Breaking the Mold (Alex Morga...

By mskr43

Ellie Taylor, a young woman from a renowned wrestling family in Canada, takes her own path and pursues her pa... More

Heh, you'll surely enjoy the weather down there more than up here
Sounds like a plan
Yeah, they're all great.
Does this feel fake!?
Where could they be going?
Hey! I'm trying
Here we go
I've got 3 rules
C'mere you little basterd
Commitment to Excellence
Another day, another struggle...
Once a Stinger, Always a Stinger
True as true can be
I've got many more ideas locked in this brain of mine
Olympic Champions
Now, if you don't mind...
If they aren't fighting back enough, mug 'em
A new league, Same old team
She ain't worth it
Why not? I'm feeling lucky
Anyway, John thinks that...
That's what friends are for
Whatever means necessary
The Autumn Wind
Let's play like hell
Jesus, you clearly still got it
Anything to help the team
Just win!
I don't blame you. Y'all deserve it.
So'hara
Damn, you two are cute
You wanna swing it? Swing it
Goodbye, Oakland
Wasted Years
Los Angeles Stingers
Anytime, Jenny
Can I kiss you?
Let's do this
No PDA, O'Hara
You feel the burn when you cry
It's going to be okay
I guess I can't deny that one
We come out there to win, and when we win, we win big
Anywhere I Roam
Dream big and never give up
Don't fall in
I love the game. I love the league. I love my team.
Why is shit so fucked up?
Your commitment to excellence and will to win will endure forever
Cry me a river.
Find a way to get it done
That's the way she goes
It's fun time!
Every hero becomes a bore at last

You're a Stinger, and Stingers don't give up

327 9 0
By mskr43

I heard machines beeping, my head pounding as I slowly opened my eyes, my vision blurry. My face felt extremely swollen and puffed up as I was blinded by the bright light above me, I felt someone holding my hand while I was figuring out where I am. I turned my head slightly and saw my mom, tears stained on her cheeks as she smiled. I tried to speak but my mouth hurt too much so I just looked up at her.

"Oh Kayla," She said, "I'm so sorry. I should have done something before he stomped on you. I should have been there to protect you from him doing this to you."

I shook my head, "D-do-don, a-po-po-po...gize," I said, my speech slurred and garbled due to the swelling.

My mom nodded and wiped her tears away, holding my hand tightly, "Thank you Kayla. Thank you for being so brave and standing up to him. You're an amazing daughter and I'm so proud of you."

"D-di-d co-ps get hi-m?" I managed to ask

"Yes, I called 911 and I got him with the pepper spray you gave me. Then I grabbed a pan and, you know, dinged him over the head." She said, "They arrived within minutes and took him away."

I smiled and the pain was unbearable. Mom must've recognized my discomfort as she quickly stood up, "I'll get the nurse," She said before quickly walking away.

I just laid there, my head pounding and my face swollen, but I felt at peace. I may have been hurt, but I stood up to him once again, and I don't regret it. He's being put away, and that's all that matters. A minute passed before the nurse walked in, followed by my mom.

"Hey Kayla, how are you feeling?" The nurse asked, her voice full of concern.

"T-ter-ter-erible," I said, my voice still slurred. The nurse nodded before walking around the bed and checking my vitals, and then she whispered something to my mom before walking out the room. My mom sat back down in the seat next to my bed, a look of hope written all over her face.

"D-d-do-does El-ie-e know?" I asked, my voice still slurred.

My mom nodded, "Yes, she does. Alex, Kelley and your whole team came to visit while you were out. Even your Coach and the owner of your team visited. They were really worried about you. They're still worried."

I nodded and sighed, thankful for my team, "T-they-ey a-are a-aw-aw-esome," I said, my voice still slurred.

My mom smiled and rubbed my arm, "They really are," She said, "Now get some rest, okay? You need all the rest you can get."

I nodded and closed my eyes, the pain slowly fading away. My team was there for me, and I know I can count on them to be there for me again if I ever need them. Hours later, I slowly opened my eyes to see a figure standing next to my bed. I blinked my eyes a few times and recognized the familiar face of Al, his glasses hanging on his shirt, his red, graying hair standing out in the room as his blue eyes stared down at me.

"Kayla, don't worry about the medical bills. I'm taking care of it," He said, his voice soft and gentle. "You won't give up, you'll recover from this. You're a Stinger, and Stingers don't give up."

