Nothing Ever Lasts Forever |...

By maiarulestheworld

Kiara Athena Carpenter, 16, mentally ill and quite traumatized. The youngest of the Carpenter siblings and al... More

0 | Introduction
1 | Tip of the iceberg
3 | Doctor
4 | Tell them
5 | Won't leave you alone
6 | Bye-bye Carl
7 | The plate
8 | Off the deep end
9 | Wasted
10 | Hospital
11 | Luke
12 | The notes
13 | Where were we?
14 | Don't let him break you
15 | Overprotective
16 | Finally sorry
17 | The highs are high
18 | Ill
19 | The lows are really fucking low
20 | Like a whole new person
21 | Unrecognizable
22 | Betrayed
23 | You love who I was before
24 | Abused
25 | Right under their noses
26 | Angry
27 | High
28 | Code black
29 | Numb
30 | Gone
Epilogue
Bonus
Sequel
Thank you

2 | A night to regret

11.5K 171 61
By maiarulestheworld

TW: selfharm and ED, there is some mention of SA but no details

Kiara

My arms hurt. My whole body does. It's lunch and they have yelled for me to come down twice already. But I couldn't move. My body had given up on me and I just couldn't move. Maybe I didn't want to also...

Caleb

I knew something was up when Kie didn't show up to lunch. At first I thought she just didn't like my cooking but she doesn't even know what we are having. Alex didn't seem bothered by her absence. However Elijah, Chris and even Dylan looked just as concerned as me. Although Dylan looked annoyed. Maybe he hadn't noticed her absence. I don't know.

Anyways, I decided to be a good big brother and bribe her into coming to lunch. She loves baguettes after all. I don't bother to knock since she is my YOUNGER sister. "Kiara I won't let you drink on an empty stomach" I announce walking in but she isn't there.

I walk over to the bathroom and open the door. There she was sitting on the floor. At first I didn't think much of it. "Kie I said I won't let you drink on an empty stomach" I repeated. Nothing. She was ignoring me.

"KIARA" I raised my voice. She turned her head to me and looking at her I could tell she was dehydrated. I grabbed a cup from the counter and filled it with water. She didn't want to take it at first but after I told her she can't drink again she took it.

I sat down next to her as she was slowly recovering. "You know this wouldn't happen if you bothered to come downstairs sometimes" I say to her. She doesn't snap at me. Just rests her head on my shoulder.

"I smell baguettes" she says still quite weakly. "I made the butter and herb one just for you, come and get it" I said not moving much since she looked comfortable. She nodded and gave a small smile.

"Anybody else would've freaked seeing you like this, you're lucky I was the one that came" I said proudly. No reaction. Then it hit me. "Kiara..." I whispered. "What?" She whispered back. "Are you high?"

——————————————————————————

Door slammed as she made her way downstairs. Four heads turned to us. "What did you do Caleb?" Chris sighed looking at Kie. "I got her to lunch" I said proudly. Kiara applauded sarcastically. Elijah laughed. Alex was in his own little world on his phone. "Kiara we leave Sunday night and return Tuesday early morning. We need to spend slightly longer there. Also Chris stays here to look over Caleb and Elijah" he stated. Kie kept quiet.

I heard Elijah whisper to Kiara: "pourquoi si calme Kie?(why so quiet Kie?)". They both are multilingual and as well as I know that was French. They liked to speak in the language others didn't understand. Either Russian, French, Finnish or Spanish. We all spoke Italian so that wasn't used for secrets. Kie spoke Norwegian and Estonian too but she didn't use them much since nobody could understand her. Even though the last one sounded similar to Finnish.

"necesito una bebida(I need a drink)" Kie responded making Elijah laugh. God I wish I spoke these languages. I think that was Spanish. "Potremmo per favore parlare inglese adesso tesoro?(could we please speak English now?)" I said trying to look smart. "Tallalakkuja" Kie mumbled before picking up a conversation.

"Yeah what Caleb said. Please" Chris interrupted. Alex put his phone down. "How about Kiara tells us how to say stuff in Estonian?" he suggests. Kie groans but agrees to a few sentences or words.

Dylan went first. "How do you say 'darling'?" Kie leans back and answers "Kallis"
Dy seemed impressed by that. I decided to ask something too after Chris had found out that 'beer' in Estonian was unpronounceable for him. "Õlu"
How do you possibly say that?

My sentence was "could I get your number?" she giggled. "Kas ma saaksin sinu telefoninumbri?" she answers.

