ROGUE| DICK GRAYSON

By rxxner

[Book 1: The Bandit Series] "You're the worst human being on the face of the planet." "Aww, I think t... More

ROGUE
prologue
Act i
i. routine
ii. red arrow
iii. new alliances
iv. clayface
v. superboy, the genomorph
vi. martians
vii. red hoodie
viii. lola
ix. out of my head
x. clones
xi. real leader
xii. guide to quitting
xiii. a sandy mess
xiv. ghost boy
xv. the mighty zeus
xvi. a wayne ball
xvii. memory loss
xviii. football
xix. the bratva
xx. traitor
xxi. planet of the apes
xxii. joker
xxiii. sacrifice
xxiv. august
xxv. pre-paid therapy
xxvi. chocolate cake with sprinkles
xxvii. percy and levi
xxviii. tired of fear
xxix. fucking lapdogs
xxxi. required taste
xxxii. lost voice
xxxiii. daring dangers
xxxiv. boy of steel
xxxv. family secrets
xxxvi. same old roy
xxxvii. no goodbye
act ii.
xxxviii. earth
xxxix. abaddon
xl. the pit
xli. new trainer
xlii. best of friends
xliii. god of thunder
xliv. nightwing
xlv. losing valerie
xlvi. jason
xlvii. desperate times equals desperate measures
xlviii. don't be silly
xlix. nemesis
l. picking fights
li. rowan's destiny
lii. blake arrow harper
liii. dead girl walking
liv. o'captain
lv. poseidon's right-hand man
lvi. nysa
lvii. the perfect life
lviii. the recruiter for death
lix. one last night
lx. no mourners
lxi. my captain
lxii. after the world has fallen
epilogue
Author's note + new books!

xxx. the three words

2.3K 107 21
By rxxner

"Hello, Megan! The pilot episode." The little boy grinned, holding up the tape.

Rowan smiled at Garfield, glad that he could still seem to find happiness even in a war with his country. She began to bounce her leg on the ground to pass time, but two hands grabbed her waist, halting her movements. 

She looked behind her in confusion as she still sat on Robin's lap. Then she saw how he had his head back and his eyes and mouth screwed shut. Rowan smirked but decided against making this mission any harder for him.

"Woah, you still have VHS?" Kid Flash bantered back at the young boy, "Where's your eight-track?"

Before anyone could answer, Superboy shouted, "Wait!" Rowan immediately stood up, allowing Robin to let out a breath, "Aircraft, headed this way."

They all ran out, and all they saw were miles of dirt plains. Until a loud noise was heard from the sky—three fighter planes were barreling toward the group.

Rowan's eyes widened in fear as she recognized the formation the jets were in, "Run!" That's when they began to shoot.

Marie Logan and M'gann sprinted toward them, but Conner got to the two and saved them. 

"Where's my son?"

The girl's breathing started to quicken. 

"I ordered him to stay inside."

Rowan's heart dropped. If he's anything like Lola, he wouldn't follow orders. He would save everyone he could, especially if they were in danger. Her eyes caught the big, red barn in the distance. The animals.

Before anyone had any time to react, Rogue sprinted toward the barn, hoping to have enough time to save the young boy. The girl was almost there as he opened the barn door and smiled, an animal escaping, "Don't worry! I saved the animals."

"Garfield, run!" His face dropped as he looked over to see a plane shooting at the barn. A bullet must have hit a gas tank as a huge explosion pushed her into the air.

It felt like she was flying in those seconds. Everything was carefree and lively for the first time in forever. In those moments—as nice as it was—was terrifying. Rowan couldn't even save the kid, how was she supposed to survive in Olympus? Scratch that, how's she supposed to survive this fall?

As she fell onto the dirt, it felt like she was a ragdoll. Her body bounced and flipped as it reached the ground. Her bones crushing and breaking all at once. 

Once everything finally settled, Rowan fucking hurt. She was sure a few bones were broken, a few huge gashes, and a major concussion, but nothing she hasn't been through before. 

So, with all that, Rowan groaned as she stood up. KF sped toward her, helping her stand with an arm around her waist, holding her up. 

"How's the kid?" Blood poured into her mouth from her nose, but she just spat it the other way.

KF didn't dare use his speed, knowing it'll worsen her condition and piss her off, "Guessing shock, but I don't know for sure." He didn't know if he should ask her if she was okay when she was clearly not as she kept spitting blood out.

Robin finally reached them, holding Rowan's head in his hands, checking to see how bad her injuries were. KF could tell he was trying to hold in his anger.

Once they finally reached the house, the redhead slowly sat Rowan on an armchair and Dick immediately went to her. 

Robin squatted in front of Rowan, checking closely on her limbs to see if anything was severely broken. The boy liked the girl a lot more than he should, but whenever she did shit like this, it terrified him to like her. What if she left him and he never got a goodbye?

He went to pull up her shirt to check her ribs, but Rowan groggily spoke, "If you wanted to, just ask." Robin held in his smirk as he was deciding to act mad to try to get her to realize how stupid she acted. After he was done checking her ribs to find two broken, the boy grabbed her face and leaned her down so he could check her head. But, it proved to be hard as she wouldn't stop moving away, "No."

