The Royal Series : Book 1

بواسطة petra71120

yghjooojihu المزيد

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 29

10 0 0
بواسطة petra71120

"It's never going to be fair when it comes to Victoria and yourself. But that's how it works here. She is married to Arthur, who has a higher precedent than Vincent." We were having tea with Arthur's mom, and Rachel had brought up this very uncomfortable topic. I just sat there quietly and sipped my tea.

"Doesn't that automatically mean that the system is rigged to cause problems between the siblings?" She had a valid question right there.

"Not if their wives don't make a big deal of out it. The boys were trained this way. It's all they know. So, the only way that they'll realise that the system is flawed, is if you mention it."

"And not just this, but I have to take a fertility test? That's barbaric. " Ahh, yes. The fertility test.  It's self explanatory. But when it came to me, Arthur said no. He wasn't going to let me have it. He didn't even want to hear my opinion. He said no for the both of us. At the end of the day, when I saw the problem it was going to cause, I just said fine.

"Those are our rules. And they are what they are. I take an exception to you calling them barbaric." I still said nothing. There was nothing for me to say.

"I feel like I'm back in the 18th century. This is far from what I know to be basic. And Victoria, you're fine with this?"

"Look, I come from a home with almost the same cultures and traditions, so this is normal for me. Plus, it doesn't seem so bad when your husband is there as a support system. Arthur is always there to make the crazy seem normal, and that helps." The rest of the tea was awkward for me. They just kept on going back and forth. I just wanted to go home.

"Babe? Arthur?" I called out for him when I got home, but he wasn't down in the common area. I found him seated in bed when I went upstairs. "Hey you." I went to his side and leaned in for a kiss. He pushed his laptop from his legs and pulled me in. I smiled as I broke the kiss. "Seems like someone missed me."

"Yes...and I can't imagine that tea went well." I shook my head no. "What happened?"

I went ahead to explain everything to him. Every single thing.

"Wow...how many times did you need to refill your tea?" He asked laughing.

"Too many times." I said with laughter too. "You know, it doesn't have to be this difficult. When I said yes to you, I knew it wouldn't be easy. But I was willing to go through it for us. She just has to realise that this isn't America. There are rules to these things."

"But that's the thing, she's not as smart as you are. Look, my grandparents called, and they think that we should just come out and make the engagement announcement."

"What difference does that make?"

"It makes it valid. But, they think we should delay it until after our trip."

"The trip is only supposed to last for two weeks."

"And that's another change in plan."

"Oh God..."

"It's now a tour of the US and Canada."

"Babe..."

"I know." He hugged me tightly. I was not in the mood for all that travelling.

"How long will we be away?"

"A month...at best. They're just stalling until they get Vincent to change his mind."

"And if he doesn't? We just keep on touring the globe to buy more time?"

"No. Then he will ultimately choose between his family...and his girlfriend." That wasn't a choice I would want anyone to make. I couldn't imagine how that would feel.

I settled in after taking a shower and changing. But something was still bugging me.

"Are you rooting for Vincent to choose?" He turned to me with this unreadable look.

"Shouldn't I? He has exhausted every other option."

"No, he hasn't. There's still the option of just letting them be."

"That would be an option if we were a normal family. Their scandals, would automatically become ours. We can't risk that."

"I just think it's hard and mean to ask someone to choose between their family and the person they love." He closed his laptop and pulled me to his side. We were just laying in bed.

"Babe, what do you want me to do? I've tried everything with Vincent. He's stubborn."

"No, he's in love."

"This isn't love."

"It is. What would you have done if your family said no to us?"

"I would've tried my best to change their minds."

"And if they stayed adamant?"

"I would've chosen."

"Who?"

"You." He said it in seconds. "I am loyal to my family. That is my duty to them. But my duty to you beats loyalty. But get this, you are not her. You need to stop comparing yourself with her. My family loves you. And you can clearly see that my family is not the problem here. She is. So, please, just let us stay here in our home, and leave the drama to them."

"You're his brother, you'll always be involved."

