driver's side door, [Name] finally says something.

"You know you've got a bit of a staring problem, right?"

His cheeks immediately flush a bright red as she looks up at him with such a sweet smile. He was hoping that his staring had gone unnoticed as she never seemed to react nor show any signs of catching him in the act. Looking into her eyes, he can't help but admire how they seem to capture the twinkling stars in the night's cloudless sky.

"It's kind of cute."

Before he can say anything, she places a gentle kiss on his cheek causing his ears to burn, though they do so blissfully. He gulps harshly just as he had in the store earlier that day, his mind filled with only thoughts of her and nothing else, though after a few seconds he finally manages to find the words he had been looking for.

"It's difficult not to stare at someone so utterly breathtaking."

Now, it's her turn for her cheeks to turn a vibrant red as her smile grows.

"You're just saying that, aren't you?" "I wouldn't say it if it weren't true."

Staring at one another for a moment longer, [Name] soon turns away and opens the truck door while digging her keys out of her pocket. Fíli leans against the open door, watching as she takes the seat and starts the vehicle.

"Once you're not so busy or if you need a break from working on that house of yours, do you think I could take you out somewhere? Maybe the drive-in theater? They're supposed to be showing some of those classic horror movies for Halloween, if you don't already have plans, that is." "I've never been to a drive-in before.. If things are going steady with the house, I'll gladly go with you, Fíli." "Great, that's great. I'll see you tomorrow night then." "See you tomorrow night."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

63.6K 1.3K 26
They live in Neverland. One is a boy and one is a girl Don't mess with them at all. They aren't your normal teenage silbings They are the Pan Silbi...
6K 124 12
Arabella is a thirteen year old genius, she knows exactly how to deduce people within seconds of meeting them. She also has a talent for escaping the...
69.4K 2.7K 10
"The algae is always greener on the other side." That seems especially true in this twist on Disney's "tail" of the Little Mermaid. Aries would do an...
56.8K 1K 20
Y/n is Captain Hook's daughter and has been living in Storybrooke for a while now. Currently, Emma and Regina are trying to break the trigger for the...