Silken Moon (On Hold)

De vulturemonem

Katia Brown is a newly turned werewolf. Her parents died in a car crash and Katia is alone. Until she meets a... Mai multe

Chapter 2-Alex Williams
Chapter 3-Weekend With the Williams'
Chapter 4-What the Hell?!
Chapter 5-Lone Wolf
Chapter 6-Absent
Chapter 7-Mates
Chapter 8-Breaking the Rules
Chapter 9-Feverish
Chapter 10-Define 'Real World'
Chapter 11-Ditching is Healthy

Chapter 1-Trinken High

757 4 1
De vulturemonem

Hi there reader! This is an original fiction, but you *might* be able to spot the similarities between this and Twilight. I found myself writing things like 'Rose' instead of 'Samantha'! Enjoy! xX

I writhed in pain. I knew exactly what was happening to me, it was one of the few things I knew from my parents before that fateful night. I was turning. I twisted over and felt the pine cones on the forest floor, and the dropped needles of the many trees. I could hear owls screeching, if I listened past my own deafening screams. I was right to come to a forest, it wouldn't attract attention that way.

Fire raged through my body, and white hot needles were pressed up my spine, spreading out to the rest of my back. My eyes rolled into the back of my head as I felt the jabs of agony coarse through the rest of my being. I lashed out as the feeling overtook all logical thought, my emotions as wild as my actions. I pulled my eyes open, but my vision was blurred, and red spots coated it.

I suddenly realised that my sense of smell had heightened, I could smell better than a dog. I smelt the algae in the river, the deer on the mountain, and the pine trees in the forest were overpowering. Opening my eyes again, the red spots were gone, my vision now sharp, clear and I could see for miles.

The stabbing left my body, cornering in my shoulder. I lashed out, just as the pain left, and I felt a new, familiar pain coarse through my shoulder. As my thoughts returned to normal, I found that I had ripped the muscles in my shoulder. I groaned, and pushed myself onto my back, as the last fiery hatred left my veins, and my transformation was complete.

***

I suppose I should explain what I am. My name is Katia Brown, and I am a werewolf.

When I say werewolf, do you think fury dog? Turns every full moon? Eats animals? Bites humans? Evil, mythical creature? Yeah, so did I when my parents first told me, but it's not true, none of it. It's myth.

Werewolves turn at will from human to wolf and vice versa, they are indeed an enormous fury dog. We eat exactly what humans eat, though I often find myself craving rare-done steak or beef. As for biting humans, peh! We wouldn't touch them, or at least, not most of us. But humans kill each other too don't they? It's just like that.

Werewolves mix with humans constantly, though we are a little different, even in a human form. Our heart rate is much slower, and our senses are far better, as is our stamina, speed and strength. It usually runs in the family, and you turn at age sixteen or seventeen. Family keep you away from prying human eyes as you scream at the burn inside you, because lets face it, if someone saw a teenager writhing in pain, and the parents wouldn't take them to the doctor, you'd have some answering to do.

For me, though, my turning was a little different.

We are not indestructible, we can die from extensive wounds or head injuries like you. My parents died in a plane crash that I wasn't in. They didn't suffocate or anything, we can't, but the plane dove straight for the airport. A thousand people died that day. So when I turned, I didn't have the support of my family, and now I'm a solitary wolf. I live on my own, in my own territory. Alone.

My parents told me four things about who we are. One, we are all werewolves. Two, don't touch the humans. Three, refrain from turning much, it's tiring. And four, don't show, tell or imply to humans what we are.

That's all I have to say, I'll continue with my story now.

***

3 Days Later...

I had felt the need to purchase a new car, my old truck was far too slow, and I wasn't tight on money. I had a steady income from my night job at the restaurant and a few thousand from my parents. So I drove into Trinken High on my first day in a flashy Porsche Boxter S, in metallic midnight blue. I sped into a space and slid my car neatly and quickly into a space near to the office.

My car attracted stares from the people of Trinken High, students and teachers alike, and I'll be honest, I hated attention. I walked confidently with my bag to the revolving door to be met by a neat secretary in a black pencil skirt and a white top with fine blue stripes. Her hair was dark blond and pulled back into a neat pony-tail. A plain watch with a navy leather strap adorned her left wrist and rounded glasses were perched on her nose. She looked to be in her thirties and was already reading and sending emails to, at least I assume they were, staff. Damn the English are efficient.

"How can I help you Miss?" she asked politely in a slight Essex accent.

"I'm Katia Brown and I'm new here today," I said quietly to announce myself in my lightly Australian accent.

