35. Fili | Bairn

Tumblr : blankdblank

Anon asked for a story about a young Elleth not considered an adult yet being fiercly protected by the Dwarves. Got the basics of it, and added a bit of a joking twist on it to lighten it up a bit from what I first imagined for it. Sorry it took so long to gt it out, hope you like it! :D

...

A sharp gasp rang through the Company behind Thorin and the Elf Prince, both cinched in a tight battle of words before their heads turned to the stunned Dwarves knowing full well what word was coming next in Thorin's sentence. In a hushed whisper Balin motioned his hand at you, the web coated Elleth fuming as your hand folded over your eyes rubbing her temple to ease the migraine growing within, "Bairn."

Thorin nodded his head and turned to you as the Elves all spotted your muscles twitching while you lowered and straightened your arms through an attempt at a calming exhale between hushed muttered curses in Quenya triggering a hint of a smirk on the Prince's face when he recognized the scowling Elleth he'd long since missed the annual visits from her. A firm glare fired from the other blonde Prince when he noticed the hint of a rival for his hopefully soon to be intended he inched closer to through Thorin replying, "I am no thief!"

Legolas' eyes met yours as he asked, in clear fluid Quenya, "Is what he says the truth?"

You nodded, replying, "Ya, nearly had to tie it to him for him to even touch it, but the wargs after eased his concerns about its craftsmanship."

A smile eased onto his face as he nodded his head at you saying, "Ada will wish to speak with you. Ecthellion has been quite unsettled in your silence since leaving."

Sighing again you replied as he passed back the sword to the slightly confused Dwarf King triggering the return of all the other weapons from the group right after and led the way, "If he cares to remember it was his Son's shouting curses at me that urged me to leave in the first place."

Fili stepped firmly between you once again forming a barrier between you both gliding his fingers once again over the small chord with tassles at the end of your quiver strapped to your back over your twin blades in his usual habit from his inability to yet claim your hand. Each Dwarf filed behind you both with Thorin in the lead, clinging protectively to his burglar, who seemed to be in a mood close to yours at his insistence that holding hands would in fact be just as adequate an action and far easier for him to walk. Only stirring the King to turn and grip his thighs as Dwalin raised him onto his back deepening his scowl soon buried in the fur collar of the King to muffle his muttered one sided argument the Elves struggled to hold back their chuckles from.

The castle grew before you as your arms crossed at the hushed whisper from Balin urging your eyes to roll at his belief that you should be in the middle of the group to be better protected. A sideways glance came from the Prince until he chuckled at your low utterance of "Not a word."

The crossed leg of the King lowered to the ground leading to his shifting straighter as he called out your name in a more than pleased tone stirring a firmer grip from Fili on the tassle drawing your eye to dart between the pair quickly then bowed your head to the King greeting him in return motioning your hand from your chest to your side as he did the same and smiled.

His expression stirring a curious wave through the Dwarves at the rare sight of him anything past stoic before Thorin stepped forward silently ushering you back again after leaving the still scowling Hobbit beside Dwalin who was struggling to draw him closer to his side only gaining a firm swat on his bare forearm as he stormed over to your side sliding between you and Fili breaking his contact with the small tassle. After a curious glance over the motions of the small creature he glanced back to the scowling King instead.

Once again the quickly building tension between the leaders quickly fizzled at the throat clearing coming from Balin earning another mumble from you, " I swear if you say-."

Balin, "Thorin."

Thorin glanced at you noticing your sharp exhale and expression growing into a scowl matching Bilbo's then turned back to Thranduil stating, "King Thranduil, perhaps we could gain a bit of food for our youngest member."

Under your breath you muttered, "Two more hours..."

Thranduil glanced at you with a smirk at Thorin's stating your name triggering a twitch in your brow before the Elf King to state, "You have escorted my dear friend safely to my borders just in time for her birthday celebration. I would never allow her to suffer the pain of hunger so close to her confirmed adulthood."

His eyes scanned over you as Balin chuckled saying, "Of course she'll always be our little Pebble!"

Your brows dropped as you inhaled and repeated for what you felt was the thousandth time, "I am older than you, all of you."

Bofur swatted his hand at the air before him through a large grin, "Oh it's just a number, we've lived farther into our lives than you have."

Exhaling again you started walking towards a door along the wall as Bilbo joined you with Fili right after trailed by Legolas in his losing battle to control his bubbling laughter, muttering in Elvish, "I'll be in the dungeons."

The guard before you opened the door with a respectful bow of his head as Bofur called out, "Be sure to remember your veggies, and milk, you need them for your growth."

"Two more hours..."

Thorin glanced at the closing door gaining another glare from Bilbo when he said, "Eat your fill! At least three courses!" Losing the rest of his order before hearing Bilbo's clear shout muffling against the door leaving Thorin clueless to his actual response but took Thranduil's smirk and trembling shoulders as a sign for no lessening of his fowl mood just yet.

Thranduil between his chuckles stated in Elvish clearly to you in your mind, "Your room is prepared, dinner is nearly finished, bathe and change. I will not bar your group from the celebration." His eyes scanning over Tauriel trailing after Kili who'd tried and failed to sneak to the door to join his Brother, watching his pitiful slinking path she son corrected under Thranduil's order to guide him to meet you three. As the door was open once more Balin shouted out, "Kili, ensure our Pebble is properly fed!"

As the brunette's lips parted your clear shout sounded once again, "I am 399 years old!! I am well aware of the task of caring for myself!"

Bofur, "Bit cranky with our sudden waking. Needs the full eight hours."

Only gaining another chuckle from the group as Dwalin said, "They grow up so fast!"

His response being a slammed door after a sharp "Ugh!!" in a shrill shout just barely slipping through before the guard shut the door behind Kili and Tauriel.

Glancing down at the ground as he softly chuckled, remembering well the tantrums and comments he himself gained on his pathway to the fourth century marker, clearly naming an Elf as an adult and the troubles that came from the time before and small window of a decade after settling as an adult in the minds of those around the young Elf.

Looking up again he said, "As I said, the Feast of Starlight is tonight, where we combine our annual celebration of the stars as well as the birth of the Elleth born within these walls at its occurrence. You will be led to bathe and change before the meal. The rest we shall discuss tomorrow afternoon once I've called our guest of honor down enough to reclaim her place among you."

Without a word he rose and made his way down the stairs to exit through that same door, only stopping before he passed through it completely to glance back at Thorin saying, "Another thing, I've never seen such a cross Hobbit. I would be vary wary at where I sleep tonight had I made that mistake." Gaining a timid nod in return before they followed after the King at the wave of his hand towards their rooms.