JJ Maybank imagines

By ItsJJsBtch

✨housekeeping✨ ~~ 🤪stupid things have good outcomes all the time ~~ 😡if im the one mediating we've hit rock... More

A/N
kook turned pogue
no pogue on pogue macking
psycho
thats my girl
self inflicted
don't go
staring
shark week
inhaler
bruises
drugged at midsummers
baby
baby (pt. 2)
baby (pt. 3)
baby (pt. 4)
liquor
drunk
haunted
kiss and make up
heartbeat
A/n
commit
practice
car wash
trauma
family
blame
broken promise
A/n
gone
gone (pt. 2)
phone number
sick
surfing
use me
dreamer
what could've been
chasing you
chasing you (pt. 2)
filming uh-oh
hate
interview
knight in cargo shorts
drowning
trust
A/n
panic attack
kitty hawk
mrs. maybank
drunk driving
months go by
months go by (pt. 2)
mrs. badass
long distance
bodyshame
seatbelt
butterflies
surfs up
in sickness and health
best friends to lovers
arguments
missing
missing (pt. 2)
missing (pt. 3)
clean
clean (pt. 2)
i'm with you
dating your sister
dating your sister (pt. 2)
break it up
take it out on me
love, your sis
turbulence
needy
poguelandia
admit it
me and mine
dumbass
when we were young
fire
soccer
surfer boy
i'm sorry
revenge
mine? yours.
i'll protect him
kook party
home
i object
stunt
tubing
no hands
scared to be happy
spa day
see you later
see you later (pt. 2)
lets run away
red carpet
love story
safe place
sweet dreams
ambulance rescue
falling in love
teach me how to love
daddy dearest
my best friend
i'll protect her
i'll protect her (pt. 2)
control
drunk talk

a forever thing

6K 79 37
By ItsJJsBtch

a forever thing: jj gives y/n a promise ring but his surprise doesn't go as planned...
———
i've had a really really bad mental day so writing some fluff is well needed
———
this was requested<3
———

JJ's pov

"I don't know, man, isn't this a bit much?" I asked John B and Pope as we stood in the fancy jewelry store. All the shiny rings staring at me, making me sick to my stomach with anxiousness.

"Dude, I did not spend a week trying to figure out Y/n's ring size for you to back out." John B rubbed my shoulders and I gave Pope a nervous glance, they both knew I wasn't one for lovey dovey stuff, but for Y/n I'd do anything.

"This one is perfect," Pope pointed through the glass case, "You said she likes small rings, right? Not too flashy?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, she has an entire Pinterest board full of jewelry she wants," I stood next to Pope as we inspected the ring, but it wasn't perfect. The ring next to it caught my eye. It was silver with a light pink stone in the middle, "This one."

"Incoming!" John B ran over and pushed us both to the ground and out of confusion I shoved him off of me.

"Dude, what the hell!?" I exclaimed and went to stand up but when I saw Y/n and the girls walking past the jewelry store I fell back to the tile floor, "What do we do?" 

"Guys!" I heard Sarah from outside, "Let stop here! I want a new bracelet."

"Shit." John B scrunched his nose. We all stayed silent when the jewelry store door opened, the bell ringing. There was a display in the middle of the store that we were all hiding behind.

I turned to Pope and mouthed, 'what do we do?' again. If we got caught the surprise would be ruined and I couldn't let that happen. For the past two years I've never been able to successfully surprise Y/n, I needed this one thing to catch her off guard. Just this once.

"This is so cute," I heard Y/n say as she walked around the display case, all of us scooting the opposite way.

"Go for the door in three...two—" I began to whisper.

"Did you guys hear that?" Kie asked, "It sounded like JJ." Soon we were met with the surprised stare of Kie as she stood above us. I held my finger to my lips and begged her to stay quiet.

"Why would JJ be here?" Y/n asked. Good, she's clueless.

"Uh, yeah," Kie looked up and back to my girlfriend, "I think I'm hearing stuff." She then walked to the other side of the display and I saw her drag Y/n and Sarah to another case of jewelry, "I think this one is cute." Behind her back and shooed her hand towards us to tell us to go and we quickly ran out of the store.

"Great, there goes my surprise," I took a deep breath since I was trying my best not to breath in order to stay quiet, "The store closes in twenty minutes."

"I have an idea," John B got out his phone, Pope and I watched over his shoulder as we walked down the sidewalk, "There." He handed me his phone and I skimmed the text.

John B
We need you to be incognito and buy a promise ring for Y/n from JJ. Silver band, light pink stone in the middle, size 6.5. Thanks, pay ya back later <3

"What if she gets the wrong one?" I panicked, "There's, like, five silver rings with pink things!"

"JJ, relax." Pope said, "Kie will know what one to get."

"But what if—"

"Ah, ah!" John B stopped me from walking and placed his hands into my shoulders, "Breathe. Kie's got this. We need to get to Y/n's and set everything up. Does her mom know you're coming?" I began nodding my head.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, texted her earlier," I stuttered my words, still worried the wrong ring would be bought.

