Amnesiac swimmer

By Mizu-Sina

I guess my life started when I woke up in this hospital. Alone. With no memories. I had no idea of who I was... More

Words from the writer
Prologue
Chapter 1: "Marie"
Chapter 2: "Marie"
Chapter 3: James Miller
Chapter 4: James Miller
1st memory
Chapter 5: Silver Henderson
Chapter 6: James Miller
Chapter 7: Liam Smith
Chapter 8: "Marie"
Chapter 9: Rebecca Peterson
Chapter 10: Rebecca Peterson
Chapter 11: Max Austin
2nd Memory
Chapter 12: Silver Henderson
Chapter 13: Silver Henderson
Chapter 14: Liam Smith
Chapter 15 : "Marie"
Chapter 16 : "Marie"
Chapter 17 : "Marie"
Chapter 18: Rebecca Peterson
Chapter 19: "Marie"
Chapter 21: James Miller
3rd Memory
Chapter 22: "Marie"
Chapter 23: "Marie"
Chapter 24: "Marie Miller"
Chapter 25: Silver Henderson
Chapitre 26: Silver Henderson
Chapter 27: Silver Henderson
Chapter 28: "Marie Miller"
Chapter 29: Carl Leroy
Chapter 30: Carl Leroy
Chapter 31: "Marie Miller"
Chapter 32: Silver Henderson
Chapter 33: "Marie Miller"
Chapter 34: Marie Miller
Chapter 35: Marie Miller
4th Memory
Chapter 36: Marie Miller
Chapter 37: Marie Miller
Chapter 38: Marie Miller
Epilogue: Marie Miller
The end
🎶 Playlist 🎶

Chapter 20: Silver Henderson

80 0 0
By Mizu-Sina

-I'll never forget you-

01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:50

We lay on the ground, looking at the stars—the radio of my dad's car playing Everybody wants to rule the world in the back. When we returned from my dad's store, I saw 'Marie' walking like a zombie. I asked him to stop and went straight up to her. She practically falls into my arms, holding her tears. I offered to come to my house but she asked me to take her back to this palace. My dad didn't ask any questions and drove us here. 

'Marie' didn't say a word since she entered the car. We've been here for almost an hour now and I didn't say anything either. If she wants to talk, she will speak: it's 'Marie', it's how she is. The music changes for Just the two of us and "Marie" sits up. Her eyes are still looking at the stars but I see her hand squeeze her wrist: she's debating if she's going to talk or not. Even if we're not friends, I can understand her by how she acts at least now I can. I sit up too and look at her. After two minutes, she finally look at me: she is going to talk. 

"Silver, am I a horrible person?" she asked. 

Horrible? It's a strong word, I wonder what makes her think that. Like she could read my thought, she explain her words: 

"I'm jealous, I think. When James is with his family ... it just reminds me of my case."

She sighs, retaining her tears. But I can hear her voice slowly breaking. 

"Silver, do you think I will maybe, one day, remember my family?  "

Her eyes are as shining as the stars in the sky above us. I grab her hand and gently press it. I'm not sure of how I should act but when my mother does this with me, it just warm my heart and I feel a bit better. I hope  it can do the same for her.

"You're not selfish, 'Marie', and yes, I'm sure you'll remember them one day. I'll make sure of it." 

She presses my hand and tears start falling from her eyes. I let her fall in my arms. I pass my hand in her hair doing my best to help her calm down but I feel like she needs to cry. Her tears fall onto my shirt and make me feel like they're burning my skin. It hurt. Why does it hurt like this?

She moves a little and looks at me, eyes in the eyes though she doesn't let go. 

"Wanna talk about it?" I ask. 

She nods and wipes her tears. 

"You know, Lindsey came back. She's nice, beautiful and when she talks about the army, it looks like she's passionate and that's what she was born for. It just ..."

She sighs, her fingers pressuring mines. 

"I haven't slept for two days."

"What? Why?"

