ᴍʏ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ | ᴢᴇʟᴅʀɪꜱ x...

By lostgipsydanger

(Y/n) is the younger sister of Elizabeth, the Commandment of Benevolence, the leader of the Ten Commandments... More

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ | ʜᴇᴀᴅꜱ ᴜᴘ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ʙɴʜᴀ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ
ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

849 33 6
By lostgipsydanger

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ."

ᴀᴅᴇʟᴇ

━━ 🌹 ━━

Panting slightly under my breath, I silently watch as the whirlpool fades away in the distance.

"Archangels," I mutter, placing my sword back in its sheath. "Had to ruin everything as usual."

Because of that attack, I know for sure that Ludociel has been resurrected. But what about the other three? Especially that bastard who slaughtered my older brother; Mael the Archangel.

I swear, if that bastard is here right now in Britannia, I will bring him down and make him—

Tilting my head slightly to crack my neck a little, I startle when I feel something behind me.

"Who's there?" I question firmly as I swiftly whirl around, dagger in my hand. "Show yourself."

Don't go after him, a soft voice whispers in my head. You're in a tight spot right now, (Y/n).

I wrinkle my nose in confusion at this strange statement before whispering, "Wait, Gelda?"

There's no response so I slowly put my dagger back in its sheath and then wait for the voice to speak again. But it doesn't. Silence fills my head as if there never was a voice in the first place.

Alright. If I'm not getting any answers about that bizarre statement, I have to figure it out myself.

Don't go after him.

"Go after who exactly?" I say quietly, placing a single finger on one of my cheeks. "Ludociel? Why would I bother to go after him right now anyway? I need that wretched Archangel distracted for the moment. Or maybe that voice meant Mael. But Mael hasn't been seen for a very long time. So I'm wondering if he actually was resurrected along with the other three. That is if Sariel and Tarmiel have been awakened. Damn, there isn't much to go on."

Why are there so many damn things going on right now? Meliodas and Zeldris's curse being activated, my awful nightmares, Gelda suddenly making an appearance, my blurred memories of my older brother, the return of the Four Archangels. Why is all of this happening right now?

"There's something else going on. Something bigger than the Demon Queen and the Supreme Deity," I say, sighing. "Another thing for me to worry about. What fun to be a Demon Princess."

Wincing, I immediately grab the sides of my head when a searing pain blurs my entire vision.

You have a really bad habit of overestimating anyone you fight, (Y/n). That needs to stop.

Well, better to overestimate than underestimate. Don't you think, Levi?

You're so confusing. I have a hard time trying to read you. At least with Elizabeth, I can tell what she's thinking sometimes. But with you, I have no clue what's going on in that head of yours.

I mean, do you have to figure me out? I can be the enigma you could never understand.

That's not really funny, (Y/n). And I know these weird jokes of yours are meant to keep me away.

Weird jokes? I'm quite offended, big brother. They're meant to be unique, just for you.

I don't find them funny. So you can stop. Now, are you going to tell me what really happened?

Um, what? What the hell are you talking about—

Why did you get so distracted during our training session today? What happened, (Y/n)?

Nothing happened, Levi. I'm serious! I just haven't been sleeping well these past couple of days, that's all. Oh, and I guess I can't stop worrying about our mother going completely berserk

You don't have to worry about the Holy War, (Y/n). I will protect both you and Elizabeth

I don't need your protection, Levi. You protect Elizabeth all you want but don't bother with me.

You can be so harsh with your words sometimes. No need to hurt your big brother, alright?

Gasping loudly, I hug my sides tightly as I quickly lean forward, struggling to breathe.

A memory of my older brother. Just shared words. No clear view of his face or where we were.

"Why is that?" I choke out in confusion. "Why can't I see your face, Levi? Why can't I remember?"

I whip my head around when I see an explosion of bright light in the night skies in the distance, the colours yellow and pink intertwining with one another to create a cross-like shape.

A symbol of a pact; one between the Four Archangels and another powerful Goddess.

Don't go after him.

Dark magic dispersing all around me, I clench my fists tightly as I say breathlessly, "Zeldris."

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Welcome back, Princess (Y/n)," Cusack says as I enter the throne room. "I hope all went well."