"Not anymore. I told my father to keep me out of the meetings. I just want to stay here, with my wife." The truth is that being here, in the spotlight constantly, was a storm. But moments like this, are my calm in the storm.

"I love you."

"Love you too."

My parents were in town, so we invited them over for dinner. It was their first time seeing our place. And I was nervous to say the least.

"Hey, babe, your parents will love it. Our place is beautiful." Arthur said with a smile.

"I know. That's not the problem. You haven't exactly spoken with my parents since the wedding. This could get weird."

"That's not exactly true." Why did he look suspicious?

"How not true?" And then, there was a knock on the door. Arthur smiled and opened it. "Hi mom, hi dad." I said with a smile as I went in for a hug.

"Victoria! We missed you." My mom said as she pulled back and examined me. She smiled broadly and turned to Arthur. "We didn't miss you."

"Mom!"

"What your mother is trying to say is that we didn't miss him because we talk with him every single day." What??? I turned to Arthur with a quizzical look.

"Well, now you know." He turned to my father and smiled broadly. "I see you went with the blue shirt. I told you it would be a good choice." What?!

"And I also watched the match! I told you Manchester City would win." What is happening?! When did my father care for football?

"Lucky game." They stepped away to continue their match argument, and I watched them leave in shock. And the rest of the dinner was also a shocker. They were like the best of friends! If my dad were a female friend of Arthur's, I would be worried.

"You had no idea they were this close?" My mom asked as we walked to the parlour.

"Not a clue. I am happy to see that it's good. But what about you?"

"I love Arthur like a son. But I worry." She stopped us and turned to me.

"About what?"

"The daily duties of the family makes it impossible to actually enjoy time with your spouse. It's always work, and work, and the Press, then more work. It just makes it impossible to stay happy."

"Arthur and I are fine."

"But for how long? You never wanted this life. You didn't want it in Denmark, and you still don't want it here. How long will you lie to yourself that you do?"

"Mom, I'm fine."

"No, you're not."

"Ok, I'm not. But what do you want me to do? Leave my husband?"

"No. I want you to talk to him."

"We talk."

"No, you chat about things. Sit with him, have an actual conversation." She wasn't wrong. I smiled lowly, and we went in to join Arthur and my dad. I sat down next to Arthur, and he noticed the look on my face.

"What happened?" He asked in hushed tones.

"Not now. But we'll talk about it, I promise." There was so much to talk about with my parents. They caught us up on so much.

"Oh, and your uncle and his wife send their love. They miss you, we all do." My dad said.

"I miss them too, so much. And how is my favourite grandfather?"

"He hasn't been the same since the wedding. He just stands on the balcony of his office, sipping whiskey." That sounds like him.

"I always told him not to drink. It's bad for him." I said with a light chuckle.

"I know! I caught him up there the other day, and when I tried to take it from him, he said that I should bring his baby back. He is so down with you gone." My mom added. I missed him. I did. And I should call him more.

We sat there for a while, and then they left. Arthur had stepped away to take a call, and I went out to the balcony. I sat there, holding a cup of tea, lost in thought.

"Ok, talk to me. What has you so hot and bothered?" He sat down next to me and held my hand.

"Nothing..."

"Don't even lie to me." I sighed lowly, then spoke.

"Do you see a world where we end up badly?" He adjusted uncomfortably in the sofa.

"Where is this coming from?"

"It's just that...all this drama with your parents and now, your brother. I'm worried that we may lose sight of us. I don't want that."

"Nobody does. And we are not my parents. Firstly, I don't have a mistress laying around somewhere. Secondly, nobody forced us into anything. We wanted to marry each other, because we love each other. And you are definitely not my mother. She's much more dramatic." I laughed a bit at that last part. He turned to me and stared into my eyes. "We are never going to become them."

"What if this place turns us into them?"

"Then we'll leave this place. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again. The minute you feel like the pressure is too much for you, I'm taking you out of here. I'd rather lose the throne, than lose you."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

262K 8.1K 186
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
105K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
208K 10.6K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...