********

Ellie's POV

Seeing Kayla in that hospital bed, her face all puffed up and swollen broke my heart. Here was one of my closest friends, who is always sticking up for everyone, now laying in a bed, her face unrecognizable. We didn't know what the full story was until her mom told us the whole story, and I wished I knew what was happening so I could help, but there's nothing I, or any of us can do now but be here for Kayla. John has been visiting regularly, and Al comes in at 10am everyday.

I felt Alex wrap her arm around me as I sat outside Kayla's hospital room, my head in my hands. "She'll put through and recover from this." She said, rubbing circles on my back.

"I know," I leaned back in my seat and sighed, "I just can't really wrap my head around the fact she didn't tell us what was going on."

Alex nodded, knowing what I was saying. "I know how you're feeling about it. She probably didn't want to bother any of us with her problems."

"Mhmm."

"How about we go out and get a bite to eat?" She suggested and I nodded before we both stood up and walked out of the hospital hand in hand together. We got in her car and she drove to a small little Café just a few blocks away. The two of us sat at a table outside and ordered some food and a cup of coffee.

I stared out onto the street and watched all the people walk by, the cars on the road that went past until Alex reached over the table and held my hand. I turned my head and was met by her warm smile and blue eyes, something that gives me some sort of peace. I smiled back at her and squeezed her hand, thankful for having someone like her in my life.

*******

Kelley's POV

Turns out that the rumored trade between Portland and Oakland was that we'd receive Allie and Sonnett in exchange for a sum of money and a draft pick. Allie got her own place down here and I offered to let Sonnett to move in and be my roommate, something that made me feel quite excited. She accepted, and has already made the move.

"How's Kayla?"

I looked up from my book I was reading. "Hm?"

"Kayla. How's she doing?" Emily asked again while sitting on the couch, going through a box of hers.

"She's awake, and slowly recovering." I said, taking a sip from my mug of coffee, "I feel like we as a team should've at least known, but if I was her, I wouldn't have told anyone."

Emily nodded, sorting through her clothes. "As long as she's okay, then that's a good thing."

I set my mug down on the table and went back to reading my book. After that game weeks ago, everyone involved in the fight was fined quite a bit from the league, but Al paid off our fines instead of us touching our own money.

Honestly, Al Stevens is one of the best owners of a team I've known. He looks out for his players, always helps them out with stuff, and he has a good eye for talent. Him going against the NWSL with this ongoing lawsuit is a massive act of defiance, he hates the current commissioner, hates when someone from the Federation sticks their noses into his business and isn't afraid of fighting against them. I just love that he instantly signed me and welcomed me back with open arms when Sky Blue screwed me over years ago. Emily and Allie met him when they came down here and both of them felt intimidated by him, but I told them that he's a good guy and not to get on his bad side.

I finished the chapter I was reading and bookmarked it before closing the book and getting up to walk to the kitchen to rinse out my mug. I couldn't help but think of Kayla, and the sight of her puffed up, swollen face. It was like I was looking at a different person, but I know she'll need a lot of help and I'm ready to lend a hand for her just like all of us want to. I stared out the window, the sun casting a bright light over all the tall buildings in Oakland, the sky a clear blue as I got lost in my own thoughts.

*******

Jenny's POV

I'm excited. Vince loved my idea to turn face and change my character and on the first Raw since the conversation, they had Charlotte come out to cut a promo and make fun of me, and during her match later that night, I came through the crowd and attacked Charlotte before slipping out through the crowd. The fans ate it all up and the pop was massive. The next Monday after that, I did the same thing again, go through the fans, hit the ring, attack Charlotte, and escape through the fans. Last week they had Charlotte cut a big promo on me and the whole Blue Bolt thing, while calling me a 'Nugget' in the process and during her match that night, I came through the crowd and attacked her once again before leaving through the crowd. Now tonight, Stephanie is going to come out and call me out, then I'll come through the crowd, enter the ring, and cut a promo.

I was in a different part of the arena as I heard Stephanie cut a promo about how I'm endangering the ringside fans with my antics over the last few weeks and I stood around and paced back and forth while waiting for my cue. "I'd like to remind you Jenny, you are still under contract with the WWE. And as such, I'm ordering you to appear in this ring right now."

That was it. That was my cue to walk out. I walked through into the crowd and made my way towards the guard railing, the fans cheering and patting my back as I walked up to the railing, and jumped over it. I walked over to the ring steps and walked up onto the apron, staring at Stephanie with my sunglasses on before I stepped through the ropes. The crowd was chanting my name as I walked towards Stephanie as she started to speak.

"What is this all about? And who do you think you are?" She asked and I looked down and took my sunglasses off while looking pissed off.