"It didn't," I answer through gritted teeth once I come to a stop in front of my older sister and our teachers. "I'm afraid I came up empty; I played right into the Daughter of Belialuin's hands. But the biggest issue we face right now is that three of the Four Archangels have been revived."

"Indeed," Elizabeth murmurs softly, arms crossed over her chest. "Did you see the pact, (Y/n)? It's likely Meliodas, Zeldris, and the Seven Deadly Sins have teamed up with the Archangels."

"So it seems your man got away," I note, scoffing as I purse my lips. "Well, that's just great."

Something amusing quickly flashes in Elizabeth's ebony eyes that clearly says, So did yours.

"It doesn't matter what our enemies try to do now," Elizabeth goes on, waving a pale hand in dismissal. "We stick to our plan. Once I become the Demon Queen, this will all be over."

Hands twitching, my eyes immediately dart over to someone near the entrance by the throne.

"Lenora," I speak up and she freezes when she hears her name. "Is there something you need?"

"My lady, I'm so sorry about Prince Meliodas and Prince Zeldris," she says weakly as she falls to her knees. "I just kept my eyes off them for one second and they managed to get away—"

"I find this conduct highly pathetic," Chandler growls in annoyance. "Absolutely pitiful—"

"Enough," my older sister says with a very dark tone which startles me. "Don't speak to Lenora that way, Chandler. She has earned every right to be considered one of us. So watch what you say to her from now on. Now, have I made myself clear, Pacifier Fiend, Napping Reaper?"

Shocked at this, both of our teachers say slowly, "Yes, Princess Elizabeth. We understand."

I narrow my eyebrows in suspicion at Elizabeth. Since when has she cared for Lenora?

When the eldest daughter of the Demon Queen refuses to look at me, I quickly turn my gaze to my maid who has a slight flush to her pale cheeks and a small yet wonderful smile on her lips.

"You have nothing to apologise for, Lenora," I reassure her as she stands back up on her feet. "However, you seem to have come to us for a different reason. Is there something wrong?"

"My lady, the other maids and I have felt an unfamiliar presence in the castle," Lenora tells me worriedly and I raise an eyebrow at this. "We haven't been able to track this individual down—"

"(Y/n), could you please deal with this?" I hear Elizabeth ask me and I reluctantly look over at her, sighing heavily. "Tell me something, little sister, do you still like to take walks?"

My heart jolts in surprise at the sudden inquiry and I can't help but be on my guard.

"And what the hell has that got to do with anything?" I ask with a low voice, teeth gritting.

"Take a walk, (Y/n)," Elizabeth tells me softly. "And then deal with the intruder. Understood?"

"Fine," I growl under my breath in response and then wave a hand for my maid to follow me.

As the two of us leave the massive throne room and walk down the dark hallways towards the dungeons, Lenora and I say nothing to one another, simply relaxing in our shared silence.

After a while, I finally speak up, "Lenora, I need you to head over to the Kingdom of Liones."

"The Kingdom of Liones?" Lenora repeats, blinking. "Prince Meliodas and Prince Zeldris?"

The moment I said the name of the kingdom, she knew exactly what I needed her to do.

"Is this alright?" I ask her and gently grab her hand so that she turns to face me. "Is it alright that I ask this of you, Lenora? If you don't want to, I completely understand. You can remain here—"

"No, I will go," Lenora tells me firmly, squeezing my hand. "I will protect them, my lady."

"Thank you," I say gratefully and lightly press my forehead against hers. "Thank you, Lenora."

"Always, (Y/n)," she whispers back, smiling. "I will always do whatever you need me to do."

I give her a quick hug before she takes her leave. I silently watch her turn around the corner.

"I see that the two of you are much closer, my Princess," a voice suddenly speaks behind me.

I whip around and see that it's just my teacher. How did he get here without me noticing sooner?

"Cusack," I say, straightening my back. "Yeah, I guess I've gotten closer to Lenora these past few days. Anyways, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to stay in the throne room?"

"I wish to keep an eye on you, Princess (Y/n)," he answers simply. "Is that alright with you?"

"Sure," I respond as I continue to walk down the long hallway. "If that's what you want."

