Serendipity Next Door (SND Se...

By x_LavenderHoney_x

The apartment next door to Brooke Walters' was empty for the last 4 years since she moved in. She would stand... More

Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
New Series: Serendipity Next Door
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 8

6.7K 254 55
By x_LavenderHoney_x

B R O O K E

Kevin's lips gently move against mine. I am in too much of a shock to kiss back.

Am I dreaming or is he really kissing me? I put my hands on his chest, and push. He doesn't move but breaks the kiss.

"What are you doing?! Don't you have a girlfriend?" My voice sounds panicked as I register everything. 

Kevin wipes his lips. His dark brown eyes stare into my pale blue ones.

Something wet runs down my cheek. Without noticing, I start crying. Great now I'm embarrassing myself. I've tried so hard to not cry because of him but he makes it hard not to. He's so difficult. 

Kevin's eyes widen in surprise as the tears continue coming down. Why can't I stop crying? 

"What's wrong?" He asks. 

I turn around so he can't see my face. He has seen enough of me crying. I wipe my cheeks furiously as I sniffle. 

"N-Nothing." I sniff. 

"Brooke." His voice goes from gentle to stern. 

I give a deep sigh and turn myself back around. I blink my eyes a few times to get rid of the blurriness so I can see him clearly. "Fine. Your, your, just so confusing! One minute you dislike me and then the next you're nice to me. It's like you have two people inside of you! Which is really frustrating for me. And you know what-" 

Kevin stops my rambling by kissing me again. The sudden action makes me feel weak on my knees. Kevin must realize because he pulls away. 

"Sorry. You were ranting and looked like you were running out of breath." he gives a sheepish smile. 

I blink up him. All those strange emotions I've been feeling come back. My stomach feels like it's in knots as I look at Kevin. Then it hits me. Like a slap in the face. I like Kevin. Even after those smart comments he has made I actually have a crush on him. 

I have to sit down. This is all coming to fast. I hurriedly sit down on the couch and stare at the blank TV. I can feel Kevin sitting down beside me. I don't bother looking at him.

"I like you. That's why this is all too much for me right now. You don't have to say it back but that's how I feel." I close my eyes tightly as I say those words. 

Kevin is silent beside me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see that he has a surprised look on his face. Great my feelings just made this situation even more awkward than it was. 

Then the unexpected happens. Kevin pulls me into his arms. I squeak a little as I'm enveloped in his warmth. What is he doing? He's been doing a lot of surprises today. I can't help but enjoy it. Which is kind of scary.

I open my mouth to protest but he shushes me. I close my mouth back up. We sit in silence for awhile until he starts to speak. 

"I like you too. I may not show it because I'm a little fucked up in the head, but I do. When I was hanging out with Ariel I couldn't stop thinking about you. Sure I've known her longer, but I didn't feel attracted to her like I am with you. You're probably thinking that I am talking bullshit, but it's the truth."

I'm speechless. Did he confess that he liked me? I shouldn't believe him. He's probably teasing me. Like he usually does with me.

But I can't the happiness that comes over me. Just hearing the most coldest person I've ever met say that makes me happy. Even if he probably doesn't mean it.

I wrap my arms around his waist and look up. His brown eyes look soft as he looks at me. He definitely meant what he said. I give him a gentle smile and snuggle up to his chest. His heartbeat thumps softly. 

"I believe you. The look you're giving me tells me that you aren't bullshitting me." I mumble against his chest. 

Kevin gives a sigh of relief and tightens his arms around me. The strange feelings I've been feeling lately comes back. Except this time they feel comfortable. 

