Lone Wolff | Charles Leclerc

By veerleo

Teddy Wolff, the estranged daughter of the CEO, team principal, and co-owner of Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula... More

characters
00 - when i grow up
01 - welcome to mercedes
02 - that's how we roll
03 - coffee to go
04 - first party of the season
05 - the day after
06 - jeddah jet lag
08 - charles and the coffee date
09 - he's totally flirting with you
010 - you're not alone
11 - the great down under
12 - karaoke time
13 - you make me crazy
14 - champagne showers
15 - rumor has it
16 - sweaters and sweet kisses
17 - monaco adventures
18 - karting and partying
19 - smooth casanova
20 - yacht escapades

07 - mick and marvel movies

846 22 2
By veerleo

After the long meeting about our course of action, the planning and strategy for the rest of the weekend had ended - and after I had explained to George what I had meant by getting my heart broken by Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans as he apparently hadn't been able to think about anything else during the meeting, we were all glad the long work day was over for some of us.

 "I'm gonna watch some marvel movies with Mick tonight in my hotel room. Just a relaxing evening, while you guys all need to go to some more important press stuff that we weren't invited to. I think we win on this one." I said excitedly and left George as I saw Mick exit the room and we went to get our ride back to the hotel. We were both quite hungry after the meeting which had been over two hours. I was happy to change into some comfortable clothing and just relax all evening and get to know Mick a little bit better. He was the reserve driver for Mercedes and he was going to be around at most of the Grand Prix. I liked having him around and it does help to have another 'the child of' around to talk about the dynamics that come with it the title. All the times I had talked to him before he had been quite shy when we were in big groups, just observing what was going on, but he was very chatty and bubbly when we were alone or just with a smaller groups. He was really friendly to me and made me feel welcome in the F1 bubble. As he seemed a bit shy and introverted I had been surprised that he had asked for a movie night, but I was really excited to spend an evening with him. It was important to have some relaxing nights when possible on chaotic weekends like this. 

The drive back to the hotel had consisted of ordering the pizzas and discussing which movies we were going to see with a lot of giggles, because if we wanted to see two, we had to know which one before we would start watching as there were many trilogies or duologies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and we had different opinions. We eventually decided that we were indeed going to watch Infinity War and Endgame and get heart broken.

We had quickly got into some more comfortable clothes in our rooms and freshen up and he had dropped his stuff back at his own room as we were going to sit in mine. In a few minutes, I had tried to make the room a little less messy, as I had had no intention this week of organizing my stuff due to the horrible jet lag, but now I had to. I had changed into comfy grey sweatpants and a black tank top and put on my black thin framed round glasses.

A few minutes later he knocked on my door, revealing himself in a sweatpants and black top as well and another few minutes later the pizza arrived. Perfect timing. We put on the first film on and made ourselves comfortable on my big two-person bed with pillow behind our backs. I wanted to take a picture and put it on my Instagram stories as I hadn't let the world know anything about this weekend and the only thing that people had seen of me was a press photo of me outside in the sun, laying with my head on a table as I had a moment of peace and almost falling asleep, while it had only been 11 am. It was hilarious, but I had no energy to think about what I wanted to put out into the world. I had tried to actively put some small moments on my Instagram stories to archive my life and also give people the smallest insight into my life as they seem to like it. I also just loved collecting memories like that, so I thought this could be one of those moments. It was such a simple basic moment in such a new and luxorious world.

 "Oh, do you mind if I tag you in my Instgramstory?" I realized suddenly that I should ask him before I posted anything, holding up the phone screen with the picture to him as he had just put a slice of pizza in his mouth, his eyebrows raised. I giggled at the adorable sight. He shrugged with a nod as he tried to swallow the piece of pizza.

 "Oh that's totally fine, Teddy." He answered with a smile and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. I nodded and posted a casual picture of our legs on my bed with my pizza and the big tv that was showing Infinity War with the text: 'well deserved (heart) break after a long day at work @ mickschumacher' 

I put away the phone and took a slice of my pizza. It was a good one.

 "We made a good choice." I said while covering my mouth as I chewed on the pizza. Mick chuckled and nodded with a big smile on his lips. I pulled my legs towards myself to sit cross-legged on the bed as we watched the beginning of Infinity War.

 "Who's your favorite?" Mick suddenly asked and I frowned at him confused. "Of the superhero's I mean." He further explained with a small chuckle as I made an 'oh' sound. We laughed for a moment and I looked back at Mick.

 "Uh depends. I do quite like Bucky ever since I watched the first Captain America movie back when that one came out. But I also like Loki, but he isn't a superhero and Wanda Maximoff of course." I answered as I caught his gaze again and I gave him a smile. "But it's such a basic answer for a girl, I know, but what can you do, it's the truth." I made him laugh and it was a very genuine-sounding laugh. We had such a comfortable understanding of each other, without really knowing the other person that well. I grinned and hit him softly in the stomach. 