"Forgive me for saying this, but you seem a bit more uptight than usual, my Princess," I hear my teacher say quietly as he obediently follows me. "Are you perhaps worried about something?"

"I'm just tired, Cusack," I admit with a tiny sigh. "I can't wait to sleep once this is all over."

"I have failed in making you feel safe," Cusack murmurs softly and I open my mouth to argue. "But please remember this. You never have to fear when you are with me, Princess (Y/n)."

"I am old enough to no longer need your protection, Napping Reaper," I say and then shoot him a wide grin over my shoulder. "But I will never stop needing you. Remember that well."

His face immediately brightens at this. "You are too kind, my Princess. You always have been."

Before I can say anything in response, I feel a foreign presence up ahead. My teacher seems to pick up on this as I rush forward and sharply turn around the corner to spot someone.

"Who are you?" I question, frowning. "How the hell did you break in? There's no sign that you're affected by either of my Commandments. Are you a thief hoping to grab some treasure?"

With that said, I slowly start walking towards the intruder who seems to be frozen in fear.

"I need the Holy Sword," he responds nervously as he tries to back away but bumps into Cusack.

"Princess (Y/n) asked you a question," my teacher speaks very calmly as he towers over the poor, terrified Human. "So answer her. Who exactly are you and why are you here?"

"I—I'm the King," he stutters out the response. "Arthur Pendragon, the King of Camelot."

"Ah, I see," I say once I reach the two of them. "So it's you, the one Merlin was so worried about."

"Wait, Merlin?" the young King says the name in surprise before turning around to face me.

"Care to explain what you're doing sneaking around?" I question him and my eyes widen when I remember the sword from the dungeons. "Wait, are you here for that odd-looking sword?"

Out of nowhere, a cat leaps out of the Human's satchel, yelling, "Make a run for it, Arthur!"

"Cath!" Arthur cries out as the armour placed against the stone walls beside us starts moving.

"Telekinesis?" Cusack says, dodging the pieces of armour that are tossed at the two of us.

"Run!" the cat yells while I quickly raise my hands to avoid getting hit. "Get that Holy Sword!"

"I'll be back to save you!" I hear the King of Camelot promise as he suddenly gets pulled away.

"Alright, enough of this," I hiss and then use my powers to grab all of the armour flying around.

From the corner of my eye, I spot my teacher swiftly bringing down the cat. I release my hold on all the armour pieces which come falling to the stone ground, the sound echoing everywhere.

"He seems desperate," I state curiously as we make our way to the chamber where the sword is. "I wonder if he is able to draw that sword out. But if so, why didn't he take it with him sooner?"

"He most likely cannot draw it out, Princess (Y/n)," Cusack answers me before using his magic to break down the wall that leads to the chamber. "Which makes me even more intrigued."

"You're making a mess, Cusack," I complain quietly as we enter the chamber. "Lenora is not here at the moment so the others will have to tidy this up. Please, try and control yourself."

"Apologies, my Princess," my teacher says with one hand on his broad chest while the other hand holds the cat. "It's been a while since I've used my powers so it seems I went overboard."

"Cath," I hear the young Human say weakly when he spots his pet. "Damn it. Damn you all!"

Body freezing, seven hearts racing, dreadful shivers rush down my spine when I see the pure hatred flaming in those violet eyes glaring right at me. Those eyes—

"Back off, you two," I hear Elizabeth speak from behind us. "Enough. This boy is an acquaintance of mine. Arthur, this castle doesn't belong to you anymore. Get the hell out of here."

"Is that you, Lady Elizabeth?" the King of Camelot questions as I try my best to not shiver. "Why are you here with these Demons? And why do you look so different? And your power...No way!"

"I've decided to part with the Seven Deadly Sins," my older sister states as huge tears fill up the Human's purple eyes. "I'm not the same woman you used to know."

"Impossible," Arthur whimpers pathetically and the tears finally pour down his pale cheeks as he slams a fist on the marble ground. "Why? It can't be. It can't. I always—I always looked up to you, Elizabeth! Whatever your reasons are for doing this, betraying those who believe in you, all your friends, the person who I thought you loved, it's unforgivable!"

"Now, take it, Arthur," I hear the cat suddenly say weakly from Cusack's hand.