I was worrying because out of all the things I've messed up in our relationship, I need this to be perfect. They were small mess ups, but they mattered to me. Like when I took Y/n out to eat not knowing she was allergic to sea food. Or when I took her surfing and she had no idea how to surf. She always shrugged it off and told me it's the thought that counts, but she deserves perfection.

Before I had realized it, we were knocking on the front door of Y/n's house, "JJ!" Her mom exclaimed and pulled me into a hug, then Pope, then John B, "Where's the ring?"

"That's the thing..." Pope trailed off.

Y/n's pov

"My mom is being weird." I said as I looked at the texts. When I left the house earlier she told me dinner would be ready at five but now she's saying seven, "I should go check on her, maybe something is wrong."

"No!" Kie shouted, Sarah and I jumped at the sudden raise of her voice, "No, we haven't, uh, we should get ice cream."

Sarah shrugged, "That sounds good." She continued walking and we followed suit. Something was off, I could feel it. First it was Kie hanging back in the jewelry store telling us she would catch up, now it's her avoiding me going home.

"Kie, I should seriously go check on my mom," I said as we walked. I was worried about the change of schedule, she was strict about her itinerary, rarely ever straying from it, "I have a weird gut feeling."

"Then we'll go with you," Kie checked her phone before sliding it back into her pocket, "I haven't seen Julie in awhile." Her arm linked with mine and soon enough we were all walking in the direction of my house.

JJ's pov

"Mom!?"

I froze when I heard my girlfriends voice. My eyes looked to Pope, then John B, then Y/n's mom. We were all lighting candles in the backyard for the date they helped plan. It would be a candle-lit picnic when it started getting darker, which is why Julie texted Y/n saying dinner would be late.

"This can't be happening," I ran my hands through my hair, "I don't even have the ring, Kie has it!"

"New plan," Pope placed the lit candle onto the ground and pulled John B and I behind some bushes as Julie went inside to greet her daughter, "Regular picnic, no candles." His voice was now hushed.

"The candles are what make it romantic," John B argued and looked up, "jump the fence."

"What?" I asked, "If we jump the fence she's going to see us."

"I can already see you," Y/n's shadow cast onto us as she looked over the bushes, "and hear you, what's going on?"

My stomach dropped, the worry on my face being obvious as I stood up and pulled her into a hug, "Hey, cupcake." With Y/n now facing the other way in my arms I held one hand out to Kie, silently asking her to give me the ring, "How was your day?" I didn't have time to make sure it was the right one as she pulled away from me and I sneakily slid it into my back pocket.

"It was good, now I'm just trying to figure out why the three of you are hiding in my bushes?" She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest.

"We were just playing a game..." John B began trying to think of a reason we were here.

"Hide and seek!" Pope said nervously over my shoulder.

"But, look at that, we've been found!" JB laughed and the pair ran out from the bushes towards the girls.

"We're gonna go. Have fun, lovebirds!" Kiara pulled the guys and a confused Sarah back into the house as they watched from the glass door. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked down into Y/n's eyes, hers still holding confusion.

"We weren't playing hide and seek," I admitted and she snickered.

"I kinda figured that," She paused and turned to look at the candles, "I'm guessing I ruined some type of surprise date? I'm telling you, JJ, you can't surprise—"

"You sure about that?" I slid the small box out of my back pocket and when she turned back around it was open as I held it up for her to see. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was the ring I originally wanted. I'll have to remember to thank Kiara later.

"Oh my gosh," She held her hands over her mouth and gasped, "It's gorgeous!" I grabbed the ring out of the box and slid it into her ring finger, which is where her mom told me they're worn.

"It's a promise ring, a forever thing." I smiled at her as she held the ring into the sunlight, watching as the stone reflected the light in awe, "A promise to love you, protect you, comfort you, and to fight for us, forever. One day I'll be replacing that with an engagement ring."

"I love you," She stepped onto her tip toes and wrapped me in a hug, "so much."

"I love you, too." All the anxiousness was replaced with love as I nuzzled my head into the crook of her neck.

———

This was a bit rushed but I'm anxious as hell today for some reason and it's so bad. Anywho, I hope everyone likes this imagine <3

Also, I didn't reread this for mistakes because I physically cannot sit still long enough to (my fingers literally have to be moving) so I'll come back and edit any errors tomorrow :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 508 48
These are just some Yn x JJ Maybank imagines. If you guys have any suggestions feel free to comment them or message me privately! I have a few other...
399K 2.4K 30
jj maybank one shots!
4.7K 48 17
These are just some one shots. I love one shots because my ADhD brain goes to fast to sit down and write a whole story at one time. Also feel free to...
17.8K 97 21
this is just a little, by little I mean a lot, collection of JJ imagines because let's be real, JJ is the shit and we love him so enjoy😉