27. Kili | Amralime

Tumblr : blankdblank

Short but sweet - hope you like it.

Anonymous said:

"and slowly....I was forgotten" Kili, on the quest when he first meets Tauriel, his one and falls in love with her, leaving his old fling in the dust.

I send the last "and slowly....you're forgotten" but I want to throw in an additional "and eventually you just move on" from Dwalin or Thorin

*

Seated around the fireplace Kili eyed the dying embers of the once blazing flame he'd formed when he returned home. Tossing away his outer layers carelessly across the surfaces of the families' sitting room claiming his usual seat right before the flames crumpling the celebration card from the wedding he'd just attended. Sitting through the service had proven to be more painful that he'd imagined. Front and center he'd watched the Dam he'd wished to call his vow and seal her union with another feet from him. Locking on a stoic facade the Prince could do nothing but hold in the screams threatening to break loose as his pain intensified.

Months prior she had been his in every sense taking the last of his youthful ignorance with her as the contracts were refused and a fallen Durin was loudly proclaimed as the last of the Dwarves ever allowed to dare lay claim to said Dam. Aching intensely his eyes dropped to the thickly woven rug before him as the heavy boots entering behind him signaled his heart to stab again knowing his Uncles would do their best to aid him in his suffering. Surely he'd known she was not his One but she was his, and he'd hoped to claim her as such, but then a traveling band of merchants arrived in the Blue Mountains and Bonding marks sprouted at an accidental touch stirring the news of the impending union.

Easing into the chair beside Kili, Thorin eyed the dying embers Dwalin fed with another log as Balin fetched some tea. Without a union of his own and no trace of his One either Thorin had been paired and unpaired with a handful of Dams, knowing full well the hopes risen and dashed in the process stirring only the only wisdom he could grant, "eventually... you just move on."

...

Shoved in a cell locked away in a deep dungeon a strange fiery haired Elleth missed the sprouting of vines across her fingertips at her shoving the Prince into his cell. Hours passed as the celebration passed on overhead with a jealous blonde creeping closer to listen in as tales of fire moons and casually walking among the stars were shared before a far more intimate tale was brought up. Mention of an Elf long since banished stirred a tear across the Elleth's cheek at her abandoned state stirring a compassionate retelling of a common pain between them.

"It was just a simple stroll through the markets and this bloke just bumped her. Wouldn't have noticed at all if her Amad hadn't noticed the marks." Lowering his eyes to her mark coated fingertips gently claimed by his thick digits bearing a similar set of markings formed of sparks and balls of lightning coating his right hand wrapping around hers drawing her eyes to them and then back to his deep chocolate eyes with a soft deepening smile realizing who she'd finally found. "It's been years now, she's happy, with pebbles of her own, and slowly...I was forgotten."

...

With promises traded for a brighter future they parted, off to face opposite sides of the same impending battle. Racing through the bloody fields her eyes scanned in search of him as he did the same. Panting and gasping for air their last promise and words traded lingering in their minds with silent prayers for the other's safety as they saw the lives lost and damage brought upon their people. Turning once again her eyes scanned as through the cries and lingering moans of the wounded came a loud cry, a foreign word she knew to mean her. Scanning over the crowds finally her eyes landed on the dark haired Prince staggering up the last flight of crumbling stairs as he scanned for her in return, finding her finally with a soft smile growing on his face, panting as he whispered his name for her once again, "Amrâlimê."