"I'll never ever forgive you!" the King of Camelot roars in anger and easily pulls the sword out.

A quiet gasp immediately leaves my lips when I see how effortlessly the young Human did this.

"Hey, Napping Reaper," I hear Chandler speak up. "What is this strange presence I'm sensing?"

"Your eyes look different," the Dragon Sin of Wrath notes when I can't seem to say anything. "They're more confident, nothing like that kid who snivelled when he couldn't protect Merlin."

"I could say the same about you too," Arthur counters and slowly raises his newly-obtained sword, his violet eyes sharp and ready. "Unfortunately, the Elizabeth I knew is gone."

"Are you really going to get into it with us?" Elizabeth questions mockingly. "All by yourself?"

"Listen, Demon Elizabeth," Arthur says with a raised voice. "And this goes for everyone siding with her: I am now going to annihilate all of you, and take back my kingdom!"

"What an impudent child you are," Chandler states when he suddenly appears beside Arthur, his wooden staff raised above his head, ready to strike his enemy. "You're just a Human."

A brilliant purple light swiftly fills the entire chamber so I instantly close my eyes. When I open them again, my hearts skip a beat when I see that my older sister's teacher has been struck.

"Don't underestimate Humans," the King of Camelot says while I try to hold in my giggles.

"There's not a scratch on him," Cusack says in shock and his dark eyes widen even more when I start giggling. "My Princess, are you quite alright? Why are you laughing at such a moment?"

"What a fascinating Human," I breathe, excited. "And the sword seems to only answer to him."

I startle when my teacher is swiftly struck and the cat is taken from his hand. I look back to see that Arthur has the cat now and is whispering soft words of comfort to it, his gaze gentle.

"All that swordsmanship," Cusack mutters as he turns around. "Why did you even bother—"

My eyes widen in shock when several deep cuts appear on different parts of Cusack's body.

"Cusack!" I cry out his name just as the Human swiftly brings down his sword.

The stone walls around the chamber immediately start to crumble so I quickly make my escape, drawing out my sword. When I see Arthur kneeling next to the cat, distracted, I make my move.

"The Dance of Avidya," I mutter under my breath when he counters my attack from behind.

This is just like the technique of a blind warrior from long ago who was able to counter any and all surprise attacks. But why would he be wielding it?

"I told you before, don't underestimate Humans," Arthur says calmly before turning around and making his move. "Death Striker!"

"What the hell," I growl, using my sword to block the attack. "Are you kidding me right now?"

Hands aching terribly, caught off guard, I'm blasted backwards away from the tower.

Do not fight the young King of Camelot, a voice speaks into my head. Do not be a fool, (Y/n).

"Gelda?" I call out once I spread my dark wings and come to a stop. "Is that you? Gelda!"

Why won't she answer? Is she not able to speak to me directly anymore because of the curse?

I swiftly look down to see my older sister fighting Arthur and their battle creates a mass amount of dust and smoke that starts to spread everywhere on the tower, blocking my view entirely.

Just when I hear the agonising screams of King Arthur fill the air, Gelda yells, Protect him, (Y/n)!

I rush back to the tower to see that the young Human is struggling to carry the sword and that there are blood patches all over his outfit, a distressed expression on his pale face.

"Cusack, no!" I yell when I see my teacher kneeling right in front of the collapsed Human.

"Before you try it, he's coming with me," a familiar voice speaks angrily and freezing ice engulfs my entire body the second my feet touch the stone ground, my lungs closing up, my eyes wide.

"I know you!" I hear Chandler snarl and it seems that the other three are frozen like me.

Within the ice, I finally notice that the Daughter of Belialuin has arrived. Gently, she pulls Arthur towards her and places the side of his head against her chest, her yellow eyes glowing sadly.

"You did well to survive this, Arthur," she tells the young Human and then turns her attention to the injured cat beside them. "You sent that telepathic message, didn't you? I owe you."

"Merlin," I hear the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins speak up, clearly annoyed. "Enough of your games. Give me the Commandment of Faith right now."

"I know what you're trying to do," the Boar Sin of Gluttony says to her comrade. "You're focused on becoming the Demon Queen to save Meliodas. But don't forget about your friends because we're focused on going out and risking our lives in an effort to save you, Elizabeth."