She nodded and looked at her computer screen for a moment. Her badge read Miss Rachel Dianna. Nice name, I thought. Miss Dianna pulled out an envelope of stuff and laid it on her desk which, I noticed, was spotless and tidy. She showed me a map and pointed out various places and then handed me my schedule. She also gave me leaflets about clubs and the school history that I would never read, and my locker number, a padlock and three keys. Two for me and one for my form tutor who would keep it incase I managed to forget both. Highly unlikely.

"I'll just get one of the prefects to show you around," she said, tapping lightly on her keyboard.

While I waited for her to do whatever she was doing, I looked around the reception. The door was a glass, revolving door with dark mahogany handles. The floor was that stiff carpet in school rooms, in a pretty shade of sapphire and had a slightly green tinge to it. Cabinets containing trophies stood proudly against the walls. They held sport, music, arts and inter-house trophies. Apparently the last winner of the house cup had been Grove in...wait what? The trophy read 1985, which was years ago!

"Uh, Miss Dianna?" I asked.

She looked up in surprise.

"Just Rachel," she replied briskly.

"Ok, Rachel, the house trophy there says 1985?"

She looked over to where I was indicating in slight confusion, which made me nervous. Then she seemed to recognise the trophy, and laughed slightly.

"Oh yes, we scraped houses. We swapped them for the prom I guess," she laughed at her own joke.

I didn't laugh, but waited patiently, continuing to scrutinise the room. Three doors lined the walls. One said, 'staff stairs' and was shut. One said 'headmaster' which was also shut. The third, said 'to school'. I pulled out the map I had been given, and located the reception. The door led down a corridor to the canteen, and then outside to the left of the maths department building. I nodded to myself, and committed the rest of the school layout to memory, listening to the oh-so-English rain beat on the buildings.

I watched the students pile into the building, screaming and shouting to people, holding books over their heads. The girls checked their make-up, and the rugby players stood in short sleeves being drenched by the rain as it rolled down their beefy, strong bodies. One of them was grinning from ear to ear as he tried to swipe the mirror from a girl's hand as she re-applied eyeliner. I assumed that she was his girlfriend from the way they were swatting at each other, and I had to admit that she didn't look like one to mess with. Like, ever. Finally, the Big-Guy relented, and pouted as she continued on with that muck, I mean foundation, while walking swiftly into the building.

From the way guys moved slightly to let her pass, and girls swarmed around her chattering, I could tell that she was well-respected and very popular. She had curly, light blond hair which was swept back into a high ponytail and very pale skin which was the kind that almost shimmered in the sun. Her eyes were searching and a hazel brown, but not at all soft, quite the opposite. Big-Guy had well toned enormous muscles and his biceps were twice the size of my waist. He wasn't overly tall, but was definitely one of the tallest there. As Blondie and Big-Guy disappeared out of sight, I turned my attention to the other students.

But I found none quite so interesting and striking as the couple I had just seen. I saw a group of boys who looked to be the school footballers. They were laughing and boasting, showing off to girls. Another group of girls, cheerleaders I bet you, were swooning and batting their eyelashes at the boys. One looked up to the reception and caught my eye as the rain ran down his long-ish brown hair. He sniggered suddenly as I blushed and pointed to me. I looked down and turned away from the window, I had a feeling he recognised me as the girl with the Porche.

I turned back to Rachel who was looking at me carefully and slightly nervously. She relaxed slightly when I met her gaze smiling, and beckoned me over.

"Don't worry about them Katia, avoid the footballers, and the cheerleaders. Everyone does. Anyway, I've called the head-girl up to show you around. You can always ask someone if you get lost during the day. Samantha started here in year seven (for those Americans among you, this is British secondary school starting age, 11) and has contributed to the school hugely, and has always been immensely popular. She's in the upper sixth (age 17/18) now, so is in her last year," Rachel said.

Just as she finished speaking, a tall girl walked through the door that read 'to school'. I nearly gasped as I realised that she was Blondie that I had seen just minutes before. She was more striking up close, and she certainly didn't look like she wanted anyone messing with her. I doubted she was chosen for eternal kindness.

"Hi," she said, "I'm Samantha Horson, but my boyfriend calls me Sam, as do my family," she introduced herself, holding out her slim hand.

I shook it firmly, and smiled at her. She returned my smile and, after thanking Rachel, led the way out of reception. Samantha explained the very simple lunch system (like a cafe) and led the way to each department. I was taking maths, biology, English and French for A-level, so I made sure I could locate those buildings. Each classroom was numbered consecutively among department and teachers' offices were located near the staff room.

As Samantha led the way to the sports building, she gave me a little advice.

"Just some advice Katia, ignore the footballers and their girlfriends. Ignore the cheerleaders. And keep to yourself, in a big school like Trinken, it takes little time to find the people for you. And hell, once you do keep them close," she said as she showed me the swimming pool.