"Since ... She came back because of something that happened to her, I don't what is it and I don't think I want to know. However, she keeps having a nightmare about it. She wakes up every night, screaming. Usually, someone goes calm her but now they are too tired and her screams don't wake them up."

She yawns. 

"So you're the one to wake up but she doesn't scream all night, right?"

"If no one goes see her, yes. It's like she sees her nightmare in her room like I see the other me: she's always here, hiding in the corner. She needs someone to stay by her side all night or they will come back. When I go see her, I disguise myself as someone else and when I'm with her, I seem to be part of the family. And it's weird because I'm not. Because I'll never be. I'm not a Miller. Even if James acts like my big brother and I considered him as one but, in the end I'm just a stranger-"

" 'Marie' calm down, you're gonna have a stroke," I stop her.

She looks at me, her eyes wide open, surprised. I bet she didn't realize she didn't breathe. 

" 'Marie' breathe. We have all the time to talk so take a deep breath."

" I'm sorry Silver, it's just ... everything that happens this week made me realize I'm not part of James's family ... and somehow it hurt more than I thought it would."

She whispers: 

"Now I just feel like I'm a ghost."

I pose my hand on her arm and then on her head. 

"What are you doing?" She ask, probably annoyed. 

"Checking if you're a ghost."

She hit my arm and treinsult me of being a "child". I laugh and take her back in my arms. 

"You're not a ghost, Demonia. You know, James is easily overwhelmed and he tends to forget to even eat. Rebecca told me he forgot to come to pick you up at the hospital. He's an idiot." 

She smiles a little and lay back in the grass. I know she's still hurt but I can't say anything more. She'll need to hear it from James. I lay next to her and we talk. I try to change her mood, and after sometimes I can hear my father's car music. It's playing I'll never forget you, not sure it fits the moment but 'Marie' seems to like it. She closes her eyes. She looks so peaceful. She's not back to her old self so her face still expresses emotion and at this time: it's beautiful. I can't get my eyes off her and I'm happy. Happy that I was able to help her. 

Around ten minutes later we decides to go back to my father. We walk back to the car, hand in hands. 

"Do you feel better, Marie?" Ask my dad.

" Yes, a little bit. Thank you, Cole."

" Nah it's nothing. Get in the car, kids!"

'Marie' sits at the back of the car and I choose to go with her. My dad started to drive, the radio still playing 90's music. "Marie" and I don't talk and I don't want to look at my phone because I want to be fully aware of her state. If a tear starts falling, again, I will whip it away immediately. 

We enter the highway and the music is cut by a phone ringtone.

"Oh right, you received a lot of notifications while you were away."

He gives us our phone. 'Marie' unlocked hers and I see lot of messages and missed calls ... from everyone. I unlock mine and it's the same thing. James probably called everyone to know where 'Marie' was. I didn't answer so he called everyone again to know why I didn't answer. And there it is a lot of notifications. I see "Marie" bitting her lips reading James's message. I don't think she's in a good state to call him back. I grab her hand.

"I'll do it, you'll sleep at my house tonight, alright?"

"Is it okay with you, Cole?" She asked, hesitant.

My dad laughs.

"Of course, what a silly question!"

My father smiles as 'Marie' thanks him. After a fast look at her, I call James. His parents are probably with him so I'll have to deal with them too.

"Silver? God, where were you? I left you so many messages."

"Sorry, sorry," I try to laugh, "but I fall asleep."

" Ah sorry, I'm just- Anyway, do you know where 'Marie' is? I've looked everywhere and I can't find her. She didn't come home after school."

 I look at 'Marie' who's looking at me. I'm going to lie. It's for the better.

" Silver?"

"... Did you forget?"

"Forget what?"

"James, I told you: 'Marie' was coming with me to my father's store."

He don't answer but I can hear whisper in the back. He's probably talking to his parent. 

"Can you pass me 'Marie'?" 

"Uh she's sleeping. Don't worry she'll sleep at my house tonight."

"W-wait did she take her medication ?"

"Yes, she did. Now go to sleep James because if you can't remember this than you're probably tired, again."

