Of Forgotten Dreams (Book 1)...

By koneesha

Discovering a world of unimaginable powers and Immortals and her place in it, Yun must learn to wield her pow... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Face claims

Chapter 44

1 0 0
By koneesha

Yun opened her eyes again, the sunlight shining from over her.

No, it shined through her.

It shined through her as she fell.

The wind was somehow gentle around her, and she appreciated it, the feeling of floating not foreign to her.

Voices were all around her.

She heard people shouting at one point, the roaring of armies what she imagined it would be like if she had ever heard one in real life.

She heard someone calling out her name, the rustling of bushes accompanying the dulled thudding of footsteps. Confusion, hope and anxiety were mixed in their voice.

She heard someone talking to themselves, mumbling about how they couldn't protect her.

She heard many things as she kept falling and falling and falling.

The light shining through her gave her warmth, but it also blinded her. She had no idea where she was.

She was just floating downwards there.

Time was a torture to her, with no way out, no way of knowing. She felt like she was falling, forever to no end.

Then, she dropped.

Falling, and falling and falling, gaining speed. She reached out her arms but there was nothing to grab onto, and the wind did not listen to her commands to cushion her.

Falling and falling and falling.

The terror she felt was overwhelming at this point, the wind whooshing by her ears, drowning out the last of her sense.

A woman's voice was by her ear though, clear as day.

"This was how you were chosen. And why your powers were so strong. You will be reborn into the exact same day and time as you did, so the callings of your destiny will be amplified more than any of my other Chosen ones, Yun."

She remembered hearing that voice, and then, a pitch black enveloped her.

"You're different."

• ───────────────── •

Yun sat at the open window, swishing in the wind with her fingers. She felt the current dance around her hair as she did so, her eyes looking far away.

It had been a while since anything exciting happen, and she was content with the peace that she was living in now. Her training had slowed down significantly as well, with Lord Xu leaving her to train in weapons with Ying while he went off somewhere.

She had a feeling it had concerned her training as well, but she did not get answers to her questions on the matter.

Once, she had asked Ying on where Xiao went, but the answer that she got was "where he is supposed to be." As was what Lord Xu had told him as well.

That worried her a little as to where he was supposed to be, because she knew that he was out somewhere, and it could be anywhere. And with all the free thoughts running around in her head, she assumed the worst.

The journey back home was too far. So, what she could do, was only to believe that everything was the way it was supposed to be, although she could easily be wrong.

Knocks came from the paneled door, and it slid open as Yun turned over to the visitor.

"Yun, Qi Die sent for you." Ying said simply, leaning forwards on the panel. "She wants you to go for lunch with her."

Yun nodded. "Thank you for telling me. I'll be sure to go."

She had expected Ying to slide the panel close again and leave but Ying just continued leaning on the panel.

"Is something else the matter?"

"Can I go with you? Lord Xu has been busy the whole week and I'm starting to get bored of training." She smiled sheepishly.

"Sure." Yun immediately nodded.

Ying cheered and bounced away, forgetting to slide the door close again while Yun looked on and smiled.

No matter what happens, at least she was starting to feel like she had a second home here.

═════════════════

The Pavilion of Butterflies was bustling with people the moment that she stepped into the arched gateway. Servants were running in and out while the maidservants were running around tidying away.

"What is going on?" Ying asked, narrowly avoiding a servant that was balancing several huge boxes as she turned around.

Yun just shook as head as she walked past them and right into the main hall, where she spotted Ling hurrying out.

"Milady!" She yelled halfway through the hall and quickly covered her mouth quickly after.

Yun just smiled and quickened her footsteps over to her.

"Milady," Ling whispered, casting a glance at Ying standing behind her. "I was just about to go to the Palace of Excellence to fetch you. You've come at just the right time!"

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise that Qi Die wants to tell you herself." She tugged on Yun's hands, and soon the three of them started down the winding paths until they reached Qi Die's room.

Qi Die was walking around, packing up her clothing as Yun stood at the door, observing her. Ling quickly stood next to her, eyes darting to and from between her two mistresses.

Her Pipa was picked up, and placed next to her clothes. Qi Die's fingers brushed across the solid wood, before finally noticing that someone was at the door, and lifted her head.

"Yun!"

"Consort Qi Die." Yun curtsied in a greeting, and Qi Die did the same.

"It would appear as though you are leaving."

"Yes, I am." Qi Die nodded, smiling.

"And to where, if I may know?"

"To Guiying."

Yun froze until the name Guiying registered.

Home.

"When?"

"We leave tomorrow. By carriage."

"I... see." Yun nodded weakly. Feelings were boiling up in her, and she suddenly felt like crying, although she blinked a few more times to push the tears back.

"So, you had better pack as well. You might have fewer belongings than me, but the essentials are still essentials."

"What?" Yun mouth fell open. I have to pack as well?

"You will get to go to Guiying as well, Yun." Qi Die confirmed, nodding as the sides of her lips stretched out into a smile.

"I can... go home?" Tears immediately welled out this time, not even giving her time to react, until she felt that her cheeks were wet.

It had never occurred to her that she would get to go back. "But... But Ying?"

Hands clasped her shoulders and then Ying was over her left shoulder, giggling. "I knew. And Lord Xu already gave you permission to leave before he left. And I wanted to see your reaction, that's why I followed along."

"Milady, here."

Through her teary gaze, she could see a handkerchief being held out to her.

"Thank you, Ling." She choked on a sob as she took the silk cloth and dabbed it to her eyes.

"Qi Die, you don't know what this means to me."

"Thank you so much." She whispered, smiling gratefully at Qi Die.

"It was the least I could do after you gave me all that I have now." Qi Die said, patting her hands as well. "I might never know how a home feels like, but I feel happy seeing how happy it makes you."

Yun could only sniffle. All the things that she never thought she could have, all of them suddenly came tumbling back into her lap.

Especially her father, she was going to get to see her father again.

Words could not even begin to describe how she was feeling, so she stopped making sense of her feelings, and just let herself feel completely. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131 22 12
** ONC 2023 ** Psyche lives in the darkness of the abyss, with worshippers occasionally providing moments of light. A sad result of making enemies w...
1.3K 338 44
A broken warrior, a murdered priestess, a victorious enemy. All hope seems lost, but Maigred will not stop fighting for her people. *** After his be...
23.9K 963 28
After experiencing a strange, bizarre event back at his home, our MC must now face challenges that might lead to his demise. Gifted with powers that...
486 18 16
"If only you could stay here forever..." "I wish I could but..." Fantasy/Soulmate AU Yunsang ff ---------------- A story where a not-so-small boy t...