I nodded, slightly awed by the size and contents of Trinken High, and followed her to the lockers. I thanked her and she rolled her eyes at someone behind me as we approached my locker.

"You're welcome, but look out for Alice Williams, she's a great friend but...well I'll let you figure it out," Samantha said, winking.

I gulped and thanked her again. When she had turned away, I looked in the direction she had been watching, and saw a short, hyper girl who looked younger than me. She had jet black hair which was cut in a pixie style and her skin had that same shimmering look as Samantha's. When she saw me staring at her, she squealed and ran over to me.

"Hey! You must be Katia Brown. I'm Alice, Alice Williams. Was that Sam I just saw you with? Have you met Matthew yet? Or Jake? And..." she began excitedly, but was interrupted my a boy who looked about my age.

"Calm down Alice, give the girl a chance!" he chuckled.

I looked at him gratefully and began to answer Alice's questions.

"Yes I'm Katia, yes I was with Samantha. I have no idea who those boys are. And are you in my year?" I asked curiously.

"Yes I'm in your year!" she said, less hyper now, "And this is Matthew, or Matt, my boyfriend. Jake is the big rugby player. He's Sam's boyfriend and acts like a complete child."

Matt gave me a smile and inclined his head slightly. Alice checked her watch and groaned. I was beginning to like her. Once I got over the mad-crazy-hyper-loonattic side of her.

"We need to get going. What d'you have first?" she asked.

"Um, English in E6 with...Mr.Mason?" I posed my answer as a question, "It's a double. Then after break I have French and Maths, then double biology in the afternoon."

"Cool, you have maths with Matt and English now with me," Alice said, all trail of mad person gone.

"If memory serves, Alex is taking biology then, with Dr.Schmitz?" he asked.

I nodded as we parted and headed to English.

"Alice? Who's Alex?" I asked, curious and eager to know people.

"Generally a twat. Round about the only decent cricketer in the school, a total player and my brother," Alice said, laughing.

I was slightly taken aback by her reply, but with my life, what was normal? It was with that thought that I remembered that I had changed, what I was. Then I remembered what Samantha had said about finding people for you, and I wondered if there were any other wolves among us. I almost shivered at the thought of the rugby players as werewolves, but refrained from it.

Alice held the door open for me as we entered English and I sat down next to her. She told me that there was no seating plan, and that she would be relieved to have somebody that wasn't Gabriella sitting by her. I frowned at her and looked at her in confusion.

"Oh!" she laughed, "Gabriella is, so far, the longest reigning girlfriend of my brother, and she is convinced that he's in love with her. In reality, he's having a right laugh with the rest of us behind her back," Alice explained.

"Do your parents know about Alex's, um," I hesitated, wondering how to phrase it.

Alice saved me by interrupting.

"Idiotic manner and one hundred percent reliable ability to break his girl's heart? Yup! Mum isn't too impressed, but Dad reckons he'll find someone. I wouldn't bet on it though," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Why do girls go for him if he's a complete player and jerk then?" I asked, realising that Alice was less than impressed by her brother.

"Just wait until you meet him. Every girl in the school has the hots for him, and he loves the attention. I bet you'll be swooning by this evening," Alice said, challenging me.

Heck, if I wanted to have hots for a guy who was gonna stop me? But from what I'd heard about Alex Williams, I doubted any level of cuteness could make me like him, none. So I laughed at her proposition, and shook my head at her as Mr.Mason entered the room. His eyes raked through the students in silence before landing on me.

"Katia Brown. Your books are at the back, get them when I've finished speaking," he said swiftly.

All eyes turned towards me. Someone smirked at me, the footballer from earlier wolf-whistled, and a girl with dyed blond hair turned on me with fire in her eyes. I was slightly taken aback by their hostile behaviour, although I did spot one girl gaze at me with sympathy.

As class began, I passed notes to Alice, who was doodling. I'd done the work before, so I didn't really need to listen.

Why does every1 act like they hate me?

Alice took the note and scribbled.

They don't hate u, ur the new girl, so ur interesting. Ignore the blond, that's Gabriella, she obviously c's u as a threat

I glanced at the note, and spun around to grab my books as Mr.Mason had finished speaking, so I began to answer the essay question he'd put on the board. I heard Alice groan and I grinned at her cheekily, I could write a damn good essay if I put some effort into it. Alice rolled her eyes at me and put her head in her hand as she began to 'plan' as we had been asked to.

"Don't bother," I whispered in her ear, "I write a better essay when I don't plan."

Alice stared at me and contemplated what I had said, before ripping the page out of her book and throwing it precisely into the bin all the way at the front of the class. I shook my head at her accuracy, I had a sneaky suspicion that Alice was good at sports. Unlike myself. I groaned inwardly when I realised that we all had sports at the end of the day, every day.

