Hypnotic (Eric x OC) divergen...

BlaireBailey द्वारा

Pregnant and hiding a traumatic secret, Dauntless born Ophelia finds herself drawn to Eric, the enigmatic Eru... अधिक

The Beginning
Mood Swings
Laid Back
Eric's POV
I See Fire
Big Girls Cry
Eric's POV
Speaking of Truth
Trouble
Never Stop
Eric's POV
Unsteady
Hurricane
Come Home Soon
And Counting...
Eric's POV
Poison & Wine
Eric's POV
Your Biggest Mistake
Gravity
Waiting Game
Eric's POV
The Mess I Made
Hazy
Breathe Me
Bloodstream
Eric's POV
Echoes of Silence
Tell Your Friends
On My Mind

Girl You're Alright

1.1K 61 10
BlaireBailey द्वारा

When I return to training an hour later, I find everyone on the roof. Guns have been brought from the armory and they're taking target practice.

I stand to the side waiting for someone to see me. Levi spots me first and makes his way over. "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Like you care." I roll my eyes, hoping Eric will notice us and rescue me from this entire situation.

Levi grabs my arm and I'm shocked when there's no pressure behind it. "I wasn't going to kill you." He leans in closer. "We've known each other our entire lives, Ophelia. You know I wouldn't do that."

"I don't know what I know anymore." I say as I remove my arm from his grasp. Eric is stalking towards us.

"What's going on?" He growls as he reaches our side.

"Nothing." Levi answers, standing a little straighter.

I look between the two of them. "It's fine." I assure Eric.

"Well grab a gun. Join your classmates." He instructs.

I follow his order, grabbing the last gun from the racks that have been placed off to the side. I sling it over my back as I go to join my friends.

When I'm at the station with Arri and Len, they instantly stop shooting.

"Oh my god!" Lennie shouts as she throws her arms around me. I feel Arri do the same from behind. They have successfully made an Ophelia sandwich. "Are you ok?"

"Yea, you scared the hell out of us!" Arri chimes in.

"I'm fine, guys." I smile at them both as they release me.

"What was Levi thinking? I mean we heard initiation was rough, but that was just crazy." Eleanor still looks shaken up by the whole thing.

"I promise, I'm ok."

"You're sure? Your neck looks pretty bad." Arri stares at the bruises with a frown. She's not convinced.

I smile at their concern. "Yes." I say and place a hand on each of their shoulders. "I'll prove it."

I walk up to the range, stopping at the firing line. I take my stance and position the rifle against my shoulder. With a deep breath, I stare at the target, letting the sound of my blood pumping echo in my ears.

My father always taught me to relax, to fire between my heartbeats. I squeeze the trigger and look at the target. Bullseye. I've hit the dummy dead center.

"Damn." I hear a voice say from the station beside me.

I glance over at the boy with a grin on my face.

"That was impressive." He says as he walks towards me, his arm extended. "I'm Asher."

"Ophelia." I say, taking his hand.

"Times up! Go get some lunch and meet back at the Pit in an hour." Eric's voice startles me. I hadn't noticed he was so close.

He's sending Asher an evil look and when I give him a small smile as I walk by, he glares at me too.

I eat my lunch in a confused haze. The day is only half over and already its been out of control. I'm ready to get in my bed, cuddle my son, and go to sleep. It's hard to believe I have 10 weeks of this left.

The hour is about halfway up when I see my mom enter the cafeteria with Hudson. I get up immediately, abandoning my food and my friends.

The second Hudson sees me approaching he begins to squeal and stretches his arms out. "Ma-ma-ma." He coos, leaning towards me.

"Hi, baby!" I grin, grabbing him from my mom and kissing his nose. "I missed you."

Hudson smiles his crooked little smile, showing off his four teeth. I feel us being watched and turn to look over my left shoulder and there's Levi. He's looking at us with what seems to be a longing expression.

I turn away, pretending I haven't noticed. His actions today have confused me and I don't trust his motives.