I stared into her eyes before I spoke, "Who do I think I am? Who the hell do you think you are?! Do you think I owe you a goddamn apology!?" I said in a raised tone, pointing my finger at her. "I don't owe you a goddamn thing, I'm sick and tired of trying to please everyone else around here and the bullshit stops right here."

The entire crowd popped at that line and I felt really happy about it, even though I'm acting pissed off, and I knew the censors would be running wild over it too. "Now I've spent 4 years breaking my back, day after day, to earn a reputation in this company, and nobody, and I mean nobody, is gonna run me out of this company," I say while poking Stephanie's chest, "And you know, exactly who I'm talking about."

Stephanie smirked and l held the mic up towards her, "Oh yeah, I have a real good idea who you're talking about. You're talking about the WWE Women's Champion Charlotte Flair, and is that what it's really all about, Jenny? Huh?"

I wasn't looking at her, or even facing her as she spoke, and I turned my head to look at her while she continued, "Isn't this really what this whole thing is about? You, attempting to gain the only title that's eluded you in your career here? It's all about the Women's Title, isn't it?"

She held the mic in front of me to answer her, and I gave her another angry look. "How stupid are you? Is that what you think this is about!?!" I shouted, "You think I give a damn about a worthless title, a piece of leather with tin on it?! This is real life, Stephanie. This is real life, my life, my reputation, my respect and my dignity. And McMahon, don't you get me wrong, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you exactly what I'm going to do. And that is...." The crowd roared with cheers, signs being held up as I looked at the crowd before looking back at Stephanie, "And that is to make Charlotte Flair's life a living hell. I don't care what you call me, you can call me anything, I don't give a shit." I then looked over at the hard camera, "Charlotte Flair! This is not a game, this is real life. And you started it, and now.....it's time for this, 'Little Nugget', to end it."

The crowd response was so good that I can't wait for this angle to continue. Hopefully it'll establish me as a main eventer even though I've been in big matches during the past 4 years.

********

Kayla's POV

The swelling of my face has gone down a bit after a few days, but the pain still lingers. Everyone is still visiting me, making me smile despite my current situation. Mom is currently at home and despite my dad being in jail now, I'm still worried something will happen to her. She's reassured me that it's all over, but I don't know if that's true. The door opened and I turned my head slightly to see who it was, and I was met with the sight of one of the nurses, Amber, who I've gotten to know real well during my stay here. She's from Australia who came over here to America to work as a nurse, apparently they don't pay nurses much over there and that's why Amber came here.

"Hey, just coming to check on you and see how you're feeling." She said with a smile, her Australian accent very noticeable.

"I'm still alive, don't worry." I say in a sarcastic tone and she smiled and gently smacked my shoulder, "Hey,"

Amber was smirking as she checked my vitals and I caught her taking a few little looks at me once and awhile, one of those looks that someone's interested in you. I honestly don't think anyone would be interested in me. Relationships haven't been my thing since High School, mainly because some bad shit went down that I'd rather forget. Sometimes I've thought that there could be someone out there that could change my mind and sway me into a relationship, but that's not really important in my opinion.

"Right," She finished checking my vitals and all that other important stuff before looking at me, "Anything else you need before I go?"

I thought about it for a second, and grinned. "Yeah, there is." I said, "Can you get me a big greasy burger with some chips and soda on the side?"

Amber laughed, "Nice try," She said, "You know you can't have that stuff in here."

"Augh," I groaned, "You're no fun. The food here is so boring."

Amber smirked, "Suck it up, buttercup. Now as much as I'd like to stay and chat, I gotta go help out some other patients." She said before walking out the door. I saw her through the window on the wall facing the hallway in the hospital looking back at me, and she winked before walking away. I laid back in my hospital bed and sighed, my mind wandering to Amber. I quickly brushed those thoughts away and turned my head to the window facing outside, watching the sun slowly set.

Maybe one day, I'll find someone that can make me forget about my past and make me happy. But for now, I'd rather focus on recovering from my injuries, taking care of my mom, and getting back onto that soccer field.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 90.2K 42
Riley's past isn't something most kids go through. Bad things happened, but when she got older, her dad decided it was best to move, and get away fro...
195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...
60.9K 2.7K 38
Fresh off of her intense break up with John Mayer, Taylor Swift is unable to write the love songs that her label thinks will round out her newest alb...
250K 6K 51
Rose is a college student hoping for a scholarship to play woman's football in America so she can reunite with her father. However, Rose falls for a...