Robin sighed, "I'm trying my best to be patient, Rowan. So, please don't make this any harder." Why couldn't she just see how much he cared for her?

The girl sighed and looked down at the boy, "I love you." Dick froze, comprehending what she just said. His heart started to beat faster in excitement. Rowan most definitely had a major concussion, but his own words couldn't help but tumble out of his mouth.

"I love you."

Her lips curved into the biggest smile ever, causing him to match hers. Robin laughed quietly and looked back up at her, "Now, will you please be good for me and let me examine your injuries?"

Rowan smirked, "Touch me as you like, Robin." 

The boy's cheeks reddened, she sure knew how to make him blush and feel all gooey inside. He didn't know how else to explain it. Rowan made him all soft inside and he liked the feeling of her being with him.

As he inspected her injuries, the boys came out of the room where Garfield was held, unconscious. KF was about to talk but smirked once he saw the two and gave him a thumbs-up. 

Robin rolled his eyes but smirked, "KF, find a news station."

The speedster did as told and grabbed two remotes, "Sure, which remote is it?" He just pressed a random one and the VHS tape began to play, this got Rowan's attention.

She turned her head toward the TV and watched the woman who looked exactly like M'gann, talk on the TV. Then 'Conner' showed on the screen, causing her to laugh a little too loud. 

M'gann walked in making KF struggle to change the channel. 

"It's finally done." Rowan's head swung over to the martian, but it was a bad idea as her head began to hurt like a bitch. 

"Is-is he okay?" 

M'gann nodded, "Maybe. The blood transfusion should work, but it's also with my Martian blood that I shape-shifted to be O-negative." 

Rowan didn't seem to follow any of that as her brain wasn't able to comprehend anything at that moment. 

The news began to play, broadcasting the president of Qurac giving a speech. The girl put her head back, not planning on listening to the speech. It seemed to be important as they spotted Psimon, the psychic from Bialya—the place where the team saw her true self. 

As the team spoke about Psimon, Rowan began to drift off as she was so tired. But, Robin quickly nudged her awake, "You have to stay awake, got it?"

The girl groaned, her eyes struggling to stay open, "You got it, sweetheart."

Marie Logan stepped out of the room, "I think it worked. Garfield's stable now."

"Good, because we have our mission." Rowan began to stand up but quickly got pushed back down by Superboy, his arms crossed.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Rowan rolled her eyes, "Wherever the team is going, dumbass. Now, move."

The rest of the team stood by him, "Listen, Row, you're hurt and not right. Just stay off this one."

The girl grunted, trying to get up one more time, but got pushed down again, "Will you stop doing that?"

"No."

Rowan scoffed and sunk into the chair, "Fine, be assholes. Just know that I'll wax off all your eyebrows in your sleep, you dickwads."

The team just grunted back, knowing she'll not fulfill the threat. Robin watched the rest of the team leave and looked down at his girlfriend.

"Stay awake and be safe, promise?" He kissed the crown of her head, "Love you."

Rowan's heart warmed up, "Promise. Love you."

With that, he talked to Marie Logan and then left, leaving the two to sit in each other's presence awkwardly.

Marie looked at the girl, "That boy loves you, y'know that?"

Rowan sighed with a sad smile, "I know."

"Then why do you have that sad look in your eyes?"

Her eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"You remind me of me when I was younger. I had strict parents who told me how to live and that gave me that same look in my eye. You feel trapped and you don't how to escape. And, how do we both see love? We see love as another cage ready to entrap us."

Rowan tilted her head slightly, "Then how did you get Garfield?"

Marie just laughed, "Truth be told, I don't even know his father. It was a drunken night and even before then, I never found someone to love."

"Isn't Garfield just another trap?"

"At first, yes. But, now he's the only love I need." Her eyes twinkled as she spoke about her son, "He's perfect in every way and even if he does have flaws, I love them as I was the one to create them."

Rowan smiled at the woman, "I think you just overexplained what commitment issues are, Miss Logan."

"So, what if I did? But, the point is, there's always a way out. So, if you feel trapped, just look for another loophole."

The girl snickered but found her advice to be of no help. That's what she's been doing all these months, but there's nothing. 

"You're a good reader, Miss Logan."

The red-headed woman smiled warmly at the young girl, "Please, call me Marie." She grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from the coffee table, "And, here's my number if you need any other advice or just to talk. It gets lonely here with no other girls to relate to."

Rowan read the number and looked back up at her with a smile, "Will do, Marie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 21 10
Requests sent in the first page or if anonymous DM me! I don't judge! Please read the dos and don'ts list on the first page!
670K 21.9K 200
Basically Robin/Dick Grayson is my favourite DC character, don't judge me, so this is all my random ideas that I have compiled together. Don't expect...
492K 11K 66
Just a random book of Young Justice imagines I'll be doing. I'll take any requests if people leave any, but for now, I'll do whatever characters I ca...
78.6K 2.2K 16
Kayla Carlisle, bitten by a radioactive spider and given in-human abilities. On the field she is well known for being the witty, smart and headstrong...