"What happened to your neck?" My mom sounds horrified. She must have gotten a good look when I turned.

"Just a little training mishap." I answer, trying to avoid any other questions. "I'm ok."

"Alright." She sighs. She knows she won't get anything else out of me.

"I'm gonna take Hudson. I'll bring him back when I have to leave." I wrap my free arm around my mom, giving her a side hug.

She kisses my temple. "Be careful. I need you to stay in one piece." She whispers. "I love you."

"I love you too, Momma."

"Look who I brought to see his favorite aunties?" I say, sneaking up behind Arri and Len.

"Ahhhh!" They squeal, simultaneously.

"Dibs!" Eleanor shouts as she takes Hudson from my arms.

"No fair!" Arri pouts. She grabs my sons feet, kissing his toes as he sits in Lennie's lap.

Someone sits in the empty seat beside me. It's Asher. "I heard you had a son, he's cute." He says giving Hudson a smile. "Hey, buddy."

Hudson grins in response, loving the attention he's getting from everyone. "He looks like you." Asher says, turning to me.

"I'm going to assume that's a compliment." I say.

Before he can respond, Eric is at our table. "Can I see my son?" His voice is far from friendly. Eleanor shoots me a look, asking for my permission. I nod.

She hands Hudson over and he snuggles into Eric's broad chest. "Da!" He shrieks with a giggle.

Eric smiles down at him, kissing the top of his head. It's the first time he's been gentle all day and everyone at the table takes notice.

"I didn't know you were his father." Asher says and I inwardly groan, knowing what's coming next.

"Well now you know." Eric sneers, puffing his chest.

I watch as Asher sizes him up. He takes in Eric's size and gulps, clearly intimidated. "I gotta go meet some friends. I'll see you later, Ophelia."

He leaves before I can say goodbye. I shoot Eric a glare, trying not to seem amused by his actions. He looks smug. "Wipe that smirk off your face." I warn, standing from the table. "Give me, Goober. I have to give him back to my mom now."

"Let me come with you." It comes out as a demand but I see the question in his eyes.

"Fine." I roll my eyes. If we're going to make people believe we're not together, I've got to fool my best friends too. "I'll meet you back at the Pit." I tell them.

They send me sympathetic glances as I take Hudson and leave the table with Eric right behind me.

"Can I come see you both tonight?" He asks once we're far enough away.

"Of course." I say. "You don't ever have to ask that."

"Just wanted to make sure. I figured you'd made plans with your new friend." The jealousy in his tone is hard to miss.

"Eric." I warn, but say nothing else.

He's silent for a moment and I can tell he's frustrated. "Sorry." He grumbles, but it doesn't sound sincere.

I stop by an empty table on my way to my mom. "Eric, you have nothing to worry about. It's you, it's always been you."

He looks relieved and I'm still unsure how he could question my feelings for him.

"I'll let you take Hudson back by yourself. Your mom's table is crowded and I don't want to draw more attention to us." He kisses Hudson on the forehead. "I'll come by around 9 tonight."

"That's fine." I nod. "He'll be asleep but we can wake him up for a bit."

"Ok." Eric agrees. "I'll see you then. I'm busy with Leadership the rest of the day but I'm having Four cover for me. I'll never leave you alone with Levi again, not after this morning." He explains.

I smile at how much he cares for me. I want to kiss him, but know I can't. "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you, too. Stay safe." He says and then leaves.

My head is consumed with thoughts of him for the rest of the day.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

135K 3.2K 138
This is the second story in a trilogy: Change Of Heart (Book One)-complete To Save A City (Book Two)-complete To Change A City (Book Three)-in prog...
Inferno Caruscus द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

729K 15.9K 40
At the Choosing Ceremony four years ago Tobias Eaton left more than an abusive father behind; he also left his younger sister. Now it's time for the...
Ashes Caruscus द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

131K 3.1K 17
Things were finally going her way: her brother was marrying her best friend, she had a group of stable people in her life, her work was helping peopl...