Titan Turn; A TDS Story

By OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 17

175 5 4
By OK1610

There he was, after over three years, he really was right there... Gravedigger could not believe it. He took a step forward, observing his uncle a little closer. The same man he had met albeit he looked a little older. His beard grew, his dark hair was longer, with a white streak caught up in a messy bun. His face had more wrinkles but it still fostered a soft expression, the same warm blue eyes, more calming than anything.

"G- Gravedigger?"

He too took a step closer to his nephew, reaching a hand out to him, almost to confirm the fact that he was trully there. Grave held back a few tears as he launched himself into his uncle. Wrapping his arms around his neck, hugging him tight. Krampus engulfed the child into his own arms, holding onto him as if he would disappear any second now..
They held onto each other for a few minutes, both needing the comfort.
The older man relaxed his grip, Grave looking back up at him. He kneeled down, pressing his forehead against Gravedigger's for a few seconds.

"You are alive!" whispered the boy.

"I have always been!" laughed the man. He gazed back at the door, a young man no older than 17 was staring back at him from outside. Krampus rose, a hand still on Grave's shoulder.

"A Tower?" he asked. He felt Grave tug at his arm.

"Uncle, this is Scout! He is my friend! He helped me get here!"

"... Very well then, child come in."

Scout shook himself out of his trance and entered. He felt his heart beat rapidly, he had only ever really met Grave and his father, whom he never heard any tales of. Krampus, however, he had only ever known from stories... how violent he was, cruel and heartless in battle. And yet... Here he was, the monster everyone ran away from, welcoming him into his home.

Scout decided he should at least be polite and with a shaken voice he said, "N- Nice to meet you, sir!" bowing his head the way he would at his superiors back at the base.

Krampus found it somewhat amusing, such a fine young soldier, barely holding it together. A well manered child like his son, how endearing.

"You do not have to call me sir, I am not your Commander. Krampus will suffice!" he winked at the boy, who in turn sheepishly smiled.

"Now with the introductions over... How on Earth did you children even get here?!"

The boys looked at one another for a second before grinning. "Well, sir, that is one loooong story!" gigled Scout.

.....

Scout watched the snowflakes fall through the window, they danced and bounced around in the wind. It reminded him of the first ever army he was a part of, a base in the North.
His mind continued to wander, what has Commander been doing since they left, is he looking for them? Is he mad? Will he get thrown out of the army for this? Maybe... The thought upset him but it will be worth it in the end. He zoned back into the current conversation, listening to Grave explain their tale.

"Wait, wait, wait! So, you are telling me you two ran away from the base, snuck through a portal, stole an atv, modified it and came all the way here to find me... All on your own?!"

"In short, yes." answered Grave as he took a sip of his tea.

"My, my! And I thought Frost Spirit was a handful!"

The boys laughed at the response, Scout carefully mixing his drink. The cabin was rather spacious with the small wooden table they were sitting at next to the window and a couch in front of the fireplace in the living room. It had two bedrooms, one to the side and another one up where the attic was supposed to be. Very cozy for a place so rid of life really.
They finished their cups of tea, stars already adorning the night sky.
Despite the warm atmosphere, Krampus seemed troubled, playing with his half empty mug.

Grave kept his eyes on the cup as he spoke, "Uncle.. I have been meaning to ask you... What happened to the village?"

".. Honestly haven't got a clue.. It was already torn down by the time I arrived.."

"Do you think whoever did it is still out there...sir?" asked Scout.

"I am not certain... But I do know that this place is dangerous...and whatever did attack those villagers does not appear very friendly either... My children, you have risked a lot coming out here... And for all I know it's a one way trip too... *sigh* I just.. cannot believe someone actually came after so long... My goodness it was definitely not a couple of kids I thought would be the first to reach this land...! " he cupped Grave's hands into his own, "Kiddo, think of your father, he will go mad when he finds out you left!"

"... H- He already knows, uncle..."

Krampus pinched the bridge of his nose, "Oh my poor brother... What must be going through his soul right now... *sigh* Look, as much as I am touched that you went out of your way to find me... It burdens me to know that you two may never get back home because of me..."

"B-But we have the book! The one that opens the portal!" pointed Scout.

"I know, I know... Even if we find that portal it does not mean it would activate... Or still be in one piece in the first place... And if that is the case, it means you are trapped as well.. "

Grave cut him off, "It doesn't matter, uncle! Yes we risked a lot, yes it wasn't the greatest thought out plan... But we could not just let you die here alone.. Uncle Sinister almost went insane trying to find you... Father still mourns the day you left and... Frost Spirit needs you.."

Krampus closed his eyes, ".. my son..." he sighed, feeling a tear stream down his cheek which he brushed away swiftly. "Although I am not pleased you two decided to do something so reckless... I am grateful you are here... I would have wished the circumstances to be brighter but you both are safe now and that is what's important...I am sorry you-"

"Uncle, this wasn't your fault, stop acting like it was! You were exiled against your will! It was our choice to come and help! And we will get out, I promise!"

The man smiled sadly, "I always knew you were ambitious... Very well, I will aid you with whatever I can, but for now, you two should go to bed.. It's getting very late and you must be tired! We will continue this in the morning"

Grave wanted to talk more, to explain his 'situation' to his uncle, to ask him for guidance but he couldn't deny the fact that he was exhausted.. And judging from Scout's half closed eyes, he was too. He grabbed his friend's hand, Krampus leading them up to the bedroom, bidding them good night, he closed the door, darkness settling in the room. The boy felt himself relax next to Scout who was already almost asleep. Right as he was about to close his eyes for good, he heard a small sleepy voice whisper.

"... Grave, can I ask you something?"

".. What Scout?"

"Your uncle has a point... We made it here.. How do we make it back?"

"We will figure it out as we go along... If we could open the portal once we could do it again... I am sure we can"

".. Yeah.. Y-You're right! I just hope Com' doesn't rip our heads off for this"

"... I can always run away"

Scout lighlty elbowed Grave in the ribs, "And leave me behind you punk?!"

They chuckled together, this really is one wild adventure isn't it? How they made it this far, Grave could not wrap his head around, but one thing is for sure, they are in too deep to give up... Not now...when everyone depends on them...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 498 17
She opened her eyes and found that her family is still there. With space in hand,she will find her family,abuse fake friend ,fight zombies and stand...
4.7K 144 16
DJ is a new recruit to the TDS team and he has made one thing his mission: get Commander to crack.
1.5K 87 15
ok s thiz is is my first time writing so if may includer some spelling-Grammer mistakes-Bad Story telling a shit thiz storys about evade...if u haven...
5K 50 10
In this world, no one can survive alone. Not a single titan, not a single tower. Everyone needs someone, their teammates, or, maybe, even a partner. ...