My eyes start to droop as fatigue hits me. I close them and fall asleep right away. 

~~~~

The sound of someone lightly snoring wakes me up. I look up at Kevin's face and see that he's asleep. His hair is sticking up all over the place like he's been messing with it. 

I can't help but smile at the position we are in. I'm against his side with his arm wrapped around my shoulder and mines around his waist. I haven't been in this position before so it feels weird. A good kind of weird though. 

I look out the window and see that it's dark outside. I look at the clock on the wall and see that it is midnight. I can't believe I was asleep for that long. I must have been really tired. 

Kevin then starts to stir. I look back at him and see that he has a lazy smile on his face. How can he still look so breathtaking when he wakes up. It should be illegal.

"Hi." He says in a sleepy voice. 

"Hi." I reply. 

He smiles at me and leans down. Before I can realize what he's doing, his lips are on mine. I hum in surprise at the soft feel of his lips. This is the third time we've kissed today. The other two times had been weird, but this one was okay.

Kevin sits up straight. He stretches and makes a loud yawn. I giggle at the sound. He stops mid stretch and starts grinning at me. Four months ago he wouldn't look at me like he is now. 

"What's so funny?" He questions. He puts his arms down and wraps them back around me. "I don't recall doing anything funny." 

I cover my mouth to cover my giggles. He looks even more confused. Which is adorable. 

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just really happy." I reply. 

Kevin furrows his eyebrows and twists his mouth, like he's in thought. Then a slow smile spreads across his face. 

He slips his arm away from me and gets up from the sofa. I stare up at him in confusion. What is he doing? I miss his warmth. Which is kind of a problem. I'm already getting so attached to him. 

"Come, I got a place I want to show you." He tosses me my jean jacket. I catch it and continue staring at him.

He slips on his leather jacket and puts on his shoes. When he realizes I'm still sitting down he comes over. He takes my hand and pulls me up.

"Where are we going?" I ask. 

Kevin looks down at me and kisses my forehead. "A place that's special to me." He says simply as he takes my jacket from my hands and puts it on me himself.

Without asking anymore questions, I put on my shoes. Kevin takes my hand and gives it a squeeze. Warmth spreads through my chest at the romantic gesture. I squeeze his hand back and I let him lead me out the door. 

We step out of the elevator and I notice that the lobby is empty. That's strange. Usually the lobby is open at this time. 

"The lobby seems empty. Which is weird." I speak my thoughts out to Kevin. Kevin looks around and nods his head. 

"Yeah. It must be a slow night." he replies. 

He does have a point. It might be a slow night. I nod in understanding and let him continue leading me. 

~

"Here we are. My special place." 

I look around at where Kevin takes me. It's a park. A beautiful park. 

There's a lake that looks clear. It sparkles under fairy lights that are hanging from tree branches. On the ground there are flowers that are starting to bloom for the season. They make the park look even more beautiful. As I look around, this park reminds me of my special place. 

"Wow. This is gorgeous." I whisper in amazement.

Kevin chuckles beside me and leads me over to a bench. We sit down on it. Kevin puts his arm around my shoulder. I get closer to him and lay my head on his shoulder. 

"This is where I come to chill and be alone."Kevin says into the quiet night. I look up at him and see that he is staring at the lake. "I used to come here a lot when I was younger." 

At that I sit up a little straighter. Kevin moves his eyes away from the lake and to me. Inside those beautiful brown eyes holds sadness. What does he mean he came here a lot when he was younger. Did something bad happen?

"What happened?" I ask worriedly. 

He turns his eyes away from me and back to the lake. I hear him take a deep sigh.

"I haven't told anyone this but I trust you." He gives me a gentle smile. 

He trusts me. I start to feel a little happy but I don't show it. This isn't the time to be happy. Kevin wants to tell me something that he hasn't told anyone else. This must be really important and whatever it is, I want to support him. 

Kevin takes a deep breath and opens his mouth.

~~~

A/N: UH OH CLIFFHANGER! I finally put up this chapter which I promised to u guys three weeks or more ago >.<. Sorry for the wait, but here it is! The lucky number eight! Which is kind of sad because I have 14 chapters left and an epilogue which, in my speed, will possibly take me 2 years. But I will not take that long to finish a story. It's just sometimes I'm not in the mood for writing and other times I'm busy or distracted with something. Which happens 24/7 for me. But I also have a story that I'm working on right now. I don't know if I want to put it up on wattpad. I'm going to have to think about it. So I will be putting some of my stories on hiatus or take them down. Which is sad for me to do D: But for now I am going to work on this and that other story. Expect more updates for this! I'm kind of excited for what's going to happen in the next 15 chapters. 

Well it's 2 am and I'm kind of tired so I'll work on chapter 9 tomorrow. Bye guys! 

-Lisa ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 747 21
Jaemin is curious, everyone in school turned tp love him after seeing him and they are also trying to do anything to catch his attention. But why th...
185K 5.2K 40
It's Kayla's first year away at college. She could barely afford to go to college let alone find somewhere to live. The cheapest thing she could find...
72.8K 2.2K 65
Evelyn Joan and Jayden Flynn was what people could label as strangers forever but not until they meet in a detention that makes their lives uphill an...
49.6K 1.8K 30
"Tsk. You really need to learn how to fight, Osamu." The ginger grumble while eyeing his friend who was carefully bandaging his left eye after receiv...