When Merlin disappears with the King of Camelot, the ice everywhere shatters and I let out a shuddering breath when fresh air fills my lungs again. I stumble before regaining my balance.

"Well, Napping Reaper, that was disgraceful!" Chandler scolds my teacher, waving around his wooden staff. "First, you get clobbered by a boy then you let that girl slip through your fingers!"

"I got careless for a moment and let my guard down, that's all," Cusack says simply as he fiddles with his pink moustache. "But it doesn't matter because I'm getting rid of that kid now."

His eyes light up with the colour red as he raises both of his hands and mimics holding a sword.

Eyes widening in realisation at what he is about to do, I lift a hand, yelling, "Cusack, wait!"

But I'm too late. He makes a swift motion, as if driving the sword straight through his stomach.

There's silence as I suddenly collapse to my knees, my hands shaking, my shoulders trembling.

There's no way that poor Human survived such an attack. But why do I feel so sad about this?

"(Y/n), what the hell is going on with you?" I hear my older sister question in bewilderment.

Do not fight the young King of Camelot.

Do not be a fool, (Y/n).

Protect him, (Y/n).

"I don't know," I whisper honestly as I let my head hang between my shoulders. "I don't know."

That Human meant nothing to me; I just met him.

But why do I still feel like there's a massive hole in each one of my seven wretched hearts?

━━ 🌹 ━━

"I'll ask one more time," Elizabeth's voice brings me back to the present. "Are you sure, (Y/n)?"

After our encounter with the King of Camelot, we headed back to the throne room, each one of us silent. Even with my older sister's questioning glances directed at me, I said nothing.

Elizabeth now possesses five of the Commandments. If she successfully absorbs all of them, she will become much stronger and should be able to absorb the rest of the Commandments.

Scoffing at the question, I say to her, "What? Are you asking for one of my Commandments—"

"No, I'm not, (Y/n)," Elizabeth smoothly cuts me off as five of the Commandments float in one of her raised hands, glowing. "Keep both of those Commandments for now. What I'm really asking you is whether you're alright with this, (Y/n), even though you gave me your word earlier."

"I believe I already gave you my permission, Elizabeth," I grunt as I slowly cross my arms over my chest, tilting my head to the side. "Don't forget why I agreed to help you in the first place."

"I'll keep that promise no matter what," she reassures me and spins around. "Once I've absorbed all ten Commandments and become the Demon Queen, consider it done."

Hearts heavy, I watch my older sister walk down the carpeted stairs, away from the throne.

"Elizabeth," I call out to the elder Demon and she turns back, her dark eyes empty. "What you said to me, that day when the other Commandments and I fought you, do you still remember?"

She's quiet for a couple of seconds before she murmurs, "Yes. Yes, I do. Why do you ask, (Y/n)?"

You're scared. You're weak. But you have love to become stronger.

You love him. Always have. Don't try to run.

"You said that I have love to become stronger," I state weakly, lowering my gaze. "Yes, this is true. But I'm afraid that my love will become a raging fire that will consume the whole world."

"3,000 years ago, the Holy War began because of my love for Meliodas," the eldest daughter of the Demon Queen says. "If that was the case for me, then what is it for you, my little sister?"

I suck in a sharp breath at this question as waves of light flicker all over the room, blinding me.

"Then I will do what you did during the Holy War, Elizabeth," I say quietly even though she can't hear me as five of the Commandments enter her body, light shining everywhere. "I'll let my love burn those who defy my happiness with the love of my life. I will burn everything that stands in my way."

━━ 🌹 ━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 5.8K 51
[Y/N], a member of the goddess race and sister to the dear Sariel of the four archangels. Zeldris, the son of the demon king and the enemy. A kind, c...
16.5K 729 18
The holy war was over. Chaos wanted all clans to live in peace. That's why Chaos decided that all clans should study at the same school. (humans, fai...
42.5K 1.2K 36
Never have I ever thought I'd have this life... _______ "Welcome to the team, Y/N." _______ Never have I ever thought I'd see these people again... ...
1.2K 35 13
It's been five years. Five years since the demon king had been defeated. Five years since what was left of the Ten Commandments steps down. Five year...