And last but not least Alex since Elijah didn't want to know anything. "How do you say 'I love you' in Estonian?" he asked. Kie formed a slight smile as she responded. "Ma armastan sind". It sounded beautiful. But I don't think anybody will be using that. Kie did warn us that it was a difficult language.

———————————————————————————

Kiara

Because of the bandage on my arm I decided to wear long sleeved clothes. Even though we are loaded, most of my outfits are from Shein. I picked out a couple accessories and put my hair into a high ponytail leaving only the curtain bangs out.

I finally decided on this really pretty long sleeved and medium short black dress. It is a bit revealing but nothing too much. I also decided to be over the top and wear my dance heels. They are 11 cm tall and have great ankle support. I might get yelled at by my brothers but it's okay.

Caleb walks in. He looks at me and laughs. "If I saw somebody look like that at a party I'd say "slayy" but now that I know it's my sister I want to say "changee""
I laugh a bit and then grab my phone and bag. The boys decided to take my car since it wouldn't cause trouble. We'll see.
It wasn't hard to sneak out since Alex and Dylan were in the house office discussing trip details and Chris was probably in his room either playing video games or scrolling on tinder.

———————————————————————————
The party was held at somebody's house. I didn't bother to try and figure out whose. Caleb was gone right away and Elijah stuck around for like 10 minutes before going to have fun. He asked me if I was okay with it. I told him yes.

Even though my brothers are demons sometimes, I want them to have fun.

I saw this guy staring at me from the bar and made my way to him. "I didn't even have to beg" he started. I laughed. I grabbed a shot and downed it. He gave me another one. "I'm Carl" he then said. "Kiara" I responded. He looked a bit startled. In a good way.

"Kiara as in Kiara Carpenter?" he asks with an astonished look on his face. "The one and only" I smile at him. He hands me another drink. I take it gratefully. "So are you interested in a dance?" he asks then.

Me being a pretty well known commercial heels dancer couldn't resist. He grabbed my hand and we danced for a while. After some time I started to feel distorted. Like something was seriously wrong. By the look on Carl's face I could tell what had happened. This bitch must've drugged me. God I'm an idiot. I try to push away from him but he shushes me. "Easy baby it's okay. It will be over very quickly" he says leading me to a bedroom. I can't fight against. Something in me stops.

He didn't tear my dress, he didn't even take it off. He just did what he wanted to me and then left me there. I remember wanting to cry and scream. But his hands stopped me. Every sound I made his hand met my throat. It hurt. He was rough and it only felt good for him. I just laid there. After some time the shaking stopped a little. The drug had worn off.

I still couldn't move. I didn't want to. I haven't been so scared in such a long time.

A girl entered the room. When she saw me her eyes widened and she run over to me. She asked if there was anybody she could call and when I didn't answer she asked me for my name. I told her that and only that because nothing else came out. She told me she'd be right back and left.

I felt alone again. I was about to let myself pass out when I heard the door slam open. Strong hands grabbed me and sat me up. They pulled me close and I recognized Caleb's rings. He hugged me so tight. I just cried into his chest. Another pair of hands grabbed my arm. I heard Elijah trying to talk to me but I couldn't make out the words.

Suddenly it all went quiet. The party music stopped and doors were slammed. The bedroom door opened. I heard Caleb say something to the people there but again I couldn't understand the words. I knew I was shaking again and I knew I looked horrible. Caleb didn't let go thank God. Elijah stayed holding my hand as well. I flinched at any louder sound and at some point I found myself in our car. Still in Caleb's embrace.

Nothing better than getting raped at getting sober.

Every time I sniffled Eli squeezed my hand tighter and Caleb used his sweet voice to tell me how it'll be okay. 
I wanted to sleep but couldn't. Caleb put me to bed and asked if I wanted him to stay. I nodded yes and he did. Eli also brought his blanket and pillows and made a bed on the floor. And after some more time cuddled up in Caleb's arms, I fell asleep.

____________________________________

Holy hell this was hard to write. I'm sorry.

If you need anything feel free to DM me!

Love you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 367 36
Kiara is an eighteen years old girl who lived on her own since she was sixteen Then, out of nowhere, she found herself in the care of her brothers t...
991K 31.5K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
Their Moon By meshybish

General Fiction

85.9K 2K 20
Moon, 20 years old, living with her abusive uncle for as long as she can remember. Physical abuse is something she for once can deal with but mental...
5.9M 158K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...