Oh! I realised. Now I had changed, I would be a bit better at sports, but equally, my dexterity would be equally awful while human. And I would have to be careful about revealing anything. This would be harder than I thought. I continued to write, or scrawl, my essay, and was about halfway through when the bell rang and Mr.Mason set it as homework. I was slightly surprised by the bell, the lesson had gone so quickly I'd hardly felt inclined to check the clock. Then again, I enjoyed English.

I followed Alice out, and was pleased to know that we had lockers together, well, two away from each other. She groaned as she took her books out and I noticed that she too had maths. No, correction, physics. I sucked at physics, so I had respect for Alice's ability to attempt it as an A-level.

"Physics hu?" asked a familiar voice.

I spun round and saw Samantha standing behind me, looking at Alice with a twitching lip. The friendship between them was obvious.

"Don't remind me Sam, seriously, don't. It was a stupid idea," Alice grumbled.

We all laughed at that. I saw Matt and Big-Guy from earlier walking up. Big-Guy introduced himself to me as Jake, and I blushed at his loud, childish manner. Samantha swatted his arm and dragged him off to the cantine, playfulness evident in her eyes as she waved goodbye to us.

"Katia? Fancy spending break with us?" Alice asked, her hyper attitude beginning to reappear.

"Yeah! Heck, everyone else seems to think I'm some kind of exhibit!" I said with enthusiasm.

Alice squealed and hugged me. I peeled her off carefully and shut my locker, leading her and Jasper to the cantine. Alice sat down at a table with Samantha and Jake and the girl in English that had looked at me with sympathy. She had round glasses and ginger hair that was straight and came just below her shoulders.

"Hi Katia, I'm Cathernine, but you can just call me Cat," she said quietly, smiling.

I smiled back at her and said hi. She sat back and relaxed, as though tense about our meeting. The six of us made small talk for a while, and I found myself liking the group of friends immensely, and they seemed to accept me. So heck, I'd keep them close now. I thought to myself.

Jake smirked cruely and someone behind me. I turned in my chair, and Samantha's face turned stony. Alice stopped flirting with Matt and turned to face the newcomer. Matt rested a hand on her shoulder, as though restraining her and Cat sucked in a breath, her face turning red.

I met the eyes of the girl behind me, and reckognised Gabriella from English.

"What d'you want Gabriella?" Samantha snapped, her voice cold.

"I'd like to tell Katia Brown a few things. Alex is MINE. Everyone knows that, and I guess that now there's no excuse to try anything," she replied, glaring at me with hatred.

I stared right back at her, my secret giving me strength. She looked surprised momentarily, but recovered quickly. She stood up straight and sneered down at me in a haughty manner.

"Cat got your tongue? Nice face you've got there Brown," she spat.

Heck! Don't try that with me. I thought. I stood up, getting right in her face, the whole school now focused on us.

"Listen here Gabriella, I don't know what the fuck your problem is, but I don't know you, I've never met Alex, and he sounds like a right jerk. Do not play this game with me. Now get the bloody heck outta here," I hissed, keeping my voice quiet, but putting as much venom into my words as I could.

There was silence as I sat back down, and I realised that I had just got on Gabriella's bad side. No, she put me on her bad side. I corrected myself. Then the hall erupted into a mixture of yells, whistles and cheers. But for who I had no idea. Every one of my friends stared at me as though I was mad. I mumbled something incoherent and looked down. Samantha spoke.

"That was damn good Katia, she needs putting in her place. I think you just earned the right to call me Sam," she said, smiling at me and then glaring at Gabriella's back.

I mumbled thanks and headed out to maths with Matt. He smiled at me as we left the room and chuckled at the stares of Gabriella's friends. Or followers as I would call them.

My first day at Trinken High had certainly been interesting.

***

Okay guys, I'm looking for someone to play the dad of Alex and Alice. He'll come in soon but help would be appreciated. Think thirties or forties, but not too young or old looking and brown hair! Thanks lovelies!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Trapped (Book 1) De Jo Bloomfield

Ficțiune adolescenți

77 3 13
After her parents died in a car accident, Emma tries to continue moving on with her life. Things change when she meets Chris, a new student. Chris ha...
367K 9.1K 30
Skyler grew up watching her father beat her mother senseless. She watched as her once beautiful mother become only a shell of a woman she used to be...
654K 15.5K 44
Broken by soul, broken by heart. Valeria is Alpha's daughter who has been through lot of loss. She's in no rush finding her mate, so you can imagine...
37.6K 2.8K 10
Alyssa is a werewolf. Abandoned as an infant, all she knows about her own kind is what she's gained through her "research." She's read through hundre...