"Ouch, that's just not fair." The blonde boy jokingly complained. 

 "Life's not fair." I joked back and we both laughed.

 "No need to get all moody and gloomy with me here." He said, stealing one of my pizza slices as he had already finished his and I was eating slowly.

 "Hey!" I exclaimed and tried to steal my pizza slice back, not that I would be able to finish my pizza before it was getting cold, but simply because I wanted to do so. We laughed again and I almost knocked over his bottle of diet coke with my knee. We jokingly wrestled for a few seconds for no good reason and the second he put his hand on my side and squeezed it so softly and it made me squirm out of his grasp with a loud and uncontrollable giggle, turning red with my eyes wide.

 "Oh you are ticklish!" He exclaimed excitedly with a mischievous smile and I crawled back to where I had been sitting before.

 "No, no no. Don't you dare, Mick!" I warned him with a little panicked giggle and he raised his hands in defense. I hated it when people knew I was ticklish and use it against me.

 "I wouldn't dare." He grinned wickedly and his ocean blue eyes looked down at my bare arm and stared at it. It took me a second to realize that he was observing the tattoos that I had. I had a minimalistic figure of a woman on the back of my arm with sunflowers instead of a head and butterflies around her - this was quite a large one - and a sun and moon, all on the upper arm. The moon I got with my friend group. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks as I wasn't really a fan of being looked at like that and it was also the reason why I kept my tattoos to myself and covered myself up, without knowingly doing so. I hadn't fully realized that Mick didn't know about my tattoos and that I had changed into a tank top that showed them. I looked at Mick, whose eyes slowly looked back up at me with the sweetest smile.

 "I didn't know you had a tattoo. It's so cool!" He spoke excitedly. 

 "Three actually and probably more to come." I corrected him with a grin and showed him the inner part of my arm so that he could actually see what I had decorated it with. His blue irises scanned my right upper arm with full interest, almost wanting to touch them as he had lift his hand a bit as it was the first time he saw a tattoo in real life. I knew many people had opinions about them, but Mick looked like a toddler who saw their favorite Disney character for the first time as he looked at them. "The moon I got with my friends, the sun I added later on."

 "They suit you really well!" He exclaimed and he sounded quite German when he said that and he finished my slice of pizza and settled himself closer next to me on the bed. "The large one on the back of your arm is really pretty." I tried to look at the back of my arm, but that was physically almost impossible. I beamed.

 "Thanks, Mick! The tattoo means a lot to me, I got it when I was not doing so well and it illustrates that you have to be positive and keep growing and spreading your wings, even when life is hard on yourself." I softly explained and the golden boy was hanging onto my lips, listening very carefully.

 "Enjoy the butterflies, like Daniel always said." He spoke kindly and I looked up at him. I hadn't met the famous Daniel yet, but I had heard so much about him and what had happened with him and Mick last year that they were somewhat fucked over in not having an F1 seat and both of them had to settle on a reserve seat. My lips curve upwards and I nodded.

 "Exactly. Keep growing and enjoy the butterflies that come with it." I agreed with cheeks that were still flushed and we sat back to watch the movie further in comfortable silence.

When we changed to the second movie Endgame I felt myself getting a bit tired and I had wrapped myself in my blanket while Mick was throwing away our pizza boxes. Mick and I had been watching the movie in comfortable silence - besides some small remarks and banter about what was going on on screen - and it was really nice. He crawled back onto the bed and settled back next to me. We had unconsciously scooted a bit closer to each other during the last movie as that was more comfortable and I could now easily put my head on his shoulder, so I did. I felt him tense up for just a blink of a second as I bridged the small distance between us, but before I could lift my head again and think about my action, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder to settle himself into a more comfortable position and he pulled me close. I knew that I was the first one to close our gap, but I felt my cheeks heathen up at his sudden move, but it was a peaceful feeling as I curled up against Mick with his arm protecting me from the outside world. We were just two kids who were looked at by the world as the child of someone famous in the motorsport world, two kids who just kept the outside world locked away behind their hotel door. I sighed deeply in contentment as we went on and watched the rest of the movie, or at least Mick did, I fell into a deep and comfortable sleep at some point and Mick didn't wake me.

--------

A/N: thank you guys for all the reads and votes <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 854 22
The past year has gone from bad to worse for Charles Leclerc. He lost the World Championship to his greatest rival and then his three year relationsh...
6.7K 230 35
Anna has a problem. Her uncle, with whom she lives, gave her an ultimatum. She must finally stand on her own two feet or she can no longer rely on hi...
401K 6.1K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...
245K 3.1K 36
Alex was on a plane to Barcelona. Unexpectedly she made friends with two guys who sat next to her. They were touristing in the city. Thinking she wou...