"A-alright...Thank you, Silver."

I hung up and turned to see 'Marie'. I smile to her and she say:

"I'm sorry you had to lie to James."

"Nah, it's okay, don't worry about it."

We arrive at my home and when we pass the door, my mom is here. She welcome us with a warm hug. Dad probably told her. 

"Come sits, I made hot chocolate."

We accept and sit at the table. I sit next to 'Marie'. My mom know that if someone want to share their problem with her, they will so she don't ask marie anything and just talk with my dad about the store. I start participating in their discussion but I keep an eye on 'Marie'. 

I was right to do that because a few minutes later, I hear cries coming from her. My mother noticed it and walked to 'Marie'. She takes her hands and pass her thumb gently on it. 

"It's okay, Marie sweetie, do you want to talk about it with me ?" 

'Marie' takes a few minutes to respond but accept my mother proposition. My mom smiles and stand up. She takes both cups and walk to the stairs with marie. Once they disappeared, my dad propose we play while waiting for them to come back. 

Only my mother come back an hour later with both cup. 

" 'Marie' is in her room. The poor girl is exhausted."

"Alright, Silver go to your room: you need to sleep too."

I nod and head to my room. But when I'm in my bed looking at the ceiling I can't sleep. I'm really tired but something is bothering me. Finally I decide to get up and knok at marie's door. My phone vibrates: it's a message from "Marie".

[Demonia:

You can enter]

I open the door and see 'Marie', sitting on the bed looking at her phone. I enter and close the door behind me. As I walk near her, she looks at me. I sit next to her. 

"Are you feeling a bit better ?"

"A little bit." 

She tap something and send it.

"I told you mother about my memories because earlier when I started crying it was because ..."

She search for her word for a minute. 

"Because of the family thing, right ?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound jealous or envious..."

"I mean you've the right to feel this way: you don't remember yours."

'Marie' go silent for a minute and I don't say anything. After a few minutes she whispers:

"Silver are we some kind of friends?"

I laugh. 

"Do we need some kind of certificate for this ?"

She put her head on my shoulder. 

"I don't know, do we ?"

"Of course not, Demonia."

She sigh, reliefed.

"Yes I consider you as my friend, Demonia. Even tough you're the loner kind. I should be the one to ask you this because your the one who didn't want friends."

I sense her smile. 

"It's just...It's weird because I feel like I invade people life, coming out of nowhere. Just like how I arrived in the Miller's life. They probably didn't ask to find a french girl with no memories on the side of the road."

"I mean, they didn't ask to meet you but they wished to keep and help you. It was their choice. You see, that's the thing about relationship: you don't choose to meet someone, you choose to stay in contact with them."

"I see, I think I understand what you mean." 

"So Demonia, are you willing to be my friend ?" I laugh.

"Yeah sure, if you're asking so gently."

She looks at the corner of the bedroom. 

"She's here ?" I ask. 

"Yeah, she's not happy," she respond rolling her eyes. "What ? You're never happy."

I take a pillow and throw it at the corner. 'Marie' looked surprised and laugh. 

"Why did you do that?" She says laughing.

"I'm chasing evil spirit. So do you want to watch a movie or do I let you go to sleep?" I ask.

"A movie would be nice."

I nod and go grap my computer. We watch movies until she fall asleep on my shoulder. Tomorrow will be rough for the Miller and 'Marie'. I hope it will be alright.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 17.1K 53
Cameron James had the perfect life. For the past eight years he's been happily married to the first and only woman he's ever loved. What happens when...
479 0 30
After spending a long period of time inside of a hospital after getting into a tragic accident that caused her to lose her memories, Christy meets Ga...
Blackout. [COMPLETED] By Eve

Mystery / Thriller

8.8K 154 26
A person's life is shaped and moulded around their history and their future. Their memories and secrets create the person that they are, and their ho...
115 0 24
It all began at the lake. The clear water, the hidden secrets, the ever present memories; they all stay there. One lake, one summer, one lifetime. Th...